Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

homewayhalf

kiwifarms.net
Theres
Esme is just as bad as Porochista. They used to be "blood sisters" and go to treatment together but had a falling out and no longer follow each other on social media. I had never heard of Esme before and didn't come across her name in the 15 minutes of research I did, so that's my bad for omitting this important plotline.

I have ama archived and a bunch of other things redditor sent me to upload later, but I am in the middle of a billion things.
wow, that’s fascinating. I wish there was enough interest for a literary drama thread lol. Them and Roxane Gay. So Esme’s whole thing is that she has schizophrenia - I really enjoyed her collection, it was really well written and had a real voice - but like PK, she avoided a lot of specifics and her story was very disjointed. I have no doubt she’s mentally ill though, but she often went on about how she presented as perfectly fine because she wore expensive clothes. Like girl I’m pretty sure if you’re going through mania a Gucci dress isn’t going to stop people from noticing.

Edit: just googled Esme Wang and Lyme and she claims to have late-stage too! Lol I don’t remember that from her book.

Found this essay where she details going with PK. I remember reading it but being under the impression that it was just Esme trying to find out what was wrong with her, not that she had Lyme. Jesus.

Last edited:

Maxie

Tubey to the max
kiwifarms.net
Found this essay where she details going with PK. I remember reading it but being under the impression that it was just Esme trying to find out what was wrong with her, not that she had Lyme. Jesus.

Reading that essay will give you schizophrenia for fucks sake. No of course it's something that doesn't exist that's causing your psych issues not the fact you were crazy to start with.

Kate Farms Shill

"a whiny terfina" - Discord.com
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Edit: just googled Esme Wang and Lyme and she claims to have late-stage too! Lol I don’t remember that from her book.

Someone sent me a fuck ton of Esme/PK receipts last night that I'm still sorting through but holy shit. These two lovebirds were just made for each other. I wonder if IRL munchie olympics is what did in their friendship.
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 20.01.58.png

homewayhalf

kiwifarms.net
Someone sent me a fuck ton of Esme/PK receipts last night that I'm still sorting through but holy shit. These two lovebirds were just made for each other. I wonder if IRL munchie olympics is what did in their friendship.
View attachment 930317
I like how Esme claims they're getting cured but in all her references to it she talks about how awful she feels when it's done.

IBrokeBob

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 930317
Props to you for all you do for this thread. I love a good read with excellent research and you hit the mark every time.

Spicy Tacos

kiwifarms.net
EDIT: To add so I browsing the facebooks as one does and came across rather this rather depressed sad sizcohenia looking pup who had to finish high school thow become axengy ridden. only to be voted the most likely to become the next "warning I bite dog at the shelter" from none of that of COS mbp mother of the year

Are own(er)ed trained pets allowed to come school?
It’s soo sad that medical technology hasn’t advanced where it could take a person’s blood sugar readings throughout the day and night.

I don’t know if this next person qualifies but her continuing adventures with her deformed glowworm pug are really creeping me out..

I think what I found the most creepy was that the dog died but Amanda CPRed it back to life.

Yesterday the rescue warned people about their comments. :cunningpepe:

Kate Farms Shill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It’s soo sad that medical technology hasn’t advanced where it could take a person’s blood sugar readings throughout the day and night.

I don’t know if this next person qualifies but her continuing adventures with her deformed glowworm pug are really creeping me out..

I think what I found the most creepy was that the dog died but Amanda CPRed it back to life.

Christ, because pugs aren't deformed enough on their own?

dopedodo

fat bird
kiwifarms.net
I like how Esme claims they're getting cured but in all her references to it she talks about how awful she feels when it's done.
Welcome to "chronic Lyme" - the neverending munch. Google "herxing" for some "killing the Lyme is killing me" bullshit.

edit: a herx reaction is a real and medically dangerous thing, they just use it to describe feeling shitty after treatment

Spicy Tacos

kiwifarms.net
Jesus god put that poor animal out of its misery. Watching it crawl around is making me sick.

And on second inspection it appears to be a frenchie...
You’re right! It is a frenchie

The crawling is upsetting as well as seeing how much it struggles to breathe. Having a wheelchair bound dog is really “in” right now among the animal rescue crowd.

I wish veterinarians wouldn’t operate on these dogs, but if they don’t do it they get harassed to death, literally.

Lissamine Green

Adjacent to trash is trash
kiwifarms.net
Theres

wow, that’s fascinating. I wish there was enough interest for a literary drama thread lol. Them and Roxane Gay. So Esme’s whole thing is that she has schizophrenia - I really enjoyed her collection, it was really well written and had a real voice - but like PK, she avoided a lot of specifics and her story was very disjointed. I have no doubt she’s mentally ill though, but she often went on about how she presented as perfectly fine because she wore expensive clothes. Like girl I’m pretty sure if you’re going through mania a Gucci dress isn’t going to stop people from noticing.

Wait is Roxane Gay a Munchie? If so I NEED details, I am oddly fascinated by her bullshit.

Can someone help a fellow retarded kiwi out? I'm just digging into this rescue and I'm absolutely horrified. Who am I looking at? Is this bald chick one of our cows? I can't fucking stand anyone who abuses or otherwise uses/exploits animals for their own gain (I'm looking at you S-J). That poor pug. Put it out of it's misery for fucks sake. It's the definition of euthanasia and the humane thing to do.

Sorry for the dumb y'all.

Kate Farms Shill

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You’re right! It is a frenchie

The crawling is upsetting as well as seeing how much it struggles to breathe. Having a wheelchair bound dog is really “in” right now among the animal rescue crowd.

I wish veterinarians wouldn’t operate on these dogs, but if they don’t do it they get harassed to death, literally.
I mean I don't necessarily think every wheelchair dog is in dire need of euthanasia. I've seen doggos who were in accidents that broke their spine or lost limbs to bone cancer, and the wheelchair hardly slows them down. But then those same doggos have owners who know when enough is enough and it's time to say goodbye. In case people didn't click through and read the captions, Chickpea has to be held at a specific angle basically whenever she's awake and wrapped when she sleeps so she can't roll over and suffocate. It is terrified of its wheelchair and laboriously drags its deformed back end around while it nearly pants to death from the exertion because its lung capacity is so reduced and, as a brachycephalic (snub-nosed) breed, it already would have likely had breathing problems even if it didn't come out looking like a fucking cashew nut with a dog head glued on.

You cannot claim this dog has any quality of life. Even Freckles has more opportunity to just be a dog than this thing.

Can someone help a fellow exceptional kiwi out? I'm just digging into this rescue and I'm absolutely horrified. Who am I looking at? Is this bald chick one of our cows? I can't fucking stand anyone who abuses or otherwise uses/exploits animals for their own gain (I'm looking at you S-J). That poor pug. Put it out of it's misery for fucks sake. It's the definition of euthanasia and the humane thing to do.

Sorry for the dumb y'all.
Amanda Giese, who is the star of the Animal Planet show Amanda to the Rescue. She doesn't have cancer or alopecia or claim to have either, so the hair is just a style choice. Not a munchie, just a rescuer of "special needs" dogs, most of whom are not nearly as horrifically deformed as this one. Not really sure why she came up. Kind of the "fundie mom of tard baby" of the dog world.

Theres

This is besides the point but I'd be very interested in a literary drama thread.

dopedodo

fat bird
kiwifarms.net
I mean I don't necessarily think every wheelchair dog is in dire need of euthanasia. I've seen doggos who were in accidents that broke their spine or lost limbs to bone cancer, and the wheelchair hardly slows them down. But then those same doggos have owners who know when enough is enough and it's time to say goodbye. In case people didn't click through and read the captions, Chickpea has to be held at a specific angle basically whenever she's awake and wrapped when she sleeps so she can't roll over and suffocate. It is terrified of its wheelchair and laboriously drags its deformed back end around while it nearly pants to death from the exertion because its lung capacity is so reduced and, as a brachycephalic (snub-nosed) breed, it already would have likely had breathing problems even if it didn't come out looking like a fucking cashew nut with a dog head glued on.

You cannot claim this dog has any quality of life. Even Freckles has more opportunity to just be a dog than this thing.
So the dog is Lola Hartley then.

Overbreeding is such a fucking shame. My friend's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel died at 5 years because its head was too small for its brain and it seized to death. I feel so sad when I see bulldogs, pugs, frenchies etc snorting and wheezing their way around the parks. Ditto German Shepherds and their shitty genetic hip problems.

oliver91

kiwifarms.net
As our beloved agonyautie head continues to let her head swell from her “fame” of speaking at conferences and traveling, she seems to have been miraculously cured from her EDS...or forgetting to put on the daily facade of being “disabled” with EDS- as she ditches her wheelchair, walks around in heals, and even more vigorously “stem dances”! In her most recent, she showcases beautifully her lack hypermobility, or even general flexibility! Both knees, both elbows, and hips are not even close to the minimum 10 degree measurement of hyperextending that is required to qualify as a point for that joint on the beighton score as part of an EDS diagnosis. This would disqualify her from being diagnosed with hEDS regardless of other issues.

1A092AAC-98F0-4EBC-A699-592A59281F59.png7541B83D-0406-4024-8738-79E2AE8A2A24.png2FCCA05D-5710-4B70-8004-4A5364AF4823.png