Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

Gengar

Dream Eater
Staff Member
Intelligence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quote similar to dialysis, stem-cell like End Quote

so what are these treatments?
This is the treatment she's currently saving up $40,000 for: https://www.klinik-st-georg.de/en/klinik-st-georg/lyme-specialized-center/

It's not offered here in the United States. She and many others claim that this is because (((Big Pharma))) has a vested interest in withholding a cure to Lyme Disease, and that offering effective treatment wouldn't be profitable for (((Medical Insurance Companies.))) So, really hardcore Lyme munchies go to this place in Germany, where you pay tens of thousands of dollars to sit in a sauna until your temperature reaches 107°F. Afterwards, they treat you to a "detoxification" regimen that consists of pretty much all the standard quackery you see in the Detox / Alternative Medicine thread.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 12.18.27 PM.png

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
Temperature of 107? Nope nope nope nope.
I love how they keep it right under 110 which is where you have to be hospitalized, at least in North America. I assume the body temp you're supposed to be hospitalized in varies by country to country but it can't be too different there. I'm sure munchies love that place cause they likely actually get seriously ill from going there

ComputerWife

I want a divorce
kiwifarms.net
I love how they keep it right under 110 which is where you have to be hospitalized, at least in North America. I assume the body temp you're supposed to be hospitalized in varies by country to country but it can't be too different there. I'm sure munchies love that place cause they likely actually get seriously ill from going there
lol 107 will most likely kill you
C89746EC-1DA6-48AA-95AA-6DB6C3BA1BBB.jpeg

Also what do you mean “country to country”? Humans stay around 98.7 degrees (give or take a bit) no matter their location.

• Agree
Reactions: Blake Bumbleby

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
lol 107 will most likely kill you
View attachment 672952
Also what do you mean “country to country”? Humans stay around 98.7 degrees (give or take a bit) no matter their location.
I didn't mean the actual temperature of a person there, just the fever level which a person is forced to go to a hospital at haha. I had a coworker be forced to go to the hospital instead of sent home because their fever was around 110 and later the boss said by 110 they were legally obligated as an establishment to send them to the ER. I assume different countries have different rulings on when an establishment is forced to send people to the ER based on their fever. Granted it's possible this was a company policy but I'm hoping it's a government thing due to places like munchie paradise

jokemonkey

kiwifarms.net
I didn't mean the actual temperature of a person there, just the fever level which a person is forced to go to a hospital at haha. I had a coworker be forced to go to the hospital instead of sent home because their fever was around 110 and later the boss said by 110 they were legally obligated as an establishment to send them to the ER. I assume different countries have different rulings on when an establishment is forced to send people to the ER based on their fever. Granted it's possible this was a company policy but I'm hoping it's a government thing due to places like munchie paradise
That person lied to you, you get admitted immediately at 106-107, for heat stroke if anything.

They use those extra high temps to show how CRITICAL! and REAL! their illness is, though it's unlikely but I guess not impossible.

Bees

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to market special thermometers that only read over 104. They will be designated as extra sensitive to detect CHRONIC LYME and FIBRO and CANDIDA OVERGROWTH and EDS and that paralyzed stomach thing. They will be super duper expensive and only work rectally. Does anyone want to go on Shark Tank with me?

Blake Bumbleby

[borks in catgirl]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to market special thermometers that only read over 104. They will be designated as extra sensitive to detect CHRONIC LYME and FIBRO and CANDIDA OVERGROWTH and EDS and that paralyzed stomach thing. They will be super duper expensive and only work rectally. Does anyone want to go on Shark Tank with me?
I'm in.

Toohottotrot

kiwifarms.net
me 3

I love how quack med always eventually involves shoving something up your ass.
maybe we need to start teaching in schools that we dont let people shove things up our butts

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I went to the ER with a temp of 106.9. Was sent home with antibiotics after an hour. No admission.
Here we admit adults at 107.6, kids at 105.4 and infants at 101.2.

I've seen temps as high as 110 but that's usually exogenous hyperthermia (like heat stroke) and patients are seizing and hallucinating at that point. Like, there'd be something very obviously wrong with the dude before you even took his temp.

HereForTheLaughs

kiwifarms.net
Here we admit adults at 107.6, kids at 105.4 and infants at 101.2.

I've seen temps as high as 110 but that's usually exogenous hyperthermia (like heat stroke) and patients are seizing and hallucinating at that point. Like, there'd be something very obviously wrong with the dude before you even took his temp.
I was 14 years old. No obvious signs of anything. Wasn’t sick, felt fine. It was December and the temps were in the 20s. Even at that age I found it disturbing that no tests were run. They said take these antibiotics and the fever should go away. Luckily, it did.

There_is_no_Dana

kiwifarms.net
I've had a very high temperature before, hallucinations kick in when you get so far up there and it's very scary. Nobody with a temp of 110 is going to be walking into the ER on their own, they're going to be unconscious and it's likely they'd be suffering from brain damage after. Someone here is exaggerating, people love doing that for attention.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
The only time we automatically admit someone to hospital at a certain temperature fever is if they're known to be severely immunocompromised. It's just a guideline, but we usually recommend babies and old people get evaluated if their fever stays above 103 for a couple days and average people 105-106, it's usually nothing serious but better to be safe and check. Whether we admit a person depends on how vulnerable or sick they are - Can they walk/talk, are they conscious/alert, are they hallucinating, severely dehydrated? Most importantly, is the fever being caused by a dangerous condition that needs immediate treatment? Healthy people can potentially get a cold/flu and run a fever of 105-106 while being perfectly fine (not super common but some people just get high-ass fevers), but a fever of 100-101 for a 65 year old on chemotherapy is a big fucking deal and the cause needs to be identified immediately. Some doctors might admit someone who seems mostly fine for a 106 degree fever just for observation, but in my experience they're more likely to tell them to go home and rest with some Tylenol. I've never seen someone with a fever of 107 or above who wasn't really sick so I can't say with certainty if they'd do the same.

Heat stroke is totally different (keep in mind I'm not just talking heat exhaustion, full on heat stroke can easily kill you). People can suffer heat stroke with a temperature of 104 - The temperature might be the same or lower than in a high fever, but fevers are caused by the body actually changing its set point temperature and compensating (usually the person actually feels cold), whereas with heat stroke the physiological ability to self-regulate temperature just kinda fails and the temperature will keep climbing if it's not treated. Once it hits 109 you're probably fucked. I'm going to go right ahead and call bullshit on someone walking around with a temperature of 110.

tl;dr Humans are shockingly resilient. High core temperature won't necessarily fuck you up, but heat stroke will.

It's definitely possible to raise someone's core temperature as high as 107 and it won't kill them so long as they're monitored closely for heat exhaustion symptoms, but I don't know why you'd want to. There's some evidence that localized hyperthermia therapy can improve the effects of radiation and chemo but other than that it's all quack doctors in foreign countries exploiting the fuck out of munchies and "muh natural cure" types. The grifters who run these scams are reprehensible but it's hard to feel sorry for people stupid enough to keep throwing money at them,

Tags
spoonies

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino