Most evil video game villains -

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
I was playing the Mega Man X collection on Steam the other day and I remembered this guy (Double from MMX4). He was portrayed as very violent and sadistic, and his battle theme was also very chilling.

1620017324464.png

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Karras and the sheriff that supplied him with vagabonds, street scum, and prostitutes to turn into mindless slaves. Every masked servant in Thief 2 is just someone who has been kidnapped and put through mind control.

Karras wanted to go further and make members of his own religion into mind controlled super soldiers. His goal is to destroy all things organic.

He sounds like a lolcow.

RembrandtCourage

kiwifarms.net
Jon Irenicus from Baldur’s Gate 2 has to be up there
No. If you remember it wasn't him that willingly turned bad it was
Bodhi, his sister that lead him astray. His crimes were great enough that he was stripped of his elven lineage and cast out of elven society. The Queen still loved him and was willing to forgive him if he did some introspection and worked on bettering himself but unfortunately it touched something of a nerve and ate away at him really bad.

I think FF6 was one of the top ones in terms of story but unfortunately somewhat hampered by its legacy of being one of, if not the most exploitable and easily broken of the games from a battle standpoint. Kefka also didn't start out evil either. For those who may or may not remember when the Emperor began experiments in infusing humans with magic, Kefka was the first volunteer and up until then he was reported to be a standup guy, but the experiments broke something in him and he had a complete personality change. It can be argued that Gestahl was the more evil one with his unbidden lust for power and dominion what with the experiments and esper enslavements until he was finally betrayed by his top man. I could go on about how FF6 was one of the top ones in terms of story but I'll spare you all since this is about who can be considered the most evil.

Dark Edea

kiwifarms.net
Manfred_von_Karma_Portrait.png

Manfred von Karma from the Ace Attorney games. This asshole spent his 40 year career as a prosecutor more or less doctoring evidence, compelling false testimony and otherwise lying to maintain his undefeated prosecutorial record. He was responsible for sending countless innocent people to jail or to their deaths while enriching himself.

ACTION

!!!
kiwifarms.net
I know this is a common take nowadays, but I think I still give it to Majora. In retrospect it's surprising Nintendo even made a character like that, and all the way back on the N64 as well.

I'm kind of surprised that even at a cursory glance, I didn't see anyone else say "Majora."

Pentex

You're Ridin' With Biden...STRAIGHT TO HELL!
kiwifarms.net
For me it was Lord Gwyn from Dark Souls.

Magically crippled the entire human race with the brand of fire and the curse of undeath to sustain his age of fire.

Ghettoized the pygmy kings in the ringed city as their 'reward' for killing stone dragons on his behalf.

Erased his eldest son from history for not wanting to genocide the dragons.

Trooned out his other son pretty much on a whim.

Last edited:

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Surprised Porky Minch hasn't been brought up yet. I've talked about him in the "which characters would be lolcows" thread so I won't go into too much detail.

Porky Minch is what CWC would be if the Merge happened:
* Wants nothing but validation 24/7 - anyone who doesn't do this is a baddie for him to defeat.
* Is more than willing to kill, destroy and/or brutally maim anybody in his way.
* Believes himself to be a charming character that deserves all the self importance he has.
* Literally subjects animals and an 11 year old boy to horrific experiments akin to stuff Josef Mengele did because he wants new "toys".
* Really wants to end the world because he's bored and he thinks it'll be funny.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2138564

Manfred von Karma from the Ace Attorney games. This asshole spent his 40 year career as a prosecutor more or less doctoring evidence, compelling false testimony and otherwise lying to maintain his undefeated prosecutorial record. He was responsible for sending countless innocent people to jail or to their deaths while enriching himself.
Don't forget the first and only time he got a black mark on his record (which was a SLAP ON THE WRIST) he went nuts, murdered the defense attorney who tripped him up and framed another guy who had to fake brain damage to avoid jail. Then he mentored that attorney's son and turned him into the opposite of his father, later framing HIM for murder 15 years later. He was also an abusive father, treating his daughter more as a student and raising her to be a whip slinging she-demon who was just as obsessed with being undefeated as he was.

Weeb Slinger

kiwifarms.net
sphinx-adventure_10.png

The un-named dwarf from Sphinx Adventure, who would appear at random and, without provocation, throw an axe at you. Retaliation was complicated by the fact that Sphinx Adventure (and the word 'Adventure' here is being deployed in the broadest sense) could only be navigated using two-word commands. Players were not informed in advance which words would be recognised and were left to find out by trial and error, while being violently assaulted by a person of diminished stature.

The dwarf's axe could not picked up and hurled back. Requests to 'fuck' or 'rape' the dwarf were ignored. Successfully killing the dwarf (by throwing a sword at him) was not the end of matters. Another dwarf (or perhaps the same one reincarnated off-screen) would eventually return to torment you.

Gravemind

A monument to all your sins
kiwifarms.net
His name is Not Important. What is important is what he's gonna do.

And what he did was pretty much go on a mostly small scale shootout only to ultimately nuke the equivalent of maybe a small county's worth of landmass because he was that petty and smalltime in his ambitions to kill as many people as he could. Still, pretty evil all things considered.

Jeff Boomhauer

Yo.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2138564

Dahlia Hawhtorne is way worse, imo. That woman fucked up so many lives.

JamesFargo

Every word I say spells "fuck you" as an anagram.
kiwifarms.net
I think FF6 was one of the top ones in terms of story but unfortunately somewhat hampered by its legacy of being one of, if not the most exploitable and easily broken of the games from a battle standpoint.
That's OK. If you want a challenge, it's easy to forgo the Veldt or fighting Intangir, etc. I personally like breaking games.

Kefka also didn't start out evil either. For those who may or may not remember when the Emperor began experiments in infusing humans with magic, Kefka was the first volunteer and up until then he was reported to be a standup guy, but the experiments broke something in him and he had a complete personality change. It can be argued that Gestahl was the more evil one

Without a doubt. It is a shame that we don't explore this. An easily-missed NPC explains his backstory in two boxes, and that's it. Hopefully there's enough room for gamers to connect the dots on their own.

Historical comparisons are easy to draw. Kefka took power because the establishment saw him as a useful idiot. Their reward: Soon Vector will be nothing but ruins at the foot of Kefka's Tower. Within the story, Leo is the diplomat. Kefka is the killer. Leo gets the laurels, which Kefka seems to resent. To the point where Gesthal (the game's equivalent of Murray Franklin) throws Kefka in prison to save face. But the Empire has no need for diplomats. It's obvious who is more responsible for the Empire's rise.

If they ever do remake VI, which is probably a bad idea, I think it should expand on this dichotomy.

Last edited:

ellroy

kiwifarms.net
Bobby Kotick of Activision - Blizzard. Set Activision on the path of constantly pumping out titles for CoD and other IPs under their limited banner. Most notably his leadership got involved with the development of CoD: MW2 and became focused on forcing map packs on PC. Eventually fucked over West and Zampella out of their bonus when they were fired for a bullshit reason.