Musical LOLcows -

PurpleSquirrel

"He who dies with the most stories, wins."
kiwifarms.net
Sinead O'Connor has been trying to be relevant again by converting to Islam and changing her name to Shuhada' Davitt. What makes this lolzy is that she recorded herself singing the Adhan (call to prayer), which is prohibited to be sung by women. Also, for someone who ripped up a picture of the Pope for looking the other way with child molestation, she's fine with a faith that thinks its ok to marry little girls.
I've always thought she's the poster child for Unresolved Daddy Issues.

Muh Vagina

Me Lurk a Long Time
kiwifarms.net
Anybody remember Tan Mom? A few years ago, she put out this... thing. She was completely trashed in the video.

Then there was this.

But there's more! A few months ago, this fiasco debuted.

And then there was this a few weeks ago.

I'm guessing that the farms didn't exist when she was at her peak, because she was totally threadworthy.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
I think John Cage might count as something of a musical lolcow. He was an experimental composer and music theorist in the 20th century, best known for his composition 4'33", which consisted of 4 minutes and 33 seconds of total silence.

If you listen to him in interviews, you can see that he had a fairly exceptional perspective on things:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Timecube

Alberto Balsalm

No Xmas for John Quays
kiwifarms.net
I think John Cage might count as something of a musical lolcow. He was an experimental composer and music theorist in the 20th century, best known for his composition 4'33", which consisted of 4 minutes and 33 seconds of total silence.

If you listen to him in interviews, you can see that he had a fairly exceptional perspective on things:
Eh, at this point I just expect experimental artists to sound all *yawn*

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Hobbit

Old Toby, the finest weed in the southfarthing.
kiwifarms.net
So I don't know if he's really a lolcow per se but MunsonCovers deserves some kind of mention for putting out thousands of extremely simplistic, low effort and honestly completely unnecessary "tutorial" videos for several different instruments, all paired up with his gawd-awful singing. When you can take about 15 seconds to find the chords to every fucking song written, I really have no fucking clue why this guy keeps at it every day. If any guitar players listen to one of his fingerstyle videos, you'll know what I'm talking about. What's the point?

simulated goat

pleasant goat beauty
kiwifarms.net
I have enjoyed reading this thread. It's been an informative one. My nominee for LOLcow musician is Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vleit). He is probably best kown for being a friend and collaborator of Frank Zappa.

He ran his band like a cult, renaming them things like 'Zoot Horn Rollo' and 'Antenna Jimmy Semens', Forcing them to live with him in a two-bedroom apartment ( he got one bedroom, the band slept on the floor in the other), which they were forbidden to leave, practicing 14 hours a day or more. Contemporaies described it as 'Mansonesque'. This devolved into occasional violence, both threatened and real when things went south. For instance, one of the bandmembers, tired of his verbal abuse, showed up one day waving a crossbow. Another bandmember was fired by Beefheart by being thrown down a flight of stairs.At another point a guitarist was thrown into a dumpster. Disputes among bandmembers escalated into violent chimped out rages.

His music ranges from fairly accessible to abstract/avant garde. My favorites are probably Spotlight Kid
(the source of the song 'Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles' used by the Coen Bros in Big Lebowski), Shiny Beast and Doc at the Radar Station. He is On a lot of lists for great and/or influential music for Trout Mask Replica, which is an exceptional album on quite a few levels.

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Lurker of many boards
kiwifarms.net

Wasn't gonna root through 11 pages to see if anyone's posted this guy yet, but my friends and I have found great amusement in this man's work. He has a bunch of videos of low-budget black metal (yes I know it's a redundant phrase) in front of a green screen with 90s CGI. Pretty amusing if you're baked.

Chan Fan

Quarantine Queen
kiwifarms.net
Prussian Blue (Lynx and Lamb Gaede) aka the Nazi Twins. I think neither of them believe in White Nationalism anymore. Their mom puts the Dance Mom moms and pageant moms to shame.

El Chombo

Grant Macdonald. You'll probably recognize his Ram Ranch music. Specifically his first Ram Ranch.
He's been making music exactly like this for years, and has over 300 different versions of Ram Ranch.

My favorite philosophical Grant song

And finally, here's a rare clean song by him, about how he wishes he could go back in time to tell a lover how much he loved him.

Tags
None