• "restaurants in India serve soy and veggie; cow worship; women there wear robes."

Most Underrated WrestlerWho hasn't gotten their due?

Discussion in 'Hulkamania' started by WeaponsGradeAutism, Jul 11, 2017.

1. If I remember correctly, they wanted to but he didn't want to change his gimmick. They couldn't come to an agreement, so he got released and left wrestling to become a teacher.

Still reeks of wasted potential, though. Dude could've been a big star.

I don't understand why they didn't just send him back to Raw. From what I understand, the issue was that UPN had a problem with him being on their network. Spike TV evidently had no such issue because he was doing more or less the same shit on there for months without incident. I remember the stipulation being "if Muhammad Hassan loses, he'll never show his face on Smackdown again." Even my 10-11 year old brain was able to register that they specified Smackdown and there was no reason he couldn't be on Raw.

#21 Darwin Watterson, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Darwin Watterson

Darwin Watterson FOXDICK FARMS SOCK DARWIN WATTERSON
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  2. I would have liked to have seen Steve Blackman ascend to the level above that of the janitor in WWF. He had a good look to him, he inspired at least mild interest from the crowd with his glow-stick routine before his matches. He knocked JBL the fuck out in an airport. He even went undefeated for nearly a year after his debut... though it didn't amount to much. He was pigeon-holed into the same routine that Lance Storm was, that of a boring straight man to those with more influence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Charles Morgenstern

Charles Morgenstern Rhodesian Scholar

kiwifarms.net
  3. The sad thing about Storm is that while he will never be mistaken for Dusty Rhodes on the mic, he is an engaging likable guy. I used to read his blog back in the WCW/ECW days and listened to his podcast. He was saddled with some shitty gimmicks when he could have just gone back to his ECW/SMW gimmick

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Flowers For Sonichu

Flowers For Sonichu Deep in the Ocean Engineering Thoughts
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  4. Check out the podcast he does with Don Callus (Cyrus the Virus/Jackal). They talk about a lot of their careers in a fair light.

Edit: Unless you listen to this already. Ignore my exceptional post, otherwise.

WeaponsGradeAutism

WeaponsGradeAutism Undead Scientist 1.0

kiwifarms.net
  5. Kanyon. Entertaining, pretty good on the mic, good worker, interesting/innovative move set.

Had a shitty construction worker gimmick, a shitty Mortal Kombat gimmick, a pretty okay run as himself when he feuded with Raven which transitioned to a pretty okay run with Paige and Bigelow, a quite funny but not overly substantial DDP parody gimmick and just as he seemed to be getting things back on the right track with a serious, edgier gimmick, WCW folded. He was brought in to WWE, buried along with most of the rest of WCW talent during the Invasion and utterly wasted from that point on with his last prominent role being a throwaway gay joke; a rib based on his real life homosexuality.

He could've been a lot more, possibly even a main eventer if he had ever been given a proper, serious gimmick and a push. He had an idea for presenting himself as a gay wrestler but one that fought against stereotypes. Had he been 5-10 years younger and hit his prime that much later, it may have had legs since that's where the culture zeitgeist was at the time, but people in 1999-2005 were not ready for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #25 PTNR 2.0, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    PTNR 2.0

PTNR 2.0 [showering intensifies]

kiwifarms.net
  6. WCW's Mortal Kombat division was great.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.net
  7. was watching old haku matches. he could go. he seems to get way more credit for what he could do outside the ring

• Agree Agree x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Oh fuck yeah. Faces of Fear was woefully underused in WCW

Flowers For Sonichu

kiwifarms.net

9. yeah barbarian could move really well for a big guy

CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. He gets a bad reputation cuz warlord was shit

• Agree Agree x 1
    Flowers For Sonichu

kiwifarms.net
  11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    TiggerNits

TiggerNits Fuck you, I work for Mel Brooks
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Hassan was amazing. They never should've gone the terrorist route, as it made no sense. He had a perfect gimmick as the non-white heel, but yet he was still American and could've gone over as a babyface.

Sadly, he was booked to win the title from Batista at Summerslam, too

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.