Community Munchausen's by Internet (Malingerers, Munchies, Spoonies, etc) - Feigning Illnesses for Attention

Fliddaroonie

kiwifarms.net
So my sister was moaning about her Lyme disease again. I told her there is no such thing as chronic Lyme and that her joints are just fucked because the Lyme wasn't properly treated. So she tells me that the parasite can morph into another species of parasite. :cringe:
There's an immunologist I follow on Twatter who has recently - within the last few months - started banging on ad infinitum about she's spent the last 16 years in chronic pain and how she's got endometriosis. No mention - literally not a single peep at all - before about all of this, it's all started in the last 6 months.

Every single test she has had, every diagnostic operation, has come back as negative for endo. Every. Single. One. And she periodically has meltdowns about how she just wants to give up, how awful it is, how alone she is, how her flatmate (who she previously got on fine with) now loathes her. I've been following this bint for a few years and she goes through these cycles - everything is awesome, my life is amazing, I love my flatmate, to everything sucks, my flatmate is awful and my life sucks. A few years back she was all over the bipolar train but I guess Endo is the most popular disease for munchies now

summerandtempest

Clozaril, Lithium and Thorazine, YAAAAYY!
kiwifarms.net
There's an immunologist I follow on Twatter who has recently - within the last few months - started banging on ad infinitum about she's spent the last 16 years in chronic pain and how she's got endometriosis. No mention - literally not a single peep at all - before about all of this, it's all started in the last 6 months.

Every single test she has had, every diagnostic operation, has come back as negative for endo. Every. Single. One. And she periodically has meltdowns about how she just wants to give up, how awful it is, how alone she is, how her flatmate (who she previously got on fine with) now loathes her. I've been following this bint for a few years and she goes through these cycles - everything is awesome, my life is amazing, I love my flatmate, to everything sucks, my flatmate is awful and my life sucks. A few years back she was all over the bipolar train but I guess Endo is the most popular disease for munchies now
This person sounds like she has lolcow potential and I badly want to know more.... Would love a link to her twitter or screencaps if you have them!

potatoe

Meets expectations
kiwifarms.net
Sorry to ask, but I'm not sure which other thread had book recs for people interested in reading about munchies? I'd love a link.
I’m a bit late to this and I see someone directed you to the Kelly thread, but here is the link:

So the poster specifically says do not read “Sickened” but I did and I thought it was pretty good. If you create an account at openlibrary.org you can check it out for free and read it online for two weeks. Note that the pictures inserted about halfway through the book actually contain spoilers about later events, so you might want to go back to them at the end.

Anyway, if you read it all the way through, Google the author when you’re done because you’ll find some interesting rumors.

It seems MBP may run in families.

A couple links of interest:

Julie’s mother responds to events that occur at the end of the book:

Questioning the author’s claims, with a comment from a journalist saying she’s investigating the author for MBP:

Reactions: Frogasm

StasisOne

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else appalled that Morgan got a wish granted?! I’ve been stewing about this for days now.
She's not even a child.
Apparently she uses a wheelchair now. She mentioned about getting special seats at the concert for it.

Her private journal has been pretty pathetic lately. Lots of photos of her vomiting into bags. She managed to get in home IVIG. She linked an article alluding to "having to choose between her health or her hair", when she obviously just pulled a Britney Spears. She's on too many drugs. In one posts says she taking multiple sedatives, while also taking provigil and ritalin.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else appalled that Morgan got a wish granted?! I’ve been stewing about this for days now.
I mean she’s the woman spending the prime years of her life playing mommy’s sickest little girl so in the end the jokes really on her. She’s not even ruin her life in a way that you can at least look back on fondly (like too much sex, drugs and rock n’ roll).

She’s going to be a miserable, isolated, 45 year old wretch all alone in a nursing home posting photos of her colostomy bag and no one will care.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seriously? Isn't she like 26? She's as old as the parents of some of those kids ffs.
Yes, I’m rather shocked she would even qualify for a “wish”. (Are we sure it’s true?) i figure the only way those foundations would do anything for adults is if they were mentally children (like people over 21 with developmental disabilities).

Things are getting really strange for Morgan as she’s now into her late twenties and still trying to live as a sick child. Given that she was being treated for her munchie mental illness I do wonder how they are subverting the Medicaid system to keep trying to get totally unneeded services.

Could you imagine what these munchies could accomplish if they dedicated the same time and energy they do to trying to get medical attention and sympathy to anything else?

StasisOne

kiwifarms.net
Yes, I’m rather shocked she would even qualify for a “wish”. (Are we sure it’s true?) i figure the only way those foundations would do anything for adults is if they were mentally children (like people over 21 with developmental disabilities).

Things are getting really strange for Morgan as she’s now into her late twenties and still trying to live as a sick child. Given that she was being treated for her munchie mental illness I do wonder how they are subverting the Medicaid system to keep trying to get totally unneeded services.

Could you imagine what these munchies could accomplish if they dedicated the same time and energy they do to trying to get medical attention and sympathy to anything else?
The organization is called "Do it for the Love". They only deal with bringing people to live concerts. She initially posted that she asked for Ariana Grande, but they said no, as she only meets Make A Wish kids. The concert she got is only a 2 hour drive away. So at least they imposed limits

Fattyroad

kiwifarms.net
The organization is called "Do it for the Love". They only deal with bringing people to live concerts. She initially posted that she asked for Ariana Grande, but they said no, as she only meets Make A Wish kids. The concert she got is only a 2 hour drive away. So at least they imposed limits
Their website says they grant wishes for "any person – adult or child – diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition". I didn't know munchausens is life-threatening, but at least it's makes more sense than if it was meant for kids only.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like they sussed out that she's full of shit and did the bare minimum to appease her because they (probably correctly) assumed her mother would kick up a shitstorm of negative press for them if they told her to fuck off.

People who exploit/abuse the nice things that charities do for sick or disabled people have a special place on my shitlist. Defrauding the government and wasting medical time and resources is bad enough (I won't derail the thread by sperging about that, but fuck those people too) but no one is entitled to charity and abusing that just really pisses me the fuck off.

The only thing that really separates Munchausen from any other faker/scammer is the obsession with wasting doctors' time anyway.

lamp shade

progressive plights
kiwifarms.net
Found a couple of potential munchie cows if anyone feels like digging deeper. Not sure if they’ve already been recognized in the thread.

One named her ostomy bag...
The other steals the attention of her friend’s service dog (in training) which her friend is totally fine with because it’s not like the whole purpose of a service dog is to be focused on and alert to its handler.

Apologizes if either have already been posted.

Reactions: summerandtempest

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
The other steals the attention of her friend’s service dog (in training) which her friend is totally fine with because it’s not like the whole purpose of a service dog is to be focused on and alert to its handler.
View attachment 695652

Apologizes if either have already been posted.
So she's purposely ruining the training of her friend's dog to act like she needs one too (and had the audacity to claim more than her friend). Oh wow this woman really is a cow. Also I see this everywhere but can these dogs actually detect blood sugar and all that? Like it seems to be the munchie way of trying to prove they need the dogs but I figured at most a dog could be trained to tell the symptoms their particular owner showed before passing out from a lack of sugar or something (and if that's the case then this dog really shouldn't be trained by this "friend" for herself just in case). Not to mention that people with that issue should probably have an insulin pump or whatever is used for those with diabetes

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Also I see this everywhere but can these dogs actually detect blood sugar and all that?
Dogs pick up on small increases in isoprene on the human breath that predicate a hypoglycemic episode. They can actually detect certain forms of cancer too, although the mechanism isn't really known.

Because they descended from wolves, who hunt by picking out the sickest, weakest motherfucker they can from the herd. It's useful to be able to smell a variety of disease states.

nothingtoseehere

kiwifarms.net
So she's purposely ruining the training of her friend's dog to act like she needs one too (and had the audacity to claim more than her friend). Oh wow this woman really is a cow. Also I see this everywhere but can these dogs actually detect blood sugar and all that? Like it seems to be the munchie way of trying to prove they need the dogs but I figured at most a dog could be trained to tell the symptoms their particular owner showed before passing out from a lack of sugar or something (and if that's the case then this dog really shouldn't be trained by this "friend" for herself just in case). Not to mention that people with that issue should probably have an insulin pump or whatever is used for those with diabetes
The friend is even more of a cow. A German living in Australia who claims to have the whole chronic Lyme bullshit, and moans and groans all over the place with mystery symptoms. Seems the only thing she has been admitted to hospital for is suicide attempts.

uwotm8?

kiwifarms.net
The friend is even more of a cow. A German living in Australia who claims to have the whole chronic Lyme bullshit, and moans and groans all over the place with mystery symptoms. Seems the only thing she has been admitted to hospital for is suicide attempts.
Agreed. Amy is an ana chan cow, but her friend is clearly delusional so they're a laugh and a half when put together.
The German also just shaved her head "for charity". Now she looks like an adult sized baby alien.
I also wanna know where she gets her lyme claims from. There's no lyme in Australia.

Chicken Picnic

aka crippled picnic
kiwifarms.net
Agreed. Amy is an ana chan cow, but her friend is clearly delusional so they're a laugh and a half when put together.
The German also just shaved her head "for charity". Now she looks like an adult sized baby alien.
I also wanna know where she gets her lyme claims from. There's no lyme in Australia.
View attachment 696385
No Lyme in Australia? I find that hard to believe since everything fucking kills you out there.

Edit: I posted this a bit too early and remembered something. I've seen Any a lot in my recommendations on yt, feel like I need more of a source she's faking. She posts a lot of stuff with her in hospital obviously, but some of the stuff she's been in for and on IV treatment for isn't just stuff you'd give willy-nilly to someone. I believe she was on a lot of potassium infusions recently for example or something like that. The doctors must have done bloods etc on her, I'm confused at why she wouldn't have been caught if she's in hospital having that many invasive procedures. She doesn't seem to shop around, it's the same hospital. she claims to have POTS, EDS and Gastroparesis mainly so I know that's prime content for faking, are people suggesting it's all self induced? If so, this is probably the most shook I've been since Venus had that illegal surgery. Unless there's like hard evidence Im always on the fence with munchie cows, maybe cause of my work and own experiences- I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but some conditions are hard to prove you actually have and being assumed that you're just making it up is horrible. Taking advantage of that and using it for making money etc like cows do really rubs me the wrong way.

So yeah source on Amy pls.

Last edited:
Tags
spoonies

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino