Multi-level marketing/pyramid schemes and the people who fall for them -

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Sounds like your client is exactly who MLMs are marketing towards. They hope people don't know enough to look deeper and see what a scam it is.
The other thing about it is, I'm not sure if they're an active seller for them, or they just buy through a family member or something. Either way they're out several hundred dollars on essential oils that can be had cheaper through legit retailers, and "motivational" CDs meant to brainwash.

Even if we could do something about it, I would be weary about bringing up the subject with my team. A lot of people still see even more notorious schemes like Mary Kay as legit business. My luck I'd bring it up and at least one person on my team would defend doTerra and essential oil use beyond just enjoying a scent.

• Feels
Reactions: The Un-Clit

IBrokeBob

kiwifarms.net

Anyone see this yet? Vemma is my personal pyramid scheme of choice and this was lulzy.
Thanks for the recommendation. I love a good mlm expose video.

On an mlm related note- a woman named rachel hollis is frequently featured as a speaker at mlm "conventions" . She knowingly encourages these women to continue their mlm delusions. She knows damned well that mlms are predatory and set up for people to fail. She acts like people can achieve her level of success but frankly she is the daughter of a Pentecostal preacher who dropped out of college, moved to LA and married a millionaire who was a Disney exec.

So rachel hollis and her husband have frequented the mlm circuit a lot and have reaped a lot from it. I dont know how they can look those desperate mlm victims aka"business owners", in their faces and encourage them to chase something that is almost 100% guaranteed to end in failure and debt.

Thats what pisses me off. she does not have to do this for money. She has had success in other areas and could easily choose to focus on them but instead she and her husband decided to become motivational speakers and lead people to financial disaster. Thats a shitty human right there.

She wrote a smarmy advice book called "Girl, wash your face" that is geared towards women. you may have heard of it. She is also known for her shmaltzy quotes, stupid advise for job recruits and she often plagiarized by stealing her quotes from other authors and claiming they were written by her.

Then she also gives marital advice along with her obnoxious husband who is a bully type person, who she says " will battle you to the death". Well he sounds like lovely spouse, doesnt he? So they give smug marital advice via podcast or live video feeds ,i think. Well anyway, surprise, they filed for divorce about 2 weeks ago!

Munecat made her amazing deep dive into rachel, her husband and their businesses. She had nothing good to say about their marriage. Then they announced their divorce days later after the video appeared. I wonder if they saw that video before they filed divorce paperwork, lol.

PS Munecat is worth subbing to. she has done videos on Arbonne, Lularoe, and Devil Corp( aka , The Landers Group, Cydcor, Quantum, Granton Marketing, Innovage, The Cobra Group, Smart Circle, DS Max, etc.) which is a job scam.

She does excellent research, does a profession presentation and i do love her voice with the British accent.

anal_upset

kiwifarms.net
Gentlemen, Ladies, Ladies with dicks.

I wanted to bring to your attention a company called "Coast 2 Coast Events, LLC"

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, on a job which sounded very vague. This happens from time to time but generally recruiters have to be vague at first to help protect customer confidentiality. By that I mean if you sell bearings for a living, the last thing you want is to have a horde of recruiters running around screaming that "ACME Bearings does not have a salesman in -x- region right now" because it can negatively affect their sales since there is nobody working damage control in that sector/region.

Anyways, I responded to the recruiter and she gave me a call and it immediately sounded like bullshit. The wording was all fucked up, the description was all fucked up, and it was visibly a scam because the only qualities she could hit on was my "industry experience" and "hunter mentality". She did sound hot though and I would have coomed if given the chance. I politely declined and they pestered me 2-3 more times the next few days.

A couple of weeks later I get a call from a good friend of mine who lives ~2.5hrs away in another state and said he was coming over to crash at my house that night because he had an interview in the morning. No problem, he comes over, and that night we talk about the opening. It sounds similar to my phone call but given his background (masters in accounting, very smart and buttoned up kind of dude) i'm not really linking 2 and 2 together. The recruiter told him to meet her at her recruiting office and did not divulge client details. Again, a bit vague, but all part of the process.

My friend shows up after having driven 200 miles for what he was told was a solid interview for a marketing and sales analyst for a sports-related company. He walks in, dressed in business professional, with briefcase, etc. and finds two women who seem to be putting on a "OH YOU GO GIRL" sort of act, talking openly about how much they love working there, etc.

He tells me that he signs in and is ushered into a room with ~10 other candidates and is introduced to this company "Coast 2 Coast Events, LLC". Being a smart guy, he gets fairly frustrated and straight up asks what the fuck the deal is and gets a huge runaround on how the company does "customer engagement" and all of these bullshit buzzwords (seriously, read their website. It looks like someone took ketamine and listened to a motivational sales tape). a handful of the other candidates seemed to have the same experience, having driven from far away, some having gotten hotel rooms and been told it was an executive interview.

The core of it is that they are a company who staff the cell phone and cable kiosks at Wal Mart, the mall, and other similar places. Very similar MLM strategy. 1099 form, 100% commission, etc. I think they pay you hourly time but you are only allowed to collect ~3 hrs a week in the office or something.

---
The reason why I wanted to bring this to this thread is not because of the shit job title, the obvious shilling on their GlassDoor account, or the overall scummieness of their approach. The reason I brought this here is because they are specifically wasting the time of business professionals. Going into the hood and hiring unemployed dudes to do a shit job is one thing, but this company is actively soliciting business professionals with 6 figure jobs and luring them in with false pretenses. I have been seeing their job postings pop up on LinkedIn with titles like " Sales Manager" to "Industrial Key Account Manager" to "Sports Marketing Manager", etc.

Beware. These scumbags are getting more and more clever with their approach.

Last edited:

Constellationzero

kiwifarms.net

I wanted to bring to your attention a company called "Coast 2 Coast Events, LLC"

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, on a job which sounded very vague. This happens from time to time but generally recruiters have to be vague at first to help protect customer confidentiality. By that I mean if you sell bearings for a living, the last thing you want is to have a horde of recruiters running around screaming that "ACME Bearings does not have a salesman in -x- region right now" because it can negatively affect their sales since there is nobody working damage control in that sector/region.

Anyways, I responded to the recruiter and she gave me a call and it immediately sounded like bullshit. The wording was all fucked up, the description was all fucked up, and it was visibly a scam because the only qualities she could hit on was my "industry experience" and "hunter mentality". She did sound hot though and I would have coomed if given the chance. I politely declined and they pestered me 2-3 more times the next few days.

A couple of weeks later I get a call from a good friend of mine who lives ~2.5hrs away in another state and said he was coming over to crash at my house that night because he had an interview in the morning. No problem, he comes over, and that night we talk about the opening. It sounds similar to my phone call but given his background (masters in accounting, very smart and buttoned up kind of dude) i'm not really linking 2 and 2 together. The recruiter told him to meet her at her recruiting office and did not divulge client details. Again, a bit vague, but all part of the process.

My friend shows up after having driven 200 miles for what he was told was a solid interview for a marketing and sales analyst for a sports-related company. He walks in, dressed in business professional, with briefcase, etc. and finds two women who seem to be putting on a "OH YOU GO GIRL" sort of act, talking openly about how much they love working there, etc.

He tells me that he signs in and is ushered into a room with ~10 other candidates and is introduced to this company "Coast 2 Coast Events, LLC". Being a smart guy, he gets fairly frustrated and straight up asks what the fuck the deal is and gets a huge runaround on how the company does "customer engagement" and all of these bullshit buzzwords (seriously, read their website. It looks like someone took ketamine and listened to a motivational sales tape). a handful of the other candidates seemed to have the same experience, having driven from far away, some having gotten hotel rooms and been told it was an executive interview.

The core of it is that they are a company who staff the cell phone and cable kiosks at Wal Mart, the mall, and other similar places. Very similar MLM strategy. 1099 form, 100% commission, etc. I think they pay you hourly time but you are only allowed to collect ~3 hrs a week in the office or something.

---
The reason why I wanted to bring this to this thread is not because of the shit job title, the obvious shilling on their GlassDoor account, or the overall scummieness of their approach. The reason I brought this here is because they are specifically wasting the time of business professionals. Going into the hood and hiring unemployed dudes to do a shit job is one thing, but this company is actively soliciting business professionals with 6 figure jobs and luring them in with false pretenses. I have been seeing their job postings pop up on LinkedIn with titles like " Sales Manager" to "Industrial Key Account Manager" to "Sports Marketing Manager", etc.

Sounds EXACTLY like a Devilcorp.

IBrokeBob

kiwifarms.net

---

I think i mentioned this video before because it is so good. Its all about devil corp and even has video from within their businesses and meeting. They expose the scripts and the rules. They interview former employees. Its definitely worth the watch. They are so devious in how they recruit employees and how they are always changing the company name.

• Informative
Reactions: The Un-Clit

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
A Pure Romance hun lives in my building, apparently. Hopefully she doesn't host many dildo parties.

PS Munecat is worth subbing to. she has done videos on Arbonne, Lularoe, and Devil Corp( aka , The Landers Group, Cydcor, Quantum, Granton Marketing, Innovage, The Cobra Group, Smart Circle, DS Max, etc.) which is a job scam.

She does excellent research, does a profession presentation and i do love her voice with the British accent.
Her Lularoe videos are really good.

---

Not an MLM, but still scammy as fuck. When I finished my master's a few years ago, I couldn't find a job, so I ended up posting my resume on, among other sites, Monster and ZipRecruiter. For months, I would get calls from this company, as well as a few others, saying I had applied to a job they had available (I hadn't), and they wanted me to come in for an interview. On more than one occasion, I went off on them.

I've never had them hit me up on LinkedIn, but, then again, my LinkedIn is pretty bare bones and doesn't even have a picture up, so maybe that's why.

Reactions: IBrokeBob

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Actually in my experience this is generally a bad sign. Any company worth their salt can be easily researched, and won't be vague in the job description, unless they're recruiting for a shit position. Almost every time someone would get in contact with me (without submitting an application beforehand), it was almost always a cattle call for a call center. And they never admit this until they get you to commit, so they just say it's customer service until you do. Then, surprise, it's a sales commission position at a call center. "Customer service" indeed.

This was actually a bit of a problem the last time I was looking for a job, because my out of touch boomer mother didn't understand why I was hanging up on "perfectly good" job offers and flipped out more than once. Until I had her listen to several such calls on speaker phone.

The rest of the time it's an outright scam, often using the name and location of a legit business to hook people in with. Or using a third party company to do the job listings and recruitment for them. Really shady shit, I'm surprised that's normal in the field you work in.

To keep it relevant to the topic at hand, I had plenty of unsolicited emails from obvious scams, but never once was one of them for a pyramid scheme/MLM. I would've posted the email for a good laugh if I did.

• Feels
Reactions: millais
Tags
None