Movie & TV Show Recommendations -

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
So I've read good things about Cobra Kai. The trailer looked appealing enough so I went ahead and watched the first 2 episodes, they're up on Youtube and they're only 30m long.

Show is pretty comfy and pretty based so far, the protagonist is stuck in the '80s in every sense of the word, and some of the shit he says is hilarious which makes me wonder why troons and SJW-types aren't clutching their pearls over this show - after all, it's an old white male (the worst kind of male!) teaching Karate. There's also your usual nod at the old movies but of course you don't have to go back and watch them to understand what happens, although I probably will later on just because I watched them when I was a toddler and barely remember them.

I'm pretty surprised this is a Youtube-funded show and again, even more surprised at how little I've heard about it.

• Feels
Reactions: VIVIIXI

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
HBO's Chernobyl mini-series. First episode in, the reactor's exploded and people are melting left, right and centre.

The party line from Soviet officials? It's just a fire on the roof.

:story:
I'm watching this right now and it's giving me fucking anxiety attacks knowing just how fucked everyone is and they don't even know it yet. That final scene in the first episode, of the smoke going over the forest and everything underneath it dying... I'm calling it now: Best Show of 2019.

Reactions: Safir

nonnewtonian

Keep dancing!
kiwifarms.net
Anybody have a copy of Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever? In honor of the meme cat going to that great litter box in the sky.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
kiwifarms.net
Some good classic James Bond-esque action thrillers:

When Eight Bells Toll (1971) - a continuation of the realist Connery style, but less fantasy, and with more of a rural mystery focus, Anthony Hopkins is convincing as the agent, and the whole thing is executed extremely well. The worst part is the most Bond-esque: the send-up of the aristocratic chief, which while tiresome, at least is not mean-spirited by the end.
Ffolkes (1980) - clearly the writer and marketing team were enamored by the character, and while it never fully sticks with me, it's a fun enough ransom thriller. Has a great secondary lead in Anthony Perkins (of Psycho fame) as the hijacker. A rather good-looking film with decent miniature-work.

Another Roger Moore oddity: The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970) - a rather fantastic psychological/supernatural thriller in the Hitchcock mould, which has some rather nice cinematography, and a plot that while elongated, does resolve quite nicely.

VIVIIXI

kiwifarms.net
Dead Like Me

A slightly older Showtime series with an odd premise. The characters are people who have all died that are stuck with the cosmic day job of helping those about to die pass on. The main protagonist (and Narrator) is a surly young woman who gets killed due to a miscalculation by NASA, on the first day of her job as an office worker. Pretty good blend of snark, slapstick and squishy "awww" moments.

So I've read good things about Cobra Kai. The trailer looked appealing enough so I went ahead and watched the first 2 episodes, they're up on Youtube and they're only 30m long.

Show is pretty comfy and pretty based so far, the protagonist is stuck in the '80s in every sense of the word, and some of the shit he says is hilarious which makes me wonder why troons and SJW-types aren't clutching their pearls over this show - after all, it's an old white male (the worst kind of male!) teaching Karate. There's also your usual nod at the old movies but of course you don't have to go back and watch them to understand what happens, although I probably will later on just because I watched them when I was a toddler and barely remember them.

I'm pretty surprised this is a Youtube-funded show and again, even more surprised at how little I've heard about it.
I wound up loving this show and am waiting like a thirsty bitch for season 3. I will be sorely pissed if they leave it where it is.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino