Multi-level marketing/pyramid schemes and the people who fall for them -

sperginity

defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you ever befriend a mormon, they will eventually try to sell you some MLM shit. There is some special comission in Utah that tries to educate the public about financial scams since it is so ubiquitous there. Gullibility must be genetic, since most of the mormons living there have ancestry that were dumb enough to follow the mormon prophets into utah in the 1800s (in the middle of winter, with only hand carts, and a doctrine that forbade boiling water).

DrJonesHat

All-around bad person
True & Honest Fan
Birthday
kiwifarms.net
So I ended up Skyping an acquaintance who was a veterinary nurse and she helped me play midwife to 4 cute fuzzy kittens. Later that night someone on our road was stabbed to death. Those were Interesting Times.
If he had any shame, he let you keep one once it was weaned.

Since MLMs are a scam, and require you to scam people you know, you're already an asshole, so just make up your own scam and run it and at least you get to keep all the money, until you get caught.

JaneThough

Part of your world
kiwifarms.net
I just got through this thread. MLM huns are some of my favorite cows out there. I have a ton of them on my Facebook feed, the ones that bug me the most are the skin care/cosmetics, mainly because they are so full of shit. I have been suckered a few times into buying their products, and Younique and R&F are absolute garbage. Younique was the worst make up I have ever tried.

I love the before and after pictures they post, because they clearly use so many photo tricks (different lighting and styling, different perspective, even clear photoshop/facetune) to make the product look like it does anything:

Genkoda

I don't recall
kiwifarms.net
Man, she must have been desperate.

Seriously: dumpster dive, you'll keep more of your dignity.
I actually have some respect for those people that come digging in garbage cans around my area(or in the city) around trash time, since they are actually doing something useful. Homeless folks and others just looking for metal to scrap usually. Sometimes ill even save cans and other metals in a bag and just put it by the trash so whoever wants to can take them.

I cannot say I feel any respect for MLM pushers.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧
kiwifarms.net
Man, she must have been desperate.
A telltale sign that someone has joined the MLM bandwagon is when someone you seldomly interact with - or whose last interaction was less than cordial - contacts you out of the blue and is uncharacteristically enthusiastic prior to their revelation that they're now pitching some sort of MLM or woo.

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
  1. My ex best friend tried to rope me into a pyramid scheme. She recommended me to Vector Marketing. I didn't know at the time they were a pyramid scheme. They wanted me to sell knives. I told my folks about it and they said it was shifty. I googled them and found out that they had multiple lawsuits.
  2. I got an email for a college I was excited. So I did the research and they were a ponzischeme and were being investigated by the government. Shit sucks.

Pina Colada

My stars are up here!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Vice did a short documentary on LuLaRoe, a common MLM scam, and the women who have left it:

I feel bad that Courtney ended up having to sell her house, but it's also weird to see her still wearing that tacky watch. And my goodness, DeAnne's face looks like a wax mask- I'm surprised it didn't melt underneath all those stage lights.

Heinrich Himmler

Reichsführer-ᛋᛋ und Chef der Kiwi Polizei
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fucking Herbalife has been getting an hang in my country and it shows.
We just found that a (now ex) friend of ours has started peddling it with the actual claim it can improve fertility.
We have another friend that's desperately trying to get pregnant and was getting hooked on, thankfully Frau Himmler managed to talk some sense in her.
The last straw came last week when said girl (the one peddling) contacted my wife on Facebook (because I had already cut her off) with a sales pitch about how "what happened last time will not happen again" (you can guess why I stopped talking about the baby)-
Fuck. Off. As humanly low as ever.

The Un-Clit

Can you find it? come on in, look closer!
kiwifarms.net
Fucking Herbalife has been getting an hang in my country and it shows.
We just found that a (now ex) friend of ours has started peddling it with the actual claim it can improve fertility.
We have another friend that's desperately trying to get pregnant and was getting hooked on, thankfully Frau Himmler managed to talk some sense in her.
The last straw came last week when said girl (the one peddling) contacted my wife on Facebook (because I had already cut her off) with a sales pitch about how "what happened last time will not happen again" (you can guess why I stopped talking about the baby)-
Fuck. Off. As humanly low as ever.
I think that is what I hate most about companies that run these type of pyramid schemes: That when one of their agents manages to plant the hook into a previously normal person, that person either drops it like a hot curling iron, or they slowly become the kind of bottom feeding scum that hooked them in the first place, doing everything and anything possible to make sales and sign up new suckers beneath them. They will lie, cheat, steal and especially use emotionally charged bullshit like claiming "your miscarriage wouldn't have happened if only you had been taking the vitamins I have been trying to sell you the last 6 months" to someone they had been friends with for years.

It's like the fucking Borg. They either kill you or assimilate you and make you like them.

Heinrich Himmler

Reichsführer-ᛋᛋ und Chef der Kiwi Polizei
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think that is what I hate most about companies that run these type of pyramid schemes: That when one of their agents manages to plant the hook into a previously normal person, that person either drops it like a hot curling iron, or they slowly become the kind of bottom feeding scum that hooked them in the first place, doing everything and anything possible to make sales and sign up new suckers beneath them. They will lie, cheat, steal and especially use emotionally charged bullshit like claiming "your miscarriage wouldn't have happened if only you had been taking the vitamins I have been trying to sell you the last 6 months" to someone they had been friends with for years.

It's like the fucking Borg. They either kill you or assimilate you and make you like them.
Very true.
And then either they keep in the delusion or will come the day they'll get out of it and realize how they pissed off all their friends and family.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
  1. My ex best friend tried to rope me into a pyramid scheme. She recommended me to Vector Marketing. I didn't know at the time they were a pyramid scheme. They wanted me to sell knives. I told my folks about it and they said it was shifty. I googled them and found out that they had multiple lawsuits.
  2. I got an email for a college I was excited. So I did the research and they were a ponzischeme and were being investigated by the government. Shit sucks.
Normal college is basically an MLM. Every Alumni shills their school and raises the prestige of their school to enrich themselves or pad their resume.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧
kiwifarms.net
A public high school's sports team posted this on social media as a fundraising effort. If I understand the idea, each athlete is expected to supply a list of 20 e-mail addresses of friends, family, etc. Everyone's address gets input into some system so the entire list can be mass-mailed whenever about any fundraising activities for the team.

The idea of minors being asked for the email addresses of other people as a compulsory part of team membership is concerning in that the athletes might not take time to ask these people if they want to be spammed mercilessly with these messages.

MLM or not, this uses the same tactic of "give me the contact info of all your friends that might be interested" that MLM folks use.

201906-fundraising.png

AlmightyMagichan

kiwifarms.net
Normal college is basically an MLM. Every Alumni shills their school and raises the prestige of their school to enrich themselves or pad their resume.
That reminds me of when someone took me to an Amway meeting. They had a whole thing prepared about how college is a waste of time for various reasons. Somehow I was not convinced that dedicating my life to Amway was the better option. In fact, they also said that regular companies are pyramid schemes as well. Apparently everything is, except for them of course.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino