Most evil video game villains -

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
Any opinions on this?

While this isn't actually explained in-game, the villain "Bloodless" from Bloodstained:Ritual of the Night is likely based off of Countess Bathory (a female serial killer who allegedly murdered and bathed in the blood of children). There is some disturbing in-game artwork showing her bathing in a tub of blood with children's toys floating in it.

maxresdefault.jpg

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
President Dick Richardson in Fallout 2
The Valsharess from Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
Kefka from Final Fantasy 6
Baal from Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
Warden Krieg from Grim Dawn

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
The Valsharess from Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
I did play that game a few times back in the day.

I recall there was a minor villain (Captain Baram or something) who abducted 2 children from a woman, scarified them to a demon and cannibalized them to get demonic powers. (After the woman finds out she forces one of his guards to kill her).

Also, Dr. Caulder from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (also known as Dr. Stolos or Dr. Bereth - the names of demons from Ars Goetia)

Was a war criminal who performed human experimentation and biological weapons testing on subjects. He created several clone children, and forced some of his children to fly an aircraft on a suicide mission to kill his enemies. Also murdered his clone "son" with poison after he learned he had betrayed him. Very sadistic fellow.

I think he was inspired by Joseph Mengele (Nazi war criminal who did cloning experiments) and Shiro Ishii (Japanese war criminal from WWII who ran Unit 731 and performed biological weapons testing on subjects).

download.jpg

Last edited:

Dick Justice

Redditors get the rope
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread is going to be really boring if people just name drop without giving any explanations why.
Bob Page and Walton Simons. "We can have our city on the hill, we just need to kill everyone with a horrible bioweapon first! Don't mind the fact that we're the only ones who obviously benefit."
President Dick Richardson in Fallout 2
Dick wasn't evil, just incompetent. He was obviously a Dan Quayle stand-in. Frank Horrigan, on the other hand...

catpin

Being nice only will last for a while
kiwifarms.net
You have three types of evil villains.
The ones where they do evil shit for the sake of being evil (Joker, Adachi from Persona 4, SHODAN from system shock.)
The ones who do evil shit because of greed and power (Shinra from FF7, Shido from persona 5, Goldfinger from Bond)
And which I find them more interesting, the ones who want to use a (To them) considered a necessary evil to save/help people (Talion from Shadow of Mordor, Rando from LISA the painful, Asgore from Undertale)

To what someone considers evil is subjective what they believe themself is righteous, I think Greed evil, and Evil for the sake of evil is a cheap shot at a villain.
A good villain, for example, Rando from LISA, orders people to be killed, Orders people to rob others and, kidnaps Brad's "Adoptive" daughter he kept in hiding, killing Brad's friends in the process.
In a world where the majority are only men, they needed someone to reproduce with to keep humanity from going extinct, and Rando only wanted to secure her so she could be used for breeding.

I don't really have a villain that is considered "most evil" because most of the villains that are considered pure evil are uncreative in my opinion.
However, if there's one villain that really nails it for me it's Arthas from warcraft 3.
Fucker started killing a town just because they were plagued, chased a demon for the sake of vengeance, forced his men to accompany him by burning their boats once they arrived at northrend, got corrupted by a magic blade, and decided to lead an undead army.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
should this not be in video game board? anyway, since i already talked about the main character of tales of symphonia in another thread, why not talk about his nemesis mithos yggdrasill.

Mithos_%28ToS%29.jpg

(careful, this cute boy is 4000+ years old.)

Mithos is the prefect example of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". born as a half-elf he soon realized nether races wanted him. the humans hated him for being able to use magic and not aging while the elves hated him for not being a pure blood but also afraid since its hinted that half-elfs are more adapt in using magic making them superior to elves in that regard. he and his sister were exiled from their village during a race riot and soon found out the two super powers of the world were about to start a war. the nations used weapons called magi technology that threaten to destroy the world by sucking its mana dry from the world tree so Mithos and his sister, Martel, decided to go on a quest to not only save the world but "redeem" the half elf race. things seems to have gone pretty well since he got both kings to come to a truce and have a peace talk on neutral grounds. however, both kings were scheming on killing Mithos and his friends so they could continue the war and his sister Martel, was caught in the cross fire. enraged, Mithos killed both the kings, seal away the magic tree, sealed Martels soul into its seed so she would not fade away and used a magic sword to split the world in two, isolating them and killing god knows how many people in the process.

for the next 4000 years, the two world has been in constant proxy war with itself with Mithos controlling it from behind the scenes. creating an organization of half-elves that take human salves that work them too death and later get turned into weapons. he also force breed humans so one day, a human with the perfect body would be born so he could use that human to transfer his sister soul into reviving her. his main goal was to turn every living being into one race to kill racism but by the end of the day, he just wanted his sister back. when she dose come back too life and calls him out on his shit, Mithos just breaks down and laughs, realize he spent 4000 years genocide people all for nothing and just snaps and tries to end the world.

luckily, he was stopped by the heroes and put him to rest.

Last edited:

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Ryo Aoki from Yakuza 7. Dude gets friendzoned by a glorified hooker so decides he's going to take over an entire city.
Also, everyone from both Kane & Lynch 1 and 2. Every single character is an evil piece of shit who commits murder, torture, robbery, familiacide, etc for no other reason than for shits and giggles really.

Ly Erg

Independence for Nod
kiwifarms.net
In terms of Mortal Kombat characters. Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Quan-Chi and Shinnok. It's hard to pick who's the most evil out of them all since they all share the same amounts of vile and evil but Shang Tsung might be the most evil out of them, even surpassing Shao Kahn in terms of being that much of a snake that no one can really trust him in anything and that's he willing to sellout anything for just a minimum amount of gain.

To what someone considers evil is subjective what they believe themself is righteous, I think Greed evil, and Evil for the sake of evil is a cheap shot at a villain.
A good villain, for example, Rando from LISA, orders people to be killed, Orders people to rob others and, kidnaps Brad's "Adoptive" daughter he kept in hiding, killing Brad's friends in the process.
In a world where the majority are only men, they needed someone to reproduce with to keep humanity from going extinct, and Rando only wanted to secure her so she could be used for breeding.
I wouldn't say Rando is evil. Rando brought some form of order in parts of a chaotic world where people and mutants were killing each other. While he could control his men and people with fear due to his appearance, his prowess and the sheer force of his army. He's not the type of person to kill people because they got in his way and he has left peaceful communities alone like the pacifists. He can't control all of his army everywhere though and it was already shown when some of his men betrayed his orders to leave Brad alone because they were not happy that Rando would give him supplies as an apology for destroying his bike by accident.

And while Rando did look for buddy because she was the 'future' of mankind. It wasn't until two of Brad's friends betrayed Brad, killed the only other friend that refused to rat out Brad and people started witnessing buddy that Rando tried to find her. Rando had no idea that Brad was in anyway related to buddy and it was only till the end of Painful and the start of Joyful that Rando put two to two together. Even still I very much doubt Rando would be the type of person to force anyone to bear children, let alone a child since it doesn't match his personality of what we known of him.

Rando's problem was naivety and cowardice, he trusted his men too much when many were willing to backstab him to either get to buddy for themselves or start fights that Rando wouldn't let happen otherwise if he were there. Once Buddy started becoming more bloodthirsty and twisted, Rando, instead of putting his foot down and calling out Buddy's behavior, started killing people alongside her since he was afraid of what would happen to her on her quest to become the top of the overlords.

But once they killed the pacifists, it was only than Rando couldn't take the disgust anymore and walked away. Even still in his dying breath, he wanted Buddy to drop him so she could get away from an scumbag using the situation to his advantage so he could rape buddy. So Rando isn't really evil, just way over his head.

Now...Marty Armstrong, Buzzo and his Boss on the other hand are far, far worse.

An Ghost

gonna spook ahhh im spooking
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
should this not be in video game board? anyway, since i already talked about the main character of tales of symphonia in another thread, why not talk about his nemesis mithos yggdrasill.

View attachment 1953079
(careful, this cute boy is 4000+ years old.)

Mithos is the prefect example of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". born as a half-elf he soon realized nether races wanted him. the humans hated him for being able to use magic and not aging while the elves hated him for not being a pure blood but also afraid since its hinted that half-elfs are more adapt in using magic making them superior to elves in that regard. he and his sister were exiled from their village during a race riot and soon found out the two super powers of the world were about to start a war. the nations used weapons called magi technology that threaten to destroy the world by sucking its mana dry from the world tree so Mithos and his sister, Martel, decided to go on a quest to not only save the world but "readme" the half elf race. things seems to have gone pretty well since he got both kings to come to a truce and have a peace talk on neutral grounds. however, both kings were scheming on killing Mithos and his friends so they could continue the war and his sister Martel, was caught in the cross fire. enraged, Mithos killed both the kings, took away the magic tree, sealed Martels soul into its seed so she would not fade away and used a magic sword to split the world in two, isolating them and killing god knows how many people in the process.

for the next 4000 years, the two world has been in constant war with itself with Mithos controlling it from behind the scenes. creating an organization of half-elves that take human salves that work them too death and later get turned into weapons. he also forced breed humans so one day, a human with the perfect body would be born so he could use that human to transfer his sister soul into reviving her. his main goal was to turn every living being into one race to kill racism but by the end of the day, he just wanted his sister back. when she dose come back too life and calls him out on his shit, Mithos just breaks down and laughs, realize he spent 4000 years geocoding people all for nothing and just snaps and tries to end the world.

luckily, he was stopped by the heroes and put him to rest.
Hes not evil.

Hes just needs a hug. Please dont bully him.

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
This thread is going to be really boring if people just name drop without giving any explanations why.
Fair enough.

I'll give you that Dick is perhaps as incompetent as outright evil, but dude's an absolute piece of shit. Horrigan's just a monster, he has practically zero personality beyond his murderous tendencies couched in muh patriotism. He's a marginally-sentient living weapon who generally needs to be wielded by someone smarter (arguably Dick but in Frankie's case pretty much anybody's smarter than him).

The Valsharess is kind of your typical Drow matron turned up to 11. Bloodthirsty, powerhungry, is so damn full of hubris she binds Mephistopheles using his truename except this was all according to keikaku for Meph, because he's a fucking archdevil who schemes rings around mortals... and her hubris gets Meph unleashed on the mortal realm.

Kefka Palazzo is "I did it for the lulz" taken to a horrific extreme. He's an utter madman and psychopath, he destroys people and things because it's FUNNY, he enslaved and mindraped (and possibly actually raped) Espers, and HE WINS. The only reason you can even defeat him is because he gets BORED OF WINNING.

Baal is a literal demon who craves the suffering and destruction of as many people and things around him as possible, up to and including the entirety of Sanctuary. He cannot be reasoned or bargained with, because he'll happily just kill you regardless of the deal struck.

Warden Krieg is an absolute monster. An extreme sadist who craves power so he can hurt more people. He WILLINGLY becomes a host for an Aetherial (and he's so damn evil and surprisingly mentally strong that he retains most if not all of his will while tapping into the Aetherials' power via possession), and he's ready to turn everyone else into a Taken or a corpse, whichever comes first.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
Beatrice from Wild ARMs 3 comes to mind. You'd think she would be a sympathetic villain. But she's not. She's a dream demon who wants to create a world where she can physically exist. Seems kind of sad actually. But she maliciously stole people's memories making them all forget ten years of time. She's draining Filgaia dry of energy so she can create a new world for herself. She manipulates Gallows' brother by appearing as a spirit who gives him prophetic powers. She isn't even revealed as the big bad until the very end. You have to replay the game to really notice her actually. She's hanging arround and is mentioned. But I honestly didn't notice her until I went back and read FAQs. But she's awful, cares about no one but herself and even the other demons were afraid of her. She looks like a little gothic lolita girl and lives in a big mansion full of toys. It's kind of creepy. I sorta feel like she was thrown in at the last minute.

Also from the same game, Malik. Doesn't look malicious or anything. Looks like a nice guy actually if you didn't know he was a villain. But he's a freak. He is obsessed with his deceased mother. To the point where I'm pretty sure he wants to have sex with her. He creates a clone and when she revives she thinks Malik is a monster, runs in terror and gets killed. All the prophets are awful people but Malik is the worst because of the creepy mother obsession.