MUH MENTALS: In which we sperg about whether Amber is the product of a traumatic upbringing or just a natural born cunt -

eDove

Coo coo
kiwifarms.net
Also got to point out the highly inappropriate sex conversations she had with a minor. That one creeped me out.
Amber doesn't even have the mental maturity to understand how that's wrong. When you don't age past twelve, you're gonna deem teenagers your peers—especially when said teenager is more informed on an adult subject than you. Sixteen-year-olds might as well be grown up to her.

The Lychee Queen

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Amber has narcissistic tendencies but if we're gonna be diagnosing here, imma contribute that her lazy overdramatic personality is closer to borderline personality disorder than NPD.

Let's see...

- Traumatic childhood (people with BPD are something like fifteen times more likely to have had a traumatic childhood than any other personality disorder)
- Stunted emotional development. She has the unrealistic life expectations of an adolescent, hence the perpetual dull surprise of, "I wasn't expecting ___ to be like that," and only barely understanding the logical consequences of her actions
- No identity or goals or purpose of her own, she lacks any sort of core identity and just mimics those around her. She literally doesn't have a personality without a partner to react to.
- Terrified at the thought of being alone or abandoned. Utterly incapable of functioning alone in normal society. Never, ever single.
- Can't stop, won't stop engaging in self-destructive behavior and total lack of impulse control.
- Detachment from reality resulting in delusional thinking. 'My doctor totally said that I'm healthy, just big'. 'I'm gonna take a million steps this year.'
- Denial, denial, denial. She didn't lose weight because of cancer, ya'll, it was because she's a disciplined good girl.
- Mood swings and emotional outbursts, with feelings of emptiness in between.
- Amber also does something called 'splitting' a lot. She can't hold opposing thoughts or beliefs. Like, everything is black or white, all or nothing, good or bad. Things are always or never. Either she follows a diet faithfully (for like a day) or she's binging on boxes of triscuits and couscous. There's no middle ground between "things have completely turned around" and "things are completely falling apart." If something goes wrong, she always feels cheated or screwed over or sabotaged.

Speculating is fun, but people have the wrong idea of how personality disorders are diagnosed. Getting the cluster right is much more important than the specific disorder itself. Like, Amber fits cluster B, the dramatic and erratic cluster, which includes antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, and histrionic disorder. The symptoms for each are very similar and overlap, and ultimately whichever one ticks the most boxes can be the eventual diagnosis, but it's not exact and can vary for many reasons. Whatever the diagnosis, the treatment is gonna be basically the same, so sticking with 'cluster b' instead of getting too nitpicky is usually easier and more beneficial for the both psychologist and the patient. If that makes sense. (For what it's worth, cluster b is hardest to treat and cluster c - fear and anxiety personality disorders - are most responsive.)

So saying Amberlynn has NPD or BPD or HPD or whatever is kinda a waste of time. She's cluster b, and that's really all there is to it.

She could also just have been born a shithead. Por que no los dos?

Last edited:

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Amber has narcissistic tendencies but if we're gonna be diagnosing here, imma contribute that her lazy overdramatic personality is closer to borderline personality disorder than NPD.

Let's see...

- Traumatic childhood (people with BPD are something like fifteen times more likely to have had a traumatic childhood than any other personality disorder)
- Stunted emotional development. She has the unrealistic life expectations of an adolescent, hence the perpetual dull surprise of, "I wasn't expecting ___ to be like that," and only barely understanding the logical consequences of her actions
- No identity or goals or purpose of her own, she lacks any sort of core identity and just mimics those around her. She literally doesn't have a personality without a partner to react to.
- Terrified at the thought of being alone or abandoned. Utterly incapable of functioning alone in normal society. Never, ever single.
- Can't stop, won't stop engaging in self-destructive behavior and total lack of impulse control.
- Detachment from reality resulting in delusional thinking. 'My doctor totally said that I'm healthy, just big'. 'I'm gonna take a million steps this year.'
- Denial, denial, denial. She didn't lose weight because of cancer, ya'll, it was because she's a disciplined good girl.
- Amber also does something called 'splitting' a lot. She can't hold opposing thoughts or beliefs. Like, everything is black or white, all or nothing, good or bad. Things are always or never. Either she follows a diet faithfully (for like a day) or she's binging on boxes of triscuits and couscous. There's no middle ground between "things have completely turned around" and "things are completely falling apart." If something goes wrong, she always feels cheated or screwed over or sabotaged.

Speculating is fun, but people have the wrong idea of how personality disorders are diagnosed. Getting the cluster right is much more important than the specific disorder itself. Like, Amber fits cluster B, the dramatic and erratic cluster, which includes antisocial, borderline, narcissistic, and histrionic disorder. The symptoms for each are very similar and overlap, and ultimately whichever one ticks the most boxes can be the eventual diagnosis, but it's not exact and can vary for many reasons. Whatever the diagnosis, the treatment is gonna be basically the same, so sticking with 'cluster b' instead of getting too nitpicky is usually easier and more beneficial for the both psychologist and the patient. If that makes sense. (For what it's worth, cluster b is hardest to treat and cluster c - fear and anxiety personality disorders - are most responsive.)

So saying Amberlynn has NPD or BPD or HPD or whatever is kinda a waste of time. She's cluster b, and that's really all there is to it.

She's a giant, waddling personality disorder.

This, too.

Snufkin the Snuf

Let’s go fill the Internet with crime, come on!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Let's see...

I believe she’s what they refer to in the psychology field as POS (piece of shit).

VercengetorixRex

Apolitical by popular demand
kiwifarms.net
Some people are fat and poor because they are lazy. She didn't get to 600lbs cashing a welfare cheque and picking up a shift here and there when she can(which she would look down on if her chins let her) her fans contributed to it with their money. At 30, your childhood trauma excuses hold less water(no pun intended).

Jizzrag

That’s what’s up
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some people are fat and poor because they are lazy. She didn't get to 600lbs cashing a welfare cheque and picking up a shift here and there when she can(which she would look down on if her chins let her) her fans contributed to it with their money. At 30, your childhood trauma excuses hold less water(no pun intended).
People don’t get to 600 lbs just out of pure laziness. At least, in psychiatry you don’t think that way. People do get fat out of laziness but in these cases there’s something severely wrong on a different level.

Obesity should be looked at as a social problem in the same way as addiction. Part of that is not to judge the addicts, but to find the best treatments and methods of preventing obesity.

Of course, I’m not above judging anyone. I’m at KF after all.

ETA:
Thats fair. I'm well aware of addiction, I dont think the world owes me a lifestyle for it. If I was crying about heroin addiction while making IV drug using fetish videos, you probably wouldn't have the same attitude toward my "sober journey" you would for somebody actually trying. And if I was only one "omg guys the heroin monster made me steal from a charity" crying vlogs away from ppl completely excusing how shitty I am and paying me for it, reminding me how it's not my fault and I'm actually great, I'd probably never sober up. I know nobody wants to be mean to a fat woman, but some of them are as awful as any Karen or blonde ditsy trope we cant wait to find an excuse not to like. She monetized pity.
I see your point. I’m from a very rich country, and our welfare is excellent. I do think addicts deserves a “free” and dignified lifestyle, much due to that being the norm here.

Last edited:

VercengetorixRex

Apolitical by popular demand
kiwifarms.net
People don’t get to 600 lbs just out of pure laziness. At least, in psychiatry you don’t think that way. People do get fat out of laziness but there’s something severely wrong on a different level.

Obesity should be looked at as a social problem, in the same way as addiction. Part of that is not judging the addicts, but to find the best treatments and methods of preventing obesity.

Of course, I’m not above judging anyone. I’m at KF after

People don’t get to 600 lbs just out of pure laziness. At least, in psychiatry you don’t think that way. People do get fat out of laziness but there’s something severely wrong on a different level.

Obesity should be looked at as a social problem, in the same way as addiction. Part of that is not judging the addicts, but to find the best treatments and methods of preventing obesity.

Of course, I’m not above judging anyone. I’m at KF after all.
Thats fair. I'm well aware of addiction, I dont think the world owes me a lifestyle for it. If I was crying about heroin addiction while making IV drug using fetish videos, you probably wouldn't have the same attitude toward my "sober journey" you would for somebody actually trying. And if I was only one "omg guys the heroin monster made me steal from a charity" crying vlogs away from ppl completely excusing how shitty I am and paying me for it, reminding me how it's not my fault and I'm actually great, I'd probably never sober up. I know nobody wants to be mean to a fat woman, but some of them are as awful as any Karen or blonde ditsy trope we cant wait to find an excuse not to like. She monetized pity.