Multi-level marketing/pyramid schemes and the people who fall for them -

Nekromantik2

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord
kiwifarms.net
So my husband's step mom in on anther MLM scheme, I think it's It Works or something. All I remember was that she had posted a before and after picture of a woman with a saggy stomach trying to sell some sort of wrap or something to fix it. The picture was gross with a questionable after picture. You'd have to be an idiot to think it was the same person. The only comment she got form anyone was how gross the picture was, and her only retort was "THIS IS HELPING WOMEN!!"

This has to be the 3rd or 4th MLM she's gotten into after she got divorced from my father in law. And I know it's ruining her financially. But if she's too dumb to see it now I don't know what to tell her at this point.

Alberto Balsalm

No Xmas for John Quays
kiwifarms.net
That reminds me of when someone took me to an Amway meeting. They had a whole thing prepared about how college is a waste of time for various reasons. Somehow I was not convinced that dedicating my life to Amway was the better option. In fact, they also said that regular companies are pyramid schemes as well. Apparently everything is, except for them of course.
Amway thinks education is stupid, eh? That sure didn't stop Betsy DeVos.

tasty murder burger

If moths had eyes, would they be happier?
kiwifarms.net
There's a BBC documentary on MLMs which was a good watch, mostly focuses on Younique and Nuskin. Probably still on iPlayer if you have access to it but if not maybe someone has uploaded it online somewhere.

This is heartbreaking. Its sad how many woman think they're making millions and are empowered by this. A few of my high school friends are MLM huns now and they're insufferable. One does JuicePlus and tries to act like she's getting so many benefits such attending conferences abroad etc when in reality they have to pay through the nose for the experience of going to that shit.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Is Avon a MLM? I’ve known people who sold it in like the early 2000s. I didn’t know what a MLM was at the time but it seemed kinda fishy.
Yes. Avon is an extremely old one though, it easily predates Amway by more than 50 years. Wikipedia tells me it was founded in 1886 so it pretty much predates all other existing MLMs currently in existence, unless there's an older one I'm unaware of.

tasty murder burger

If moths had eyes, would they be happier?
kiwifarms.net
I always feel like Avon is the only acceptable MLM and I do buy products from the (not annoying in the slightest) coworker who uses it as a side hussle. I think because they have reasonably affordable products and an alright reputation then they work. Social media huns that I see pushing Avon are no way near as in sufferable, it's more so them asking if anyone wants a catalogue and they usually get a lot of responses. Although I don't doubt there is loads of '🙋‍♀️😍 Hey Guuuuurrrl 🌻💓😁 My Business Is Amazing 💯 Making So Much Money💲🤑 #bossbabe Working Anywhere From My Phone 🔥📲 Join Me!! 🎉' types as well.

Dr. Henry Armitage

Head librarian at Miskatonic University
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My Sister-in-law has been involved in at least 5 MLM's. Scentsy, paparazzi jewelry, pure romance, it works, and most recently young living. She doesn't work so all the money comes out of my brothers pocket. Unfortunately he wont tell her no despite the fact shes lost thousands to these schemes. She's absolutely sure the next one is gonna be the one that lets her work from home and be super rich super mom. As for what kind of person she is she embodies all the worst small town stay at home new mom stereotypes. Shell believe anything in a Facebook mom group. She is the worst gossip I've ever seen everyone who meets her learns real quick not to tell her anything cause she will run tell it as soon as possible. Hell sometimes she just makes stuff up just for drama. Shes extremely skeptical of doctors that's why she got into young living cause why pay for medicine when you can have essential oils. I'm expecting her to become and anti vaxer and flat earther any day now.

Edit:I almost forgot she got out of pure romance because her mom and grandma told her to stop selling dildos on Facebook because it was embarrassing them.

Autocrat

Sophisticated
kiwifarms.net
Years back I thought about joining one of these things just for the community / to get laid. Mainly just for the gonzo journalism aspect. I wouldn't do it now, but I doubt I'd regret it if I did it then.
Unrelated, but I find MLM's comparable from what I've seen of the pickup community. A lot of pain and very little reward.

Cat Menagerie

kiwifarms.net
For the series of huns being obnoxious sharks.... this one is basically telling the girl to shut up about the loss of her child and buy shitty essential oils.
Being someone who went through that, this makes my blood boil on so many levels.
I'm almost certain I saw that same one on Faceberg back when I used to have a fake account there. It was in some group for people who hate MLMs. This was probably sometime last year.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
A lot of years ago when I was looking for jobs I applied to one online not really realizing at the time what it was, and around a minute later I got a phone call from them asking me if I was still interested in the job. I was extremely confused and told them that I had just applied that second and they basically told me "Oh we're just very diligant when we are looking for quality people and you stood out to us" which was obviously lip service because I had jack shit on my resume for quality work experience, and you know I was barely off of the application page. So they basically ask me very skewed leading questions of my work habits for positive answers, and several times during the call they say that they only want serious people who are seriously interested in the job and of course I tell them yes because I'm still kind of blindsided by all of this and don't want to squander an opportunity. They end the call asking me again if I'm serious about the job and coming for an in person interview and I guarantee them that I'll show up again and again because they won't drop it.

I end up looking up the company right after because it was extremely suspect, and all I see people talking about is basically stay away, its a scam, its a trap. I look more into it and it was just another MLM in every way. I obviously don't go, and thankfully they don't try and call me, probably because they deal with it all the time hence them asking so much about me being serious about it. They probably just had people refreshing emails constantly and on deck with a phone because this was just surreal to get that call the moment after I hit submit.

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
A lot of years ago when I was looking for jobs I applied to one online not really realizing at the time what it was, and around a minute later I got a phone call from them asking me if I was still interested in the job. I was extremely confused and told them that I had just applied that second and they basically told me "Oh we're just very diligant when we are looking for quality people and you stood out to us" which was obviously lip service because I had jack shit on my resume for quality work experience, and you know I was barely off of the application page. So they basically ask me very skewed leading questions of my work habits for positive answers, and several times during the call they say that they only want serious people who are seriously interested in the job and of course I tell them yes because I'm still kind of blindsided by all of this and don't want to squander an opportunity. They end the call asking me again if I'm serious about the job and coming for an in person interview and I guarantee them that I'll show up again and again because they won't drop it.

I end up looking up the company right after because it was extremely suspect, and all I see people talking about is basically stay away, its a scam, its a trap. I look more into it and it was just another MLM in every way. I obviously don't go, and thankfully they don't try and call me, probably because they deal with it all the time hence them asking so much about me being serious about it. They probably just had people refreshing emails constantly and on deck with a phone because this was just surreal to get that call the moment after I hit submit.
The same thing happened to me while I was job-hunting last year. They basically contacted me within a few hours and I almost bought into it. Never showed up for the "interview".

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino