Movie & TV Show Recommendations -

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
So I've read good things about Cobra Kai. The trailer looked appealing enough so I went ahead and watched the first 2 episodes, they're up on Youtube and they're only 30m long.

Show is pretty comfy and pretty based so far, the protagonist is stuck in the '80s in every sense of the word, and some of the shit he says is hilarious which makes me wonder why troons and SJW-types aren't clutching their pearls over this show - after all, it's an old white male (the worst kind of male!) teaching Karate. There's also your usual nod at the old movies but of course you don't have to go back and watch them to understand what happens, although I probably will later on just because I watched them when I was a toddler and barely remember them.

I'm pretty surprised this is a Youtube-funded show and again, even more surprised at how little I've heard about it.

• Feels
Reactions: VIVIIXI

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
HBO's Chernobyl mini-series. First episode in, the reactor's exploded and people are melting left, right and centre.

The party line from Soviet officials? It's just a fire on the roof.

:story:
I'm watching this right now and it's giving me fucking anxiety attacks knowing just how fucked everyone is and they don't even know it yet. That final scene in the first episode, of the smoke going over the forest and everything underneath it dying... I'm calling it now: Best Show of 2019.

Reactions: Safir

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
After an abysmal pilot, FXX's What We Do in the Shadows is pretty funny. The cast is great. It has some incredible special effects. And the humor is often black enough to penetrate my cold, dead heart.

Reactions: PN 801

nonnewtonian

For legal reasons that's a joke
kiwifarms.net
Anybody have a copy of Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever? In honor of the meme cat going to that great litter box in the sky.

P

PN 801

kiwifarms.net
After an abysmal pilot, FXX's What We Do in the Shadows is pretty funny. The cast is great. It has some incredible special effects. And the humor is often black enough to penetrate my cold, dead heart.

Some of the best tv episodes ever made....

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
kiwifarms.net
Some good classic James Bond-esque action thrillers:

When Eight Bells Toll (1971) - a continuation of the realist Connery style, but less fantasy, and with more of a rural mystery focus, Anthony Hopkins is convincing as the agent, and the whole thing is executed extremely well. The worst part is the most Bond-esque: the send-up of the aristocratic chief, which while tiresome, at least is not mean-spirited by the end.
Ffolkes (1980) - clearly the writer and marketing team were enamored by the character, and while it never fully sticks with me, it's a fun enough ransom thriller. Has a great secondary lead in Anthony Perkins (of Psycho fame) as the hijacker. A rather good-looking film with decent miniature-work.

Another Roger Moore oddity: The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970) - a rather fantastic psychological/supernatural thriller in the Hitchcock mould, which has some rather nice cinematography, and a plot that while elongated, does resolve quite nicely.

VIVIIXI

kiwifarms.net
Dead Like Me

A slightly older Showtime series with an odd premise. The characters are people who have all died that are stuck with the cosmic day job of helping those about to die pass on. The main protagonist (and Narrator) is a surly young woman who gets killed due to a miscalculation by NASA, on the first day of her job as an office worker. Pretty good blend of snark, slapstick and squishy "awww" moments.

So I've read good things about Cobra Kai. The trailer looked appealing enough so I went ahead and watched the first 2 episodes, they're up on Youtube and they're only 30m long.

Show is pretty comfy and pretty based so far, the protagonist is stuck in the '80s in every sense of the word, and some of the shit he says is hilarious which makes me wonder why troons and SJW-types aren't clutching their pearls over this show - after all, it's an old white male (the worst kind of male!) teaching Karate. There's also your usual nod at the old movies but of course you don't have to go back and watch them to understand what happens, although I probably will later on just because I watched them when I was a toddler and barely remember them.

I'm pretty surprised this is a Youtube-funded show and again, even more surprised at how little I've heard about it.
I wound up loving this show and am waiting like a thirsty bitch for season 3. I will be sorely pissed if they leave it where it is.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I need reccs for the most boring art movies out there
Dogville by Lars von Trier. It's actually a really good movie but incredibly slow and the extremely minimalist stages are visually impoverished as well. I think it's actually intended to beat you over the head with boredom and misery.

• Winner
Reactions: Recoil

Gordon Cole

Give 'em something to remember like The Alamo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I need reccs for the most boring art movies out there
Days of Heaven, Toni Erdmann, Jeanne Dielman, Winter's Sleep and Satantango (Or really any Bela Tarr movie) are a few I can think of off the top of my head. I actually like the latter two, but they can easily knock you out.

Gerry''s both relatively short and a cinematic endurance test at the same time.

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Twin Peaks Season 1.

Just when I thought I could trust someone, this show breaks every trust I had with some character apart. I've seen way too much edgy nihilistic shows and movies a lot so it's very refreshing to see a wholesome likeable and optimistic character like Dale Cooper around who has a lot of quotes to live by.

• Winner
Reactions: Sexy Times Hitler

ulsterscotsman

᚛ᚂᚐᚋᚆ ᚇᚆᚓᚐᚏᚌ ᚐᚁᚒ᚜
kiwifarms.net
If anyone wants to see a really really good modern vampire then I recommend you watch 'Let the right one in'.
It's a Swedish movie and it's one of my most favourite movies of all time, I just love it.

• Agree

JoeyJoJo

Curious Internet Traveler
kiwifarms.net
I have been watching Super Sentai (The show they use to make Power Rangers) Shout Factory has been release boxsets of the series for a few years now. I just finished Timeranger (the show they used to make Time Force) and It was fantastic, Basically it was a crime drama with time travel elements, The plot was good but a common issue with Super Sentai is that really most of the plot only seems to happen at the beginning and end of the series I started GoGoV (The show they used to make Lightspeed Rescue) and I like what I see, Its can be described as The Thunderbirds but they fight demons with Giant Robots, GoGoV seems to have a family dynamic with the heroes and bad guys and the characters are well acted . I have a few of the Shout factory releases and they are great quality, They even started to release Sentai shows that aired before Zyuranger (the show that was used for Season 1 of Power Rangers) Jet man was phenomenal even if it was just Gatchaman remade in live action

Reactions: Hog On Ice

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net

Serenity
Fun fact: Anne Hathaway had the choking fetish scene added as a prank on someone.

Pretty dope movie actually. Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway have legitimately good chemistry, as seen in another movie. The movie opens with McConaughey's character working on a fishing boat in a non descript fishing town, when his ex wife comes knocking with a murderous request- feed her current abusive monster of a husband to a shark.

@Sprig of Parsley

Gordon Cole

Give 'em something to remember like The Alamo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 780205
Serenity
Fun fact: Anne Hathaway had the choking fetish scene added as a prank on someone.

Pretty dope movie actually. Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway have legitimately good chemistry, as seen in another movie. The movie opens with McConaughey's character working on a fishing boat in a non descript fishing town, when his ex wife comes knocking with a murderous request- feed her current abusive monster of a husband to a shark.

@Sprig of Parsley
Serenity was the most enjoyably dumb movie I've seen so far this year behind Twisted Pair, and I can't explain why without ruining it for others.

Reactions: Sīn the Moon Daddy
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino