MUH MENTALS: In which we sperg about whether Amber is the product of a traumatic upbringing or just a natural born cunt -

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Empathy and feeling bad for someone are not the same. I don’t feel bad for hamber, but I empathize with the shit hand her child self was given, meaning I understand and I see how it made her the way she is. I didn’t think I was going to have to clarify the meaning and difference between empathy and sympathy, but here we are.

There isn't anybody here conflating empathy and sympathy.

Like I said, there is no right way to respond to trauma. I’m not sure how you guys expect someone with shitty asshole parents to magically not be shitty assholes themselves, especially when they’re as poor/uneducated as Hamber and her clan. You can offer all the help in the world, but if the person’s emotional and cognitive intelligence isn’t there, guess what? They’re probably not going to even know how to take the help.

There are loads of people with shitty parents/upbringing who are themselves not shitty people. I'd even go so far to say that I believe MOST people who had shitty parents/upbringing are not themselves shitty people.

edit: and everyone “deserves” empathy you twats, that’s the whole fucking point of having empathy and the human experience. You’re supposed to step outside your comfort zone and understand where others are coming from. Refusing to practice empathy because you don’t like someone is not how it works and is very childish. You’re calling Hamber a cold bitch, so your solution is being a cold bitch too? You’re def showing how much better you are with that response. Calling someone a narc bitch then demonstrating the same behaviour a narc bitch would, makes lots of sense.
Rather disingenuous of you, considering that no one is arguing that nor engaging in that beyond the usual shitposting that goes on here. It is entirely possible to empathize with a shitty upbringing while not sympathizing with someone whose own actions brought consequences along for the ride.

dfranki723

kiwifarms.net
Nobody is obligated to empathise with awful people.
That's a wide fucking net you've just thrown, everyone? No.

I don't understand why some of you are so upset with those of us who simply don't believe all her lies and find her actions to be contradicting to the stories she's told.

This is some holier than thou bullshit, oh no the dregs of the farm are being too edgy by not empathising with a vile, animal abusing, self diagnosing compulsive liar. Who also likes to harass dying women in her spare time, and lie about her blood relatives.

E - Rating me MOTI despite crying over muh edge and empathy.

People are comparing her behaviour and her ''trauma'' to others because what else have we got to go on? Literally all we have is her word and the word of her relatives (which people don't seem to give a shit about because it doesn't match up to her stories).

It's okay for you guys to state (with certainty, as if you've seen it yourself) that she has trauma (which again is based purely on her word) but to question it is completely fucked up? Alright then.

Last edited:

mythical mother

ayyyy
kiwifarms.net
Rather disingenuous of you, considering that no one is arguing that nor engaging in that beyond the usual shitposting that goes on here. It is entirely possible to empathize with a shitty upbringing while not sympathizing with someone whose own actions brought consequences along for the ride.
Not trying to put words in OP’s mouth but I kinda think that was their entire point.

Gaitlord

Confederate Fag
kiwifarms.net
Whatever it is or isn't, at some point you get past that shit and start manning up. People wallowing in their "muh trauma" or "muh mentalz" without doing a single fucking thing about it get zero sympathy from me

There isn't anybody here conflating empathy and sympathy.
Do I really need to explain how these two statements contradict each other?
It is entirely possible to empathize with a shitty upbringing while not sympathizing with someone whose own actions brought consequences along for the ride.
That’s literally what I said but in a different way. I agree with you. I literally wrote, “I empathize with her upbringing but don’t feel bad for her”.

This is what I meant when I said you guys are arguing things no one is disagreeing with.
Nobody is obligated to empathise with awful people.
That's a wide fucking net you've just thrown, everyone? No.

I don't understand why some of you are so upset with those of us who simply don't believe all her lies and find her actions to be contradicting to the stories she's told.
Never said obligated, I said it’s human to empathize and to pick and choose because you don’t like someone is childish and defeats the purpose of ever practicing it. The point of empathy is to empathize with someone very different from you. And I said you don’t have to believe her, but I personally think using “this person doesn’t act like a real victim” and “people in war have it worse” as evidence to comment on someone’s alleged childhood sexual abuse is shitty, just as shitty as Hamber.

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that's not what you were saying. My issue with your posts, and it is an issue I have had with similar posts in the past is, you were implying, both obliquely and directly, that her childhood wasn't that bad, and certainly not bad enough to cause trauma. And JFC, if you don't think ending up in the care of the state system before the age of 10 is not traumatizing in and of itself- let alone the abuse and neglect that precipitated it, then you're either being willfully ignorant, or there is something very wrong with you and maybe you need to reflect on that.

Amber had a traumatic childhood
Early childhood trauma affects psychological/emotional development
Amber is not a great person

All three statements are true, which is literally what others are saying, but you're denying the truth of the first two statements while angrily defending the third.
This is some holier than thou bullshit, oh no the dregs of the farm are being too edgy by not empathising with a vile, animal abusing, self diagnosing compulsive liar. Who also likes to harass dying women in her spare time, and lie about her blood relatives.
Calm down.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

kiwifarms.net
but I personally think using “this person doesn’t act like a real victim” and “people in war have it worse” as evidence to comment on someone’s alleged childhood sexual abuse is shitty, just as shitty as Hamber.

Normally, I would agree with you, but I don't in Big Al's case, and I'll leave it at that so we can all go back to just shitting on her as usual.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Normally, I would agree with you, but I don't in Big Al's case, and I'll leave it at that so we can all go back to just shitting on her as usual.

This deep dive into Hamber's pysch/trauma/shittyness ALWAYS happens in this thread (edit: when thread was part of General Discussion, before this new Muh Mentals thread -- good move, mod!) when she goes silent and there no new cowness to laugh and point fingers at. Same as it ever was and will likely remain so until she posts more of her wordly view utter nonsense.

But real questions remain - like, how much bigger will she be from Holiday consumption when she decides to start groveling for shekels again and posts a new vlog? I find it so laughable how she thinks she's punishing dispektful pieces of Haydur shit with her silence.

<insert glittery Nobody Cares! text here>

Last edited:

ADHD

セックスキッテン
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because this topic comes up frequently enough, and because it has a tendency to become contentious, I have made a separate catch-all thread for discussion of Amber's mental health, as opposed to her physical health. If you all wish to continue this discussion, please do so in this thread, but also: CALM DOWN. Amber and her mentals (or lack thereof) aren't worth fighting over.

juicy

kiwifarms.net
I find it drastically more likely that Amberlynn has a personality disorder or her bipolar diagnosis is correct versus her playing autistic 4D chess for the sole purpose of manipulating her audience and those around her while simultaneously sabotaging her own well-being and health.

The majority of cows have trauma and/ or mental illness. Extreme attention seeking behavior isn't exactly "normal" or productive. This isn't to imply that people with mental illness or trauma can't be good people or lead productive lives. But cows exhibit those who aren't trying to get better. That's what makes them entertaining.

And responding to the trauma argument specifically: Amber having childhood trauma makes sense to me but mental illness doesn't have to be linked to trauma per se. Could also be genetic/biologocal. And in the case of BPD it's pretty common that BPD mothers raise BPD daughters. I don't know what's going on in Amberlynn's head though and don't really give a shit. But as others have stated I think that muh mentals are in part accurate when it comes to a landwhale with a circular pattern of self-sabotaging behavior.

Last edited:

Situation Type Deal Gorl

kiwifarms.net
This deep dive into Hamber's pysch/trauma/shittyness ALWAYS happens in this thread (edit: when thread was part of General Discussion, before this new Muh Mentals thread -- good move, mod!) when she goes silent and there no new cowness to laugh and point fingers at. Same as it ever was and will likely remain so until she posts more of her wordly view utter nonsense.

But real questions remain - like, how much bigger will she be from Holiday consumption when she decides to start groveling for shekels again and posts a new vlog? I find it so laughable how she thinks she's punishing dispektful pieces of Haydur shit with her silence.

<insert glittery Nobody Cares! text here>

Narcs gotta make sure everyone knows they're the top in any relationship.

I find it drastically more likely that Amberlynn has a personality disorder or her bipolar diagnosis is correct versus her playing autistic 4D chess for the sole purpose of manipulating her audience and those around her while simultaneously sabotaging her own well-being and health.

The majority of cows have trauma and/ or mental illness. Extreme attention seeking behavior isn't exactly "normal" or productive. This isn't to imply that people with mental illness or trauma can't be good people or lead productive lives. But cows exhibit those who aren't trying to get better. That's what makes them entertaining.

And responding to the trauma argument specifically: Amber having childhood trauma makes sense to me but mental illness doesn't have to be linked to trauma per se. Could also be genetic/biologocal. And in the case of BPD it's pretty common that BPD mothers raise BPD daughters. I don't know what's going on in Amberlynn's head though and don't really give a shit. But as others have stated I think that muh mentals are in part accurate when it comes to a landwhale with a circular pattern of self-sabotaging behavior.

If she had a real shrink instead of a strip-mall, scrip-writing-churn shrink, it wouldn't shock me at all if they came away with a dx of NPD, because she ticks all the boxes.

kiwifarms.net
A lot of people are fat as babies and don't end up 600 pounds. Amber is on another level than just being a brat, being spoiled, or being a narc. A lot of people are fat all their lives, but I really don't think you get to her level of obesity without something seriously fucked up happening to you first.

It's like her parents not giving up drugs for their kids... 2 were in closed adoptions to never be seen or heard from again so their addiction had to be hard. That could be trauma from the neglect. Her brother has drug problems, going in and out and back into prison. Aunt Tammy had some addiction so I doubt it skipped AL. Eatting to 600 pounds, Addictions sometimes don't make sense... people just keep going till they die.

Same goes with the Casey/rape thing- sure, she maybe embellished, but really I don’t know, and there was literally never any evidence to the contrary. The video Casey made proved nothing, and just because hamber messaged her later about her stank vagina doesn’t mean assault couldn’t have happened.

If people believe she was sexually abused as a child, then that's a good point. Everyone said she was lying about the Casey rape story just because Casey said it didn't happen why believe her? No one knows Casey or what she was like/is like

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No- no one is born destined to Amberlynndom. It's a choice. I believe personality development is about 1/3 nature, 2/3 nurture.

Amberlynn, like everyone, has a base propensity for negative traits, which ones in particular are probably a matter of genetics. Everyone also grows up with a certain amount of baggage and excuses to perpetuate the negative traits to which they're predisposed. AL no doubt has also experienced her share of pain in the past. Growing up fat and poor with drug addicted parents, as well as being in the foster system will absolutely leave its mark on a person. Whatever happened to AL as a minor was no picnic except in maybe the most literal sense of the phrase.

However, she hasn't been given enough reasons to try to hold back on her most negative impulses, which her trauma amplifies. She has a long history of experiencing positive outcomes for her negative behaviors (gluttony ---> youtube money, victim complex --> attention/drama --> youtube money, take on others' personalities --> companionship, and many more examples).

She's 30 now though. The part of her life where she has little control over what is nurtured in her personality is over. It's absolutely within her power to change her patterns and steer her personality towards one of a person with actual accountability. She just doesn't believe she can because it's so easy for her not to be that way. The real tragedy of AL is that there is seemingly no rock bottom our g0rl can hit that isn't too late.

mekalekahi

Dont you guys think I should choose my own foods?
kiwifarms.net
Regardless of if shes been abused or in foster care or not, one thing is for sure is that amber was spoiled. And if she wasnt spoiled, she has felt wronged that this happend to her and she deserves to have thousands of people worry about her and feel bad.

I dont know anything about foster care, but I found it strange that at 18 amber was kicked out and flat out says that caseys mom had to take her on. She then sat in that womans home for years not working and complaining about her life at home online. I'm also curious if Casey's mom ever touched bases with ambers family for help because I do believe that she was super abusive/manipultive to everyone in that apartment. You can tell on Casey's younows that both her and her mom are quite timid-the perfect people for AL to walk all over. I think moving to Casey's was the beginning of the "freeload and make people feel bad for me era"

She then goes on to krystles and once again sits in folks home as a grown mid 20s adult receiving a allowance from them. Too me its a mix of her being a shitty person and the people in her life uplifting her behaviour because they are scared of her for whatever reason. Shes never had anyone in her life give it too her straight and tell her to grow up except maybe her dad which is why she doesnt speak to him/never talks to him.

Sorry this is long lol

celtichaze

kiwifarms.net
Direct result of childhood abandonment. Look up the term “individuation”. She never went through this process, thus you see a 30 something year old woman with no serious goals, no real identity, no long-lasting relationships etc.

Bad parenting can really fuck you up. On some level, I do feel sorry for her. Because I know she will likely die without having found true meaning to her existence. A good psychologist could help sort out her issues, once and for all. But that would require a lot of work and soul searching on her end. To me that’s the tragedy of people like this; They could get help and live fulfilled lives but give up on themselves.

Gaitlord

Confederate Fag
kiwifarms.net
Regardless of if shes been abused or in foster care or not, one thing is for sure is that amber was spoiled. And if she wasnt spoiled, she has felt wronged that this happend to her and she deserves to have thousands of people worry about her and feel bad.

I dont know anything about foster care, but I found it strange that at 18 amber was kicked out and flat out says that caseys mom had to take her on. She then sat in that womans home for years not working and complaining about her life at home online. I'm also curious if Casey's mom ever touched bases with ambers family for help because I do believe that she was super abusive/manipultive to everyone in that apartment. You can tell on Casey's younows that both her and her mom are quite timid-the perfect people for AL to walk all over. I think moving to Casey's was the beginning of the "freeload and make people feel bad for me era"

She then goes on to krystles and once again sits in folks home as a grown mid 20s adult receiving a allowance from them. Too me its a mix of her being a shitty person and the people in her life uplifting her behaviour because they are scared of her for whatever reason. Shes never had anyone in her life give it too her straight and tell her to grow up except maybe her dad which is why she doesnt speak to him/never talks to him.

Sorry this is long lol
Hamber has actually admitted (astonishing and unbelievable, I know) to being overly reliant on others in her adult life. She attributed it to being put into the foster care system as a kid, which taught her that there will always be people around to pick up her slack and provide for her, which makes complete sense. I wish I could remember what video it was that she said this in. Needless to say, the fact that she pointed this behaviour out on her own tells us that she is at least somewhat self aware, and therefore should be trying to change the behaviour she’s discontent with. But I think she tells herself she has changed this now because she financially takes care of herself and others, but obviously we know that doesn’t mean shit in terms of self reliance when you can’t even wipe your own ass.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

kiwifarms.net
Hamber has actually admitted (astonishing and unbelievable, I know) to being overly reliant on others in her adult life. She attributed it to being put into the foster care system as a kid, which taught her that there will always be people around to pick up her slack and provide for her, which makes complete sense. I wish I could remember what video it was that she said this in. Needless to say, the fact that she pointed this behaviour out on her own tells us that she is at least somewhat self aware, and therefore should be trying to change the behaviour she’s discontent with. But I think she tells herself she has changed this now because she financially takes care of herself and others, but obviously we know that doesn’t mean shit in terms of self reliance when you can’t even wipe your own ass.

Her CONFESSING EVERYTHING I'VE LIED ABOUT!!!!!! :( video (cued) which was a double at that very moment: she was admitting something she lied about AND telling another truth.