Most Frustrating Levels

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Can I count finding/catching rare bugs and fish in the Animal Crossing games? No? Then "The Perfect Run" Star in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Air's Rock in GS: Lost Age. For being so early in the game, it is, at least for me, impossible to solve without walkthroughs.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Super Meat Boy's Dark World levels are pretty crazy. The one against the final boss in particular pissed me off to no end.
Ch_7_World.png

I didn't even bother doing the Dark World levels for that god forsaken place. The default levels were hard enough as it is. X(

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
The Three Way mission in Saints Row: The Third. It's fine until you get to the second battle zone. At first it's fine, aside from having to revive Pierce every 17 seconds, but when you think you're done with the area, a tank rolls in. You'd be lucky to have any weapons with ammo that can actually do some damage to the tank. The worst part is, Pierce keeps getting knocked down by remaining enemies and the tank, but you'll probably get killed by the tank if you try to revive him. It also doesn't matter what area you're in, if you die or let Pierce or Oleg die, back to the beginning of the mission for you.

As much as I love Pierce, fuck you, Pierce.

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
That one mission in GTA San Andreas where you're with the fat dude on the motorcycle and you have to land perfectly in the right place on the train while he berates you with a never-ending stream of insults. When I was a kid, I've never thrown a controller and had such fits of rage than at that stupid bullshit. The plane missions also happened to be bullshit.

Pretty much any mission in any game where you're behind a mini-gun or other death dealing machine and so far away you can't see the enemy or they're hidden and you just die from bad game design. Being fixed into position sucks and it's in at least one mission in every FPS.

Uhh, pretty much any level they don't explain well enough and you go wandering around the map without a clue and have to consult Gamefaq. This is usually something that happens in older JRPGs where they'll drop information, and if you're not paying attention and its something important, tough titty because you just lost your directives and won't be told again.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
That one mission in GTA San Andreas where you're with the fat dude on the motorcycle and you have to land perfectly in the right place on the train while he berates you with a never-ending stream of insults. When I was a kid, I've never thrown a controller and had such fits of rage than at that stupid bullshit. The plane missions also happened to be bullshit.
San Andreas? How could we forget Zero's stupid rc plane mission? You have an rc plane that you take off from the roof of his store, the plane has guns on it and you have to fly around the city and destroy five vans - all of which are traveling in different directions, and will get quite far from each other unless you know exactly what order to take them in. Wouldn't be so bad if it just made the mission take longer, but the plane has a fuel gauge, and even if you do things flawlessly, you'll just barely be able to make it back to home base after destroying all the vans. This wouldn't be nearly so aggravating except that there are a number of other times in the game you can control an rc plane, and it always has unlimited fuel except in this one fucking mission for no reason.

I am of the opinion that no level in Doom can be a bad level, because you're playing Doom and that is awesome.

TastyWoodenBadge

My wooden badge was delicious
kiwifarms.net
That one mission in GTA San Andreas where you're with the fat dude on the motorcycle and you have to land perfectly in the right place on the train while he berates you with a never-ending stream of insults. When I was a kid, I've never thrown a controller and had such fits of rage than at that stupid bullshit.

"All you had to do was follow the damn train A-Stump!"

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
San Andreas? How could we forget Zero's stupid rc plane mission? You have an rc plane that you take off from the roof of his store, the plane has guns on it and you have to fly around the city and destroy five vans - all of which are traveling in different directions, and will get quite far from each other unless you know exactly what order to take them in. Wouldn't be so bad if it just made the mission take longer, but the plane has a fuel gauge, and even if you do things flawlessly, you'll just barely be able to make it back to home base after destroying all the vans. This wouldn't be nearly so aggravating except that there are a number of other times in the game you can control an rc plane, and it always has unlimited fuel except in this one fucking mission for no reason.
That rc plane mission so much. I remember playing it some years back. All I can say is that I wish Zero would just let you drive around in a car and blow up the vans. As for A-Stump bringing up plane missions, I feel the flying school might be that for me when I re-install San Andreas unless there is a way to bypass the flying school.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Dark Souls II time. Brightstone Cove Tseldora.

The upper part is fine, although you'll probably get killed by the rolling boulder traps at least once. Once you get past the Prowling Magus boss fight, everything goes to hell. Tseldora proper is a weird town on the walls of a little canyon that requires a lot of drops and jumps to navigate. You know, the most fun part of Dark Souls games.

It's kind of roughly divided between two canyon areas. The first one is full of Hollow Mages, which shoot magic balls with really long ranges and insanely good tracking. Seriously, they can literally chase you into a room and up a hallway before petering out. Thankfully, there's only a handful of them in the first area and none in the second area. However, there's also parasite spiders, which are fragile but surprisingly powerful and quick and come in huge swarms, parasitized undead with nasty melee attacks, and Basilisks.

I seriously think I died more times in Tseldora than I did in any of the other areas put together.

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
Any of Big's stages in Sonic Adventure. I can't beat his first level because THE FROG WON'T BITE THE LURE. BITE THE DAMN LURE YOU AMPHIBIOUS ASSWIPE!
Thank you.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
That rc plane mission so much. I remember playing it some years back. All I can say is that I wish Zero would just let you drive around in a car and blow up the vans.
Hell, why does he even need the rc plane to make it back? Can't he accept the loss of one stupid toy in exchange for destroying five vans and the enemies driving them? What happened to the cost of doing business?

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's these levels in LOZ: Skyward Sword where you have to gather these doohickeys in a shadow world full of these guys called Watchers. If they catch you you have to start the challenge over, but you can gather these fruit things so that they don't awaken for a short amount of time. For the life of me I cannot beat the third challenge, which encompasses a large area including lava, which I am incredibly shitty at crossing.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Any of Big's stages in Sonic Adventure. I can't beat his first level because THE FROG WON'T BITE THE LURE. BITE THE DAMN LURE YOU AMPHIBIOUS ASSWIPE!
I actually finished the Big stages a few years ago (and later completed the game), and I wonder what was SEGA thinking with this fishing stages. Sometimes it took me more than 30 minutes literally just to finish a stage. :roll:

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
I actually finished the Big stages a few years ago (and later completed the game), and I wonder what was SEGA thinking with this fishing stages. Sometimes it took me more than 30 minutes literally just to finish a stage. :roll:
I never bothered finishing the Icecap stage. I just quit.

applecat

Prettiest Ween
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's these levels in LOZ: Skyward Sword where you have to gather these doohickeys in a shadow world full of these guys called Watchers. If they catch you you have to start the challenge over, but you can gather these fruit things so that they don't awaken for a short amount of time. For the life of me I cannot beat the third challenge, which encompasses a large area including lava, which I am incredibly shitty at crossing.

I actually dug the hell out of those stages. But that stupid underwater forest collectathon stage resulted in my texting my ex "FUCK. TADTONES." at 2 in the morning.

Backwards Harvester

Demented Gardner
kiwifarms.net

Pretty much any mission in any game where you're behind a mini-gun or other death dealing machine and so far away you can't see the enemy or they're hidden and you just die from bad game design. Being fixed into position sucks and it's in at least one mission in every FPS.

Uhh, pretty much any level they don't explain well enough and you go wandering around the map without a clue and have to consult Gamefaq. This is usually something that happens in older JRPGs where they'll drop information, and if you're not paying attention and its something important, tough titty because you just lost your directives and won't be told again.
The fat dude was named Big Smoke, If I remember right.