Mr. Enter's Writing Tips General Thread -

• Fediverse: The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Upgrade: I am expecting that hardware upgrade at about Noon EST. I am doing preperative work before that. This may result in site issues.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
@Konstantinos: I don't think anybody's said that, but yes, if that's the furthest you'll go in complex stuff, you have to find stuff that's better and better-written.

Clay Claymore

kiwifarms.net
Since Enter made a new writing tips entry, I figured putting it here would be more fitting than leaving it in the general thread.
http://mrenter.deviantart.com/art/Writing-Tips-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Avoiding-Cliches-528183583
He even offers advice on writing things that deal with love. He still manages to sound bitter.

As if I needed more proof that MrEnter has no idea what he is talking about. Alright, we do I start?

Awkward and in Love (as well as anything else regarding love)
I'm sorry, isn't MrEnter an asexual or aromantic or whatever-the-hell-it-is? That would mean that he's indifferent to love/sex, right? So why the hell does he think he's qualified to talk about love? I am now fully convinced that he's not asexual, but just another loveshy nerd who calls himself that because nobody wanted to touch his penis in high school.

Bullying Just Because
Of course, because every cartoon sperg has to rant about bullies in cartoons, not because they actually are cliched, but because they themselves were bullied and couldn't/didn't do anything about it so they'll take it out on cartoon bullies because they know they won't fight back.

Daddy Works Too Much
I'll take "Projecting His Personal Issues" for $200, Alex. Seriously, I wouldn't doubt that his own father had the same issue. Oh and "it's not realistic?" Gee, it's almost like entertainment is trying to take us out of reality and make us feel for a father-son moment.

Internet/Cell Phones
This I think is the dumbest from his list. So he doesn't believe that internet and cell phones should be included because it makes the cartoons too omnipotent? When has this problem ever occurred in anything? And what if the cartoon takes place in today's society? It would be kind of weird to not have cell phones or internet.

Anyway, those are my two cents. Take them for what they're worth.

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
Some of the ones he puts can be very annoying if done incorrectly such as All Just a Dream, Amnesia, The Chosen One, and Explaining the Wizard. The other ones he lists are all bullshit but his reasoning is bullshit throughout the page. He is practically telling users not to use any cliches. If he actally knew what he was talking about he would have added the cliche MY VIDEO GAME CARTAGE IS HAUNTED as a cliche to not use.

Last edited:

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some of the ones he puts can be very annoying if done incorrectly such as All Just a Dream, Amnesia,
The Chosen One,
and Explaining the Wizard. The other ones he lists are all bullshit though but this reasoning is bullshit throughout the page.. He is practically telling users not to use any cliches. If he actally knew what he was talking about he would have added the cliche MY VIDEO GAME CARTAGE IS HAUNTED as a cliche to not use.
Interesting that Enter hates the All Just A Dream thing, considering this episode of GA:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Growing-Around-Episodes-Mind-Games-506270793

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Also, the worst "All just a dream" scenarios have everything else about the story be as realistic as possible
Don't you mean best ones?
Does Enter hate something that chalenges his mind?

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
Internet/Cell Phones
This I think is the dumbest from his list. So he doesn't believe that internet and cell phones should be included because it makes the cartoons too omnipotent? When has this problem ever occurred in anything? And what if the cartoon takes place in today's society? It would be kind of weird to not have cell phones or internet.

Anyway, those are my two cents. Take them for what they're worth.
I think he doesn't want people to use the cell phones because he overreacted to a terrible show known as Pixel Pinkie and possibly the Replacements (if he has seen it at least). Since cell phones didn't work there, he believes that they should be banned in all cartoons which is terrible logic.

Laevateinn

Head Researcher of Sirenduckology.
kiwifarms.net
Didn't his precious pony show have a love potion episode?
Come to think of it - didn't his OTHER favourite show, Gravity Falls, have a Love Potion-esque plot too? One where Mabel had good intentions to help Robbie with his inability to move on from Wendy and was clearly NOT an attempt to get Robbie to rape Tambry or vice versa?

I don't know - to me, it isn't that somebody uses a love potion, but rather, what their intentions are with said love potion.

MY VIDEO GAME CARTAGE IS HAUNTED
Goddammit I read that line in JelloApocalypse's voice.

It's disheartening to know that young aspiring writers are taking advice from this guy.
This. If anything, he's Andrew Dobson's literary counterpart! (minus the halfway decent skills that Dobson somewhat possessed a while ago...)

Headbanger General

I think I've got brain damage...
kiwifarms.net
Do we have a thread for his writing, actually (the non-GA stuff)? I'd love to see someone tear that apart.

Edit: I see he's been watching some old cartoons, after all. Odd, seeing as Red Hot Riding Hood's protagonist committed suicide at the end.

Ho Mo for Women

Sandrat Fictionkin
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino