Mrenter's view on College -

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Also you can see his pretention slipping in his speech at "smart kids that just can't do a test"

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Isn't test anxiety something that everyone has to a certain extent? Sure, a lot of people can get it pretty bad, and working through it sucks, but learning to manage anxiety (for any situation) is an important skill.
I don't think he meant exactly test anxiety exactly, but I could be wrong.
I felt he was talking only about himself in that part.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I figured that's what he meant, since that's the only reason I could come up with for a smart kid that knows the material to fail a test.

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
I figured that's what he meant, since that's the only reason I could come up with for a smart kid that knows the material to fail a test.
what I could make out of it was more of a kid that doesn't know the material, but " is smart in his own way"

Last edited:

DirkBloodStormKing

uwu
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here is the text, part 1 is blurry but it is just a copy paste of what I said here.
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/mrenters-view-on-college.8363/page-8

He stopped replying after that.
You know Enter, he's purely feelz over facts. Add any logic to counter his arguments and you hurt his "feewings", his "fee-fees", his "feelz". His arguments on college really do come from a purely emotional standpoint and don't seem to have any amount of logos, appeal to logic at all when you really look into his arguments.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't public schools already provide accommodations to those that need extra time on standardized tests upon request, including AP classes as well? I'm not sure if Enter knows this or not from what he was trying to say there.

And while I get why he doesn't like standardized tests much, there still needs to be some kind of objective filter mechanism so that there's at least some kind of quantitative way to make sure that people have at least some kind of qualifications. It's not perfect but what else is out there?

• Agree
Reactions: DirkBloodStormKing

DirkBloodStormKing

uwu
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't public schools already provide accommodations to those that need extra time on standardized tests, including AP classes as well? I'm not sure if Enter knows this or not from what he was trying to say there.

And while I get why he doesn't like standardized tests much, there still needs to be some kind of objective filter mechanism so that there's at least some kind of quantitative way to make sure that people have at least some kind of qualifications. It's not perfect but what else is out there?
As someone who had extra time for tests (including AP tests) due to Autism, I have to say Enter is kind of overreacting a bit. If you have a diagnosed disability, chances are, you are going to get an IEP, especially if you have a learning disability such as Autism, ADHD/ADD, Dyslexia, or other disabilities and disorders.

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
As someone who had extra time for tests (including AP tests) due to Autism, I have to say Enter is kind of overreacting a bit. If you have a diagnosed disability, chances are, you are going to get an IEP, especially if you have a learning disability such as Autism, ADHD/ADD, Dyslexia, or other disabilities and disorders.
The test that MrEnter was talking about, the MCAS, gives extra time to anyone who needs it, not just people with disabilities.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
You know Enter, he's purely feelz over facts. Add any logic to counter his arguments and you hurt his "feewings", his "fee-fees", his "feelz". His arguments on college really do come from a purely emotional standpoint and don't seem to have any amount of logos, appeal to logic at all when you really look into his arguments.
The fact that Entard thinks there's other testing options than the normal standardized ones worries me when I shouldn't be.

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
Well, I continued my conversation with MrEnter about education, and I can't say that I am surprised about what happened; MrEnter doesn't seem to understand how sourcing works considering that the sources he provided didn't actually support what he was saying.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's really pathetic. He just didn't know what else to say after you showed him all those scholarly articles and papers. This is what happens when he has to confront someone who has presumably been much more well read on this topic than he is and he automatically jumps to the conclusion that your sources won't solve anything or change his mind. I think this is a lot of the reason why he doesn't want to go to college. He'll have to deal with people much smarter than him.

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's really pathetic. He just didn't know what else to say after you showed him all those scholarly articles and papers. This is what happens when he has to confront someone who has presumably been much more well read on this topic than he is and he automatically jumps to the conclusion that your sources won't solve anything or change his mind. I think this is a lot of the reason why he doesn't want to go to college. He'll have to deal with people much smarter than him.
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if he thought there was some sort of massive conspiracy or that these educated sources that @Cgame references do not accurately represent or help the school system or youth as a whole (see: Enter), and that they should be disregarded because Enter and his sources know what "truly" needs to happen to improve the school system.

I'm gonna sound a bit pessimistic and A-Loggy here, but Enter is sounding a lot like those idiot anti-Vax people or hardcore Creationists that spit in the face of science and say that it's all some big massive conspiracy or that they're hiding the research so they can back their "Science." These people cling to whatever small little things can support their arguments and disregard any actual evidence because it's not valid "in their eyes." These people are pieces of shit imo because they refuse to admit they're wrong and they generally have some kind of following that actually believes them over actual people who've done research into these fields.

It's depressing and almost annoying, at least to me.

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
Something I noticed looking back on this is that MrEnter seemed much more arrogant than I realized, he seems to believe that knowing what No Child Left Behind is some type of grand intellectual feat based on his post which almost seemed like he was patronizing me, despite the fact that No Child Left Behind is probably one of the first things you learn about when learning educational psychology and is probably common knowledge to anyone who even remotely follows politics.

Headbanger General

I think I've got brain damage...
kiwifarms.net
Well, as to his fan base, he has over 80,000 subscribers. Now, I fully believe in people's capacity to think for themselves, but there is a phenomenon called "shepherd's syndrome". Basically, it means that an individual--a follower or "sheep"--who follows the opinions of another individual--a leader or "shepherd"--tends to agree with the shepherd on topics that may be outside the shepherd's area of expertise, or that may fly in the face of the sheep's personal views. (Know that I don't mean "sheep" in the derogatory sense; it's just an analogy)

I first heard the term, fittingly enough, from an Enter fan on the Bunch of Pseudo-Intellectuals video on his "Troll" review. The Enter fan stated that they agreed with Enter until they watched the video, which tore Enter's argument to bits. The Enter fan wondered why they agreed with Enter, even though it was blatantly obvious that he had no idea what he was talking about. Another commenter brought up the term, which helped me better understand why Enter's stupid opinions keep getting praise. It doesn't help that many of his fans are adolescents, who are more easily influenced by others' opinions, especially those of well-known individuals such as Enter here.

Last edited:

Stoa

kiwifarms.net
I find MrEnters arrogance towards tsumiki really disgusting. I think his arrogance towards Art Colleges and industry will be bis downfall. Do you think I have been too harsh?

Yes, I went to school with him. But I really don't want to go into much detail (names, places etc.). You can follow me on Deviant art (98Abraxas89).

Last edited:

The Jumping Dwarf

I'm offendered if misgendered
kiwifarms.net
I find MrEnters arrogance towards tsumiki really disgusting. As I have written on Deviant Art (username 98Abraxas89) his arrogance will be bis downfall. Do you think I have been too harsh?

I went to school with him.
With who, Enter or tsumiki(?)?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino