Most autistic thing you've purchased lately - c'mon feel the cringe

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gammalt bröd rostar aldrig.
kiwifarms.net
Prototype is a good game(a bit tedious in some parts) and the story is cool.

Well, I'm gonna find out this weekend.
From what I've read, serious advances have been made in the way these things are put together. I've got some from 2016-17 and I'm torn between my old man's C ration horror stories/the words of @TiggerNits and what I've heard from articles and other outdoorfags, who've told me they've improved big time.
A whole MRE seems excessive and a bit expensive. I've eaten quite a few REAL Turmat (https://realoutdoorfood.com/) and they are really good. Adventurefood is decent if I remember it right, but Turmat was my favorite.

It's not a big purchase but I have started to make my own spice mixes, I already do the traditional thing of having a jar of cinnamon & sugar so why not do that with salt and pepper and every other common combination? I have plenty of empty spice glasses already. Now I just have to make the holes in the lid the appropriate size, for some they are too big and for others too small. Then I label them with masking tape. And get rid of the shitty spice rack, gonna make a spice hammock instead.

• Winner
Reactions: Recoil

DildoGaggins

Autismo Magnifico
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got a gas mask leg pouch for my S-10. I got a free one a while back but it was camo and I really hate camo.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
Bought Prima's strategy guide for Quest 64 at a used game shop for $4. I haven't owned the game since the late 90s, I didn't like it when I had it, but I guess I just couldn't resist the guide's siren song.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, I've heard they've gotten better in the near 20 years its been since I've had to eat one.
Can now confirm, it was mostly quite decent. The 'wheat snack bread' is a culinary atrocity, but it makes sense when I think about shelf life and materials. The powdered drinks take forever to mix in your water bottle or canteen, it's like sand. Some of the items are strangely tasty. They taste good, but in a way that's hard to put a finger on. Biggest problem I see with it is that it creates too much trash.
Flavor-wise, I'm guessing the Army got its shit a little more together durning the last couple of wars.
Thanks for this, I'm gonna give that a try.

Blini Cat

the lichen touches you.
kiwifarms.net
A "build your own town" game you play entirely on paper and by yourself. This suits me perfectly because I am in hermit mode ATM.
This is a little off topic, but I actually have a large pad of graph paper where I'm drawing an imaginary city block by block. I use different colored pens to determine the zoning. I even meticulously drew out a highway interchange. The worst part is I was somewhat influenced by reading about ADF's make believe country.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
Wood

To build a train table for my S-gauge American Flyer train collection that's grown too big to just run in a loop on the floor in the spare bedroom.....

My old man had an American Flyer train set that we would put up in the carport of our old house sometimes,
Hello fellow AF aficianado, that's how I got started on this current mini-foamer empire, found my Dad's old AF set in box, plugged it in, and it still ran.

And after a while I thought "Is there more old stuff out there on eBay?" HOOOOo brother... there was :) that's all a mix of common engines and cars ranging from 1949 - 1955, considered the "good" years for the trains, being of high quality (metal wheels, knuckle couplers that open and close like real ones, fine details) and high-volume sales so that a lot of examples survive, are cheap to buy, and still run good.

The freight cars are plastic shells on tin bases, but those steam engines are die-cast metal and pretty-much bomb proof. That one in the foreground is a model of a PRR K5 Pacific, and it's SEVENTY years old and still runs like a champ on all-original equipment as far as I can tell....

The 2nd steamer back there is from 1954, it has a small air baffle in it that makes a "Chug Chug" sound as it runs, and makes smoke too by heating a little reservoir of mineral oil you fill with an eyedropper.

The 3rd one's a GP-7 diesel from 1950, and is painted to look like EMD #100, the original pre-production prototype that was sent around as a tech demonstrator to sell railroads on the idea of going all-diesel. Production GP-7's were introduced to US railroads in 1947, and their success put the steam engine on the scrap heap. By 1957, only 2 railroads in the entire country were still regularly using steam, and that was for freight service only.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino