Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

Daughter of Cernunnos

#amplifymelanatedvoices
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just because your hair is greasy doesn't mean you have to cut it off. A shaved head isn't an excuse to be gross and never cleanse your scalp properly.
1592005679091.png
Why does this bitch roll her eyes in every fucking photo. Even if she was legitimately sick and not abusing a puppy I'd still want to punch her.
Everything for people like this is trying to "prove" how sick they are. Maybe she thinks posting fake ass faces proves she has so many accessibility issues and ableism everyday that she is constantly annoyed by it cus it just happens so often.
DPIW posted a video from the hospital too just in case you didn't believe how sooper dooper sick she is
View attachment 1354982
She sounds like she's high on smack in this video. Reminds me of my uncle who abused oxy and died in his 40s. Except he was nothing like her, was really smart and had a great personality. I just remember how he talked when he was high, lol. Sooooooo slooooow.

1592006310794.png
That's an ugly plushy. I hate the lines on it. If you're going to flaunt your infantile fetish at least get something cute. BENNY AND FENT SAVED HER GUISE!!!

1592006472656.png
Is she aware it's not special for people with disabling chronic illness to not be able to draw and play vidya gaems? Those would be really hard to do with chronic fatigue and pain. People like that would probably do more passive entertainment like watching tv.
Interesting that she parted ways with the other home health agency, even though she said she liked the nurse. She must have been up to some fuckery, got called out on it and threw a fit.

Her dr ought to just tell her that if she is so fucking stupid as the break her port every day then obviously she isnt responsible enough for one. Then tell her that she can just drink water like every other human does.

She is quite stupid and will end up killing herself just like Jaquie did by continually fawking with her toobz.
She really is stupid. I'm not even saying it to be mean. It's just amazing how striking it is every time she opens her mouth for even a little bit. She legitimately seems low iq and it screams out slow in da mind whenever she talks. I don't know if she low but if not she's probably borderline. Is there even anything she can do to treat a low iq at her age? Low iq+BPD cannot be a good mix. (SJ has diagnosed BPD.) You have to develop a theory of mind to recover from BPD but I don't know if someone like SJ even can.
The port and IV shit is overtreatment times a million. The Canadian health guidelines even for people with serious b12 deficiency for instance is to use oral supplements because it is just as effective, safer and clinic time is not being wasted for something not necessary.

1592006819779.png
yeah right.
1592007007841.png
CAN'T WAIT
to get a port. That is not normal. Normal would be being worried about permanently opening up your body and having it vulnerable to all the pathogenic microbes around. She also claimed in a recent video that port surgery is "non-invasive" bc she's getting it done outpatient and vaguely pretending to be a real human being with rational fears about idk... sepsis.
1592007187172.png
Yet again ecstatic for a dangerous, unnecessary surgery with serious long-term risks. She looks manic. Is she actually bipolar or is this some kind of munchie high where she's happy she finally got her way?
Pretending not to be super excited to get her port
6.11.2020 || Nighttime Port Thoughts
View attachment 1370376
Laughing with glee over a dumb port surgery. Literally breaks into a shiteating grin and giggles when she announces it.
1592007409596.png
Hot Topic is an essential service for lame-ass attention whores with garbage doddle tattoos.
It's hard to believe they're really handing out ports this easily.

So she says she's getting surgery friday for this thing, calling it now:
- a huge hissy fit about lack of 'adequate pain meds'
- pretend seizures and pissing herself on purpose
- many "reactions" from those dirty nails scraping her skin repeatedly to make it red
- more complaining about no pain meds
Dat opioid addiction though. She is so full of shit with the pissing herself. It might be a bit believable if she was obese or had given birth vaginally. The seizures are already laughably fake for anyone that knows anything about them. Is this a BPD thing to pee yourself out of spite to make the nurses job harder?

large_farva

~~gentle hugs~~
kiwifarms.net
It's obvious she's reading here because her need to prove is strong. She had only a dozen posts about getting this port in the last 2 days, in addition to a fucking wholly unnecessary ambulance trip and ER visit. Addicted to attention, much?

Ladies and gents, here's a gigantic fucking idiot
p1.png
Would LOVE to know who the fuck decided she needed this. And how is it possible to look that smug. Damn.
p2.png
G'nite little munchie addict, enjoy life without sepsis while you can.

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New Video: 6.12.2020 || Post-Port Silliness.

She's fucking giddy over having a port. Complaining about being in pain after her port surgery and not being able to fill her trammadol script until tomorrow while eating Jack in the Box. Realizes she shouldn't be stuffing her face on camera when she's been complaining if her sooper serious GP and says hopefully it won't flare up.

Who knew having major surgery would be painful? Your opiod addiction is showing :tomgirl:

large_farva

~~gentle hugs~~
kiwifarms.net
New Video: 6.12.2020 || Post-Port Silliness.
View attachment 1372954
She's fucking giddy over having a port. Complaining about being in pain after her port surgery and not being able to fill her trammadol script until tomorrow while eating Jack in the Box. Realizes she shouldn't be stuffing her face on camera when she's been complaining if her sooper serious GP and says hopefully it won't flare up.

Who knew having major surgery would be painful? Your opiod addiction is showing :tomgirl:
She wasn't giddy for very long and I am ROFL
This is hilarious to watch. Has she any clue how many children get ports every day for truly life-saving shit, not fucking saline? What an incredible fucking wuss. Let me just say, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice touch getting greasy fast food and onion rings after surgery for a port for her super severe gastroparesis because that makes sense, especially for someone literally just saying her doctor recommended a G-Tube for the same reason. The level of ignorance astounds me.

Now for the whiny baby:

Hurts terribly to cough, better take a selfie.
And she says, "Take me out, old yeller style" - implying this pain is worse than anything she's experienced thus far. Nice tell.
dolt1.png

Central line care: Put a cat on it, specifically the litter covered paw.
dolt2.png

My god, pain and bruising? WILL SHE SURVIVE?
Oh and if your shoulder hurt so bad, why the fuck would you pose like this for a selfie?
dolt3.png

"Surgery is brutal."
Where are her beads of courage??? Quick, someone get her washi tape to decorate her IV pole!!
dolt4.png
Edit to add, that's a bag of Doritos behind her head.

Last edited:

T.J. O'Pootertoot

With a taste that's oddly familiar
kiwifarms.net
She wasn't giddy for very long and I am ROFL
This is hilarious to watch. Has she any clue how many children get ports every day for truly life-saving shit, not fucking saline? What an incredible fucking wuss. Let me just say, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice touch getting greasy fast food and onion rings after surgery for a port for her super severe gastroparesis because that makes sense, especially for someone literally just saying her doctor recommended a G-Tube for the same reason. The level of ignorance astounds me.

Now for the whiny baby:

Hurts terribly to cough, better take a selfie.
And she says, "Take me out, old yeller style" - implying this pain is worse than anything she's experienced thus far. Nice tell.
View attachment 1373044

Central line care: Put a cat on it, specifically the litter covered paw.
View attachment 1373045

My god, pain and bruising? WILL SHE SURVIVE?
View attachment 1373046

Where are her beads of courage??? Quick, someone get her washi tape to decorate her IV pole!!
View attachment 1373047
Edit to add, that's a bag of Doritos behind her head.
Rate me an idiot if this has been covered already, but this is bugging me. She has all this severe, unrelenting pain, and yet she has multiple piercings and tattoos and ear gauges. Methinks such a delicate snowflake would avoid subjecting herself to more pain, but then again, how else would we know that she's edddddgy?

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Autie did some sperging for us today.
Notice how no one payed her any attention after her "WHITE PEOPLE ARE INHERENTLY RASCIST!"

No one paid attention to her so her solution was to perform an interpretive dance to circus music and liberal talking points. Amazing!

MisterPibb

kiwifarms.net
I'm not following Elena on IG, does any have a screen capture of what she's posting?
It's more about what she's saying than anything I can capture in a still--I never did figure out how to capture the video from an instagram story and some if it is gone now, either deleted or timed out. It was some weird stuff about being an Israeli ninja and black queen, lots of stuttering non-statements (the second still, of her face - she just keeps saying she's recording it to review later but never actually SAYS anything), then the horror-movie attempt at a yoga pose in the second-to-last cap and then this post from her boyfriend(???) who has no other posts on his instagram but is maybe a real person?

I'm so confused, and hoping someone here will be a better detective/have receipts.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 7.02.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-13 at 7.02.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-13 at 7.02.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-13 at 7.03.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-13 at 7.03.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-13 at 7.03.43 PM.png

Last edited:

This Bitch Is Me?

kiwifarms.net
It's more about what she's saying than anything I can capture in a still--I never did figure out how to capture the video from an instagram story and some if it is gone now, either deleted or timed out. It was some weird stuff about being an Israeli ninja and black queen, lots of stuttering non-statements (the second still, of her face - she just keeps saying she's recording it to review later but never actually SAYS anything), then the horror-movie attempt at a yoga pose in the second-to-last cap and then this post from her boyfriend(???) who has no other posts on his instagram but is maybe a real person?

I'm so confused, and hoping someone here will be a better detective/have receipts.

The IFGW mods think she's missing (per that first ig story) but I'm not so sure. Within the last hour she's updated her fb profile with pictures of the dude in the last screencap, "David Toledo", who she is apparently suddenly married to. Maybe it's a psych ward romance, because I don't think anyone in their right mind would marry Elana's crazy ass right now, and her facebook friends don't seem to know who he is.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

My guess she’s been cooped up in a cheap hotel doing too much meth/drugs with her new “boyfriend”...on top of being crazy.

I just assume drug binge in the ghetto anytime I see a shady hotel room like that plus people acting nuts. Haven’t been wrong yet. The only question is will they head home after the binge end d/t the funds drying up or do they up the game and start sucking dick for drug money and a rollercoaster ride to hell/jail/psych ward.

SPX5kzy

Crude, but effective.
kiwifarms.net

Whats the handle?

large_farva

~~gentle hugs~~
kiwifarms.net
A heavy, greasy meal from cracker barrel made possible by oral medication, amazing. Clearly, someone who needs a g-tube and port.
rbf.png

Lol, sure jan, you fell asleep with your phone screen still on. Also, I posted this with the comment because I LOVE that this happens on the regular to munchies because of their hashtags. CURE YOUR HERPES.
f3.png

Never got a good look at that shit tattoo: "property of the bullet farm" ? Video game reference?
farm1.png

This Bitch Is Me?

kiwifarms.net
Never got a good look at that shit tattoo: "property of the bullet farm" ? Video game reference?
View attachment 1375797
It's a Mad Max reference. Sad that it's one of her better tattoos.

I've always wondered how these munchies get their friends/family to take pictures like the one where she's "asleep" at Cracker Barrel. I can't think of any circumstance where it wouldn't be fucking weird for someone to take a pic of their loved one suffering or fucked up and then send it to them so they can put it on the gram.

bitter heaux

a gorl on the internet
kiwifarms.net
Hi y'all. My apologies for not posting the part 2 of Gena/Gina saga earlier, life got a bit crazy for a few weeks for me. If you don't know about Gena, first post on her is here, my first post deep diving into her history is here

Pre-FOP findings
The ACMEpets drama did not stop our dear gworl Gina, only slow her down.

Yahoo groups shut down in 2019, but anons in the DWT comment section posted about Gina as JedisdreamAPHA posting in the cystic fibrosis penpal Yahoo group:

...it is definitely Gina as she signs her name at the end of her messages many times and references to her horses and living in MN. She was also a part of this group since 2002...that's right, she has been drifting from CF community to CF communities for at least 6 years now
Another anon corrected JedisdreamAPHA’s obvious errors:

#1 About Port Care:

"You can go a long time without using them, they're perminent and there for the long haul (I've had a few get infected, once because I had sepsis and a few times because I went to a non CF hospital when I was out of town and they weren't as diligent about port care)."
Errors I see:

It's rare to have several ports get infected. Possible, but rare.

You have to flush a port monthly if you are not using it.

Another mention of sepsis - which is infection of the blood, and usually deadly - especially if you have the CF germs in your blood.
She has also LARPed CF on Yahoo horse groups as seen, both as Gina and Blake here (dead link)

Friday May 17, 2002

Hi All,

Well I found out that Gina (another TB member) wanted to get revenge from Blake for not giving her horse back (they had traded a few months ago), so she posed as her father and told me Blake died. Blake by the way loves this horse so much. She talks about Lacey all the time and loves her to death. That is the sickest thing that anyone could ever do. I was crying for hours until Blake called me and told me that she found out what Gina had done. I don't understand why someone would want to hurt me like this. One top of it all Blake really is very sick and barely made it through last night. She doesn't need stress like this when she is so sick. I can't imagine almost loosing a friend and being so vindictive about wanting a horse that you would hurt other people. I am not even friends with Gina so I don't know why she had to draw me into this. I am so furious right now for what she did to me and to Blake. She even suggested that I tell anyone that was friends with Blake and that is why I let you guys know. I don't think I will ever understand why someone would do something like this to another person. It would never even cross my mind in a million years to do this to someone. I am grateful tough to have the chance to get out to see Blake this summer. I am very sorry for any sadness that my first email may have caused you. Blake and I both feel really bad about this. I never get violent but I really feel like strangling Gina with my bare hands and if I ever see her in person she had better run fast. (Keep that in mind Gina when I come to visit. No one messes with me or my friends like that and gets away with it. So I hope you are scared Gina).

Trisha

PS Blake is still very sick so please keep her in your prayers.

TL;DR: Gina/Blake fakes Blake’s death (Blake presumably having CF), then causes drama against Gina/herself.

An ironic post from the same board of Gina “calling out bullshit”:

Re: [thoroughbred] Valerie

Well Valerie, Susan, whoever you are...

We, on the TB list like to keep it real... nobody is impressed with you and your lies

Pick up a dictionary, grammatical is right in there.

I don't CARE where you are from, common courtesy is practiced all over the world, and I'm tired of you putting down us Americans.. if not for somebody in the US, Yahoo! would not exsist to hold this list, so be thankful, be courteous, and please stop harassing the list. Please stop lying. You are NOT hard to see through
A munchie outing lesser munchies? Color me shocked.

The interesting thing is, there was a member that joined the CF group under different names repeatedly who was a poser of sorts (remember her you guys?) and was very obvious about it. Anyways, Gina or Pepe rather, was one of many posters outing this girl and here all along, SHE was as well and the worst offender of them all! This just kills me on so many levels.
She was found on Pet Loss boards, Asperger's communities, other CF groups, and so on.

Frustratingly DWT shares no evidence, but reponds to comments with statements such as:

The list above was sent through a CF list where "Blake" has been a participant for TEN YEARS. Gina started there as "Sara" (we have also seen her as "Anna" other places), and switched over to "Blake."
We have a flurry of emails from people with evidence about Gina posing as Blake as long as 4-5 years ago
Gina seems to have killed off “Blake” some places though.

I thought I saw her with a "rest in peace, Blake" type of signature once on the forums, but I could be imagining things.
Yes - Blake supposedly passed some time ago.
She was also found in occupationaltherapist.com and suburbantherapy.com forums (both about occupational therapy), but only one comment survives from here (dead link)

"Blake" says on July 21, 2008:

In my line of work (banking) almost all banks have the MN Banking Assoc. BCBS/Delta Dental combo, so finding a job that offers something like Medica or Preferred One would be difficult, it is hard enough to find a job with benefits! If it's out of network, I cannot pay out of pocket for the additional expenses, I am barely making it by as is, so I would have to go elsewhere, and who knows what that would lead to. I am a lucky one that my CF has not progressed much, and I was a late diagnosis so I don't see having a sudden crash or anything. But there will be so many people affected in a horrible way, I'm afraid.
(Hilariously an anon found that Gina Fiorentino has worked at FOUR separate banks in the Saint Michael's area in a couple of years.)

Archive of a Gina as “ChippedAway” posting on cysticfibrosis.com forums, she obviously DFE’s but a reply to her survives (about her vomiting phobia, what else?).

Healthboard returns, with a post on the allergy boards in 2005 or 2006! This one was obviously lost in the DFE, but a copy survives.

ChippedAway

Re: my baby dog!

I have a dog, two cats, and two horses, all of which I'm allergic to.

Obviously the horses don't sleep in bed with me But the dog wants to and the cats are dying to (one cat wants to sleep on my HEAD). I made a new rule of no pets in the bedroom. My door remains closed and they are not allowed in anymore. It was hard, but my allergies/asthma depended on it.
deleted source | undeleted replies

ChipNGrace/Gina on SparkPeople, the autism weightloss site (the jokes write themselves)

That's really interesting that you are all seeing that too, that your kids relate better to people older than them. I'm a recently diagnosed as Aspie, I have always had older friends, and really only had one friend in high school the entire time (and sort of her friends by association). Otherwise, I preferred to hang out with my co-workers at the hardware store I worked at in HS, and even now at 25, my boyfriend (also an Aspie) is 42 years old, and it's not weird at all even though some people think it is... ah well.
Friends of Pepe archive and pre-callout era
Paul wrote on his blog that he had known “Pepe” for a long time, and that she had opened up to him in months leading up to this. She had been hospitalized for months at Fairview U of Minnesota, in and out of ICU, bedbound, her friend “Blake” her only company. “Blake” has her own problems, mostly with mental health, and has also posted on cysticfibrosis.com (aka CF.com) forums. Gina started her blog with Paul’s help, and with him writing many updates for her, and “Blake” providing info to Paul while she was out. Backed with years of experience, and Paul as an experienced writer, her blog became massively popular in the CF online community, particularly on CF.com). Even many years later, many requests for updates are still up. They even made lolcats and paper cranes for her.

She was charming, vibrant, and seemingly continuously having dramatic twits to her story. Online CF communities were taken in, only in hindsight realising just how many pieces didn’t fit. As this comments puts it:

It explains why, despite living on the verge of death for 30 plus days, Pepe was in good spirits, making astute/comical observations in between hallucinations, drawing said hallucinations, chatting online, drinking Sierra Mist, and eating potato chips. [...] I often wondered how Paul had such detailed accounts of each day, down to the numbers, even when Gina was intubated or in great pain. Yeah, in retrospect I was a dummy to fall for it all.
Pepe had an indeterminate and varying number of chest tubes, was put on a vent every few days, survived two transplants with the second one coming within hours of her impending death while she was septic. Each and every complication could be found: bacterial pneumonia, flash pulmonary edema, PICC line infections, fevers, multiple bouts of sepsis, hallucinations, the flu— of course, all while of course being mistreated by staff and repeatedly complaining that she was being dismissed, ignored or abused.

In December of 2007, 40 donors collected almost $600 through PayPal to buy Pepe a Wii so she wouldn’t be so lonely in the hospital. Once the truth about Pepe came to light in 2008, money was returned to everyone who donated.

This archive is mainly for posterity, and in case someone even more autistic than me wants to take a look.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day, From Pepe

Dear Friends,

Words cannot describe the way I felt when I found this. I still cannot describe it; the gratefulness I feel to have such amazing friends is surreal. I cried. Not just for the gift, but the act of giving, the generosity and loyalty. Until last night, I had felt that my luck had run out and nothing could ever happen that would make me happy again. I mean, this extreme-happy. There are bursts of happiness, obviously, but they always seemed short-lived and soon forgotten. Believe me, what you did here will never be forgotten. I have told several people today about this, and while they smile and say "cool," they cannot begin to imagine the magnitude that this is.

This morning (Christmas morning) I woke up and wondered if last night could have happened at all. If a group of strangers could or would do such a thing. Other gifts have also been pouring in from people these last couple weeks, as well as sweet messages, well wishes, even someone just catching up on yahoo or IM or chat. It all means so much.

So, thank you, my friends, from the bottom of my heart. Those two words "thank you" do not even seem to be enough to cover this occasion.

Love you all,

Gina

Posted by Clamshellmuni at 11:41 PM 4 comments
Thursday, January 24, 2008

Update: Several Setbacks

Pepe allowed FOP to post a brief note about her status. The news is not good at this time. Last week, doctors inserted a chest tube, expecting another pneumothorax, but instead withdrew a vast amount of fluid from Pepe's pleural space. The effusion did subside, and the tube was scheduled to come out last Saturday, but late Friday night and through the weekend Pepe experienced severe episodes in which buckets of fluid issued from inside her lungs. Pulmonary edema can be caused by many things. After an emergency X-ray, a CT, and a heavily-growing culture, doctors determined Pepe's edema was caused by massive infection in her lungs. In addition to her Vanco and Colistin, they put her on Ceftazadime and Zosyn, which, since it is a combination of Piperacillin and Tazobactam, gives her five good IV antibiotics to beat back the infection.

So far, Pepe is still waiting for the drugs to kick in. Her fever remains high and her gases imbalanced. She is having difficulty breathing. Wednesday, she suffered several large hemoptyses, requiring two bronchial artery embolizations and two units of blood. In OR, the bleeding was stopped, but Pepe is understandably scared that it will recur. This was her third multiple embolization in four months. She is off the vest and receiving suction at least three times a day to keep her lungs clear. She has visits from family and friends, but she is exhausted from this long fight for new lungs and needs your thoughts more than ever.
February 13, 2008 5:53 PM

Clamshellmuni said...
Happy, peaceful Valentine's Day, Peanut. You are the part of my heart where the hole once was.
Love,
Q
Monday, June 2, 2008

Truth

It has been another trying week for Pepe. For three days, she was vented but not making much progress. At the time of the intubation, her PaCO2 was well into the 90s, a record for her and nearly impossible to bear. Her O2 sat was 82, her fever 103. She resisted the vent as always, but numbers like these and the suffering they cause eventually have their way. By the second day, her PaCO2 was still in the 70s, and she became concerned that she wasn't bouncing back as usual. Then she reminded herself that she had much more ground to cover this time, having let the CO2 levels rise so high, and toward the end of the third day, her values began to look encouraging. The next day the doctors pulled the vent. So Pepe is nearly tube-free now -- sans chest or breathing hoses -- but her respiration remains labored and her fevers high, sometimes over 104. Yesterday, one fever spike prompted a grand mal seizure, an obviously frightening event, though one Pepe doesn't remember. In addition, she discovered her PICC line was infected, possibly leading to more sepsis. Lab cultures are growing. Today she met with her CF doctor to demand more answers, more aggression, and more ideas. Why are her sensitivities three weeks old while she's spiking 104.5 fevers? What, if any, is Pepe's pathway out of this mess? Through whose OR? Wednesday she meets with the transplant team to discuss what it actually takes to get new lungs at Fairview. None of this badgering is Pepe's style, especially when she feels like hell, but this is the Week of Truth. Let's send her the strength and confidence to be able to get the answers she needs.
Sunday, June 29, 2008

Unspeakable

Pepe was vented at 3 this morning after her doctors let her choke on her own lungs for over three hours, listening to all her monitors screech, refusing to help. It was an awful night, very nearly the final night -- too sad even to detail here. Too sad and too screwed-up for words. Sorry.
Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day Three

...Now keep in mind as you read on that complications are practically inevitable. Nearly every transplant patient experiences them. You never know which ones are in store for you, but you hope that however many you encounter, they are the manageable kind. In Pepe's case, this is so. Today she suffered a pneumothorax, which is not uncommon, especially with resected lungs. The doctors placed a fifth chest tube at its site, using ultrasound, and expect the pneumo to resolve quickly. They expect the same with her arrhythmias. The human heart does not like to be physically manipulated, but handling and jostling inevitably occur during transplant surgery -- not to mention during procedures to repair holes. Last night, her heart rate became too high, so her doctors administered a drug to correct her tachycardia, presumably a beta blocker like Lopressor. This morning, her HR is back to baseline and steady...
Monday, July 7. 2008

Day Five

Huge! They're letting Pepe wake up today. In fact, they've already stopped her sedation. Blake is entering the hospital now and will be with her when she comes to. Pepe will do this on her own schedule, of course, but we will keep you posted about her much-awaited reaction to the amazing series of events over the past four days. She passed the night smoothly. Her HR and BP are still elevated, but her fever is down to 99. Her sats are where they should be. So in addition to rousting her from her long nap, they plan to extubate, allowing her to utter those soon-to-be-famous first words. They will put her back on a simple cannula, but at a liter flow a quarter of the one she was on prior to being vented that final week of her old life. Her 18-or-more tubes will begin coming out, one by one, starting with the breathing tube and probably the NG tube. She likely won't appear completely with it, drugged and drained as she is, but FOP guarantees she will be far more cognizant than anyone at her bedside suspects. From our experience, she might have difficulty getting her thoughts across, but her mind will be processing everything in its lovably idiomatic Peanut way.

So a truly auspicious day for your heroine. Imagine!
[picture]
happier as she waits for new lungs
Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day Eleven

Pepe had a poor night, fighting to breathe. She was sedated with Fentanyl and was being placed on the ventilator at 4 am. Her PaCO2 had climbed into the mid-60s, and her O2 sat had dropped into the 80s -- too low, given the stress her heart has endured. We are waiting for news that she is doing better and is comfortable. This is a very sad turn for her. Please check in.

FOP

Update, 9:24 pm: "I feel better," Pepe says. Yes, says. She was extubated at 8 this evening. She had a new X-ray that showed recession of her pneumonia in the lower lobes. She also had a second bronch in which the doctor cleared much of the mucus and took more biopsies that remained negative for rejection. All great news. Pepe is tired and in some pain but much more comfortable, breathing more easily despite a lingering "roughness" from the remaining infection. Her sat is up to 94 percent on 10 liters. Her PaCO2 has dropped dramatically, into the 40s, not far from normal. She is much less frightened about her status tonight, sensing a turn. Tomorrow, the team says, a few of the six chest tubes might come out. This will go a long way toward relieving her pain. So finally a small, good stretch for Pepe and hopefully a peaceful, event-free night ahead for the "tough little nut" who -- it cannot be understated -- has handled this barely-imaginable process with the utmost poise and courage. FOP stands in awe.

Update, 10:13 pm: Sorry to report this. Minutes ago, just after the last post, Pepe began to struggle desperately for breathe, went into respiratory arrest, and was re-vented. X-ray showed another tension pneumothorax. They are trying to handle it at bedside first. The next step would be another trip to OR -- a trip she does not need tonight. Hope.

Update, 10:27 pm: They could not resolve the tension pneumo at bedside. Pepe is off to OR.

Update, 12:24 am: Pepe was in surgery for an hour. She had her ribs spread for a fourth time. The tension penumo occurred at a site of infection, the lower-right lobe. The surgeon sealed the puncture in her lung and placed another tube. Pepe emerged intact for the time being but extremely unstable, her HR and BP again ranging wildly. She is vented and resting. Tomorrow they will assess how she has come through this latest example of what recently she termed, in a display of gumby insight, her "salty luck." It will be another critical night for her, so if you are still awake, please continue your intentions.

Rest safely, Peanut.

Posted by Clamshellmuni at 7:17 AM
Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day Twenty-five

Sorry to report no improvement tonight. Pepe is in a great deal of pain, the worst thus far. For some reason, the weekend staff is skeptical of her complaints, contending that she is experiencing morphine withdrawal rather than legitimate pain. This far out, they say, such discomfort is abnormal. But Pepe did not have a normal transplant, which alone would be liable to cause substantial pain three weeks out. Instead, she was cracked open four times, the last time not long ago. She has had eight chest tubes -- over a small being's surface area -- and still retains three. And of course, she has incisions she has yet even to see or know the nature of. We can tell from experience, from the accuracy of Pepe's descriptions, and from the brute reality of what her body has endured over twenty five days that her pain is real, unembellished, and that she is on the edge of sanity for that single, entirely understandable reason. She is neither weak nor a drug-seeker. We've witnessed this over many months, when Pepe's moribund cystic lungs disallowed her from taking even sedatives during invasive procedures, let alone pain meds. She has proven her mettle. This is still your tough little nut, and she is resisting bravely as always. But she is miserable. She is suffering.

Tomorrow, she will take up the issue with her primary doctors and hopefully get some relief. Often it's a simple matter of exchanging one narcotic for another or adjusting doses. In the meantime, Pepe must get through the night. Her fever is way up, 103, probably an indication of the stress her pain is causing. Her O2 and PaCO2 are unchanged, 90 and 53 respectively. She is on ten liters via cannula, though she is having some trouble breathing through her nose. There was no X-ray today, so we'll learn the status of her pneumonia tomorrow, hoping for some improvement from the new drug cocktail. But for now, there are hours to overcome, a new narcotic dose at 2 am, and with luck, some sleep afterward. This is an incredibly tough process. It almost has to be experienced to be believed. Maybe that's one of the problems this weekend. But Pepe is -- entirely of her own volition -- committed to seeing this through with poise and dignity, despite whatever disbelief she encounters. For this, we stand in admiration. But we wish her more comfort and rest tonight.
Sunday, August 4, 2008 25

Day Thirty three

I read with great interest the email sent and knew for sure that you, (Pepe), are almost certainly our #1 Sierra Mist fan! It means so much learning that after being in a coma, as your taste buds awoke, it was Sierra Mist that was your first request. We are honored and inspired to keep working hard producing the highest quality beverage for those who want it most, devoted consumers like you.

To know that in some small way our product has brought enjoyment, fulfillment and refreshment to you even during some of the darkest times is immeasurable. We want to take the time to recognize your unwavering loyalty to Sierra Mist. We don't take it lightly and we really appreciate it. In that spirit, I am enclosing something to remember your friends here at Pepsi.

As Sierra Mist's number one fan, Pepe merited a Pepsi gym bag, a Pepsi lapel pin, a snazzy X-large Pepsi T-shirt, an Aquafina water bottle, a Pepsi refrigerator magnet, a pad of Pepsi note paper (on which she wrote her requests while vented), and two manufacturer's coupons, each for a "twelve-pack of bottles or cans of any Pepsi Cola product." Pepe joked that the company had calculated this to be a lifetime supply, but in fact it's only an afternoon's. Still, it was quite a pile of swag for the Pepsi Kid, or the Sierra Mist Miss. She was altogether pleased by it. So, many thanks to Pepsi, and thanks especially to reader Diana. You brightened an otherwise dismal day.

Her guestbook page is still up but it’s mostly tHouGhTs aND pRaYErS.
guestbook.png

This comment was posted multiple times when she was found out.

But not everyone was so in love with Gina. This blog was made in protest of CF.com mods mass banning people, and unfortunately there is no archive of posts after Gina was found out, but here’s a link if anyone can revive it

It seems that not everyone was up Gina’s ass, and many were banned for that. Many comments later reflect that many posters felt that Gina was the CF Sacred Cow and shouldn’t be questioned.

mutantrevolution-blogspot.png

A comment from the same person in the screen shot (kayleesgrandma) from here

I started to suspect Blake when she attacked me in chat one night. I then found out that she had another user name as "chippedaway".

Anyone with any medical knowledge, (and I have worked in the medical field for 30 yrs), would have been alerted to something off-balanced by the fact that here was a girl that had been weakened by fighting for A WHOLE YEAR, in the hospital, had actually had to be on life-support, endured a 15 hr ordeal of surgery for tx of both lungs. then suffered various complication afterward. This same girl was able to post on the site and go into chat...several days afterwards, even though she was supposedly repeatedly place back on the vent...

And when the owner of our site innocently tried to make a hospital category, (thinking it would facilitate looking for updates on Gina and other members)and moved the thread about Gina being in the hospital to that place--it started a massive war of words between valued members...Tempers flared and it tore up our site. Members turned on each other...