Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Bubonic_Vague

kiwifarms.net
me too! I loved a good Morgellon's tale
Morgellons are the best. It's usually some middle-aged woman going through perimenopause who refuses to acknowledge that shifts in hormone balance lead to body temp fluctuations and resultant itchiness, plus whatever self-medicating she's doing to deal with natural ageing processes instead of educating herself. Scratch that itch until it's raw, instead of taking steps to limit skin irritation? OMG FIBRES IN MY GRAZED AND IRRITATED SKIN = TARGETED INDIVIDUAL.

Just put down the wine bottle after dinner and Ibuprofen the next morning Sharon, you'll feel better already.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Morgellons are the best. It's usually some middle-aged woman going through perimenopause who refuses to acknowledge that shifts in hormone balance lead to body temp fluctuations and resultant itchiness, plus whatever self-medicating she's doing to deal with natural ageing processes instead of educating herself. Scratch that itch until it's raw, instead of taking steps to limit skin irritation? OMG FIBRES IN MY GRAZED AND IRRITATED SKIN = TARGETED INDIVIDUAL.

Just put down the wine bottle after dinner and Ibuprofen the next morning Sharon, you'll feel better already.
Fat, female and forty hits hard.

I'm sad we never had an outbreak of Morgellon's here. It was mostly chemtrails causing their fibro to flare up after they go on a long rant about how their grandkids never call them anymore.

Bubonic_Vague

kiwifarms.net
Fat, female and forty hits hard.

I'm sad we never had an outbreak of Morgellon's here. It was mostly chemtrails causing their fibro to flare up after they go on a long rant about how their grandkids never call them anymore.
The latest trendy reason for fibro and CFS on my FB feed is "geo-engineering". Weather patterns being forced on us by...I don't even know who, the ubiquitous "They"? Apparently, fake weather is causing all kinds of flareups that render woos and Munchies incapable of basic life functions.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

And a teardrop emits from Reshiram's eye
kiwifarms.net
The latest trendy reason for fibro and CFS on my FB feed is "geo-engineering". Weather patterns being forced on us by...I don't even know who, the ubiquitous "They"? Apparently, fake weather is causing all kinds of flareups that render woos and Munchies incapable of basic life functions.
Do morgellon's and chem-trail conspiracy tards blame the jews for everything like most other conspiracies?

Moby Dork

kiwifarms.net
Ah well, I lost the Paige deathpool, but I return to the internet with gifts. People on IFGW found Paige's mom's account on a support group for parents of eating disordered children. At the start she is is hemming between Paige being controlled by her eating disorder and being convinced her daughter wants to eat but can't because of physical problems. Eventually becomes convinced that Paige has recovered from her ED and is suffering lifelong severe consequences of it. Slowly realizes Paige is making herself sick, that she abuses her medications and refuses physio or to keep up on her hygiene. Ends with her flat-out saying Paige has munchausen and she has cut all ties with her because Paige made false abuse claims against her. Miserable little cunt she is.

Warning, hearing this shit from her mom's perspective is kinda fucking heartbreaking. Parents did everything to help her and she shat all over their efforts. By the time mom started posting Paige had already been IP 8 times, tried to kill herself in front of her siblings, was unable to attend school, had thrown most hopes of a future out, and was living in a residential treatment facility that was apparently unable to force her to do anything to keep herself alive, therefore requiring her parents to have weekly battles to get her stabilized at a hospital.

While we have no specific proof this is her (as in, she never posts a photo or anything definitive), she makes friends on the forum that she meets IRL, and she and they sometimes slip up and refer to Paige by her name. That plus all of the details aligning with what Paige posts is enough to convince me.
View attachment 1113537

First post she made in 2015, when Paige was 16, almost 17, detailing how resistant Paige was while in ED treatment. She's in residential and keeps sabotaging her progress. Mom is miserable, sometimes suicidal, and every time she gets Paige placed somewhere she has a miracle recovery until she gets discharged to do it all over. Mom has endometriosis and needs surgery but her whole life is devoted to making Paige stop killing herself. Paige takes advantage of mom being unable to physically stop her. The other two children have developmental/processing disorders and their own therapies take a backseat to Paige's constant screeching. Dad works and Paige tries to talk him into retrieving/discharging her occasionally.
View attachment 1113533View attachment 1111506
View attachment 1113534View attachment 1113535

At home, Paige won't even drink water. (Mom explains over many posts that Paige is considered a "super refuser" and that at her worst she won't even swallow her own saliva, and that she secretly exercises whenever people aren't watching her.) Paige doesn't give a shit about consequences and knows how to manipulate everyone around her. [LSUYE = life stops until you eat] At residential, she's tube fed but still keeping herself sick. Parents have seemingly resigned themselves to the fact that she's never going to get better.
View attachment 1113538View attachment 1113544View attachment 1113554

Paige gets sectioned when she starts self harming and giving herself infections
View attachment 1113558View attachment 1113559View attachment 1113560

On Insta paige occasionally writes about how her numerous injuries as a teen were signs she had EDS. Mom explains the same injuries as artifacts of overexercise and throwing herself around. No weight gain despite being tubed.
View attachment 1113571View attachment 1113580View attachment 1113590

Paige has been attending school outside of her residential on a very limited basis just to have a social life, but upon hitting 17 (which is apparently the age for medical consent in NZ) decides she's leaving residential, leaving school, and getting into a pastry chef course. Parents use the baking course as leverage - you eat or you don't go.
View attachment 1113577View attachment 1113588

After her parents get her to eat food, Paige matter-of-factly tells them she's now a binge-purge anorexic so their efforts meant nothing. Purging has never been discussed by her team before.
View attachment 1113595

Paige finds out she has a hereditary disposition towards heart issues; is furious when the doctors tell her that's not the reason she's sick. Paige decides to starve and dehydrate herself until she gives herself heart problems.
View attachment 1113599

Despite just admitting to purging, Paige now claims the vomiting is not her fault
View attachment 1113604

Back in hospital (for "gastroenteritis"), Paige is offended that she's on 24 hour watch and that includes following her to the bathroom, and that the doctors are ignoring her gastro complaints and treat her for her ED instead. Cries to mummy until the watch is lifted. Purges in the shower and gets caught anyway. Mom keeps her at the hospital even after realizing this is just more ED bullshit because at least she's not the one having to watch her.
View attachment 1113606View attachment 1113612

Has a gastroscopy. Nothing is wrong. Paige is claiming her anorexia magically fucked off and now she's got only physical issues. Mom is skeptical to say the least. Paige uses this to divide her parents, with her dad saying to stop engaging with the mom because he believes her. Mom entertains the idea that it's gastroparesis based on what other posters say. Paige latches onto this and ends all treatment except those that might net her a GP diagnosis. Mom pretends to believe her in order to get her back on NG feeds, hopefully NJ feeds she can't purge. Tactic works and Paige agrees to a tube to keep her "gastroparesis" story intact
View attachment 1113617View attachment 1113618View attachment 1113623View attachment 1113629View attachment 1113649
View attachment 1113650

Annndd within two weeks she's sabotaged it and ended up back in the hospital with critically low potassium. Still claiming she no longer has an ED. Claims she vomits up her tube but just replaces it and carries on. Mom is now demanding NJ feeds.
View attachment 1113654View attachment 1113655View attachment 1113656View attachment 1113659

Rediagnosed with a somatic disorder. Sure, jan. Doctors no longer believe her and tell her to just fucking eat.
View attachment 1113662View attachment 1113719

Someone tries to get mom to see that her daughter is still purging, mom has a mild chimpout
View attachment 1113721

Doctors will do no more testing, nurses don't want her in a wheelchair, mom does not understand. Paige is compliant with everything.
View attachment 1113724View attachment 1113743

Mom still doubts this is actually recovery and calls Paige's version of events alternate reality. But still seeking testing and trying to get her into an intestinal failure center (they reject her as they only handle cases on TPN)
View attachment 1113750View attachment 1113752

They get her into an observation on the children and family unit. Miraculously, with someone watching her 100% of the time, she gains. Mom is now half-convinced her gastro problems are real because she threw up her tube in front of nurses, etc. Dad hates having her at the hospital. Paige is in her element. Mom is happy to have a break from Paige. But Paige turns 18 and officially ages out of this service, too. Doctors declare her cured of her anorexia, and she gets a wig for her hair loss. Mom is 100% over Paige using her anorexia as an excuse to do nothing with her life.
View attachment 1113758View attachment 1113764View attachment 1113770View attachment 1113774

Paige has an X-ray that shows gastric emptying problems (?) but doctors attribute it to an infection she picked up at the hospital. Note: mom has been asking for a GES by name so I don't think that's what Paige had here.
View attachment 1113778

Paige tanks her potassium, mom now convinced it's bulimia. Sometimes. Paige pukes on the doctor and still gets discharged. Mom thinks that, in particular, is not voluntarily because she would never~ Mom wants Paige out of her house because Paige constantly demands more "stuff" and more attention and resents anything the other kids get.
View attachment 1113786View attachment 1113793View attachment 1113794View attachment 1113802View attachment 1113805

Another gastro - another bulimia DX
View attachment 1113819View attachment 1113820

Another gastro - this one gets his hackles up because they go in demanding an NJ and nothing less. Mom talks about scrubbing vomit off the walls of her house. Doctor ultimately says NJ tube won't make a difference.
View attachment 1113832View attachment 1113834

2016 ends on a happy-ish note when Paige "graduates" the high school she barely attended. Parents see all the other kids graduate and reflect on the might-have-beens and how Paige's nonsense affects their other children, but are also happy she seems to finally be moving forward with life and will be attending her pastry course.
View attachment 1113850

In January, Mom announces that Paige really did have the gastroparesis (but that she's staying on NG tube feeding and later a PEG tube if necessary. Paige is eating and drinking, attending her culinary program, and no longer exercising. Mom is now fully convinced all of Paige's problems are real and after-effects of her ED.
View attachment 1113867View attachment 1113868

The other shoe drops. Mom starts a new thread (first in over a year) to talk about how shit life is. Paige's stomach and intestines no longer work but the hospital will won't NJ tube her. Keep telling her shit will improve if Paige eats and doesn't purge. Paige plays on their emotions because she is soooo scaaared now.
View attachment 1113869
View attachment 1113870

Paige convinces mom she's really for real dying. Mom buys a wheelchair and writes paige's eulogy (!!!)
View attachment 1113891

Late 2017, Paige gets approved for the Sad Walrus Tube Combo. On realizing that the NJ tube will prevent her from purging everything, Paige admits it was all a lie for attention but mom, now convinced Paige is really sick, dismisses this.
View attachment 1114004View attachment 1114006

NJ tube in but NG removed, Paige starts "blacking out"
View attachment 1114009

Within a few weeks Paige dislodges her new NJ tube (incidentally while her friend who has an ED is staying over, what are the odds!)
View attachment 1114014

When it's replaced, mom says the doc pierced her septum and threaded it through both nostrils. I'm guessing they actually bridled her because I've never heard of them just straight up doing that but hell, maybe. Paige tries to ruin a family vacation.
View attachment 1114016

Mom's beloved dog dies on her birthday and her bother is sickened by his classmates. Paige gets annoyed at the fact that the attention is not on her and pukes up her NJ tube then comes in with it dangling out of her mouth. Paige's doctors give her permission to insert her own NGs from now on. Mom is aware Paige is still eating/drinking things that make her sick and refusing to change her diet but thinks it's just her being stubborn and 19. This is about where Paige's current IG starts.
View attachment 1114016View attachment 1114018View attachment 1114021

Paige's real "health problems" begin in Feb 2018 with cellulitis and seizures, now that she can't just keep starving herself for mummy's attention.
View attachment 1114024

Paige moves out with a friend - mom is happy-ish.
View attachment 1114026

April 2018, Paige is diagnosed with epilepsy. Comes home for a visit and family find she's abusing her medications including morphine. After much arguing, Paige moves home. There's much to do about the morphine dose which is reduced from 10 mL every 4 hours to 4 every 6 despite paige's screeching.
View attachment 1114029View attachment 1114039View attachment 1114040View attachment 1114051

And in August, mom says that the mystery casts were, in fact, to keep paige from infecting her lines after she fucked with her PICC.
View attachment 1114058

Mom takes some of the blame for being complicit and "advocating" for Paige all the time
View attachment 1114059

Paige gets a case of the pukies whenever they try to raise her feed rate. Mom chimps out, hospital tries to section Paige, mom chimps out even more. Hospital tries legal proceedings under the apparent assumption that Mom is mbping Paige.
View attachment 1114061View attachment 1114063View attachment 1114064

Mom realizes Paige is sabotaging her own care for attention. Hospital gets her under 24/7 watch.
View attachment 1114070

Paige won't let anyone clean her, makes mom do the job. Mom realizes this total lack of hygiene is why Paige always has UTIs and various infections. Mom takes time off of being Paige's whipping boy to deal with her own health. Paige has a meltdown and cuts off all contact with them. Mom happy.
View attachment 1114075View attachment 1114076View attachment 1114077

Mom finally cuts Paige off entirely when Paige lies in court about her upbringing being abusive
View attachment 1114083

And here it is. Under 24/7 obs, Paige gains weight. With her ability to handle her own meds taken away, her potassium stops crashing. Mom realizes she has "anorexia with a healthy side of munchausen" and when Paige admit that this was all for attention back in 2017 she was, in fact, telling the truth for once. Father and middle daughter still believe Paige and it's ripping the family apart.
View attachment 1114084

Paige tries to sweet talk her way back into the family - family realizes it's because she's left stashes of opiates at their house and she has become a drug seeker. Dad still wants to be part of her life. Mom does not.
View attachment 1114095View attachment 1114096View attachment 1114097

Her last post, just a month ago. Paige came back into their lives and immediately fucked up. Mom realizes she's happy being sick, that being sick is what gives her life purpose, and she has munchausens. She decides to no longer post on an ED recovery website as her daughter's weight is restored and stable but it's made no difference, and so she cut her out of her life.
View attachment 1114107

So there it is from the horse's mouth. Paige has munchausen, her family and her doctors know it, the casts were to keep her from fucking with her lines, and they're leaving her to die because she doesn't want to live. Wow, what a ride.
JFC. This reminds me so much of what the parents of hardcore addicts go through. I feel terrible for her mom.

Zappazappa

kiwifarms.net
Most hospitals have a two poke policy. Can't get a PIV started within two attempts? Call me. I've got the ultrasound. I can also just do an anatomical stick.

So actually I'm pretty sure this is just heroin use.
ehhhh not always tiny PL time, I have had to IVs placed years back and 5 stabs in the left arm and 6 in the right, eventually they ended up using my foot.

Sevenatenine

kiwifarms.net
So, I have found a fun one. Normal EDS, POTS, MALS etc. But homebirths and cures with essential oils. View attachment 1125908View attachment 1125910View attachment 1125911View attachment 1125912
If one more person had tried to convince me to put infusers in my home, there was going to be head breaking. Half of the "enthusiasts" of essential oils are CAUSING THEIR CHILDREN'S RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS.

Yeah, hi. Childhood allergies. Don't infuse SHIT into your home. Clean it. A lot. No pets. It's very, very boring. No carpets, minimize fabrics. Wash everything. A humidifier may help, but you better be bleaching that shit weekly or more and using medical grade filters.

Your kid shows up with mild rhinitis or whatever, and then you pump your home full of airborne IRRITANTS like methol, eucaplyptus, lavender...even citrus can be an irritant. My eyes water walking into some people's houses. And I have MILD allergies. But yeah, the MLM told you they are hypoallergenic. Any adverse reactions are because you are either a) not using enough, or b) not using REAL essential oils. Because the oils don't contain any allergens.

*head explodes*

---

Also, on service pitbulls. They like the additional opportunity for drama that cross-pollinates with pibble activists. You can be oppressed for disability, your dog can be oppressed for breed. It's practially erasing your whiteness, and DEFINITELY erasing how incredibly boring and mediocre you are. Guaranteed these girls belong to 47 forums where they go and shriek about breed-specific laws and post tons of pictures of their SERVICE pitbulls. They go nicely with all the photos of babies posed recklessly with annoyed (but lazy) pitbulls.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

In conclusion, hoes mad
kiwifarms.net
Of course, she's updating with pics and not directly responding to the swarm of well wishers or explaining why she's in hospital, it's like a fucking glamour shots visit.

A "procedure"? Lobotomy? I'll fetch the butterknife!

She's been pulling this medical shit for a year. Apply for Medicaid already. But she won't, she'll be on stream ranting and clapping, she expects Twitch audiences to fund her healthcare, she must have nothing but praise for her rigorous 5 day a month schedule.

Edit: her loyal wheelchairs are heaping on the concerned replies and yet she says nothing. I wonder if this isn't some movie set a friend owns. Last time I was in hospital I didn't pause to take pics

Attachments

Last edited:

Weaverwild

kiwifarms.net
So, I have found a fun one. Normal EDS, POTS, MALS etc. But homebirths and cures with essential oils. View attachment 1125908View attachment 1125910View attachment 1125911View attachment 1125912
It's like Christmas! An essential oil slinging, crystal toting, fundamentalist Christian munchie? The perfect combo of my favorite kinds of cow. She's healing her MALS surgery scar with frankincense and myrrh, and treating her pain with an amber necklace, fucking beautiful. Only thing that would make it better is veganism.

Allo Vera

kiwifarms.net
I got munchie vibes from this “Coronavirus plane panic!” story in the U.K. Daily Mail last week.

- Woman regularly flying from Ireland to Russia for medical treatment unavailable closer to home
- Wearing a face mask in public
- “Rare blood disorder”

“Laura Noonan, 36, has been visiting Moscow every three to four months since January 2018 for haematology treatment for her rare blood disorder.

The GP and mother-of-one was returning home to Dublin with her husband Archie O'Connor, 39, when they realised a nearby passenger was unwell.

Mrs Noonan wear a face mask due to her condition and its effect on her immune system - and her husband put on a face mask before the flight as a precaution.

A quick Google of her name throws up lots of Irish media coverage of her crowdfunding for chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant for this mysterious blood disorder. Russia though? It just doesn’t make sense.

Crowdfund from Sept 2017

FB: “Laura’s Russian Lifeline”

The weirdest thing is at no point is this rare blood disorder ever named, on the GoFundMe or the FB page. Thousands of words of flim flam on how her medical problems are “many and complex” and she’s “unsuitable for many conventional treatments”.

Medications, injections. PICC lines and central lines, nasogastric feeding tubes , intravenous cannulae, hospital appointments, hospital admissions, health care professiosnals coming and going to and from the house have all become part of our lives, and for our little girl they are normal...”

The weirdest thing of all is this woman is a doctor, who tend not to shy away from clinical language and objective facts. And yet... she doesn’t name this super rare, super complex, super untreatable disease that only the Russians are willing to touch. Not once, not ever. She was seeking (and eventually got, it seems) a stem cell transplant. Why could she not get one in Ireland or the U.K.? Could it be that... her doctors didn’t think it was an appropriate treatment?

Considering she’s still flying back and forth to Russia every 3-4 months for more “treatment”, I’m guessing not.

And it turns out that the unwell Chinese passenger tested negative for Coronavirus after all. But that doesn’t stop Laura from plunging into a health crisis, due to all the “trauma”.

Attachments

Dorsia.Reservation

When she fuck me good, I take her ass to Dorsia.
kiwifarms.net
I got munchie vibes from this “Coronavirus plane panic!” story in the U.K. Daily Mail last week.

- Woman regularly flying from Ireland to Russia for medical treatment unavailable closer to home
- “Rare blood disorder”

“Laura Noonan, 36, has been visiting Moscow every three to four months since January 2018 for haematology treatment for her rare blood disorder.

The GP and mother-of-one was returning home to Dublin with her husband Archie O'Connor, 39, when they realised a nearby passenger was unwell.

Mrs Noonan wear a face mask due to her condition and its effect on her immune system - and her husband put on a face mask before the flight as a precaution.

A quick Google of her name throws up lots of Irish media coverage of her crowdfunding for chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant for this mysterious blood disorder. Russia though? It just doesn’t make sense.

Crowdfund from Sept 2017

The weirdest thing is at no point is this rare blood disorder ever named, on the GoFundMe or the FB page. Thousands of words of flim flam on how her medical problems are “many and complex” and she’s “unsuitable for many conventional treatments”.

Medications, injections. PICC lines and central lines, nasogastric feeding tubes , intravenous cannulae, hospital appointments, hospital admissions, health care professiosnals coming and going to and from the house have all become part of our lives, and for our little girl they are normal...”

The weirdest thing of all is this woman is a doctor, who tend not to shy away from clinical language and objective facts. And yet... she doesn’t name this super rare, super complex, super untreatable disease that only the Russians are willing to touch. Not once, not ever. She was seeking (and eventually got, it seems) a stem cell transplant. Why could she not get one in Ireland or the U.K.? Could it be that... her doctors didn’t think it was an appropriate treatment?

Considering she’s still flying back and forth to Russia every 3-4 months for more “treatment”, I’m guessing not.

And it turns out that the unwell Chinese passenger tested negative for Coronavirus after all. But that doesn’t stop Laura from plunging into a health crisis, due to all the “trauma”.
Good find!
Definitely a munch.

Going to Russia for her rare blood disease, ok Tsarina .

Spooniest spoon

kiwifarms.net

- “Rare blood disorder”

Crowdfund from Sept 2017

Every time the daily mail cover some dramatic super rare illness (!!), it's always, always a munchie.

Was teetering on the fence until you said she's a doctor. Being vague when you have medical knowledge sounds like bullshit to me.

Zappazappa

kiwifarms.net
Of course, she's updating with pics and not directly responding to the swarm of well wishers or explaining why she's in hospital, it's like a fucking glamour shots visit.

A "procedure"? Lobotomy? I'll fetch the butterknife!

She's been pulling this medical shit for a year. Apply for Medicaid already. But she won't, she'll be on stream ranting and clapping, she expects Twitch audiences to fund her healthcare, she must have nothing but praise for her rigorous 5 day a month schedule

Well of course! You can't use Medicaid to pay for EVERYTHING ELSE! You whine, get donations and magically forget to pay your medical bills.

Nothing you cant dispute and get the debit dropped from your credit! And then boom all this free monies!

Goddamn at this rate I am about to become a begging munchie "Ohhhh noez I cant afford my "treatments" (weekly taco Tuesday) please someone halp meeeeee"