Multi-level marketing/pyramid schemes and the people who fall for them

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Guess what came back to haunt my family?
You guessed it, fucking Herbalife again.
My German stepfather got diagnosed with a kidney tumor and osteosarcoma (cancer) in the pelvis area of the bone. Stepmom got contacted by many people obviously worried about him, but among those there was a hun who proposed guess what - Herbalife.
Immediately blocked.

Fuckin' hell.

I never ceases to amaze me how MLM's can turn completely normal people into ravenous no-scruples anything for a sale and/or a downline clone of their Hun recruiter. Trying to benefit off people's fear, pain and suffering is the goddamn lowest of the low of human behaviour.

Last edited:

Dwight Frye

kiwifarms.net
Had a friend in my early college days fall for Cutco/Vector Marketing. Nothing dramatic or interesting came of it, he got in, got suckered out of a few hundred buying his demonstration kit, realized it was a pyramid scheme and quit.

My question is how can people not immediately recognize these scams when they see them? Its clear as fucking day they're sketchy, alarm bells should be going off in your head the nanosecond one of their recruiters try to weasel up to you, or you see one of their ads. How do they keep conning so many people?

An Account

kiwifarms.net
Had a friend in my early college days fall for Cutco/Vector Marketing. Nothing dramatic or interesting came of it, he got in, got suckered out of a few hundred buying his demonstration kit, realized it was a pyramid scheme and quit.

My question is how can people not immediately recognize these scams when they see them? Its clear as fucking day they're sketchy, alarm bells should be going off in your head the nanosecond one of their recruiters try to weasel up to you, or you see one of their ads. How do they keep conning so many people?
Combination of the sunk-cost fallacy and room temperature IQ.

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tastefully melting away the snowflakes. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Guess what came back to haunt my family?
You guessed it, fucking Herbalife again.
Sadly, I'm not surprised. Herbalife seems to be surfacing where one least expects it these days.

There's a post-grad basketball academy in Nevada that uses "Herbalife24" as part of its team's nutritional plan.
cap-herbalife.png

The idea of Herbalife being hawked by the team's founder as a way to help aspiring elite-level athletes doesn't sound much better than those who promoted illegal performance-enhancing drugs in the past for similar reasons.

(Edited to add links and avoid doubleposting)

(archive link)

Trying to benefit off people's fear, pain and suffering is the goddamn lowest of the low of human behaviour.
Or trying to benefit off of someone else's desire to gain some sort advantage -- or a supposed competitive advantage in the case of this post-graduate basketball program.

For the US$22000 in tuition and fees per individual (and $13000 extra for those choosing to live on campus) being charged, this academy should be able to afford a more reputable and beneficial nutritional supplement plan than Herbalife.

Last edited:

Monika H.

Your friendly neighborhood gravedigger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuckin' hell.

I never ceases to amaze me how MLM's can turn completely normal people into ravenous no-scruples anything for a sale and/or a downline clone of their Hun recruiter. Trying to benefit off people's fear, pain and suffering is the goddamn lowest of the low of human behaviour.
Sadly, I'm not surprised. Herbalife seems to be surfacing where one least expects it these days.

There's a post-grad basketball academy in Nevada that uses "Herbalife24" as part of its team's nutritional plan.
View attachment 1882099

The idea of Herbalife being hawked by the team's founder as a way to help aspiring elite-level athletes doesn't sound much better than those who promoted illegal performance-enhancing drugs in the past for similar reasons.

(Edited to add links and avoid doubleposting)

(archive link)

Or trying to benefit off of someone else's desire to gain some sort advantage -- or a supposed competitive advantage in the case of this post-graduate basketball program.

For the US$22000 in tuition and fees per individual (and $13000 extra for those choosing to live on campus) being charged, this academy should be able to afford a more reputable and beneficial nutritional supplement plan than Herbalife.
Yeap.
I don't know, Herbalife really seems one of the most predatory.
One thing is approaching someone with the proposal of easy money & success, but approaching someone struggling with painful health conditions or cancer is pretty vile.

I have a special hate for them. First they approached with some guilt tripping about our miscarriage before we finally had our daughter; and now my ailing stepfather.
Fuck those people.

Monika H.

Your friendly neighborhood gravedigger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bumping this thread to life with a fresh story.
Some of you might know I have a lawyer friend who's kind of a Communist sperg, but overall is a good guy. So him, his daughter and me have started scheduled evening podcasts on the likes of ''Ask the professional'' - he is a lawyer so he does law, I'm an accountant so I talk about money stuff, the daughter is a graphic designer who works on ads so she talks about marketing (legitimate one) and advertising.
Partecipation is free ofc and everyone is welcome to ask questions on the topic of the podcast, naturally we do get our free publicity from all this. We talk about topics such as Covid, work issues, tips to save money or on particular situations, etc.
We usually get around 20-30 viewers for podcast which is not bad.
Last Friday we talked about, you guess what? MLMs, which have started to plague our country even worse than 'rona-chan.
I didn't mince my words regarding them and my friends too outlined what was wrong with MLMs in legal and marketing terms. Things got crazy. Viewers skyrocketed to 80-90 and many were people agreeing, others were hunbots who started spamming the comment sections with ''Not true!!111!'' ''You are negative people!1111'' and lots of 🤣🤣🤣🤣 retarded smiles.
Even a so called guru who lives in Hong Kong for some reason barged in first being friendly and all, then losing his shit and calling us ''fascists''.

I've checked the guy's page on Saturday's morning and he had put a big photo of himself smiling in his pool with a writing of the like ''Never let negative and toxic people take away your smile''. I read the comments and while he didn't drop our names he said he was stressed because ''negative people in the world try to drain my energy.'' Fucking lol.