Mozilla: The Decentralized Web of Hate - Mozilla joins the fight against decentralization

Tiggie_Tiger

Observes furries for a living.
Yeah I'm not saying I'll never use it, just that I currently don't have any reason to use it right now, and I haven't found any compelling reasons to start.
I rarely work with bare metal languages though, I'd probably want to become proficient in C and sharpen my skills in designing architectures in it before developing any actual desire to depend on Rust.
One thing I forgot to mention is that C is important to me because I spend a lot of time writing performance orientated code. And I would rather compile it with something that is well seasoned. Such as TCC for example. This is exceptionally important in regards to game engines or games that need performance and stability.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
One thing I forgot to mention is that C is important to me because I spend a lot of time writing performance orientated code. And I would rather compile it with something that is well seasoned. Such as TCC for example. This is exceptionally important in regards to game engines or games that need performance and stability.

mrustc, as I linked before, does translate Rust code into C11, so you can run any compiler on that output. It's required to compile the exact program for the exact target first with the normal rustc compiler, as mrusc does no checking.

Rusty Crab

but it did get worse
Is Brave the recommend alternative then?

Some Bitchute videos have torrent links, but I've never had one actually work. I think that is something they may have abandoned.

Brave has been happy for me so far, including on mobile (hooray for the native adblocker in it).

I'm not actually sure what bitchute is doing now. I believe they're still p2p but I don't know if they're still using webtorrent. I don't believe they could afford the hosting costs if they were not using p2p. Torrents themselves, however, in my experience have extremely unstable speeds, which makes them questionable for video streaming and even worse for livestreaming.

Whatever dlive is doing has made a lot of headway in p2p streaming, but they're still using a centralized server infrastructure to smooth out the p2p lag.

I haven't used Firefox since they fired their own CEO for donating to some charity. Also they made the whole thing bloated anyway.
My name is Emmi Bevensee and I’m founding Rebellious Data. I value empathy and freedom and use my data science chops to help movements and social justice organizations shine.
But oh G-d, gotta censor actually rebellious data, freedom and actual social movements that are not sponsored by the elites/establishment.
I just hate the tech nerds at this point. Retarded rich faggots who larp as freedom fighters while they just lick the boots of the powers that be.
Bullies were only wrong in one aspect, they didn't bully them enough.

Agent Abe Caprine

Defends the dignity of the retarded
Emmitt's site.
Archive
No idea if Emmitt is his actual name. Just running with it because he looks like an Emmitt.
1604571164991.jpg
He claims this is a cute mug. Looks like a last minute anime cosplay.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
I'm not actually sure what bitchute is doing now. I believe they're still p2p but I don't know if they're still using webtorrent. I don't believe they could afford the hosting costs if they were not using p2p. Torrents themselves, however, in my experience have extremely unstable speeds, which makes them questionable for video streaming and even worse for livestreaming.
  1. I haven't wasted my time looking into their 'streaming'
  2. They obviously can afford the hosting costs given that they serve all videos directly from their own web servers
  3. WebTorrent technology works great, for popular videos or sharing a video with a friend
Emmitt's site.
Archive
No idea if Emmitt is his actual name. Just running with it because he looks like an Emmitt.
View attachment 1709374
He claims this is a cute mug. Looks like a last minute anime cosplay.
Emmett is possible. He goes by 'Emmi Clay Bevensee', in looking for his dox I found some sources suggesting 'Clay' might be his real name but no real confirmation.

Last edited:
I've read through the report, and it come across as pointless. It's like if someone who has no understanding of the internet and technology write a report about them. Let's look at the sections of the report

screenshot_2020-11-07-03:11:15.png

Why are white supremacists migrating to P2P technology?
They were deplatformed by popular sites such as Twitter and Youtube and resort to using technologies with more enhanced privacy and security measures to resist censorship and surveillance which have little attention to the general public. There, I summed it up in one sentence.

Use of P2P tech by white supremacists
  • File storage
  • Forums
  • Communication Channels
  • Funding
So it's the same as everyone who's used a social site since the 90s. Acute observation there.

What can be done?
TL;DR: Establish clear and strict rules and appoint moderators to enforce them. Stay small and watch over members who are admitted into the community. Both of these are already a thing since the 90s as well and is still practiced to this day.

I'm not surprised Mozilla funded this "research". They're so desperate to come across as the "politically correct" corporation it's laughably pathetic as the userbase of their products slowly dwindle. Unfortunately they still receive tonnes of support by virtue of being in charge of developing the browser that does not use the Chromium framework. I felt like all my support for Firefox was a waste.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
INTERNET HATE MACHINE

(but really of course the "woke" wouldn't like decentralized)

They liked decentralized for like, five seconds when they all tried to go over to Mastodon. Then they realized that actually being in a pure echo chamber where it's only them and nobody to give them attention was maddening so they all went back to Twitter and decided only nazis would use a decentralized platform.

Very sad state of things where the browsers with potential are backed by fucked organizations and the internet itself is increasingly screwed to the point you need modern browsers just to use certain services.
Mozilla has a lot of potential to be the proper alternative to Google but they're too focused on fighting multiple virtue signal fights that literally no one, not even SJWs, gives a shit about and they're unsurprisingly awful at managing their own funds. They're their own worst enemy and as gay as they are I don't want them to disappear...

I hate the modern web.

What can be done?
TL;DR: Establish clear and strict rules and appoint moderators to enforce them. Stay small and watch over members who are admitted into the community. Both of these are already a thing since the 90s as well and is still practiced to this day.
That's not creepy at all... I love how the only solution against the "evil yahtzees" is to spy on everybody.

Mozilla has a lot of potential to be the proper alternative to Google but they're too focused on fighting multiple virtue signal fights that literally no one, not even SJWs, gives a shit about and they're unsurprisingly awful at managing their own funds. They're their own worst enemy and as gay as they are I don't want them to disappear...
Mozilla died the second they fired their CEO and took the money from Open Society Foundations.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
This reminds me of the colossal butthurt that was the fallout from gab switching over to the fediverse.
Of course, it ultimately turned out that the solution to that was Andrew Torba and everyone he hires being grossly incompetent and his boomer audience being incapable of simply ignoring or blocking anime spergs on free speech instances so they defederated from everyone.

(Admittedly, some of the DOS attacks Gab was targeted with via the ActivityPub endpoints were something that anyone would have had trouble dealing with, but Torba should have known very well that they would happen).

Ebonic Tutor

"Beware the shitposting of demons."
Where are all these white supremacist terror groups and what was their last act of terror? Voting for Donald Duck? Not using someone's preferred pronouns? Advocating for less immigration?

This smells like a test or the groundwork being laid for a fresh gaslighting campaign.

If you're white you're also a supremacist.