Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

A Seagull

I'll shit on your wife's tits.
kiwifarms.net
I went to see spider man on Sunday and had a lovely spoonie/munchie produce a shiztu she smuggled in into the theater out of a gym bag.
When management came up she said it was a service dog. (Had no vest on to identify it as such) Management asked for ID and she scrolled through her phone for a couple of minutes before whining how she "couldn't find it", making management give up.
At least the doggo itself was well behaved.
She smuggled it back out in the same gym bag.

iluvmylife

kiwifarms.net
Sarah-Jean uploaded a new vlog today (which I’m too lazy to link at moment) and I’m 99.9999% sure she will be gunning for EDS diagnosis now. Y’all—her knees have subluxed seven times! She stated this after filming herself hanging from her ankles on her aerial yoga thing/sex swing. I just wish she would hurry up and film another trip to doctor because she’s been so dull lately!

sootsprite

ススワタリ
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for being a noob but can someone link me to the first/info post about Sarah-Jean? She's a new cow to me!

Dr. Celery MD

I know how youse kids like 'em sloppy.
kiwifarms.net
I'm beginning to wonder what happened to chronically.court. There's been nothing new on IG since May 30th, and nothing new on YT since February. Surely she hasn't given up begging for asspats.
I think the backlash from her Cambridge mask fiasco temporarily scared her, but I'm sure she'll be back before too long. Munchies gotta munch.

Anyways. I’ve got a new subject I’d like to bring up. Her name is Moe, legal name Megan, and she’s got that hEDS (while showing 0 hypermobility)/POTS (so bad she needs saline infusions multiple times a week. Never tried PT, florinef, midodrine, beta blockers. Doctor shopped her way into this port, and she shows it off every chance she gets... see attached)
Ohhhhh boy, I've been watching her for a while! She gets all the munchie points.

Constant medical emergencies and ER visits? Check. 2.7.18.jpg 3.2.17.jpg 4.16.jpg 4.19.17.jpg5.30.17.jpg 7.24.17.jpg 10.10.17.jpg

Super dramatic crying pics? Check. 2.24.17.jpg

Making yourself look like a cancer patient? Check. 2.25.17.jpg 2.27.17.jpg

Trying to make it look like you don't want a port? Check. 3.2.18.jpg

Almost immediate problems with said port? Check. 10.24.18.jpg

Long drawn out medical saga because of an INGROWN FINGERNAIL? Check. 3.20.17.jpg 3.20.17 (2).jpg

Pictures of totally benign blood tests that literally everyone getting a physical gets? Check. 3.22.17.jpg

Constant medical emergencies conveniently timed during vacations/events when all the attention's not on them? Check. 3.27.18.jpg 8.12.17.jpg

In the hospital one day and going to Disney the next? Check. 4.4.17.jpg 4.6.17 (2).jpg 4.6.17 (3).jpg

So mad when they send you the wrong Vogmask size that you have to post about in on Instagram? Check. 4.6.17.jpg

Showing off her puke buckets? Check. 5.11.17.jpg 12.8.17.jpg

Showing off your "abdominal swelling"? Check. 5.29.17.jpg

Constant opiate talk? Check. 6.7.17.jpg 6.11.17.jpg 12.14.17.jpg

Trying to convince people she's going to die? Check. 6.13.17.jpg

Wheelchair from a random person's garage? Check. 6.21.18.jpg

Former ED? Check. 6.24.17.jpg

Being in 10/10 pain from mild arthritis? Check. 8.6.18.jpg

Calling your pet your "service dog" exactly once? Check. 10.29.17.jpg

IV Benny? Check. 12.12.18.jpg

Whatever the fuck this is? Check. 6.27.17.jpg

Basically, she's amazing.

Here's an article from The Mighty about her recent straw debacle, and the original tweet.

You can also buy a t-shirt with a cartoon version of her face on it for only $20!

Attachments

Chicken Picnic

aka crippled picnic
kiwifarms.net
Because it makes them the sickest one. Anyone can get a feeding tube these days. If you wanna be in the big leagues you have to have TPN. You always have to be stepping your game up. It’s all competition. Dani’s been exercising and probably thinks she’ll be able to not eat and extercise enough to negate the calories. Except she can’t stop eating.
Honestly its the want for things like PICCs that weirds me out the most. They gross me the fuck out and you're awake when they put them in which is even worse lmao. The idea of being awake whilst someone threads a tube up your arm is enough to put me off any meal.

Redandvino

kiwifarms.net
Jesus fuckoff Christ those goddamn teeth are abhorrent.
IIRC she’s getting them fixed but was allergic to something the dentist used (complete w reaction pics and everything. I’ll try and find it) so she had to wait a bit longer? Not sure what stage she’s at now bc I haven’t followed for a while oops

Get Fisted

I believe you have some jism on your wizard sleeve
kiwifarms.net
IIRC she’s getting them fixed but was allergic to something the dentist used (complete w reaction pics and everything. I’ll try and find it) so she had to wait a bit longer? Not sure what stage she’s at now bc I haven’t followed for a while oops
She looks like she's allergic to the fucking dentist. Sweet shit, that mouth has more fucking bacteria in it than the CDC.

pinkbutterfly

kiwifarms.net
The straw argument is such fucking bullshit. If you need a straw that badly, carry some with you. buy a box of 100 and stuff them in your purse. Problem solved. Or they make nice reusable ones with their own carrying cases, even ones that partially collapse or are made of silicone so you can roll them up and make them smaller. And they're cheap as all hell. My local aldi just had an 8 pack of stainless steel ones on sale for $4. If you can remember to grab your phone, keys, and wallet before you leave your house you can remember to grab a LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION!!!! straw.

This was linked in the article above - it is a ridiculously long list of excuses about why they can't do this. I mean seriously, in the time it took to come up with all of these, they could have solved the original problem about 10 times over...

Luckily it includes a quick and easy reference chart! (Who knew single-use straws were so amazing, huh?)

1562848882201.png

Why I need a straw...
1562849083200.png

But some of it's too personal to explain...
1562849125417.png

It's dangerous to ask for one...
1562849194758.png

It goes on and on and on. I have no idea if their illnesses are legit or not but the argument is amusing all the same!

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
I went to see spider man on Sunday and had a lovely spoonie/munchie produce a shiztu she smuggled in into the theater out of a gym bag.
When management came up she said it was a service dog. (Had no vest on to identify it as such) Management asked for ID and she scrolled through her phone for a couple of minutes before whining how she "couldn't find it", making management give up.
At least the doggo itself was well behaved.
She smuggled it back out in the same gym bag.
See, that kind of shit really pisses me off. If I had been that manager I'd have asked for ID and when she didn't produce it she would have been asked to leave. I don't coddle these people. They know the fucking rules. She knew the rules that's why she snuck a fucking dog in a duffle bag. It's not like sneaking some cheeky snacks or drinks in a large purse. We're talking about a living, breathing animal. A pooping and peeing animal. While it was well behaved it still had no place there and that bitch knew it or she wouldn't have felt the need to sneak it in. Hell, it's not like it's that fucking hard to certify an emotional support animal. We all remember Carrie Fishers little pug that went literally everywhere with her. Just follow the rules.
Honestly, it's not even the dumb bitch that brought the dog. I love dogs so it wouldn't have really annoyed me, but it's the response from the manager. I'm sick of these cunts acting like everyone in the entire world should cater to their every whim. There are rules, bitches. Sorry, it sucks, but that's life. If you want Fido on your lap in a movie theater then be prepared to show proof that it's medically necessary in some way. If you can't, then we'll refund your money and you can come back when you can provide some proof.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net

This was linked in the article above - it is a ridiculously long list of excuses about why they can't do this. I mean seriously, in the time it took to come up with all of these, they could have solved the original problem about 10 times over...

Luckily it includes a quick and easy reference chart! (Who knew single-use straws were so amazing, huh?)

Why I need a straw...
View attachment 836384

View attachment 836387

View attachment 836389

It goes on and on and on. I have no idea if their illnesses are legit or not but the argument is amusing all the same!
How in the eternal blue fuck is any straw of any kind a choking hazard? Using a straw is universal. It's vacuum suction. The substance used to create that vacuum means fuck all. Are these dumb bitches eating them? FFS. They are the fucking worst.

sootsprite

ススワタリ
kiwifarms.net
In some cases EDS can actually cause severe dental problems. From the colour of hers I wonder if she was legitimately ill as a child and her enamel didn't grow properly.

How in the eternal blue fuck is any straw of any kind a choking hazard? Using a straw is universal. It's vacuum suction. The substance used to create that vacuum means fuck all. Are these dumb bitches eating them? FFS. They are the fucking worst.
They can be choking hazards if the person using the straw is given an alternative made of say, wheat, or paper, and has no discern as to what they bite/chew on (like if they're very autistic). But most people who need straws don't have this issue.

Kate Farms Shill

Why kill time when you can kill yourself?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah crap, I'm about to write a novel about why it's not my job to provide anyone with the tools they need in life...

I have been trying to stay off this soap box because once I start you cannot shut me the fuck up so I'm real real fucking sorry the straw thing came up.

So a big debate in my field right now is how to make historic sites that are open to the public fully accessible to people with disabilities. Previous thought was to simply not do this – at least in the US, historic properties listed under the National Register of Historic Places are not required to be ADA compliant because if they were all those beautiful historic house museums would need elevators for the relatively small percentage of wheelchair users and people who can't walk up a flight of stairs. So the solution was to make compromises. Put a wheelchair ramp up the back entrance so people could get in and at least experience the first floor but the front sight lines weren't destroyed. Sometimes a small room would be prepared off to the side of the main tour with large color photographs and a floor plan, maybe some examples of the furniture, so that people who couldn't make it upstairs could see what was up there. Some places would have a small scale model of the house/site exterior or really prominent features like, say, a monument the place was known for so that the blind could feel it and get a sense of what it looked like. These are all small things that don't unnecessarily disrupt the integrity of the site. More recently things like touch panels and interactive tables are installed to help people get a feel for the house using 3-D rendering. These new technologies are coming along really quickly and there's always some new interactive that blows everyone's mind with how it enhances the visitor's experience without diminishing the site's integrity.

With this new "everyone must cater to me" tyranny of the minority bullshit, people are getting increasingly radicalized on the idea that every single site must cater to every single disability and to hell with the site integrity. Like all things with these people, it's a moving goal post. You install a wheelchair ramp in the back and they freak out because it's making them second-class citizens who can't use the front entrance. You install it in the front and it's an argument about why there's no elevator. Put in an elevator and they'll complain the doors are too narrow to get in and out of. You can't ever make them happy. It's a mess. Pretty soon you end up with a site that no one can enjoy because the 0.5% of visitors in wheelchairs have been catered to at the expense of the site itself and everyone else. And if people can't enjoy your site for its historic value, people don't come, people don't pay to get in, the site shuts down and is bought by some developer who knocks it down for townhouses. It's the "if I can't have it neither can you!" toddler game.

And whose disabilities do we cater to? If I own a small site with almost no budget that does guided tours and one of my visitors is deaf, do I have to provide an intepreter or is that on them to come with someone who can interpret for them? Can I just hand them a pritned copy of the tour script or is that ableist too? At what point can I claim it's too expensive to keep someone who can interpret ASL on my staff just in case a deaf person walks in? Do i have to build a sensory room for autism or is it on the parents/caregivers of autistic people to remove them from the situation if it becomes overwhelming? Nursing rooms for women with babies who don't want to pop a boob out in public or feed in the restroom or should it be on them to suck it up and bring a bottle? Do I have to put up shades at my battlefield site for people on chemotherapy who can't be out in the sun too long, or should they bring sunscreen, a parasol, and appropriate clothings? If older or sick people get tired early into my tour is it my job to provide them with wheelchairs for the rest of it or should they have known in advance this was going to be too much and come with their own?

In short, because of the huge diversity of human beings and their needs, you will never make a site full accessible. There will always be people excluded.

But this doesn't stop sites from trying to implement these changes without considering the consequences or the long-term because they want to look woke NOW because if you don't try to look woke NOW you have these little fuckwits protesting your site and putting you on blast on social media and try to "cancel" you or what the fuck ever.

This is not to say that there shouldn't be reasonable accommodations. I am all for unobtrusive "camouflaged" ramps, even on the front of the house, that allow wheelchair access. I'm all for making a large-print version of my map so that the visually impaired can get around or providing text of my tour script so that hearing impaired visitors can get the information, so on so forth. But lines need to be drawn because these people who want to identify as disabled and have some accommodation to feel special will keep pushing for more until there's nothing left. They don't really want the accommodation anyway. They want the fight. They want to look like they're being discriminated against and on a crusade to fix injustice.

They're not seeing disabled people as people but as objects they can use to get more woke points. They don't want to listen, they want to speak for everyone and make it about themselves.

tl;dr the percentage of people who need any one accommodation is small but the percentage of people who need (or just would prefer) an accommodation is large and it is not reasonable to expect every place to cater to every need.

Both sides of the straw argument are bullshit IMO. Everyone's got their panties in a twist about straws being THE WORST but don't care that everything we purchase is in cello-wrap that gets chucked in a landfill, too. This is not a problem that's getting better – I'm sure everyone saw that little social media badass who licked an ice cream and put it back in the freezer chest for internet points? Yeah, how much you wanna bet every ice cream brand is about to put plastic seals over their product? Straws are a drop in the fucking well. Yeah, avoid them if you can, but this whole debate started because a single viral video of a turtle with one stuck up its nose. What about all the photos of dead birds with bellies full of plastic bottle caps, disposable lighters, etc? No one cares about that becausE STRAWWWWS!!!! It's slacktivism at its finest. I don't want to make a big difference in my life so here's something small to make me look like I give a fuck.

On the other side, if you need a straw to drink a liquid, bring one. Or ask for one. Why should we keep handing them out with every drink by default just so that this tiny percentage of people who need one don't have to be embarrassed – I'm sorry, subject to V I O L E N C E – when they ask for one? I'm sure 99.99999% of the time if you ask for a straw the person goes 'okie dokie' and hands you one. Just like most of the time when smokers ask for ciggs at a convenience store they don't get the asshole clerk that says "you know those things will kill you." The cashier, the waitress, the barista... does not care about you. That person is thinking "I wonder what I'll watch on Netflix when I get home. I hope my asshole roommate didn't eat the last slice of pizza. Oh you want a straw? Yeah whatever, here's 20, knock yourself out."

lol aren't those the teeth you get when you suck on a pacifier for too long as a toddler/preschool aged child?
Looks like purging to me. The erosion in the front ones especially. Compare it to chronically.amy/beloved_journey_ who had normal teeth until a few years ago when they wore in the exact same way... the same time she lost weight because muh gastroparesis!!!

img_20130702_031707.jpghqdefault_live.jpg

Last edited:

Munchie_Minder

Bringing attention, just not the kind you desire.
kiwifarms.net

Why I need a straw...
View attachment 836384

View attachment 836387

View attachment 836389

Did you see where a woman died when she tripped and a metal straw impaled her through her eyeball?!

Last edited:

TwoFiftyTwoPM

Let's not talk about that
kiwifarms.net
Ah crap, I'm about to write a novel about why it's not my job to provide anyone with the tools they need in life...

I have been trying to stay off this soap box because once I start you cannot shut me the fuck up so I'm real real fucking sorry the straw thing came up.

So a big debate in my field right now is how to make historic sites that are open to the public fully accessible to people with disabilities. Previous thought was to simply not do this – at least in the US, historic properties listed under the National Register of Historic Places are not required to be ADA compliant because if they were all those beautiful historic house museums would need elevators for the relatively small percentage of wheelchair users and people who can't walk up a flight of stairs. So the solution was to make compromises. Put a wheelchair ramp up the back entrance so people could get in and at least experience the first floor but the front sight lines weren't destroyed. Sometimes a small room would be prepared off to the side of the main tour with large color photographs and a floor plan, maybe some examples of the furniture, so that people who couldn't make it upstairs could see what was up there. Some places would have a small scale model of the house/site exterior or really prominent features like, say, a monument the place was known for so that the blind could feel it and get a sense of what it looked like. These are all small things that don't unnecessarily disrupt the integrity of the site. More recently things like touch panels and interactive tables are installed to help people get a feel for the house using 3-D rendering. These new technologies are coming along really quickly and there's always some new interactive that blows everyone's mind with how it enhances the visitor's experience without diminishing the site's integrity.

With this new "everyone must cater to me" tyranny of the minority bullshit, people are getting increasingly radicalized on the idea that every single site must cater to every single disability and to hell with the site integrity. Like all things with these people, it's a moving goal post. You install a wheelchair ramp in the back and they freak out because it's making them second-class citizens who can't use the front entrance. You install it in the front and it's an argument about why there's no elevator. Put in an elevator and they'll complain the doors are too narrow to get in and out of. You can't ever make them happy. It's a mess. Pretty soon you end up with a site that no one can enjoy because the 0.5% of visitors in wheelchairs have been catered to at the expense of the site itself and everyone else. And if people can't enjoy your site for its historic value, people don't come, people don't pay to get in, the site shuts down and is bought by some developer who knocks it down for townhouses. It's the "if I can't have it neither can you!" toddler game.

And whose disabilities do we cater to? If I own a small site with almost no budget that does guided tours and one of my visitors is deaf, do I have to provide an intepreter or is that on them to come with someone who can interpret for them? Can I just hand them a pritned copy of the tour script or is that ableist too? At what point can I claim it's too expensive to keep someone who can interpret ASL on my staff just in case a deaf person walks in? Do i have to build a sensory room for autism or is it on the parents/caregivers of autistic people to remove them from the situation if it becomes overwhelming? Nursing rooms for women with babies who don't want to pop a boob out in public or feed in the restroom or should it be on them to suck it up and bring a bottle? Do I have to put up shades at my battlefield site for people on chemotherapy who can't be out in the sun too long, or should they bring sunscreen, a parasol, and appropriate clothings? If older or sick people get tired early into my tour is it my job to provide them with wheelchairs for the rest of it or should they have known in advance this was going to be too much and come with their own?

In short, because of the huge diversity of human beings and their needs, you will never make a site full accessible. There will always be people excluded.

But this doesn't stop sites from trying to implement these changes without considering the consequences or the long-term because they want to look woke NOW because if you don't try to look woke NOW you have these little fuckwits protesting your site and putting you on blast on social media and try to "cancel" you or what the fuck ever.

This is not to say that there shouldn't be reasonable accommodations. I am all for unobtrusive "camouflaged" ramps, even on the front of the house, that allow wheelchair access. I'm all for making a large-print version of my map so that the visually impaired can get around or providing text of my tour script so that hearing impaired visitors can get the information, so on so forth. But lines need to be drawn because these people who want to identify as disabled and have some accommodation to feel special will keep pushing for more until there's nothing left. They don't really want the accommodation anyway. They want the fight. They want to look like they're being discriminated against and on a crusade to fix injustice.

They're not seeing disabled people as people but as objects they can use to get more woke points. They don't want to listen, they want to speak for everyone and make it about themselves.

tl;dr the percentage of people who need any one accommodation is small but the percentage of people who need (or just would prefer) an accommodation is large and it is not reasonable to expect every place to cater to every need.
I have literally never thought of it from this point before. Very interesting points.

Tags
spoonies

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino