Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

nothingtoseehere

I do not like this avatar.
kiwifarms.net
So she's purposely ruining the training of her friend's dog to act like she needs one too (and had the audacity to claim more than her friend). Oh wow this woman really is a cow. Also I see this everywhere but can these dogs actually detect blood sugar and all that? Like it seems to be the munchie way of trying to prove they need the dogs but I figured at most a dog could be trained to tell the symptoms their particular owner showed before passing out from a lack of sugar or something (and if that's the case then this dog really shouldn't be trained by this "friend" for herself just in case). Not to mention that people with that issue should probably have an insulin pump or whatever is used for those with diabetes
The friend is even more of a cow. A German living in Australia who claims to have the whole chronic Lyme bullshit, and moans and groans all over the place with mystery symptoms. Seems the only thing she has been admitted to hospital for is suicide attempts.

uwotm8?

kiwifarms.net
The friend is even more of a cow. A German living in Australia who claims to have the whole chronic Lyme bullshit, and moans and groans all over the place with mystery symptoms. Seems the only thing she has been admitted to hospital for is suicide attempts.
Agreed. Amy is an ana chan cow, but her friend is clearly delusional so they're a laugh and a half when put together.
The German also just shaved her head "for charity". Now she looks like an adult sized baby alien.
I also wanna know where she gets her lyme claims from. There's no lyme in Australia.

Chicken Picnic

aka crippled picnic | thanks @pomme
kiwifarms.net
Agreed. Amy is an ana chan cow, but her friend is clearly delusional so they're a laugh and a half when put together.
The German also just shaved her head "for charity". Now she looks like an adult sized baby alien.
I also wanna know where she gets her lyme claims from. There's no lyme in Australia.
View attachment 696385
No Lyme in Australia? I find that hard to believe since everything fucking kills you out there.

Edit: I posted this a bit too early and remembered something. I've seen Any a lot in my recommendations on yt, feel like I need more of a source she's faking. She posts a lot of stuff with her in hospital obviously, but some of the stuff she's been in for and on IV treatment for isn't just stuff you'd give willy-nilly to someone. I believe she was on a lot of potassium infusions recently for example or something like that. The doctors must have done bloods etc on her, I'm confused at why she wouldn't have been caught if she's in hospital having that many invasive procedures. She doesn't seem to shop around, it's the same hospital. she claims to have POTS, EDS and Gastroparesis mainly so I know that's prime content for faking, are people suggesting it's all self induced? If so, this is probably the most shook I've been since Venus had that illegal surgery. Unless there's like hard evidence Im always on the fence with munchie cows, maybe cause of my work and own experiences- I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but some conditions are hard to prove you actually have and being assumed that you're just making it up is horrible. Taking advantage of that and using it for making money etc like cows do really rubs me the wrong way.

So yeah source on Amy pls.

Last edited:

Behavioral Sink

kiwifarms.net
Twitter highlighted #AbledsAreWeird. Like anything disability related on social media, there are always munchies and malingerers.

There's always at least one young white woke queer woman, "how DARE you ask why I have a service dog!"

Then there's the young woman or trans dude whose identity is super invested in being a "crip" and/or "wheelie" despite having a condition that doesn't need a fulltime wheelchair. (If you have backpain, you don't give in to deconditioning in your twenties. You pace yourself, and maybe use the courtesy scooter at the grocery store once a week.)

Gofundme: http://archive.today/DoPGg

If you have an actual medical need for a wheelchair in Canada, you can get one. It may be a long bureaucratic process, and it might not be fancy. But you won't go without. Not to mention that there are tons of used ones available cheap. Seniors with good insurance get nice chairs, barely use them, then die. Families practically give them away.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
low potassium: I have this. if I have to go get a blood test? I eat a fucking banana. cured.

your diet choices account for almost all those metabolic numbers. it's easy for someone to fake this shit: don't eat right. cut out things with potassium in then from your diet for a few weeks, then go in on an empty stomach to get your blood test. insist you're fatigued, fake a faint. you'll get a saline drip and maybe some electrolytes in it.

that's not heavy-duty shit.

now, the ones with lines/ports, they've done this or other munchie tricks often enough to convince a doctor they can't handle so many ivs. once they've got ready access, they can fake anemia, make themselves septic, etc by using that port. they can inject salt water, other things, to fuck up their levels. then they need stronger and stronger treatments. some have injected straight sugar water, thinking they'll pop up as diabetic (and need a dog, pump, etc) but all it does is fuck up the vein, usually, it's kind of nasty.

there's also ways to test for all of these things if any worker involved in the case thinks it's self inflicted; there's very simple ways to test for it. usually though, medical workers like to take patients at their word (unless they're seeking pain medication in the US.)

I don't want to get too detailed because I know these special salty princesses read here and I don't want them to get ideas.

untreated Lyme can cause pretty unpleasant long term damage, like any untreated illness. your body will fight the infection, it'll pass, it's not chronic lyme. it's after effects from interested Lyme, that is all. antibiotics do not fix it. Lyme treatments do not fix it. symptomatic medications are the usual path (inflamed joints get treated as inflamed joints, not asa Lyme infection, etc) also Lyme is a very geographically limited disease.

fibro is a garbage pail diagnosis, like IBS. cfs is a real illness and can be tested for, inpatient, and usually treated as well. there are people with advanced cfs living fairly normal lives, just with a lot of naps.

fibro, ibs... they're symptoms. not diagnoses.

morgellons is my favorite munchie, that and pots/eds. no proof, no signs, just crap. morgellons can be cured with antipsychotics. it's a beautiful thing to see that fixed, I've seen it cured that way and it was amazing.

Last edited:

uwotm8?

kiwifarms.net
No Lyme in Australia? I find that hard to believe since everything fucking kills you out there.

Edit: I posted this a bit too early and remembered something. I've seen Any a lot in my recommendations on yt, feel like I need more of a source she's faking. She posts a lot of stuff with her in hospital obviously, but some of the stuff she's been in for and on IV treatment for isn't just stuff you'd give willy-nilly to someone. I believe she was on a lot of potassium infusions recently for example or something like that. The doctors must have done bloods etc on her, I'm confused at why she wouldn't have been caught if she's in hospital having that many invasive procedures. She doesn't seem to shop around, it's the same hospital. she claims to have POTS, EDS and Gastroparesis mainly so I know that's prime content for faking, are people suggesting it's all self induced? If so, this is probably the most shook I've been since Venus had that illegal surgery. Unless there's like hard evidence Im always on the fence with munchie cows, maybe cause of my work and own experiences- I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but some conditions are hard to prove you actually have and being assumed that you're just making it up is horrible. Taking advantage of that and using it for making money etc like cows do really rubs me the wrong way.

So yeah source on Amy pls.
There's a bunch of shit on reddit, but the tl;dr is she's a closeted ana-chan who started off trying to get in with the ED community and I guess left there in favor of the spoonie shtick. Maybe she couldn't get her ass skinny enough to fit in, who knows. But she most likely had low potassium from the constant purging "draining" through her GJ-tube that she hates to talk about because YOU GUUYYYSSS, you know she can't possibly run feeds because she just cant tolerate them and talking about it makes her feel ewy because god forbid she keeps any calories inside her digestive tract.
She eats burgers, McDonald's, fries and then claims that it's totally okay because she can drain it all (which is total bullshit unless her mouth is as powerful as a top quality blender). She has also never mentioned any clogging of her tube which would be impossible if she really was trying to drain all this shit through her tube.
There's also a bunch of documentation on lolcow (ana-chan threads) about her photo shopping to look skinnier than she actually is and it's pretty god damn laughable. She clearly just wants to look as sick as possible but then claims that at her lowest weight she was horrified by what she saw.
Also pulled a little bit of a vampire Kelly just after she got her Hickman put in. It was some impossible drop in her hemoglobin that occurred completely randomly and she had to get a transfusion.
Loves to tote around a vogmask like all the cool spoonies because of that super severe MCAS that she apparently has, except when it's too inconvenient then it's suddenly fine.

She's clearly hypermobile. She probably does have EDS. But as for the POTS, GP and MCAS? Very doubtful. She's full of a lot of shit. Just because she got some lines and treatment doesn't mean shit imo.

cuddle striker

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone I know insists she has Fibromyalgia. She sure loves her pain pills. Her last doctor put her on an SSRI and vitamin D, fixed the problem right up.
fibro can be a very nasty physical symptom of real depression. having depression sounds mundane to a lot of people because they don't realize how shit it actually is, it's a serious mental illness that has physical symptoms.

opiates have been shown in clinical trials to treat depression, so really, a lot of these addicts are self-medicating with pain pills. they do work. they're just not good for you in the long run/addictive.

I'm glad she's better.

Dad

was voted "Shiniest Hair in the Office"
kiwifarms.net
This might be a powerlevel, but I have a really personal experience with a munchie.

Munchies bother me enough as is, but watching my own family member devolve into this nonsense is just infuriating.

She has a "service dog", the largest dog she could possibly get (a Saint Bernard) and whines all the damn time about anxiety and muh pee tee ess dee. She's completely able bodied. She even played sports growing up. It's just one thing after another. Once the diagnosis of the day is no longer shocking, it's the next one up.

She slipped and fell down the stairs once as a kid. Bent her tailbone, which really hurt but it went back to normal. After that shock wore off, she claimed spinal bifida, and then it somehow became her claiming scoliosis.

Someone in the house is sick? She's sicker. She'd purposely not eat or drink so she'd faint. She was in the nurse's office four days a week, and in the hospital as often as she possibly could be. After learning about the psych unit, she would fake having hallucinations so she could go. Naturally, she'd brag about her meds but never take them (and when she did, she'd brag about the side effects).

It's so frustrating because I know so much about her past and why she's like this, but she refuses to get the right kind of help and will cut anyone who won't enable her out of her life without hesitation... hell, at 17 she replaced her entire family with her 25 year old boyfriend and his family of useful idiots. Burned every bridge because we cared too much to give in to her constant need for pity and attention. Now that she's 18 and sitting pretty with a house full of enablers, there's nothing anyone can do.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
Fibromyalgia is a catch all diagnosis of exclusion. It basically means ‘I can see something is wrong but you don’t fit any profile, take these drugs and go away.’
You get a lot of women told they have it when actually they have undiagnosed rheumatic issues like one of the seronegative arthritis types. The USA hands opioids out like sweeties, so you get a lot of drug seekers as well. Uk and Europe are (depending on country) far stricter on painkillers. I had major abdominal surgery and just got paracetamol after - they really don’t like giving out opioids and fair enough, they’re addictive.

What most patients with a fibro diagnosis need is a decent rheumatology workup, tests for some of the weirder rarer stuff (like Whipple’s disease) to exclude actual physical causes. Then diet and lifestyle changes (weight loss, more excercise.) they also need someone to take them seriously in a way - somatising psychological pain is a real thing.

Cfs is real - there appear to be mitochondrial issues.

IBS is a symptom (as someone said above) and can actually be related to pain through HLA b27- type diseases (Spondylarthritis often presents with IBS and inflammatory bowel disease.) but again these are things you can test for - there’s no single diagnostic yes/no test but there are patterns of lab results and findings on MRI /x ray imaging.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
You get a lot of women told they have it when actually they have undiagnosed rheumatic issues like one of the seronegative arthritis types. The USA hands opioids out like sweeties, so you get a lot of drug seekers as well. Uk and Europe are (depending on country) far stricter on painkillers. I had major abdominal surgery and just got paracetamol after - they really don’t like giving out opioids and fair enough, they’re addictive.
The US is cracking down on opiates. Some hospitals don't even give them out post-op anymore. You aren't really getting shit for a fibro diagnosis now except maybe tramadol/gabapentin if you're lucky. Ten years ago you could sail away on the Good Ship Vicodin though.

Fibro is interesting because everyone who has it has elevated C-RP levels, same as people with severe depression and autoimmune diseases. We did have one patient with fibro who actually had psoriatic arthritis but it went undiagnosed due to no visible external signs. I think fibro ends up being a diagnosis to get patients to go away rather than figuring out what's causing the pain, so I've been pushing to refer these patients to endos/rheumatologists.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
Fibro is interesting because everyone who has it has elevated C-RP levels
Yeah and that in itself is interesting. Inflammation in the chronic form is a modern plague - it seems as though the ‘off’ switch isn’t being hit with inflammation caused by things like obesity, metabolic syndrome etc as opposed to beneficial short term inflammation from injury. So there are a lot of people with elevated CRP and eSR with fuzzy symptoms. Anyone presenting with fibro symptoms needs rheumatology workup - because there’s a big overlap. I mean think of psoriatic arthritis or a seronegative spondylarthopathy - pain, stiffness, cognitive symptoms, it’s all there.

I find munchies fascinating. what makes people want to be sick? The psychology of it is fascinating, from both sides. Because there’s two considerations from the medical side.

1. Rare diseases do exist, and doctors are often egotistical enough to think they can crack a puzzle, while simultaneously..
  2. Humble enough to know that shit does get missed, and ..
3 paranoid enough to dread being responsible for one of those ‘doctors sent little tommy home and told his mum he had a cold, three hours later he was dead’ headlines...

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I find munchies fascinating. what makes people want to be sick? The psychology of it is fascinating, from both sides.
Attention on social media. That's seriously the reason.

Munchies back in the day used to bother healthcare staff as a form of social interaction where they were cared for. Now the modern munchies just post on Instagram to get asspats.

POTS/gastro/EDS are easy to fake. Ever wonder why none of them post their GJ-tubes hooked up to a feed?

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fibromyalgia is a catch all diagnosis of exclusion. It basically means ‘I can see something is wrong but you don’t fit any profile, take these drugs and go away.’

What most patients with a fibro diagnosis need is a decent rheumatology workup, tests for some of the weirder rarer stuff (like Whipple’s disease) to exclude actual physical causes. Then diet and lifestyle changes (weight loss, more excercise.) they also need someone to take them seriously in a way - somatising psychological pain is a real thing.

Cfs is real - there appear to be mitochondrial issues.

IBS is a symptom (as someone said above) and can actually be related to pain through HLA b27- type diseases (Spondylarthritis often presents with IBS and inflammatory bowel disease.) but again these are things you can test for - there’s no single diagnostic yes/no test but there are patterns of lab results and findings on MRI /x ray imaging.
I lived in an area with a big opiate problem and I never met one person who claimed to have fibro who wasn’t a addict/ drug seeker. Fibro became a code word for drug seeking here. For some reason drug seeking men always got some vague “back pain” or slip disc.

It was weird that two identical drug seeking populations could be perfectly split by gender/diagnosis. Never met one man with a Fibro Dx. I always thought it was because doctors were more willing to take complaints of men more seriously (at least initially) than females.

Last edited:

cuddle striker

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I lived in an area with a big opiate problem and I never met one person who claimed to have fibro who was a addict/ drug seeker. Fibro became a code word for drug seeking here. For some reason drug seeking men always got some vague “back pain” or slip disc.

It was weird that two identical drug seeking populations could be perfectly split by gender/diagnosis. Never met one man with a Fibro Dx. I always thought it was because doctors were more willing to take complaints of men more seriously (at least initially) than females.
drug seeking and malingering men complain of different things, though. back pain, headaches, and muscular issues.

munchie men are rare. they're out there, though. usually with a "bum leg" or a "rotator cuff" (no descriptor attached).

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
drug seeking and malingering men complain of different things, though. back pain, headaches, and muscular issues.

munchie men are rare. they're out there, though. usually with a "bum leg" or a "rotator cuff" (no descriptor attached).
The only munchie man I've ever run in to was some frequent flyer at the ER who used to chop his fingers off so he could flirt with the nurses. I guess munchie men go hard. Or they don't really receive asspats for being a sick little princess.

Drug-seeking malingerers are common though. Please tell me more about your 10/10 back pain.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
10/10 back pain = patient whose crumbling lower spine leads to a vertebral process crushing a nerve root over a day or so leading to its eventual dissection. Bone mets. Some slipped discs (they vary.) Spinal (Dural puncture type) headaches.

Edited to avoid double posting. Just looked at the picture of her (morgan’s) feet posted a while back and hey! I found something wrong with her! She appears to have very mild webbing (syndactyly) of her second and third toes on the right foot. Of course this means nothing in and of itself. About 1/2000 people have some degree of it.

And blue veins? Hahahah... those of us from The frozen north are practically translucent year round.

Last edited:
Tags
spoonies

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino