Musicals: Stage and Screen -

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
Sweeney Todd (Anjela Lansbury was the best Mrs. Lovett)

Musical movie so I don't know if you want to count it, but I really like Phantom of the Paradise as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Alto

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Book of Mormon was surprisingly funny.

Beyond that the only one I remember seeing was West Side Story. Not bad, good score.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
I saw Avenue Q last week. It’s good, and some of the songs are more relevant than ever.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
What musicals do you like and what is one you'd suggest someone to see?
I am an unapologetic shill for The Drowsy Chaperone. Its one of the few Broadway musicals I went to that actually exceeded my expectations (the other two were Putnam County Spelling Bee and the first time I saw Fiddler on the Roof). Chaperone is one of those musicals that has to be seen to be believed (in a venue that stages it right), because the soundtrack does not do it justice.

When I'm in a listening mood, I usually stick with the classics:

You're never going to hear an orchestra like that in a modern musical.

And there's this, which might just be the coolest musical-related thing on youtube:

edit: might as well just throw this up here

The oddest Sondheim collaboration.

Last edited:

Oscar Wildean

Happy Helloween.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hunchback Of Notre Dame (broadway version) is one of my favorite musicals. I wish it had gotten more play on the stage.

tangerine pigtails

kiwifarms.net
I've been a fag for the original London production of The Phantom of the Opera since I was a toddler. I'm also really into the Book of Mormon, RENT (the movie version more, funny enough), Mamma Mia!, and Wicked.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino