Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

thirsttrap12345

kiwifarms.net
Edit to Add: The people who claim MCAS and have long haired service dogs and cats and carpet and abuse IV Benny are my favorite.
Oh 100%. I love when Chroniz Zebra the MCAS Princess DOG SITS (bc she’s too disabled to work a FT job!) and is practically sleeping with the dog yet recently had a bone marrow biopsy to “confirm” Mastocytosis. Ummm no. That’s not how this works.

Not worth the risk. If it's actually a service dog, it's illegal to ask for id/evidence under ADA. If you're already certain it's not a service dog, you can skip asking and just kick them out.
Totally okay and legal to ask what task the SD is trained to do. I forget the specific language but I’m sure someone will correct me. Just can’t outright ask what someone’s disability is, and there are no IDs or certification for SDs anyway.

whatsevenhappening

kiwifarms.net
Totally okay and legal to ask what task the SD is trained to do. I forget the specific language but I’m sure someone will correct me. Just can’t outright ask what someone’s disability is, and there are no IDs or certification for SDs anyway.
There are two questions a business can ask:

1) is that a service dog?
2) what task does the dog perform?
(The task must be a trained task that directly mitigates a person’s disability)

Service dogs are not required to be certified or carry ID. They also are not legally required to wear a vest.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
Can someone from England explain this? Does England still require elevator operators?
No, more like pp says with staff ratios.

England and most of Europe has a LOT more historic buildings than the USA. ‘Mind the gap’ is a thing because you can actually fall between the train and the platform in most stations. Most trains /urban buses have a separate ramp and the conductor or driver will need to get out and put that down which takes time. There are regular buggy vs wheelchair wars on the buses.

Disabled access is a genuine issue and anywhere that can be adapted without wrecking it IS adapted because that’s the law -but the UK is actually pretty good especially with all the older buildings we have. Most of Europe lags behind the UK in access terms. Most of the more modern buses can ‘kneel’ . Use of public transport is much more common here as well, many European towns are a nightmare to drive in with very little parking so getting the bus, tram or train is better .

It’s still not perfect though. The buses that service where I live don’t all have disabled access and at least a third have 3-4 steps over a metre high in total to the entrance.

So there are genuine access issues in some places BUT people are very accommodating. I’ve never used a wheelchair but using a baby buggy I’ve had people do stuff like carry it over a pile of snow for me, lift it up station steps etc and generally fall over themselves to help. I just do not believe that a polite young woman in a wheelchair would have much aggro. My experience has been that people in the uk offer help, and will gladly help if you ask. Many, many times travelling with a baby I have had guys carry my luggage on the train, get bags into the overhead compartments etc, people LIKE to help. It makes them feel good.

As long as you’re not an asshole to them.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Holy fuck, this is so bad. Who took that pic Amanda? Cause, I'm thinkin' its your right arm. And why is the IV there? With a bandaid over it? No one would take you to CVS for more appropriate IV dressings?

Edit; Is she laying on paper towels on a leather chair trying to pretend it's the ER? The longer I look at this the more glorious it becomes.
It's most certainly her taking the pic. Look at the folds on her shirt and the absence of that limb. If you're going fetal or whatevs then that arm would be down and to your side. JFC. And, I think I can see a pattern on the "paper" behind her so I'm going with tissue paper like the kind you wrap a parcel with or paper towels. Also, the "IV" line doesn't have anything attached to it and doesn't look like there is the actual port (not a medfag so I don't know what it's called, but I mean that larger plastic thing that goes over the needle). It's literally tubing and a bandaid. WTF?

Ms.bojangles

kiwifarms.net
It's most certainly her taking the pic. Look at the folds on her shirt and the absence of that limb. If you're going fetal or whatevs then that arm would be down and to your side. JFC. And, I think I can see a pattern on the "paper" behind her so I'm going with tissue paper like the kind you wrap a parcel with or paper towels. Also, the "IV" line doesn't have anything attached to it and doesn't look like there is the actual port (not a medfag so I don't know what it's called, but I mean that larger plastic thing that goes over the needle). It's literally tubing and a bandaid. WTF?
But who does she think she's actually fooling with that bandaid? The only reason for a bandaid to be there is to cover the lack of a puncture. No nurse or tech would secure an iv with a damn bandaid...

• Agree
Reactions: Dad and Whatthefuck

Chicken Picnic

aka crippled picnic
kiwifarms.net
I know illnessfakers has discussed Amanda Marnoff (Ren) of Beads of Strength to death, but her latest attention-seeking attempt is unbelievably funny:
View attachment 837199

I like her. She's dumb as fuck and she has no shame or self-awareness. She's only 18 or 19, so I think one day she'll be a Kelly Ronahan level munch.
omg thats hilarious, where is that line meant to be? That's some strange ass vein placement lmao

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Queen
kiwifarms.net
But who does she think she's actually fooling with that bandaid? The only reason for a bandaid to be there is to cover the lack of a puncture. No nurse or tech would secure an iv with a damn bandaid...
Do hospitals even stock band aids in america? Where I live the hospitals don't use them at all. If you get blood taken or something small like that they cover it with some cotton wool and tape. Stitches etc are covered with big square plasters even home care nurses who change dressings etc don't have band aids.

Kate Farms Shill

Why kill time when you can kill yourself?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do hospitals even stock band aids in america? Where I live the hospitals don't use them at all. If you get blood taken or something small like that they cover it with some cotton wool and tape. Stitches etc are covered with big square plasters even home care nurses who change dressings etc don't have band aids.
Any drug store near her or amazon would have provided more legitimate supplies for pretty cheap, up to $10-15 if she wanted to splurge for Tegaderm IV dressing. Problem is that would have shown that there's no needle in her arm. It's just an extension set taped in place.

Munchie_Minder

Bringing attention, just not the kind you desire.
kiwifarms.net
Oh you know those all-important oddly placed IM access lines. :story:
Interestingly, someone said something about that being the weirdest IV placement they’ve ever seen on reddit and the Sepsis queen herself remarked that “that is the only thing that was legit”. IF is such a cesspool.

Kate Farms Shill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dani's being sent home on TPN and having a nurse tell her what to do to set it up aka teaching her exactly how easy it is to give yourself sepsis with a central line.
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.05.50.png

Kat is showing off a wide variety of "PICC covers" which are actually compression/UV sleeves marketed to athletes, possibly because cute PICC covers do not fit or because her wardrobe of size XXXL tee shirts would cover a normal-person sized PICC cover. Also she's wearing arthritis gloves again.
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.07.24.png

Nina Jean is being force to decide between dying of heart problems and dying of anaphylaxis because she's super duper allergic to the only drug that does anything for her ... POTS. What happened to the hypertrophic cardiomyopathy you were dying of a few months ago?
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.09.48.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.09.50.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.09.51.png

Sarah-Jean is now making excuses for why she can do fun shit she wants to when she wants to, while leaving room for a "relapse" when it suits her. A certain deceased Disney lover would be proud of this. Claims in 2012 a random person punched her in the face and left her for dead to explain why she was wearing a costume eye patch for a photo shoot. Surejan.gif.
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.17.50.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.17.38.png

And she devoted an entire video to her VOG mask collection, like said Disney lover did with her leggings and "flowy shorts" during a particularly dull slump.

Jan is selling photos of her dead friend on Patreon. (Thanks to redditor /u/doesyourporthanglow for this)
qmfzvlfsqr931.jpg

Jonzie, predictably, almost relapsed after romanticizing her heroin addiction the other day and was in line at the store with whatever paraphernalia one can purchase at the store. Spoons? A lighter? Who knows. Thankfully she called Dr. Wonderful, her PCP, and took up 30 minutes of her time. Much love to the Jonzie leak, as per usual.
5DADB1F4-FA83-42DE-8A1F-A6A7EAF4E987.jpg6A4ACCA1-35F5-4C07-9AA4-1DC980099AF7.jpgA9C4F6A6-CB0E-4364-BE19-36A6D2C07ADE.jpg

Anal-eze changed her name legally and is apparently being made to wear tard mittens while in the hospital?
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.26.56.png

Cassie is now claiming her scapulae are subluxing constantly and she is currently composed of 97% adhesive tape by volume
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.30.14.png

ALF is trying to scam the WeGo Health awards she nominated herself for. (thanks to Redditor /u/ilikiitlikethat)

And IF mods are banning anyone who posts here or in IFAftermath.

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly really stunned to learn that service animals are not required to wear any kind of uniform, the owners are not required to carry a license card of some kind, and they aren't required to be certified.

It's incredibly stupid. They're asking for people to bring an aggressive dog into a restaurant under the guise of service and it attacking a waiter.

summerandtempest

masturbating to the pages of the DSM-5
kiwifarms.net
Is this still Mama Bear? Or has Jonzie found a new doctor to latch onto? Also, Jonzie really needs a therapist she can call when she’s struggling to cope or a hotline of some kind. If I were a PCP, I would a) not give out my cell phone number and b) redirect the patient to a hotline or something because it’s not my job to talk them through their addiction crisis and I probably wouldn’t have the time. I’d also be pissed if a patient called me at 9:30 at night for that.

Kate Farms Shill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly really stunned to learn that service animals are not required to wear any kind of uniform, the owners are not required to carry a license card of some kind, and they aren't required to be certified.

It's incredibly stupid. They're asking for people to bring an aggressive dog into a restaurant under the guise of service and it attacking a waiter.
Yep. A big problem with the fakers is their dogs may behave well enough... until a real service dog (or another fake for that matter) walks in the door and it goes bananas and attacks. Dogs can be perfectly sweet to humans and stay calm and "professional" in public but also have serious dog aggression or reactivity issues. Jaye who is discussed a lot on the subreddit had a reactive animal named Hero that she would bring to service dog meet ups and then when it bit other dogs she'd go bananas over how it wasn't her fault. She's gone back and forth on "retiring" him, now that she has a new puppy. But she's also gotten him into "bitework" which is a dogsport technique that involves biting and holding onto a human decoy on command, then releasing on command – totally absolutely 100% unsuitable for a service dog to be doing.

The problem is if you make them carry some ID or proof of training, they'll just fake that, too. There's plenty of companies who will "register" a service dog for you and provide a legit-looking ID with the ADA law printed on the back.

Is this still Mama Bear? Or has Jonzie found a new doctor to latch onto? Also, Jonzie really needs a therapist she can call when she’s struggling to cope or a hotline of some kind. If I were a PCP, I would a) not give out my cell phone number and b) redirect the patient to a hotline or something because it’s not my job to talk them through their addiction crisis and I probably wouldn’t have the time. I’d also be pissed if a patient called me at 9:30 at night for that.
Pretty sure it's a different doctor but can't be certain.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
I've had a bandaid after the IV or maybe a blood draw, but that's it. There is no way in hell anyone would secure an IV with one. They typically use that surgical tape kind of stuff that's kind of see through.

Tags
spoonies

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino