Multi-level marketing/pyramid schemes and the people who fall for them -

IBrokeBob

kiwifarms.net
This is one of my favorite threads so I am happy to have it spring back to life. If you are looking for something good to watch on MLMs then may i suggest going to youtube and checking out "munecat" for her excellent ,entertaining but educational videos on mlm.

she researches the companies and presents the case against them very well and her videos are very well done. She is definitely not another bored housewife or aspiring influencer rambling on. She brings facts, fun moments and even writes a few funny songs that are spot on. She has a good voice and is nice to listen to as well.

Munecat exposing Arbonne

tasty humane burger

hokey cokey, pig in a pokey!
kiwifarms.net
Since we are reviving this thread, I should really sort my screenshots out and post some highlights. I'm a little bit obsessive when it comes to MLM's and watch huns I know irl like a hawk to see what stupid shit they post.

The latest one from my hometown seems to be knock off perfumes? I was added to a group and just thought it was one girl selling ones she bought from Ebay or something but I've now been added to about three groups and it appears to be an MLM, although they seem to get a fair bit of sales since nobody can resist a £10 knock off Chanel No 5, apparently.

From a quick look, this screenshot sticks out as seriously dumb. I sent this to someone who suffers with Chron's and they got Hella mad. The stupidity in all of this is something else.

20200331_031241.jpg

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Since I've been bored as fuck and hate MLMs, I spent most of last week doing research on MLMs and hunting MLM lolcows (surprisingly few actual lolcows out there, although there are plenty of individual posts, etc that are funny).

Honestly, I think a lot of bigger lolcows could be semi-successful* in MLMs, as long as it was one of the less scammy ones. Like, I can see Chris doing one that has a low buy-in cost and doesn't require him to do anything but post a link where people can order "from" him, and his enablers and people wanting to "troll" him would eat that shit up, at least for a little while.

Also, I've been searching to see which MLMs are the least shitty. Avon (which is an MLM, although they've tried to put a ton of space between themselves and other MLMs, even go so far as to leave the Direct Selling Association, a trade group that lobbies for the MLM industry), Tupperware, and Pampered Chef are probably the least terrible, in that they don't appear to require much to join, the products are decent quality, and they don't try to squeeze every last drop of blood out of their "consultants."

Aside from the essential oils and shitty clothes and jewelry ones (and Amway of course), the financial ones are my least favorite. I knew a guy who was basically a slumlord (he would buy cheap-ass houses in the ghetto and rent them out). Once he got someone to sign a lease, he would then turn around and try to sell shitty life insurance and annuity products that his ignorant tenants didn't need, which he would get a commission on. He presented himself as a financial adviser to these people, which, if you're getting a commission, you're a salesman, not an adviser. But it was okay, because he volunteered at his church, so obviously he's a good guy and trying to help people. :roll:

*=by semi-successful, I mean a few hundred extra buck a year after any expenses, which is about the best someone not near the top of the MLM pyramid could do in most situations

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since I've been bored as fuck and hate MLMs, I spent most of last week doing research on MLMs and hunting MLM lolcows (surprisingly few actual lolcows out there, although there are plenty of individual posts, etc that are funny).

Honestly, I think a lot of bigger lolcows could be semi-successful* in MLMs, as long as it was one of the less scammy ones. Like, I can see Chris doing one that has a low buy-in cost and doesn't require him to do anything but post a link where people can order "from" him, and his enablers and people wanting to "troll" him would eat that shit up, at least for a little while.

Also, I've been searching to see which MLMs are the least shitty. Avon (which is an MLM, although they've tried to put a ton of space between themselves and other MLMs, even go so far as to leave the Direct Selling Association, a trade group that lobbies for the MLM industry), Tupperware, and Pampered Chef are probably the least terrible, in that they don't appear to require much to join, the products are decent quality, and they don't try to squeeze every last drop of blood out of their "consultants."

Aside from the essential oils and shitty clothes and jewelry ones (and Amway of course), the financial ones are my least favorite. I knew a guy who was basically a slumlord (he would buy cheap-ass houses in the ghetto and rent them out). Once he got someone to sign a lease, he would then turn around and try to sell shitty life insurance and annuity products that his ignorant tenants didn't need, which he would get a commission on. He presented himself as a financial adviser to these people, which, if you're getting a commission, you're a salesman, not an adviser. But it was okay, because he volunteered at his church, so obviously he's a good guy and trying to help people. :roll:

*=by semi-successful, I mean a few hundred extra buck a year after any expenses, which is about the best someone not near the top of the MLM pyramid could do in most situations
Pampered Chef is definately not as shitty as the rest. My ex-wife bought a few of the items at a party some years back, and while the stoneware baking tray is excellent and gets better/cleans easier the more you use it, as advertised (I cannot make my famous 'ghetto chicken' on anything else without burning it) they have some seriously shitty items too, like their 'starfrit' knock-off can openers and pizza cutters and such, and their slap-chop knockoff which is an absolute piece of Chinese garbage.

One thing that struck me was during the party that the host mentioned but never felt the need to push the fact that you could start your own pampered chef business etc. etc. and was just as happy if you bought a small item or two, and she didn't feel the need to host the fucking things twice a week. Much better then the plague of Huns selling Yonique or Luluroe or the rest of that shit.

I bet MLM Huns are in a rough place right now with the Covid panic. Especially the sex-toy sellers.

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
Since we are reviving this thread, I should really sort my screenshots out and post some highlights. I'm a little bit obsessive when it comes to MLM's and watch huns I know irl like a hawk to see what stupid shit they post.

The latest one from my hometown seems to be knock off perfumes? I was added to a group and just thought it was one girl selling ones she bought from Ebay or something but I've now been added to about three groups and it appears to be an MLM, although they seem to get a fair bit of sales since nobody can resist a £10 knock off Chanel No 5, apparently.

From a quick look, this screenshot sticks out as seriously dumb. I sent this to someone who suffers with Chron's and they got Hella mad. The stupidity in all of this is something else.

View attachment 1209205
A post like this could kill somebody. There are desperate people tired of taking ten different pills for something and not getting any better. If this person us even for real about the crohns I would love to have seen the look on that doctor's face. :lol:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
One thing that struck me was during the party that the host mentioned but never felt the need to push the fact that you could start your own pampered chef business etc. etc. and was just as happy if you bought a small item or two, and she didn't feel the need to host the fucking things twice a week.
This is more or less my mom's memories of Tupperware, Avon, and other such parties back in the 80's and early 90's. Casual, no pressure to buy, and not a word about joining the company unless you were interested in doing so on your own. Very different from the aggressive Amway pitches, and others that more closely follow their model.

Robert Sanvagene

Autistic Lives Matter™
kiwifarms.net
I've crossed paths with a few MLM enthusiasts in my time.

The most outrageous (and funniest) encounter was back in the early oughts. I'd just bought a new car and I was selling my old car. Some old dude phoned me to make a time to see the car, as he wanted to come and look at the car for one of his grandkids (allegedly). Seemed legit; it wouldn't be the first time a grandparent bought a car for one of their grandkids.

He came around, we went for the test drive and about a minute into the drive he pulled over and asked it if was OK for him to test the stereo by playing a tape. I didn't think this'd be a problem... until I realised it was a fucking Amway motivational tape.

The rest of the test drive was awkward.

He offered to leave the tape with me and get back to him if I was interested. I politely declined.

I now keep my cars until they're completely fucked. At least the guy at my friendly local junkyard (probably) isn't going to try and sell me Herbalife or some shit whilst putting my old car on the back of his truck.

Robert Sanvagene

Autistic Lives Matter™
kiwifarms.net
I didn't even clock that and copied their spelling in my post above. I'm turning into a hun.
u ok? pm me x

I've noticed - from my experience - that they tend to be very conspicuously Christian. Like before even getting involved, they attribute literally every single event in their lives to God.
Damn near every Jehovah's Witness I've ever known has been involved with at least one MLM over the years.

That said, JW is the MLM of religions, so it makes sense.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Do fucking tech support scam revenges count?

They had CCTV cameras in their office building and he was able to remote view from the camera's perspective. It's a 4 part series and quite good.
I tried to look for a Tech Support scammer thread, but couldn't find one. I've seen some other videos about people turning the tables on the scammers (and I agree they do Godbear's work), but this full 4-part series was quite informative and eye-opening in terms of the operations, how they try to launder their shady activity, and how they're so prolific that it's probably impossible to make a meaningful dent into their operations.

I wish I had thought to screen-cap it when it was available, but I saw someone last week claiming that Arbonne products were helping the person in their efforts to avoid contracting COVID-19. I think most that don't blindly consume MLM health supplements would press X to doubt. At best, they probably do nothing; at worst, it wouldn't surprise me if they made the symptoms worse if someone tried taking them as a cure.

Reactions: The Un-Clit

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish I had thought to screen-cap it when it was available, but I saw someone last week claiming that Arbonne products were helping the person in their efforts to avoid contracting COVID-19. I think most that don't blindly consume MLM health supplements would press X to doubt. At best, they probably do nothing; at worst, it wouldn't surprise me if they made the symptoms worse if someone tried taking them as a cure.
People who claim their MLM crap will help with the Wu Flu without being a retard who was informed by their uplines that this is so and spreading it in ignorance, but who actually KNOW this is bullshit have a seat waiting for them on the 6" wide Buttplug of Sandpaper and Venomous Barbs along with the cockgobblers selling completely useless masks and disposable gloves as well as TP at 1000+ % markup.

booklover

kiwifarms.net
Many MLMs are aime
u ok? pm me x

Damn near every Jehovah's Witness I've ever known has been involved with at least one MLM over the years.

That said, JW is the MLM of religions, so it makes sense.
Many MLMs are aimed at Mormon women, and LuLaRoe is one of the better examples of this.

There's actually a PBS show about Tupperware that was made in the 1990s, and it last aired on my local channel a few years ago. Seriously, it's that good.

I've had cancer, and had to see my oncologist about a month/lifetime ago. There's a big sign stating that people entering the office or chemo rooms (a place I never had to go 🥳 ) must not wear scented lotions, perfumes, or essential oils, due to increased odor sensitivity by other patients. If someone wants to use essential oils at home to relieve nausea or increase appetite, I'm OK with that, but it isn't a substitute for standard medicine.

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
Many MLMs are aime

Many MLMs are aimed at Mormon women, and LuLaRoe is one of the better examples of this.

There's actually a PBS show about Tupperware that was made in the 1990s, and it last aired on my local channel a few years ago. Seriously, it's that good.

I've had cancer, and had to see my oncologist about a month/lifetime ago. There's a big sign stating that people entering the office or chemo rooms (a place I never had to go 🥳 ) must not wear scented lotions, perfumes, or essential oils, due to increased odor sensitivity by other patients. If someone wants to use essential oils at home to relieve nausea or increase appetite, I'm OK with that, but it isn't a substitute for standard medicine.
Many MLM's are started by Mormons, the church believes in making money (prosperity gospel?).
Lularoe, Younique, there are many others that are founded by Mormons.

IBrokeBob

kiwifarms.net
I had a friend whose child died unexpectedly. Her son was her whole world. While she was still greiving, a hun took advantage of her and signed her up for younique. It was so sad to see. She was clearly still deep in grief. I was so disgusted by younique. Luckily she quit after a few months.

She was such a sweet girl. We met her because she save one of my family members when he had a horrific wreck. The vehicle flipped upside down in a ditch, with my family member trapped under the vehicle , face down in the mud and mucky water. Without hesitation she jumped into the ditch and held his head on her lap while she calmed him down until the ambulance got there. No doubt he would have died without her. Sad to see such a sweet soul get scammed by the huns.

Tags
None