Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

There_is_no_Dana

kiwifarms.net
I've had a very high temperature before, hallucinations kick in when you get so far up there and it's very scary. Nobody with a temp of 110 is going to be walking into the ER on their own, they're going to be unconscious and it's likely they'd be suffering from brain damage after. Someone here is exaggerating, people love doing that for attention.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
The only time we automatically admit someone to hospital at a certain temperature fever is if they're known to be severely immunocompromised. It's just a guideline, but we usually recommend babies and old people get evaluated if their fever stays above 103 for a couple days and average people 105-106, it's usually nothing serious but better to be safe and check. Whether we admit a person depends on how vulnerable or sick they are - Can they walk/talk, are they conscious/alert, are they hallucinating, severely dehydrated? Most importantly, is the fever being caused by a dangerous condition that needs immediate treatment? Healthy people can potentially get a cold/flu and run a fever of 105-106 while being perfectly fine (not super common but some people just get high-ass fevers), but a fever of 100-101 for a 65 year old on chemotherapy is a big fucking deal and the cause needs to be identified immediately. Some doctors might admit someone who seems mostly fine for a 106 degree fever just for observation, but in my experience they're more likely to tell them to go home and rest with some Tylenol. I've never seen someone with a fever of 107 or above who wasn't really sick so I can't say with certainty if they'd do the same.

Heat stroke is totally different (keep in mind I'm not just talking heat exhaustion, full on heat stroke can easily kill you). People can suffer heat stroke with a temperature of 104 - The temperature might be the same or lower than in a high fever, but fevers are caused by the body actually changing its set point temperature and compensating (usually the person actually feels cold), whereas with heat stroke the physiological ability to self-regulate temperature just kinda fails and the temperature will keep climbing if it's not treated. Once it hits 109 you're probably fucked. I'm going to go right ahead and call bullshit on someone walking around with a temperature of 110.

tl;dr Humans are shockingly resilient. High core temperature won't necessarily fuck you up, but heat stroke will.

It's definitely possible to raise someone's core temperature as high as 107 and it won't kill them so long as they're monitored closely for heat exhaustion symptoms, but I don't know why you'd want to. There's some evidence that localized hyperthermia therapy can improve the effects of radiation and chemo but other than that it's all quack doctors in foreign countries exploiting the fuck out of munchies and "muh natural cure" types. The grifters who run these scams are reprehensible but it's hard to feel sorry for people stupid enough to keep throwing money at them,

Dysnomia

Gloop Gloop
kiwifarms.net
So my sister was moaning about her Lyme disease again. I told her there is no such thing as chronic Lyme and that her joints are just fucked because the Lyme wasn't properly treated. So she tells me that the parasite can morph into another species of parasite. :cringe:

A spirochete is a bacteria not a parasite. But there is no arguing with her on this. She isn't a munchie. She's just dumb. But she is just the kind of person who will think these munchies are for real. I think a lot of the info she looks up is in this vein and she doesn't really get that these bitches are fakers. Meanwhile she may legit have Crohn's disease and is yet to get any of the tests she was supposed to. A very dumb person indeed.

So I have to wonder how dangerous these munchies can really be when influencing others. Not that they care since it's all about them. But there are so many people who read a blog, see a symptom match and don't get the help they really need.

I finally got her to go to a doctor and now he is not going to take her brand of insurance anymore. I told her to try to switch since he is only three blocks away. But she hasn't even looked into it yet. But she says she doesn't like doctors because they don't believe her Lyme complaints. I don't think it's that they don't believe her. You can clearly tell she has joint issues. They are just trying to explain that there is no such thing as chronic Lyme and she gets upset right away.

Fliddaroonie

kiwifarms.net
So my sister was moaning about her Lyme disease again. I told her there is no such thing as chronic Lyme and that her joints are just fucked because the Lyme wasn't properly treated. So she tells me that the parasite can morph into another species of parasite. :cringe:
There's an immunologist I follow on Twatter who has recently - within the last few months - started banging on ad infinitum about she's spent the last 16 years in chronic pain and how she's got endometriosis. No mention - literally not a single peep at all - before about all of this, it's all started in the last 6 months.

Every single test she has had, every diagnostic operation, has come back as negative for endo. Every. Single. One. And she periodically has meltdowns about how she just wants to give up, how awful it is, how alone she is, how her flatmate (who she previously got on fine with) now loathes her. I've been following this bint for a few years and she goes through these cycles - everything is awesome, my life is amazing, I love my flatmate, to everything sucks, my flatmate is awful and my life sucks. A few years back she was all over the bipolar train but I guess Endo is the most popular disease for munchies now

summerandtempest

Clozaril, Lithium and Thorazine, YAAAAYY!
kiwifarms.net
There's an immunologist I follow on Twatter who has recently - within the last few months - started banging on ad infinitum about she's spent the last 16 years in chronic pain and how she's got endometriosis. No mention - literally not a single peep at all - before about all of this, it's all started in the last 6 months.

Every single test she has had, every diagnostic operation, has come back as negative for endo. Every. Single. One. And she periodically has meltdowns about how she just wants to give up, how awful it is, how alone she is, how her flatmate (who she previously got on fine with) now loathes her. I've been following this bint for a few years and she goes through these cycles - everything is awesome, my life is amazing, I love my flatmate, to everything sucks, my flatmate is awful and my life sucks. A few years back she was all over the bipolar train but I guess Endo is the most popular disease for munchies now
This person sounds like she has lolcow potential and I badly want to know more.... Would love a link to her twitter or screencaps if you have them!

potatoe

Meets expectations
kiwifarms.net
Sorry to ask, but I'm not sure which other thread had book recs for people interested in reading about munchies? I'd love a link.
I’m a bit late to this and I see someone directed you to the Kelly thread, but here is the link:

So the poster specifically says do not read “Sickened” but I did and I thought it was pretty good. If you create an account at openlibrary.org you can check it out for free and read it online for two weeks. Note that the pictures inserted about halfway through the book actually contain spoilers about later events, so you might want to go back to them at the end.

Anyway, if you read it all the way through, Google the author when you’re done because you’ll find some interesting rumors.

It seems MBP may run in families.

A couple links of interest:

Julie’s mother responds to events that occur at the end of the book:

Questioning the author’s claims, with a comment from a journalist saying she’s investigating the author for MBP:

StasisOne

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else appalled that Morgan got a wish granted?! I’ve been stewing about this for days now.
She's not even a child.
Apparently she uses a wheelchair now. She mentioned about getting special seats at the concert for it.

Her private journal has been pretty pathetic lately. Lots of photos of her vomiting into bags. She managed to get in home IVIG. She linked an article alluding to "having to choose between her health or her hair", when she obviously just pulled a Britney Spears. She's on too many drugs. In one posts says she taking multiple sedatives, while also taking provigil and ritalin.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else appalled that Morgan got a wish granted?! I’ve been stewing about this for days now.
I mean she’s the woman spending the prime years of her life playing mommy’s sickest little girl so in the end the jokes really on her. She’s not even ruin her life in a way that you can at least look back on fondly (like too much sex, drugs and rock n’ roll).

She’s going to be a miserable, isolated, 45 year old wretch all alone in a nursing home posting photos of her colostomy bag and no one will care.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seriously? Isn't she like 26? She's as old as the parents of some of those kids ffs.
Yes, I’m rather shocked she would even qualify for a “wish”. (Are we sure it’s true?) i figure the only way those foundations would do anything for adults is if they were mentally children (like people over 21 with developmental disabilities).

Things are getting really strange for Morgan as she’s now into her late twenties and still trying to live as a sick child. Given that she was being treated for her munchie mental illness I do wonder how they are subverting the Medicaid system to keep trying to get totally unneeded services.

Could you imagine what these munchies could accomplish if they dedicated the same time and energy they do to trying to get medical attention and sympathy to anything else?

StasisOne

kiwifarms.net
Yes, I’m rather shocked she would even qualify for a “wish”. (Are we sure it’s true?) i figure the only way those foundations would do anything for adults is if they were mentally children (like people over 21 with developmental disabilities).

Things are getting really strange for Morgan as she’s now into her late twenties and still trying to live as a sick child. Given that she was being treated for her munchie mental illness I do wonder how they are subverting the Medicaid system to keep trying to get totally unneeded services.

Could you imagine what these munchies could accomplish if they dedicated the same time and energy they do to trying to get medical attention and sympathy to anything else?
The organization is called "Do it for the Love". They only deal with bringing people to live concerts. She initially posted that she asked for Ariana Grande, but they said no, as she only meets Make A Wish kids. The concert she got is only a 2 hour drive away. So at least they imposed limits

Fattyroad

kiwifarms.net
The organization is called "Do it for the Love". They only deal with bringing people to live concerts. She initially posted that she asked for Ariana Grande, but they said no, as she only meets Make A Wish kids. The concert she got is only a 2 hour drive away. So at least they imposed limits
Their website says they grant wishes for "any person – adult or child – diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition". I didn't know munchausens is life-threatening, but at least it's makes more sense than if it was meant for kids only.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like they sussed out that she's full of shit and did the bare minimum to appease her because they (probably correctly) assumed her mother would kick up a shitstorm of negative press for them if they told her to fuck off.

People who exploit/abuse the nice things that charities do for sick or disabled people have a special place on my shitlist. Defrauding the government and wasting medical time and resources is bad enough (I won't derail the thread by sperging about that, but fuck those people too) but no one is entitled to charity and abusing that just really pisses me the fuck off.

The only thing that really separates Munchausen from any other faker/scammer is the obsession with wasting doctors' time anyway.

lamp shade

Lights and plights.
kiwifarms.net
Found a couple of potential munchie cows if anyone feels like digging deeper. Not sure if they’ve already been recognized in the thread.

One named her ostomy bag...
The other steals the attention of her friend’s service dog (in training) which her friend is totally fine with because it’s not like the whole purpose of a service dog is to be focused on and alert to its handler.

Apologizes if either have already been posted.

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
The other steals the attention of her friend’s service dog (in training) which her friend is totally fine with because it’s not like the whole purpose of a service dog is to be focused on and alert to its handler.
View attachment 695652

Apologizes if either have already been posted.
So she's purposely ruining the training of her friend's dog to act like she needs one too (and had the audacity to claim more than her friend). Oh wow this woman really is a cow. Also I see this everywhere but can these dogs actually detect blood sugar and all that? Like it seems to be the munchie way of trying to prove they need the dogs but I figured at most a dog could be trained to tell the symptoms their particular owner showed before passing out from a lack of sugar or something (and if that's the case then this dog really shouldn't be trained by this "friend" for herself just in case). Not to mention that people with that issue should probably have an insulin pump or whatever is used for those with diabetes

Reactions: Wish a nigga would

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Also I see this everywhere but can these dogs actually detect blood sugar and all that?
Dogs pick up on small increases in isoprene on the human breath that predicate a hypoglycemic episode. They can actually detect certain forms of cancer too, although the mechanism isn't really known.

Because they descended from wolves, who hunt by picking out the sickest, weakest motherfucker they can from the herd. It's useful to be able to smell a variety of disease states.

Tags
spoonies

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino