Multi-level marketing/pyramid schemes and the people who fall for them -

M

MY 405

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 943471

"You're a fucking idiot"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, apparently 3 class-action lawsuits have been filed against Monat for making people's hair fall out, so clearly this is a great investment.
--------> 😲 God, why don't we have this reaction icon for this kind of delusional shit?! Yes, yes, I realize that we'd all fly it into the ground every post but maybe you could store up four or five for the year so could drop them when absolutely necessary. Like fucking NOW! This is insane -- just take your daughter's college money and go buy scratchers, you might have actually made a buck or two.

In other news this woman we don't know who married the ex-husband of someone we hate (he's actually a nice guy) sells Scentsy and started a house fire with it. I'm really hoping it was during a demo. It wasn't big and they put it out, but yeah -- buy home market party products -- burn down home === have no concern over hosting home product party ever again.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just looked into this and apparently it is indeed an MLM. When I was a kid my grandma sold AIM (American Image Marketing) goods. Mostly heath food and vitamin products. I'm pretty sure I drank enough of this stuff as a kid to fill a swimming pool:
View attachment 892872
Haven't died yet though. It's some sort of seaweed powder you mix with whatever. For a while they changed the name to "BarleyLIFE" for some reason but now it looks like they changed it back. Looking into it, it's almost $50 a jar.
My mother got all into that stuff when I was a preteen. I was forced to drink green young grass shoot mixes like i was a goddamn rabbit, brewer's yeast sprinkled on my cornflakes for breakfast (or was that wheat germ? it was nasty anyway) and she bought this fucking SPROUT growing abortion from a friend selling some MLM or other, 3 layers of ridged plastic shelves in a transparent container. You buy the sprout beans from the company (at 10x the price of your local grocer or even herbal/health shop) lay em out, water em, and a week later we are all eating funky tasting sprouts in everything from PB sammitches to pasta. Thankfully this torture phase didn't last more then a couple of months before she got bored of it and the $100 sprout grower (in today's $ more like $400) sat on a high shelf gathering dust after she tried to pawn it off on everyone she knew.

edit: cleaning this up. I sure swear alot when I am drunk. :oops:

Last edited:

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
A quick google search tells me its fake fingernails/nail art
I believe it's the same thing as Jamberry, nail polish stickers.
You can get cheaper, better quality ones at Walmart, Walgreens, Ulta, any place that sells nail polish.

A story about Scentsy: I knew a woman who had signed her foster kids up for an Angel Tree a couple of Christmases ago. One of the boys wanted a wagon, other kid wanted some Barbies and clothes for them.

The people in charge of the Angel Tree didn't properly vet the donations; turns out a Scentsy rep had taken every tag from the tree, (about 22) and used a sob story on her website to get people to buy scented, stuffed bears for "her charity."

She got the credit from Scentsy for buying the bears, but none of the kids on the tree got what they asked for. The foster mom told me that some of the other kids had asthma, and the smell of the bears triggered attacks. And the stuffed bears weren't even nice ones, just some cheap, made in China crap.

When the rep was confronted about what she did, her attitude was that the kids should be glad they got anything for Christmas, and the foster agency should be glad for her donation instead of complaining.

Foster mom was a bit irritated about the agency not vetting the gifts, but she understood that no one could have forseen something like this happening.

Last edited:
M

MY 405

kiwifarms.net
Oh SHIT My mother got all into that shit when I was a preteen. I was forced to drink green young grass shoot mixes like i was a fucking rabbit, brewer's yeast sprinkled on my cornflakes for breakfast (or was that wheat germ? it was shit anyway) and she bought this fucking SPROUT growing abortion from a friend selling some MLM shit, 3 layers of ridged plastic shelves in a transparent container. You buy the sprout beans from the company (at 10x the price of your local grocer or even herbal/health shop) lay em out, water em, and a week later I was eating fucking sprouts in everything from PB sammitches to pasta. Thankfully this torture phase didn't last more then a couple of months before she got bored of it and the $100 sprout grower (in today's $ more like $500) sat on a high shelf gathering dust after she tried to pawn it off on everyone she knew.

Damn why did the update feature not tell me there are more gr8 MLM stories gone on since mid-August? This is the best thread on the farms. (the Yaniv mess dosen't count, since it's a full forum of faggotry now)
It was wheat germ, the same damn thing happened to me, only it was entirely wheat germ, it was like grape nuts only worse. And yeah, that grass algae shit was so awful, when my friend fell for that and tried to give it to us one night her husband and I went and got a steak. She showed up ten minutes later and nothing was said. I feel your pain and I am so sorry you had to go through the Health Food Mom phase. The shit will scar you for life.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was wheat germ, the same damn thing happened to me, only it was entirely wheat germ, it was like grape nuts only worse. And yeah, that grass algae shit was so awful, when my friend fell for that and tried to give it to us one night her husband and I went and got a steak. She showed up ten minutes later and nothing was said. I feel your pain and I am so sorry you had to go through the Health Food Mom phase. The shit will scar you for life.
Thank you, CC. I completely share your pain as well. And yes, it did scar me for life. I have a hard time looking at any 'health' product with anything but extreme suspicion.

As for mom, she never entire left the phase as much as she just got lazy and instead started buying caselots of whatever Vitatree crap Dr. Bowring was selling on the home shopping channel at the time, then forcing bottles of it on anyone who ever had the misfortune to have a cold or mention they were feeling a bit tired, etc around her. It got to the point that my wife and kids never wanted to visit her house but only have Grandma come over to our place, because she could only fit so many bottles to give away in her purse. :\

Last edited:

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
I actually know a guy who pours wheat germ on his grape nuts flakes. I assume he has some kind of golden throat that lets him swallow the food equivalent of gravel for breakfast

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Pretty good video.

I wasn't aware that Avon is the one legitimate MLM, so thank you for letting me know. To be fair with how notorious Amway and other major MLMs are it's quite easy (and generally not a bad thing) to assume the worst where they're concerned.
You can make money off of selling but that doesn't mean they aren't scamming people through the membership system.

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net
I completely agree. That shit was hell.
I like the taste of Grape Nuts, but I usually have to let it sit in milk first, otherwise... yeah, it's like eating gravel.
A story about Scentsy: I knew a woman who had signed her foster kids up for an Angel Tree a couple of Christmases ago. One of the boys wanted a wagon, other kid wanted some Barbies and clothes for them.

The people in charge of the Angel Tree didn't properly vet the donations; turns out a Scentsy rep had taken every tag from the tree, (about 22) and used a sob story on her website to get people to buy scented, stuffed bears for "her charity."

She got the credit from Scentsy for buying the bears, but none of the kids on the tree got what they asked for. The foster mom told me that some of the other kids had asthma, and the smell of the bears triggered attacks. And the stuffed bears weren't even nice ones, just some cheap, made in China crap.

When the rep was confronted about what she did, her attitude was that the kids should be glad they got anything for Christmas, and the foster agency should be glad for her donation instead of complaining.

Foster mom was a bit irritated about the agency not vetting the gifts, but she understood that no one could have forseen something like this happening.
I hate people that fuck with charities for their own ends. I know not every charity is on the up and up, and if you frag up some scam artist's gig, more power to you. But please don't fuck with the ones that are trying to do a good thing.

Spicy Tacos

kiwifarms.net

I believe Angel Tree used to allow people to wrap the gifts. They’ve changed the rules now where they ask people to not wrap them.

That person sounds terrible. I can’t think of a worst gift than a smelly bear.

Cheesegirl78

kiwifarms.net
I believe Angel Tree used to allow people to wrap the gifts. They’ve changed the rules now where they ask people to not wrap them.

That person sounds terrible. I can’t think of a worst gift than a smelly bear.
My friend told me the foster agency changed the rule to unwrapped gifts only, and absolutely no scented gifts of any kind.

M

MY 405

kiwifarms.net
My friend told me the foster agency changed the rule to unwrapped gifts only, and absolutely no scented gifts of any kind.
This is reprehensible. Those poor kids. Our office adopted a family one year for Christmas, and got their wish list and everyone of us had such a good time shopping for them. Those of us who had no spouses or kids had the greatest time going to Toys R Us and having an excuse to buy Barbies and pick out outfits, and just get stuff we'd outgrown years before. It brought us all together, everyone had fun, and it was such a wonderful feeling to know that we actually DID get that family everything on their wish list, plus some extra surprises. I can't believe someone would be so damn nasty and stupid to do this. I would've called Scentsy Corporate and given them an earful about her.

Cheesegirl78

kiwifarms.net
This is reprehensible. Those poor kids. Our office adopted a family one year for Christmas, and got their wish list and everyone of us had such a good time shopping for them. Those of us who had no spouses or kids had the greatest time going to Toys R Us and having an excuse to buy Barbies and pick out outfits, and just get stuff we'd outgrown years before. It brought us all together, everyone had fun, and it was such a wonderful feeling to know that we actually DID get that family everything on their wish list, plus some extra surprises. I can't believe someone would be so damn nasty and stupid to do this. I would've called Scentsy Corporate and given them an earful about her.
The rep didn't even buy one bear for the Angel Tree herself, she just conned others into it, and got a bonus from the sales.
She was dumb enough to include her business cards with each bear, so I know she got an earful from some of the other foster parents. She had a website as well, that's how people found out about her scam.
My friend and some of the other parents were able to get most of the items the kids really wanted, so it had a somewhat happy ending.

tasty humane burger

hokey cokey, pig in a pokey!
kiwifarms.net
The rep didn't even buy one bear for the Angel Tree herself, she just conned others into it, and got a bonus from the sales.
She was dumb enough to include her business cards with each bear, so I know she got an earful from some of the other foster parents. She had a website as well, that's how people found out about her scam.
My friend and some of the other parents were able to get most of the items the kids really wanted, so it had a somewhat happy ending.
What a disgusting woman. I hope she got herself in massive debt for being so selfish in the first place.

Tags
None