Musicals: Stage and Screen -

APerson

Official Lolcattle Abductor
kiwifarms.net

It's Hamilton time.
BLASPHEMY! There's one true musical featuring the Founding Fathers, and I recently learned that it featured Data in the Broadway revival. :)
Musicals are awesome; my biggest problem is that I have a low voice for a female, so I find it a lot easier and fun to sing along to, say, Valjean's part than Cosette's. It's not a real problem, it just makes it hard to find a good song for karaoke.*sigh*

Henry Bemis

Irony: Not even once.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hamiltonys were last night.

But there was other great stuff, too. Among others:

Reactions: Golly

Lucyfur

kiwifarms.net
Nobody's mentioned A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder yet. I saw it on Broadway before it closed and it was an experience. It started out kind of slow, but Jefferson Mays made the whole show by playing nearly half of the characters.
Another one nobody's mentioned is Something Rotten. Holy shit. That musical left me laughing so hard I started choking on air, to the point where I was literally keeled over on the floor. I especially recommend it if you're really into theater, it helps if you know the musicals they reference. Here's one of my favorites:

Reactions: Bokrug's Basement

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Best musical I've heard the music for because I don't live in new York and I don't have the money to see this.
No one does lol. I think they're going to have an official video recording of the cast in July, though.

Henry Bemis

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Nobody's mentioned A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder yet. I saw it on Broadway before it closed and it was an experience. It started out kind of slow, but Jefferson Mays made the whole show by playing nearly half of the characters.
Caught the tour. It's definitely more droll and pointed than all-out wacky, but once you get used to that, it's a delight. "Sibella" is a gem of a song.

Speaking of gems:

Henry Bemis

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'd be interested to hear what people think of London Road.

I was transfixed by the original cast recording, and recently caught the film adaptation now being released in the States in a very very select number of theaters. It's definitely a discussion piece.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've ended up in a weird musical place.
I found out about a Jack and the Beanstalk anime musical from the 70s.
This is a song from it. I laughed at first, but I think I actually love it.

However, the composer must have been on an intense Jesus Christ Superstar kick because it borrows heavily from:

So now I'm in JCS mode. Here's my favorite Gethsemane (speaking of wild vocal performances).

I must have a thing for vocal masochism.

Last edited:

Henry Bemis

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's Tony season again. Place your bets:

AnxiousRobin

SCARED OF BEANS SPACE BOY?
kiwifarms.net
What musicals do you like and what is one you'd suggest someone to see?

Right now I love listening to Book of Mormon which still holds up since the last time I saw it. The jokes and the songs get stuck in my head constantly.
Another show I would recommend people see is Mean Girls. At first I expected it to be a shallow copy of the movie made for some Millennial dollars but the songs are fun. My favorite is, "Where do You Belong?" Which is sung by Damien, the best character from the movie.

Clockwork_PurBle

"I got a B+ in lurking!"
kiwifarms.net
I'm heavy into theatre, although I surprisingly don't like musicals as much.

However, I really like the music for Book of Mormon.

Any other theatre people on here really tired of these Hamilton spergs who have never even been to s straight play that make us look bad? Tired of these danger hairs.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino