Most evil video game villains -

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
Bobby Kotick of Activision - Blizzard. Set Activision on the path of constantly pumping out titles for CoD and other IPs under their limited banner. Most notably his leadership got involved with the development of CoD: MW2 and became focused on forcing map packs on PC. Eventually fucked over West and Zampella out of their bonus when they were fired for a bullshit reason.
Todd Howard. he went from making an amazing game like morrwind too shilling out skyrim for almost 10 years. he than tried to trick/forcing people to pay for mods with the besheda creation club.

Vapid_Idiot

kiwifarms.net
carver.png

I have played all of the Telltale Walking Dead games, multiple times. They are my favorite walking simulators. With the different outcomes and scenarios, you can at least respect characters in a way that makes you at least try to understand their motivations, even if they do something inherently wrong or immoral.

Each season has multiple antagonists, but William Carver is the one who gets under my skin the most. He is similar to Negan, in a way, but without the charisma. He is just a fucking piece of shit, and I enjoyed watching Kenny bash his face in with a tire iron.

JamesFargo

Every word I say spells "fuck you" as an anagram.
kiwifarms.net
Luca Blight has the best villain name.

That said, I've only ever played Suikoden III. Matter of fact, that was the last JRPG I bought at full price. You play enough of these things, and they start to blur together. (Thomas is still my husbando, though)

Pimpleking55

kiwifarms.net
Luca Blight has the best villain name.

That said, I've only ever played Suikoden III. Matter of fact, that was the last JRPG I bought at full price. You play enough of these things, and they start to blur together. (Thomas is still my husbando, though)

Do yourself a favor and play Suikoden II, the story and the OST are one of the best i have experienced. Suikoden 1 first if you want some origin story's but that is optional. There is another awesome evil bastard other than Luca Blight in II and that is Neclord.

Cardenio

Earthrocker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You have three types of evil villains.
The ones where they do evil shit for the sake of being evil (Joker, Adachi from Persona 4, SHODAN from system shock.)
Shodan is not really that evil. She's just an AI that got tampered with into having a massive god complex. It's really the fault of Edward Diego for trying to cover up his criminal misdoing and frankly The Hacker for not realizing what he was doing.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
van.jpg

when you live in a world were you can read your future anytime you want, you stop questioning cretin things you do. for example, if a kingdom reads they would go to war with a another nation just for the sake of taking more land and they would win the war, of course they gonna start a war and genocide their way to power.

unfortunate for van, his kingdom was the one that would be conquered and he watched, as most of his family got slaughtered and his home burned to the ground just because the church (and to the lesser extant, their god) said it would happen. Van however, coining from a family devoted to their fate, accepted that as part of their world and believed it was for the best he lost everything he knew and loved. yeah right!

Van was adopted by the church, joined their military and became the youngest commander in history of their order and decided to not only destroy the Church from within, but also destroy the scorn (the thing people use to read their future) and to accomplish this, he needs replace the human population clones because clones dont have the ability to read the future.

people for some reason dont talk much about tales of abyss antagonist when they are the most human of them all in the series. everyone working for van has one way or the other gotten fucked over by the scorn and wish it erased.

God-Generals.jpg

look at this, has a full team of villains called the god generals working for him. almost an opposite mirror of the protagonists.

Last edited:

Dark Edea

kiwifarms.net
The Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: TTYD. She want to turn the entire world into darkness and will kill anyone in her way. She possesses Peach forceing Mario to attack her. The way she talks is creepy with the shaking test as well as her music.

The best ending is becoming Shadow Peach's love slave.

Also props to my Ace Attorney niggers. <3

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
The Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: TTYD. She want to turn the entire world into darkness and will kill anyone in her way. She possesses Peach forceing Mario to attack her. The way she talks is creepy with the shaking test as well as her music.

For a Mario villain she was fairly creepy.

(Though now that you reminded me of that game, that Grubba guy who was a fight manager who would kidnap fighters and drain the life out of them in order to boost his own strength was pretty wicked).

Imperial Citizen

For the Empire!
kiwifarms.net
For me it was Lord Gwyn from Dark Souls.

Magically crippled the entire human race with the brand of fire and the curse of undeath to sustain his age of fire.

Ghettoized the pygmy kings in the ringed city as their 'reward' for killing stone dragons on his behalf.

Erased his eldest son from history for not wanting to genocide the dragons.

Trooned out his other son pretty much on a whim.
Most evil? Gwyn doesn't strike me as the most evil, though that may come from how the Way of White introduces us to him in the first game. Gwyn was afraid. Afraid of the work that he fought for fading. His existential dread drove him to do anything to retain his rule, including sacrifice himself to rekindle the First Flame. A villain, yes, but a tragic one.

The most evil villain of the Souls series would be Aldrich. A cannibal priest who ate so many people that he turned into bloated sludge, corrupted the Way of White into the worship of the the Deep. And whatever the Deep is, it is not friendly to human life. His servant, Pontiff Sulyvahn, takes control of Irythyll, converts some of its populace into animalistic servants, all to stop the rekindling of the First Flame. Aldrich and his followers want to plunge the world into a twisted form of darkness where they can all feed on the collective suffering of all living things.

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
I might as well mention Sigma from Mega Man X games, since he supposedly wants to exterminate the entire human race.

1620269469841.png
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Kefka.

EDIT: He was. My bad.
I've heard of Kefka FF6, but I don't recall what in the plot it was that made him evil. (Does his name come from Kafka, as in Franz Kafka?)

Last edited:

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
I've heard of Kefka FF6, but I don't recall what in the plot it was that made him evil. (Does his name come from Kafka, as in Franz Kafka?)
Yeah, it's a Kafka reference.

He's the Joker. That's it. Sprung out of nowhere in a corrupt city. According to his bio he was the prototype of a Magitek Knight (imperial troops infused with magic), but the process broke his mind. He fell ass-backwards into an administrator job. But he holds no rank.

He dresses like Gilgamesh (FF5), and is introduced as the right-hand man of the seeming main villain. Everything about Kefka screams that you aren’t supposed to take him seriously. But Gilgamesh wasn't a turncoat. So Kefka turning the tables is unexpected.

He is representative of a real phenomenon: maniacs rising to power due to their complete lack of scruples, and the people around them continuing to give them the benefit of the doubt when they should have been purged a long time ago. Joker was paid by Maroni and the crime families to kill Batman. The Emperor entrusted important missions to Kefka because he was useful.

Last edited:

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Most evil? Gwyn doesn't strike me as the most evil, though that may come from how the Way of White introduces us to him in the first game. Gwyn was afraid. Afraid of the work that he fought for fading. His existential dread drove him to do anything to retain his rule, including sacrifice himself to rekindle the First Flame. A villain, yes, but a tragautistic.
Bruh, he trooned out his son because he used the wrong kind of magic! He's John Money's spirit animal!
The most evil villain of the Souls series would be Aldrich. A cannibal priest who ate so many people that he turned into bloated sludge, corrupted the Way of White into the worship of the the Deep. And whatever the Deep is, it is not friendly to human life. His servant, Pontiff Sulyvahn, takes control of Irythyll, converts some of its populace into animalistic servants, all to stop the rekindling of the First Flame. Aldrich and his followers want to plunge the world into a twisted form of darkness where they can all feed on the collective suffering of all living things.
Don't forget Aldrich also ate Gwynevere (the son Gwyn trooned out, poor guy couldn't catch a break). Eater of God's indeed. Also, saw a theory that the Deep is connected to Kos (or some say Kosm...) from Bloodborne, so early Healing Church?

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
Kind of an easy answer, you just take the most wantonly sadistic and inhuman character you can think of. Hopefully one whose evil is present and not just presumed.
But looking for a character whose evil is intimate, and palpable, to you the player...Geldoblame from Baten Kaitos.
He's just repulsive to even look at. Fat little bastard. Egomaniacal, cruel, treacherous, so on. He has it all.

Honorable mentions (that haven't been):

Bob Page from Deus Ex. He's just perfectly idealized as what he is.

Sephiroth from FF7. Undercut a lot by how he's an icon and a meme but in that first game he's almost a voluntary slave to his nature. Fine pursuing his own vanity and egotism. As soon as he learned he wasn't human he decided humanity could die in a fire. And he wasn't even correct about his real origins until later, then suddenly he wants to consume life like his mother did.

Dr. Wallace Breen. You know why. A man with little principle or imagination but no immoral impulses put into a situation where he must be brutal and thinks it's okay in the long run. He really comes across like a real man. Full of human frailty and fault.

geldo.jpg
BobPage.png
Breen_upset.jpg
Sephiroth_Portrait.jpg

Last edited:

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
Bob Page from Deus Ex.
Dr. Wallace Breen.

Good on them for bringing Bob's voice actor back (for Human Revolution). That was a pleasant surprise.

Breen is scarily true to life. Chris Hedges had a good quote about men like him:

These enthusiastic intellectuals can become dangerous in wartime. Many hold messianic and uncompromising beliefs that they have never had to put into practice.

CharlesFosterOffdensen

Go shit in your hat
kiwifarms.net
General Hemlock from Dead Rising 3.

Willing to wipe out numerous cities and populations just to test experimental weapons manufactured from the zombie virus, simultaneously treating it like a fun mini game to see the kill count to infrastructure damage ratio.