Musical LOLcows -

Durable Mike Malloy

Fine &/or dandy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recently met a voice double of David Tanny. He even writes goofy parody songs. I'm still trying to figure out how to leverage this. He had no idea who David Tanny was until I actually asked him if he was David Tanny in disguise, or was related somehow. He used to have a show on WFMU.

http://www.quality-schnallity.com/crosswordsongs/thursdaycrossword.mp3

Am I crazy in hearing the similarity here?
Aw shit, I totally used to know that guy! Small world, isn't it?

I bet he'd do a fabulous take on Tanny.

Reactions: Total Dingus

Total Dingus

kiwifarms.net
Aw shit, I totally used to know that guy! Small world, isn't it?

I bet he'd do a fabulous take on Tanny.
No kidding! We know each other through freelance art stuff. Nice guy!

I've been trying to devise a Tanny-plan since I heard his voice. Nothing yet. Perhaps a song about David Tanny himself, in Tanny's twin's voice?

Sonitistic

Basically Promised
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recently met a voice double of David Tanny. He even writes goofy parody songs. I'm still trying to figure out how to leverage this. He had no idea who David Tanny was until I actually asked him if he was David Tanny in disguise, or was related somehow. He used to have a show on WFMU.

http://www.quality-schnallity.com/crosswordsongs/thursdaycrossword.mp3

Am I crazy in hearing the similarity here?
Wow. Wow. That is an uncanny resemblance to Tanny. I would have bet my life on that recording being him. It sounds just like him and its also fucking awful and not funny.

He does seem to have a sense of pitch and melody though. Something Tanny has absolutely none of.

I literally got giddy listening to that.

• Agree
Reactions: Durable Mike Malloy

Durable Mike Malloy

Fine &/or dandy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No kidding! We know each other through freelance art stuff. Nice guy!

I've been trying to devise a Tanny-plan since I heard his voice. Nothing yet. Perhaps a song about David Tanny himself, in Tanny's twin's voice?
Heh, I think there's definitely room in the world for a song about Tanny that isn't (a) straight-up weening or (b) strictly an in-joke among people who have had the poor fortune to deal with him.

Could there be some room to play with Tanny's desire for recognition and concomitant inability to appreciate the fame he's achieved? I think that's a species of absurdity you could sell to our voice double. As I recall, he did a lot of parody-of-parody stuff on his radio show, and if you could hook him with an idea, I expect he'd take it somewhere very satisfying.

Wow. Wow. That is an uncanny resemblance to Tanny. I would have bet my life on that recording being him. It sounds just like him and its also fucking awful and not funny.

He does seem to have a sense of pitch and melody though. Something Tanny has absolutely none of.

I literally got giddy listening to that.
I remember feeling the same way about this guy's radio show as I do about Prairie Home Companion and most of the cartoons in the New Yorker - I simultaneously respect and am baffled by how it seems to hit the mark with its intended audience, as it is almost preternaturally unfunny to me.

Oh, and he's also got creepy-Tanny down pat
. Jeepers.

Gringo

Very Guvking Happy
kiwifarms.net
Alright, so in Norway there's a guy who goes by the name of "Kurt-Arve Washburn". Basically he had his 15 minutes of fame in 2009, on "Norway's Got Talent", but the rabbit hole goes a lot deeper. By his own admission he's written more than 300 songs - relatively inoffensive stuff, really, but the sheer quantity of it, combined with the lack of any real variation, is pretty amusing.

His videos are fantastic, though. Especially when he dresses up in drag and sings "duets" with himself, although he won't admit to it (even going so far as to make a fake facebook profile for "her"). Here are a few choice clips:

Here's him in drag singing a duet with some mulleted guy.

He's also made a "trilogy" of movies, each of them about half an hour long, with musical interludes. It's called "Jesus og Jeg", which translates to "Jesus and Me". It's quite fantastic. Here's the trailer (all 3 "films" are out on youtube, but I suspect they're not as fun if you don't speak norwegian):

• Winner
Reactions: Mystia

Ouija Board

Worldwide Gangster Computer God
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Simply pathetic - but his music is lolcow - worthy, somewhat....
If we're adding actual celebrities to the list I nominate Rihanna and Azealia Banks.

Rihanna may sound good in the studio but if you look at her concerts she can't even sing decently, Here's her singing "Where Have You Been" at Hackney 2012. She just basically yells in the microphone.

Then there's this mic accapella where she sings "We Found Love" on X Factor. She's sounds nasal and a bit offkey here.

Azealia Banks is an up and coming rapper but barely known here in the US, she was signed to Interscope and was going to be on one of Lady Gaga's songs but blew it when she got into a Twitter feud with her. She's burned many bridges by getting into hilarious Twitter feuds. Her breakout album Broke But With Expensive Taste has been delayed time and time again presumably because she was busy feuding with music producers and the like on Twitter. The album was supposed to come out last January.

tehpope

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Azealia Banks is a bit of a sad case. 212 is the fucking shit and its sad to see some with promise throw their career away by Ego. Oh well, at least we have Iggy Azalea. :lol:

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
If I could get away with recommending Insane Clown Posse here, please tell me it's OK for Nickelback to be recommended as well...

Ouija Board

Worldwide Gangster Computer God
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Azealia Banks is a bit of a sad case. 212 is the fucking shit and its sad to see some with promise throw their career away by Ego. Oh well, at least we have Iggy Azalea. :lol:
Yeah she's got talent and I liked her latest video which the name escapes me at the moment but she's so wrapped up in fighting people that she isn't going anywhere with her career. She's no longer with Interscope and is planning on making her own label and going indie.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
If I could get away with recommending Insane Clown Posse here, please tell me it's OK for Nickelback to be recommended as well...
Dunno, aside from the legon of annoying fans the spawned (and existing in general), did Chad Kroger and/or the rest of the band do anything stupid?

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
Dunno, aside from the legon of annoying fans the spawned (and existing in general), did Chad Kroger and/or the rest of the band do anything stupid?
Unfortunately, I can't answer that one easily at all - I do know a lot of internet critics with video shows I watch seem to really hate this band.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, I can't answer that one easily at all - I do know a lot of internet critics with video shows I watch seem to really hate this band.
That's their opinion, just like it's my mother's opinion that she likes them (and I hate them, but that's besides the point).

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
That's their opinion, just like it's my mother's opinion that she likes them (and I hate them, but that's besides the point).
Sigh... Yeah. Spoken for truth... I'm sure I can find someone who is more worthy another time, then.

OBAMATRON

Commander in/or Chief
kiwifarms.net
Anyone in the swag rap scene, especially the white ones.
Riff Raff
Dirt Nasty
Andy Milonakis
V-Nasty
Lil Debbie

Not really lolcows, but rather unamusing caricatures.

Arctic

Grave robber of the internet
kiwifarms.net
Blood on the Dance floor definitely deserves a mention. They're a lot more dangerous than most though, since Dahvie Vanity actually raped a minor according to reports. There's also the constant drama with former bandmates. It's like somebody took ICP and thought "Hmh, this isn't quite enough."

Tags
None