Movies You Didn't Like That Were Widely Praised -

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
As the title says, I'm sure there's a move you didn't like or get that the critics just seemed to like or such. Here's your chance to vent.

Reality Bites: I was a teenager and I saw the critics and the teen magazines were praising it. To me it was an overated movie where Ethan Hawke's character was an asshole and a loser.

The Shadow

Knows, the Shadow does.
kiwifarms.net
No Country for Old Men

Saving Private Ryan- outside of the Omaha Beach landing it's pure Spielberg schmaltz fiction.

EDIT: I do respect SPR's legacy though. Without it, we wouldn't have got the early Medal of Honor games or, more importantly, the Band of Brothers miniseries- which has still yet to be topped for Hollywood trying to portray historical fact.

Last edited:

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
American Beauty, I was told that anyone can relate to someone in that movie, or knows someone like someone in that movie.
Actually, this is true. I'm sure everyone knows at least one shallow, obnoxious, self-absorbed asshole (which is basically every single character in the entire cast).

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Elf: An okay movie but not a classic Christmas movie I hear everyone I know rave about. Will Ferrell did his best and to that I salute him!

The Watchmen: Despite the great action scenes, I didn't care too much for the plot and characters.

Inside Out: Better than Brave but I didnd't think it was that great of movie in my opinion. Fluid animation and fun jokes. I don't see how this movie was similar to Osmosis Jones.

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
All three Hobbit movies were garbage and I hated them. Still haven't watched the fanmade "Tolkein Cut" of them which takes portions of all three and turns it into one, like, four hour movie.
Most people don't like those.

I can't really think of much beside, maybe, Life of Brian? Not from lack of trying, I love the Biggus Dickus scene but thought Holy Grail was funnier overall.

DieselBoogaloo

kiwifarms.net
All three Hobbit movies were garbage and I hated them. Still haven't watched the fanmade "Tolkein Cut" of them which takes portions of all three and turns it into one, like, four hour movie.
The only good thing about the Hobbit movies was high framerate.
Granted, it made it easier to notice that the CGI was shitty and the action scenes were poorly choreographed, but it also was the first 3D movie that didn't cause a headache for me.
I hope more films follow suit soon.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino