Movies You Didn't Like That Were Widely Praised -

Magnum Dong

whoops i dropped my monster condom
kiwifarms.net
Heathers. Really, pretty much anything with Christian Slater in it. Trying to be a dark, hipster, Breakfast Club grafting movie.
Heathers seems to be one of those movies you basically had to see at its time of release in order to have an emotional response to it, since kill-our-classmates movies are dime-a-dozen nowadays so it feels dated and ineffective even though it was among the first big pictures to really explore that theme in a suburban setting.

A good contrast is Jawbreaker, which is very similar plot-wise, but I think is a more interesting (and underrated) movie, not only because it does a better job at exploring the lunacy of high school social dynamics, but also the combo of the more overt campiness and the fact the violence is more of a subplot makes it read as less edgy and more fun than Heathers

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Just found it annoying and the movie was boring due to a lack of tension and likeable characters. Michael Cera was a terrible choice for the main character.
Underrated post I have absolutely no idea why Michael Cera is Hollywood's go to nice guy. He hasn't been good or believable in that role since seasons 1-3 of Arrested Development over a decade ago.

Reactions: Violence Jack

NOT Sword Fighter Super

I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sweenie Todd.

The atmosphere was perfect, but the movie itself was just boring and dumb to me.

That's about the time I realized Johnny Depp was overrated.

Underrated post I have absolutely no idea why Michael Cera is Hollywood's go to nice guy. He hasn't been good or believable in that role since seasons 1-3 of Arrested Development over a decade ago.
While I did like Scott Pilgrim, Micheal Cera is indeed weird and ugly.

I've said this before, but he looks like a citizen of Duckberg.
gearloose.png

Last edited:

Duncan Hills Coffee

Do you folks like coffee?
kiwifarms.net
Bohemian Rhapsody

It had some of the worst editing I've ever seen in a major motion picture, was boring half the movie, and only Rami Malek felt perfectly cast

How did the editing win an oscar?
My problem was the movie glossed over a bunch of shit I was interested in. Like the movie took the time to examine how the first album was recorded, but then jumped forward to A Night at the Opera, their fourth one. What about all the stuff in between? Nobody talks about Queen II as it is, and Sheer Heart Attack is regarded as some of their best early work (Killer Queen's all that gets mentioned). I just don't like how it jumps forward like that.

Not to mention, Queen's sound in the first two albums is so markedly different than their later stuff that it really should have been talked about. But all we get is some bullshit about how they'll keep reinventing themselves. Which would have been more effective if they showed some of Queen's heavier music.

Quijibo69

Lena Dunham
kiwifarms.net
Bohemian Rhapsody

It had some of the worst editing I've ever seen in a major motion picture, was boring half the movie, and only Rami Malek felt perfectly cast

How did the editing win an oscar?
I keep on thinking about Mr. Robot every time I saw him, it was distracting.

Rocketman is even worse than that movie. It's like one of those movie that tries to throw everything at you and fails miserably at everything.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Dark Knight. Tbh I wasn't really attached to Heath like the rest of the world was. I also don't agree with his Oscar win.
I agreed with this, then I actually watched the movie again instead of terrible imitations of his performance.

Reactions: frozenrunner

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
Well as of now its Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name)

It was a boring movie
Everyone is up Shinkai's ass. Tbh his films hurt my eyes.

Also Princess Mononoke/Kiki's Delivery Service/Laputa >>>>>>>>>> Spirited Away/Howl's Moving Castle. Fight me.

Also this is an unpopular opinion but Satoshi Kon >> Miyazaki in some aspects.
Must be awkward as fuck for him now considering his ex-Pixar BFF is a rapist.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
The Simpsons movie wasn't very good, and it's forgotten now, but people seemed to like it when it was new. Someone convinced me to see it in theaters and I thought it was terrible.
Don't remind me! My friends dragged to me to see it and everyone was laughing like manics. I'll admit there were some funny parts. The problem is the movie was created way pass the Simpsons hay day. Well, at least it's better then the crap they release now on T.V.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino