Mozilla: The Decentralized Web of Hate - Mozilla joins the fight against decentralization

Where are all these white supremacist terror groups and what was their last act of terror? Voting for Donald Duck? Not using someone's preferred pronouns? Advocating for less immigration?

This smells like a test or the groundwork being laid for a fresh gaslighting campaign.
I've outright fucked with people's brains by saying the main reason to want less immigration is to ensure that the institutions supposed to be in place to help them be successful here aren't overwhelmed, because they really should have access to those.

A lot of these types seem to think that not using someone's preferred pronouns or voting for the wrong person really is as bad an act of 'terror' as murder squads. I'm not sure they quite grasp how insensitive that comes across to anybody who is fully aware that actual acts of actual violence are a thing. I mean okay sure let's totally focus resources on punishing people for not calling you your preferred pronouns of the hour, instead of...I don't know...helping trans people not get very directly murdered by their own government for being trans.

So, I doubt that they're even aware that what they're doing is bad, even when what they are doing is something that is established as being psychological torture.

teriyakiburns

Few people in comedy have careers after age 50.
A lot of these types seem to think that not using someone's preferred pronouns or voting for the wrong person really is as bad an act of 'terror' as murder squads. I'm not sure they quite grasp how insensitive that comes across to anybody who is fully aware that actual acts of actual violence are a thing.
As someone who grew up in the thick of the troubles, I've often found myself wondering just how fucking out of touch with reality these people are, to unironically equate words with violence.

Two people grow out of a violent environment: pacifists, or peacemakers; and fucking retards who think it was a good idea. The one thing they have in common is an experiential foundation to rest their ideas on, actual experience with what "hate" and "violence" really mean. These fuckers, these adult children playing dress-up and larping as freedom fighters, who think that mean thoughts are the same as a kneecapping, and trolls the same as roaming death squads, have no ideological underpinning beyond "it hurts my feelings and challenges my fantasies about the world". Never mind growing up in a violent situation, they've never grown up at all.

As someone who grew up in the thick of the troubles, I've often found myself wondering just how fucking out of touch with reality these people are, to unironically equate words with violence.

Two people grow out of a violent environment: pacifists, or peacemakers; and fucking retards who think it was a good idea. The one thing they have in common is an experiential foundation to rest their ideas on, actual experience with what "hate" and "violence" really mean. These fuckers, these adult children playing dress-up and larping as freedom fighters, who think that mean thoughts are the same as a kneecapping, and trolls the same as roaming death squads, have no ideological underpinning beyond "it hurts my feelings and challenges my fantasies about the world". Never mind growing up in a violent situation, they've never grown up at all.
As somebody who grew up with those people, they were basically raised with absolutely no experiential foundation for what 'hate' and 'violence' really mean, unless you count the kind of bullying they did without any awareness that they were bullies--and a lot of them are from the US, which had an absolutely bizarre Revolution and ended up with a distressing tendency as a result to romanticize 'freedom fighters' & ignore just how bizarre it was. Toss in the self-esteem movement, too, which basically ran on the absolutely retarded and known-wrong-from-day-0 theory of "Bullies bully because low self-esteem so let's just shovel BS on kids to improve their self esteem & ban anything that could possibly hurt their self esteem!" Actual result: You got more bullies, or kids with absolutely nuked self-esteem because they literally lost any trust they might have had in any praise they might get, depending on how good their built-in BS detectors were.

So, 100% accurate on the whole 'not growing up' thing; they've got the levels of self-awareness and overinflated self-esteem most people, even moderately-functioning autists, tend to grow out of pretty quickly, because people were blocking them from getting actually very important experiences--and the freedom fighter larping is part of how they're promoting and protecting their narc/narc-like behavior.

This is also why there's not a full overlap between pacifists and peacemakers: Sometimes the only way to get to talk things out peacefully is to make the fucking retard who is all rah-rah-violence! eat his own words and possibly his micropeen. (It can even generate a certain kind of unity: "No matter how much we might disagree, none of us are that bad.")

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1594659394317.jpg
    1594659394317.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 50

IbnTaymiyyah

Grand Mufti of Weaponised Autism
True & Honest Fan
Apologies for the necropost but this showed up under one of my "similar threads" and I couldn't resist dropping my own $0.02 on the matter.

Centralisation leads to monoculture which leads to the inevitable decay and collapse of those same institutions. When an institution becomes too centralised in the marketplace, it becomes open to attacks, data breaches, and overall poor security practices because fuck it, why bother fixing anything if it's the only option available? Look no further than the collapse of Internet Explorer, NordVPN's colourful history involving breaches, privacy exploits, and misleading marketing, or the goddamn Equifax breach from 2017.

I don't give a shit if decentralised/P2P networks make it easier for white nationalists or literal terrorists to do their bullshit. If ISIL jihadis have their websites protected by Cloudflare, if cartels are readily able to stream executions and beheadings on Facebook Live, and if both Google and Bing readily allow for paedophiles to easily find CP by knowing the correct keywords, then the fucking "white extremists" who use P2P networks to say mean things on the internet are clearly the lesser evil.

As a law-abiding citizen who's legitimately concerned with the sheer volume of overreach that Silicon Valley corporations have over my internet life, these decentralised platforms, currencies, and tools are a fucking godsend. The fact that Mozilla, of all entities, made a fucking statement on how decentralisation is a bad thing is fucking laughable. This is the same company whose flagship product aims specifically to fight the centralising nature of Chrome, Chromium, and their countless derivatives.

Also, these supposed white extremists ain't got shit on actual fucking terrorists. This is coming from a sand nigger whose family fled to the USA from the third world hellhole that spawned us.

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
The last gasp of the old internet order, this "article" is equal parts troonie tears and coping for the fact that mozilla is the has-been of FOSS, they are no longer relevant, their tech is a joke, I dont know anyone who uses rust IRL, everybody keeps using C#/net and python, or just sticks to older stuff like JS and C++, all stuff that has a million times the support and available code that rust has

And even google is dropping mozilla so no more easy money for all the parasites that infested that place, they are gonna have to get real jobs now (or worm their way into another host like all parasites do)
I've outright fucked with people's brains by saying the main reason to want less immigration is to ensure that the institutions supposed to be in place to help them be successful here aren't overwhelmed, because they really should have access to those.
Its always funny to out-left the lefties, I do it all the time

Example: "muh taquitos in cages!"

Me: "oohhh you ignorant white supremacist! you want them deported back to mexico so they can be sold into prostitution!"

Example 2: "oh black guy sent to jail!"

Me: "oohhh you want him to be free to rape and kill more black women right? bet you're one of those white supremacists that supports abortion because they kill black babies, shame on you!"

It always fucking work

My theory is that half are retards just following the trend and others are grifters/opportunists also following the trend but for their own benefit

Banality of evil, many nazis didnt actually hates jews but saw the whole situation as a way to become rich and powerful, which they did until they lost the war
"Rebellious Data LLC"

Do these people just have a nack for naming their organizations in the exact same way Orwell named his organizations?
1984 was a manual for a whole part of the left that was oblivious to the inner workings of the soviet union. Some might been horrified but a lot saw it as a way to get the kind of absolute power the comunist party had over there

After all the only thing the russian revolution did was replace the old nobility with a political nobility, at one point the only way to move upwards in soviet society was by marrying up inside the communist party
Apologies for the necropost but this showed up under one of my "similar threads" and I couldn't resist dropping my own $0.02 on the matter.

Centralisation leads to monoculture which leads to the inevitable decay and collapse of those same institutions. When an institution becomes too centralised in the marketplace, it becomes open to attacks, data breaches, and overall poor security practices because fuck it, why bother fixing anything if it's the only option available? Look no further than the collapse of Internet Explorer, NordVPN's colourful history involving breaches, privacy exploits, and misleading marketing, or the goddamn Equifax breach from 2017.

I don't give a shit if decentralised/P2P networks make it easier for white nationalists or literal terrorists to do their bullshit. If ISIL jihadis have their websites protected by Cloudflare, if cartels are readily able to stream executions and beheadings on Facebook Live, and if both Google and Bing readily allow for paedophiles to easily find CP by knowing the correct keywords, then the fucking "white extremists" who use P2P networks to say mean things on the internet are clearly the lesser evil.

As a law-abiding citizen who's legitimately concerned with the sheer volume of overreach that Silicon Valley corporations have over my internet life, these decentralised platforms, currencies, and tools are a fucking godsend. The fact that Mozilla, of all entities, made a fucking statement on how decentralisation is a bad thing is fucking laughable. This is the same company whose flagship product aims specifically to fight the centralising nature of Chrome, Chromium, and their countless derivatives.

Also, these supposed white extremists ain't got shit on actual fucking terrorists. This is coming from a sand nigger whose family fled to the USA from the third world hellhole that spawned us.
Based and camel-pilled