Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

Cold Waffle

kiwifarms.net
This was my favorite Numberwang comment so far. He posted it on the STEP1 sub in response to a med student's question about norepinephrine. Like they don't already have enough to worry about.

He's not even remotely self-aware and has no shame.
He calls it posterior orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Dat ass pots. Thank you for bringing this gem back to my attention. I overlooked it before amidst all the other screenshots.
1593300379499.png

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
This is in part 2 but I find it so funny.

His mum actually confronted him on this and he decided that it was a "load of bullshit" like there's some sort of huge conspiracy against the gingers.

View attachment 1407432

He also hits up r/redheads to ask the same thing and they all tell him it's completely normal.

-

DPMIW noping out of a port after like a week is possibly my favourite munchie stunt this year by far.
Is he from the hood? Is he the only white person he’s ever seen? The idea that ‘having visible veins’ must be a sign of EDS is by itself a sign of EDS, cause only someone who’s extremely flexible could make such a stretch.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Oh come on, hospitals can be a little fun with the right amount of drugs in your system.
Push it fast or it doesn't work!

Also Orlando is getting fucking slammed with COVID-19 cases. Hospitals are quickly hitting capacity. The central Florida munchie paradise is crumbling. I expect angry and scared social media posts about how munchies can't receive care for their totally real conditions.

Kate Farms Shill

"a professional troll" - Medium.com
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Push it fast or it doesn't work!

Also Orlando is getting fucking slammed with COVID-19 cases. Hospitals are quickly hitting capacity. The central Florida munchie paradise is crumbling. I expect angry and scared social media posts about how munchies can't receive care for their totally real conditions.
Yep. Huge implosion of the Trevino-verse, multiple members seem to be actively trying to catch the covid, lots of hospital-hopping and myserious sepsis infections and chimp outs about ERs not taking their super deadly POTS seriously. Two of them seem to be competing to be the next one to die first.

I keep trying to make the next post about our amazing wildlife but then something even more ridiculous happens and I end up waiting for that plot arc to end.

Rend Nadir

kiwifarms.net
What happened to the good old days when a munchie faked the big C? these days I'm hearing nothing but these obscure non tangible minor medical disorders from them. It's POTS, it's cyclic vomiting syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. What the Hell?
EDS and POTS are a munchie match made in heaven.

TL;DR: Cancer hard to fake and too common, EDS and POTS easy to fake, easy to get diagnosed and not very common = big attention grab and money making opportunity.

People are much more aware of cancer nowadays, there's a lot better treatments for it and it's not a 'rare taboo OMG' disease any more. It's also a very visible disease and harder to fake without putting a HEAP of effort in.

Things like EDS and POTS are invisible and therefore anyone can claim to have them. POTS in particular is self reported and very dramatic - passing out after standing up gathers a lot of attention.

With EDS, anyone who is a bit flexible and has everyday aches and pains sees this rare disorder and decides they have it, despite needing genetic testing to actually diagnose. Even then, doctors generally don't do the genetic testing because of massive cost, and only do flexibility tests before diagnosing with EDS. Even if the tests aren't all passed, saying "Oh I used to be able to do this" for a test counts as passing the test and counts towards the diagnosis. As a result the diagnosis is almost laughably simple to get, particularly for hypermobile EDS which just requires hypermobility and self reported pain.

Because of the 'invisible illness acceptance' push as of recent times, those who claim to have EDS are almost immune from questioning as their friends will jump down your throat about INVALIDATING LIVED EXPERIENCES or some rot. It's also a very easy disorder to fake - chuck on a brace, grab a cane and voilà a la EDS. The medical costs from it are very high, and it gives plenty of opportunity to milk suckers of their time, money and attention what with "flares" and the vast array of different disorders 'linked' to EDS, for further shock and sympathy points.

Munchies see this and wet themselves over the opportunity presented on a silver platter.

chronicallybullshitting

Munchie BS Detective
kiwifarms.net
As
EDS and POTS are a munchie match made in heaven.

TL;DR: Cancer hard to fake and too common, EDS and POTS easy to fake, easy to get diagnosed and not very common = big attention grab and money making opportunity.

People are much more aware of cancer nowadays, there's a lot better treatments for it and it's not a 'rare taboo OMG' disease any more. It's also a very visible disease and harder to fake without putting a HEAP of effort in.

Things like EDS and POTS are invisible and therefore anyone can claim to have them. POTS in particular is self reported and very dramatic - passing out after standing up gathers a lot of attention.

With EDS, anyone who is a bit flexible and has everyday aches and pains sees this rare disorder and decides they have it, despite needing genetic testing to actually diagnose. Even then, doctors generally don't do the genetic testing because of massive cost, and only do flexibility tests before diagnosing with EDS. Even if the tests aren't all passed, saying "Oh I used to be able to do this" for a test counts as passing the test and counts towards the diagnosis. As a result the diagnosis is almost laughably simple to get, particularly for hypermobile EDS which just requires hypermobility and self reported pain.

Because of the 'invisible illness acceptance' push as of recent times, those who claim to have EDS are almost immune from questioning as their friends will jump down your throat about INVALIDATING LIVED EXPERIENCES or some rot. It's also a very easy disorder to fake - chuck on a brace, grab a cane and voilà a la EDS. The medical costs from it are very high, and it gives plenty of opportunity to milk suckers of their time, money and attention what with "flares" and the vast array of different disorders 'linked' to EDS, for further shock and sympathy points.

Munchies see this and wet themselves over the opportunity presented on a silver platter.

far as I am concerned

Unless I see your joints physcially hanging out of their sockets dislocated / subluxed visibly. You do not have EDS 3 / HT / whatever the fuck they have changed it to.

Any other form of EDS with genetic testing that you've tested positive for. I don't see you being able to fake. So i'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But EDS3/HT/HEDS/whateverthefuckitscalled - nope!

Does that make me an asshole? Probably.

Also

Karina is back at it again.

"Do the thing that made you famous"

"I needed to faint anyway"

WTF. No. You do not need to fucking faint.
You need to lay the fuck down, legs up, wait for it to pass and drink more fucking water.

Also. Maybe. JUST MAYBE, your constant "fainting" may have something to do with your fucking "eating disorder" ?????