MUH MENTALS: In which we sperg about whether Amber is the product of a traumatic upbringing or just a natural born cunt -

eDove

Coo coo
kiwifarms.net
So just to clarify, she'd like the ability to rewind her life so that she can re-experience trauma that she's "subconsiously" forgotten about. :cringe::lunacy:
I, too, like to re-experience past traumas.

Really, though, this tells me she's still trying to search for the "root" of her troubles, the crux of what she is. Surely, there has to be something buried deep in her past that will explain all of this. It's not like there're hundreds of people telling her what she needs to do to change. I'm sure she'd love to find out that her mind had repressed a molestation all this time or whatever.

Someone who's been traumatized doesn't go looking for trauma. More often than not, they want to stay as far away from it as possible.

PotatoSalad4711

KF HR Complaint Department (not official)
kiwifarms.net
You dumb bunny - you don't DECIDE to subconsciously erase anything.
And how often does that happen in real life anyway? Perhaps a PsychFag can weigh in on this. I can see a repressed memory happening if you were raped or someone was murdered in front of you, but Amber acts like all of just have trauma that we forget. I agree with an above poster, she’s been watching too many damn movies.

Punkinsplice

An cermet and I talk sh--HI MARISSA!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And how often does that happen in real life anyway? Perhaps a PsychFag can weigh in on this. I can see a repressed memory happening if you were raped or someone was murdered in front of you, but Amber acts like all of just have trauma that we forget. I agree with an above poster, she’s been watching too many damn movies.
Not at all professionally qualified to answer this, but I am pretty sure that complete amnesia from trauma is pretty rare. Spots and particular details are gone or fuzzy, You may not even realize you have repressed something until someone else mentions an event that you should remember. Shit comes back at weird times when triggered, too. Not really talking about head trauma or tbi here, just psychological trauma.

double second

anal spasm
kiwifarms.net
I’m not a professional but true repressed memories are rare, especially for the kind of trauma Amber likes to hint that she has. Kids who are sexually abused usually remember every single detail- what they and their abuser were wearing, date and time, what else happened that day, etc. Actually that’s the case for most traumatic experiences. And if a memory is repressed, “recovering” those memories is generally pretty unethical. Something that’s really overlooked by most people is the unequal distribution of power between a therapist and a client, so clients really listen to therapists. One case where that happened totally changed how we view trauma. A young woman went to a therapist with some common young woman type of problem (I think an eating disorder or anxiety or something) and the therapist was like “hey were you sexually abused as a child? Some women have these problems because they were abused.” She and the therapist started working on “recovering” her traumatic “memories” and she decided her father sexually abused her throughout her childhood, and took him to court based solely on her “recovered memories”. The case was thrown out and I think the father successfully sued the therapist.

Point is, “repressed and recovered” memories are suspicious. Since it’s been discovered how easily a therapist can alter clients’ perceptions and beliefs, most therapists want nothing to do with someone who’s looking to “recover” a traumatic memory.

Howfluffyisdapuppy

kiwifarms.net
The idea of repressed memories can be kind of controversial, but it also depends IMO the kind of repression we are talking about. The whole concept of one having trauma and then completely repressing it, and not acknowledging it at all until recognition decades later has really been questioned. It might be important to note that these indivuals would claim that they weren't trauma victims as the memories would be repressed entirely, but then later realize they had been in some severe trauma. Like "I have never been a victim of domestic violence" and the randomly (or guided) suddenly realize they were abused by an ex. There may be some legitimacy to it or it could be a way to explain a cause for other disorders like anxiety or depression or be false memories. This would be true "repressed memories."

On the other hand, there are some theories that show that some "repression" may be a valid coping mechanism for some who go through abuse/trauma. Its the idea that the mind sort of disengaged during prolonged trauma to cope. Like... Mommy and Daddy scream and fight and get violent (or some thing else of this nature) every holiday/birthday etc. Said child may not have any memories or recollection of holidays as a kid but associate said occassion with fighting/yelling etc. The theory is that its a way to limit the trauma and overcome. This is what some people might also think of as repressed memories, but is sometimes called "dissociative amnesia." Its also worth noting that forgetting things that occurred many years prior is actually NORMAL... Talking about something you don't remember like christmas when you were 7 and then remembering what happened at 7 doesn't mean it was a repressed memory either. It also doesn't even mean what you remember even happened! False memories are real and have been documented in studies about memory and the brain. So the idea of memory repression in any form has really been debated.

Amber admits she manipulates her own narrative with herself by just pretending it didn't happen. Its impossible to be objective with Amber anyway but knowing this its hard to take anything at face value. I 100% believe she lets herself get wrapped up in her own BS and it is likely impossible to separate the two at this point.

The Queen of Autists

kiwifarms.net
I, too, like to re-experience past traumas.

Really, though, this tells me she's still trying to search for the "root" of her troubles, the crux of what she is. Surely, there has to be something buried deep in her past that will explain all of this. It's not like there're hundreds of people telling her what she needs to do to change. I'm sure she'd love to find out that her mind had repressed a molestation all this time or whatever.

Someone who's been traumatized doesn't go looking for trauma. More often than not, they want to stay as far away from it as possible.
I have to disagree with this. I took extensive measures for years to recall my trauma. It's like part of you is missing and you need to find it and you're driven to find it. It's not to relive the trauma it's cause you want the damn truth about your life.

Gaitlord

Confederate Fag
kiwifarms.net
she probably was diddled. she is probably romanticizing whatever trauma she does have to try and convince herself (more so) that none of this is her fault. But most of all, she is trying to turn it into a reason why the haters shan’t criticize her and why they should feel bad when they do. It’s a totally manipulative thing to say. She’s not some advocate for child/sexual abuse and she’s not in therapy. There’s no reason to say something like that on the internet other than attention and to manipulate your audience in some way.

krazy orange cat

Fluffy ball of evil
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This could be the start of Amber's journey to the DID community. We shall be told that the Binge Monster is a legit alter. All those times it was proved that she was lying? Nah, it's just that she didn't know what her alters had said/done. She's not responsible for anything because not only MUH MENTALZ but MUH TRAUMA.

She's clearly desperate for attention so I wouldn't be surprised.

Angel Dust

Insidious Bitch Snake
kiwifarms.net
This could be the start of Amber's journey to the DID community. We shall be told that the Binge Monster is a legit alter. All those times it was proved that she was lying? Nah, it's just that she didn't know what her alters had said/done. She's not responsible for anything because not only MUH MENTALZ but MUH TRAUMA.

She's clearly desperate for attention so I wouldn't be surprised.
At least that would be interesting and we'd get a new form of haydurs from the did groups

The Queen of Autists

kiwifarms.net
I am asking this legitimately, not to be an ass, but how do you know there is repressed trauma?
I would come to out of blackouts a lot as. A child and every time I tried new drugs as an adult I recognized everything about them and I did remember a lot of the details but I wanted to know everything. And my father was a satanist that actually believed in satan not like the ones in the church of satan. And I had all sorts of dreams and flashbacks. I did all my work without any therapist either so there was nobody to implant anything. My father tortured me to disassociate so when I grew up and started doing disassociative drugs it would take me back to who I am without all the partitions up. I kind of had multiple personality disorder til he died when I was seventeen, I would lose time and come back to myself later and be at school or the park or wherever he wasn't anymore. When I became an alcoholic later I realized that those were blackouts. He was drugging the whole family with datura and lsa which he had a garden full of.

PotatoSalad4711

KF HR Complaint Department (not official)
kiwifarms.net
Didn’t mean to start digging a rabbit hole here (sorry mods). I’m talking about Amber specifically and how likely it is that she repressed a memory or is it more likely that she wishes she had some deep dark trauma that would explain her weight away.

No, I don’t mean getting blackout drunk or using drugs to “forget”, which doesn’t work anyway BTW.

I do think Amber suffered from severe neglect as a child, her main support (mother and father) was missing, so she created this attention-seeking identity. We know she wasn’t deprived of food or shelter. Is it possible she was molested? Yeah, possible. Do I think she repressed memories as a child? No.

TL;DR Amber does not want to be held accountable for her own 30-year-old self and tries to blame everything on her “mentulz” constantly.

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
I find it interesting that the kiddy fiddling bating is coming out now and post-hysterectomy. What is different in her life since she got the cancer news? It's the resolution of one of her much-touted traumas. The estrangement from her mother. Now that methma is back in her life again, and they worked out their issues and her childhood anger, amber is missing a HUGE chunk of her identity. For amber's brand of mental case, and for her brand as an internet freak, resolved trauma is simply inacceptable. So now she's on to the foggy, repressed memories of being molested.

Not all foster families come straight out of an after school special. Not only that, but for a lot of the time she was in a girls shelter, not a foster family. She recalls her foster family fondly, and she indicated she was still in touch with them as recently as her cancer diagnosis. They encouraged her to get her GED, they paid for her and her brother to fly to visit family, they paid for her to go on weight watchers. When she recalled how important to them it was that she get her act together and get a GED, she mentioned both her foster mother and father. I just don't think this guy was also waiting till bedtime to put a pinkie or anything else in her dainty-tight snatch.

Amber's traumatic memories aren't repressed, they don't exist. "repressed" is just an easy excuse because it gives her time to make shit up and craft a story. Likely right out of the YA fic she reads.

FTR, she DID have a traumatic childhood, her parents were neglectful, broke, meth addicts. I feel for any child who had to go through that. But I believe that's where the trauma begins and ends. Personally, I have a hard time mustering up the full portion of empathy I'd usually have for people with this background because by 30... hell, by mid-20's... she should have started working on this trauma so she could be a free and productive adult. Therapy isn't for everyone, but in my opinion, people get two choices: deal with their past and get support, or cling to the trauma to coddle themselves into destruction and uselessness, and from me, those sorts get no support. SO many of us have had something fucked up in childhood or early adulthood, but we're all here today as functioning adults, screwing around on KF between the productive aspects of our lives. Amber gets no pass.

krazy orange cat

Fluffy ball of evil
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This isn't just coming out now. I recall she talked a few years ago about having sleep anxiety because of "something bad" that happened at bedtime when she was younger. Specifically something that happened when she was returned to her parents for a trial period, implying that it was her father or brother that diddled her. I'll try to find the video when I can because at that time it wasn't something that she didn't remember, just another of the many things that she "wasn't going to talk about".

The Queen of Autists

kiwifarms.net
Yes we all need to highly request Dr Grande to do a video on ALR! That would be awesome I love him. He'd probably say, she's a real person so I can't diagnose her without seeing her but it seems to me she's fat and I would not fuck her. Lmao, seriously though let's all message dr grande

Bookish

kiwifarms.net
It's not so far fetched, the notion that she was abused. There's no way for anyone to speak with authority on that, except Amber, but she's vowed not to talk about it, is unwilling to address it in therapy, and she's a known and admitted liar, so, we'll never know for sure. Drug addicts love the company of other drug addicts, and aren't very watchful of their children, let alone coherent enough to protect them if there is a pedo in their midst. At least some kids have one decent parent, when you have two who are negligent* and impaired, anything really could've happened.

Sadly, she uses this (true or not), along with her diagnoses(again, true or not) to stave off criticism, so that adds another thing that is going to make people rightfully skeptical of these assertions and the timing. She happens to go down this road, again, when is it's clear to everyone that she's gained a ton of weight, is not keeping her own schedule that she outlined, and is just making up numbers instead of doing real weigh-ins.

Last edited: