Most autistic thing you've purchased lately - c'mon feel the cringe

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
I've done some digging.

Morrowind comparisons, see fps bottom right corner.

Morrowind with Kyro 2:

Geforce 3:

Kyro 2:

Geforce 3:

For Kyro II We're seeing about 50% of the Geforce 3 performance in Morrowind, plus the graphics are broken, see water plane. I know the Kyro 2 could be faster than gf3 due to being much more efficient, but not in this game. Driver support was generally rat shit.
Informative, thank you. Yeah the drivers were the weak spot and Bethesda being notoriously shit with the engine can't have made things easier. Look at the foliage on the Kyro screens, they render correctly but on the wrong plane. Alphas was probably drawn last by the GPU but it reorders the draw calls and got confused a long the way.
They're still drawn on the GF3 screens, it's just that the scenery is then drawn on top of them or the foliage is inside the rocks.

The water looks like a weird transformation issue, in the all the screens it correctly runs from the horizon but in the Kyro ones the plane is aligned to the "chest" of the player character.

Thank you for digging that up. For a $149 card from 2001 it was pretty impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: MrTickles

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net

Kyro my shit up fam.
The chart bothered me because cardX should NOT be THAT far down AND, but... then I remember that from top to bottom all of that happened in a just bit over 24 months, from the past king, the TNT1, at the bottom to the new GeForce 2 at the top and then everything between. When the custom APIs died and D3D become more important S3 was at the top of the benchmark charts for a couple of weeks due to them having the only fully working D3D6 drivers. Fun times, everything happened so quickly.

MrTickles

Ducking Fegenerate
kiwifarms.net
The chart bothered me because cardX should NOT be THAT far down AND, but... then I remember that from top to bottom all of that happened in a just bit over 24 months, from the past king, the TNT1, at the bottom to the new GeForce 2 at the top and then everything between. When the custom APIs died and D3D become more important S3 was at the top of the benchmark charts for a couple of weeks due to them having the only fully working D3D6 drivers. Fun times, everything happened so quickly.
Tell me about it. But somehow we got through it largely unscathed. I still have some waking terrors of my TNT2 running Morrowind like utter shit.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

An Ghost

Boof
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speedlite and softbox. I miss amazon prime because my stands are still a few days out.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
noise cancelling headphones because i get all murdery at the sounds humans make.
I tried those, now I really regret not shelling out for real noise cancellation because my current pair keep it out through sheer clamping force and I swear it bruises the blood vessels in my head (random shooting branches of pain for a day after taking them off, dizzy headaches).

• Feels
Reactions: Count groudon
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino