Mrenter's view on College -

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
MrEnter wrote a blog about his views on college in response to receiving criticism for his lack of expertise.

http://mrenter.deviantart.com/journal/My-thoughts-towards-higher-education-519434130#comments

To summarize this article, MrEnter blames his social anxiety and autism for not doing well in school, and believes that student loans are intended to make big banks loads of money instead of giving people who aren't wealthy an opportunity for an education. He never really addresses the idea of learning more about the medium he is interested in, he just complains about the state of colleges.

KillerBob

White Machiavelli
kiwifarms.net
ya anyone who watches mlp even casually has bottom of the barrel taste and suspect intelligence
Mr Enter's intelligence doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as barrels. But seriously the point isnt that MrEnter should go to college (although that might be helpful), it''s more that he shows no desire to educate himself about the medium he's trying to make a living in. His tastes are far too limited for him to make anything other than derivative shite. College might change that. Although to be honest getiing out of the house more might help too...

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
@CatParty: I know a guy who's a brony and a fan of Buster Keaton, but then, exception to the rule...

I said it before, but most animators went to college before they got a job. Casey Alexander, even, studied at Cal Arts. The only animator I know who never went to college was David Feiss, who was hired at Hanna-Barbera right out of high school... And it took him years to get his own show.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
You know, for someone who's suffered autism all though his school life. I don't see what Mr. Enter's problem is beyond bitching that he can't have things the way he wants them to be.

Though then again, I actually did decently at school (even made it on my high school's Honor Roll somehow), so who am I to judge?

Last edited:

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
Sure, colleges/universities can be annoying from a financial standpoint, but what Enter doesn't realize is that you have to be EXTREMELY lucky to be able to land a career without any sort of degree (unless you like ponzi schemes of course). He'll never be able to pitch Growing Around to any network if he doesn't have a degree in animation, let alone any experience in the animation industry beyond just bitching about cartoons.

"The internet: "You waste four years of your life for a piece of paper that gives you the ability to do a job that you may or may not like that may or may not exist at that point, and you'll be in debt for the next ten years (if you're lucky)" Regardless of what is true, the internet made the best "sell.""

That piece of paper tells your employers that you have been studying in the field that they specialize in. Not to mention having a degree does wonders for your resume when you actually go out and apply for jobs. And you're going to have some kind of debt in your life regardless of what you do, so suck it up and make some money!

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
@dollarpennypincher: His super-limited taste in culture is probably another deterrent in his wanting to sell a show.

Look at John Kricfalusi's tastes: www.benjaminarcand.com/spumco/html/view01.html ...or Matt Groening's: http://web.archive.org/web/20010121230900/http://www.mich.com/~drhanna/mgtophundred.htm

These are people who have gone out and seen the world; they know more about animation than just what they saw as kids; they have influences beyond animation as well.

Basically, you have to have wide-ranging, non-animated interests to be a creator in animation; it ensures your show won't be bland and derivative (ahem-Growing Around-ahem)...

Reverend_Lovejoy

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure he knows what the word 'succinctly' means and that he only used the word to sound intelligent.

I also wonder if he realizes that he would be able to pay for college if he got an actual job (like at a fast food place or a retail store for instance) in addition to his current 'job' reviewing cartoons. Apparently he also makes money with 'freelance writing' so I'd kind of like to know more about what exactly he writes and who pays him to write. Unless he's talking about the writing he does for his reviews.

To be honest though, what I got from this was "I'd do anything to make my cartoon a success, except listen to criticism, or go to college. I'm perfect the way I am and therefore I don't need to change anything to be successful. The world needs to change."

Also, there's an error in the very first sentence of this post. I wonder if any comments were deleted by him when people attempted to point this out. Maybe nobody noticed.

Splendid Meat Sticks

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Enter's cartoon's gonna fail because he's unable to make anything appealing. The only people who want to see his shit are his little clique of friends and people like them. That is, people who sperg out over cartoons. Until he understands that he has to make something that other people actually want to see, and that that may involve making compromises or gasp, changes, he can't even start to think about being successful. If he can't even approach his cartoon with the right mindset, there's simply no way anything he does won't suck.

Edit:
This makes him just like Chris.

Last edited:

cheersfromquesnel

Ųl dambit teiya ara, ųl miura biyutenasi.
kiwifarms.net
I think Enter feels that being against college makes him smart and superior in comparison to us school-going "peasants"

What a narcissist.
Think it's more along the lines of "Enter doesn't understand how reality works," given what I've picked up about him. The guy doesn't seem to be particularly known for his rational and coherent thoughts on the world.

Reverend_Lovejoy

kiwifarms.net
I think Enter feels that being against college makes him smart and superior in comparison to us school-going "peasants"

What a narcissist.
Here's an odd thought. Perhaps Enter is a pseudo-intellectual who is pretending that he has a big intellect to hide his intellectual inferiority.

That's something I think we all suspect.

Perhaps he is also a philistine who doesn't truly appreciate art beyond the level of a school kid. He criticizes cartoons and searches for flaws to justify his hatred for art because he doesn't truly understand art. If he listened to 'Stairway to heaven' he might criticize it for being too long and not holding his attention.

Yet he is not immune to enjoying certain aspects of cartoons, mostly the juvenile aspects like fart jokes, and therefore...

Actually I don't know where I'm going with this.

geekboy400

closeted sociopath and a classy ghost
kiwifarms.net
I also wonder if he realizes that he would be able to pay for college if he got an actual job (like at a fast food place or a retail store for instance) in addition to his current 'job' reviewing cartoons. Apparently he also makes money with 'freelance writing' so I'd kind of like to know more about what exactly he writes and who pays him to write. Unless he's talking about the writing he does for his reviews.
or heck he has a patreon he could be putting some of that toward collage since it doesn't seem to be going toward his show

KillerBob

White Machiavelli
kiwifarms.net
Here's an odd thought. Perhaps Enter is a pseudo-intellectual who is pretending that he has a big intellect to hide his intellectual inferiority.
I think that's pretty obvious when you see how he conducts himself, or if you read any of his so called 'critiques.' MrEnter has no intellectual or creative insight at all beyond: "BAWWWWW, they stupid writers made the characters mean!!!" He's only intellectually superior in the eyes of 14 year old Enterbots.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino