My Little Brony II: The Cloppening

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

NoonmanR

kiwifarms.net
Same here, watched the first 2 seasons, and i was even part of a mlp imageboard at that time, but as soon as season 2 ended, i flat out dropped the show and stopped posting in that imageboard altogether. I guess i never liked FiM all that much, i was just caught in the hype, since FiM was as its peak during the first couple of years.

Looking back, it saved me a lot of bullshit from the next seasons, Twilight turning into an alicorn, that Molestia drama and all those episodes that were nothing but brony fanwank come to mind, i guess i made the right choice.

And now for the next few years people will claim that Gen 5 "It's not that bad, it's actually pretty comfy and wholesome UwU", yeah, no. I'm not even going to bother with this one, i'm done with anything related to mlp.
Ah, if i'm being honest, for me it's less i didn't like the show and more the "Everyday until you like it" approach it's fans took back then was really wearing on me. Seriously couldn't go anywhere without getting spoonfed copious amounts of horseshit, go to art sites, it's all pony shit, youtube copies amounts of pony like cupcakes and .MOVs some edgelord used to make, hell, fucking/v/ was having fucking meltdowns over it, the worst of which made the admins freeze the board for a day. Try to go to a chill night streams, nope, the admins start interjecting pony clips, and then eventually the full episodes themselves, (iirc) trying to convert everyone else in the channel under the excuse of "Sorry, my friend is making me do it! :^)". Near the end i made the decision to just cut the shit entirely, couldn't tell you if it was a good idea or not because aside from the molestia thing(Metokur did a video on it, annoyingly it seems like it wasn't archived.), i have no fucking clue what you're talking about with most of that.

Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about hearing people talk about Gen 5 much. That movie was more or less on par with a dreamworks production, and not the memorable ones like Shrek, either, more like Captain Underpants, and the wait between it and the tv show is absolutely going to KILL any hype or momentum it has.

Last edited:

Hmmpf!

Heres your mandatory spooky avatar
kiwifarms.net
Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about hearing people talk about Gen 5 much. That movie was more or less on par with a dreamworks production, and not the memorable ones like Shrek, either, more like Captain Underpants, and the wait between it and the tv show is absolutely going to KILL any hype or momentum it has
Not that it has any monentum left anyways.

For context, MLP:FIM was popular at the height of the Western Animation popularity. FIM was indeed popular, but so does Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, etc. But as time goes on, not only those shows are canceled one by one, but the remaining show and new shows that come out like after 2016-2017 is just straight up declining in quality, more preachy, and just straight up mediocre. Pracitcally nobody talks about it anymore by the current times, including even the new 2020 miniseries like Adventure Time in HBO Max. Its not trendy anymore.

For FIM, you can see that their remaining fanbase has been in (massive) decline since 2016 and whats left is the most autistic ones who moans about FIM nearly everyday by the time the finale comes out, which then makes that remaining fanbase leaving even more.

So, G5 is released with such an "illumination-style" mediocre premise, western animation (for kids-YA) in decline, and an extremely fractured "fanbase" that arent even trendy anymore (not to mention its fucking MLP. Imagine explaining being in a Pony fanbase to your friends lmaoo). That will build up momentum allright.

StarDreamer2002

kiwifarms.net
I became a fan of the show in 2011 during the hype and continued to watch it until its end two years ago. It was weird but I really liked the show and thought it was unironically entertaining. And I wouldn't say the show got worse over time.

But like others said, large parts of the fanbase aka bronies were really, really retarded, so I didn't really associate with it. I mean, Chris himself is one and that says everything. I left the community right after the hype ended. Bronyism died down a few years afterwards like others said before. If it wasn't for Chris, I wouldn't have heard any news about MLP and bronies since the show ended two years ago.

make_it_so

A Very Patrick Stewart Christmas
kiwifarms.net
The Brony fansite Equestria Daily has been taken offline because their host, Blogger, marked them as spam.
eqdown.JPG
eqdown2.JPG
eqdown3.JPG
eqdown4.JPG

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Flexin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Equestria Daily...
Now, that's a name I haven't heard in years, man.

Neet Tokusatsu Hero

kiwifarms.net

Kind of surprised that place still existed to be honest.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Kind of surprised that place still existed to be honest.
I’m glad I never got that deep into the fandom that I started going to fan blogs. I had a friend that watched the show up until the last episode and he would read fan fictions and all that sort of trash. I finally managed to bully him out of it by introducing him to new friends as a “pony fucker”.

For me, the worst it ever got was buying the little vinyl figures and grab bags. Though I for one stopped watching after Twilight got her wings. At that point the show was just spinning it’s wheels and frankly there just wasn’t enough Trixie to save it from mediocrity.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Flexin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m glad I never got that deep into the fandom that I started going to fan blogs. I had a friend that watched the show up until the last episode and he would read fan fictions and all that sort of trash. I finally managed to bully him out of it by introducing him to new friends as a “pony fucker”.

For me, the worst it ever got was buying the little vinyl figures and grab bags. Though I for one stopped watching after Twilight got her wings. At that point the show was just spinning it’s wheels and frankly there just wasn’t enough Trixie to save it from mediocrity.
I was deep into the fandom, but I never went to ED because ED was gay.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
I was deep into the fandom, but I never went to ED because ED was gay.
I had heard of ED in passing but I’d never actually bothered looking at it. Mostly because the majority of bronies I knew IRL were fucking creeps. I had one guy go off on me at my job because when he asked I said my favorite was Trixie. I mean the dude was literally screaming.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Flexin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had heard of ED in passing but I’d never actually bothered looking at it. Mostly because the majority of bronies I knew IRL were fucking creeps. I had one guy go off on me at my job because when he asked I said my favorite was Trixie. I mean the dude was literally screaming.
He clearly doesn't have good taste in ponies.

Coolio55

Big lizard girl protects me from cyberbullying >:)
kiwifarms.net
Did you find out what the acceptable choice would have been or was he just having a blimpout because you both wanted to fuck the same horse?

teriyakiburns

I benefit from the Mr. Potato Head syndrome.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine relying on a Google product in 2021.

Juan's Sombrero

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net

Enig

G5fags this is your mindset.
kiwifarms.net
I’m genuinely not sure if he ever said but I think he was simping for Rarity or something like that.
He's a turncoat waifuist of the worst possible kind, he went from being a lizard fucker to a marshmallow fucker and then the gay and pitiful gypsy; not to mention the email leaks in 2017 confirmed he is a corpo informant and that EQD is possibly payrolled by Pawtucket.

AnOminous

Go Speed Racer Go!
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Go to bed, Seth.

Coolio55

Big lizard girl protects me from cyberbullying >:)
kiwifarms.net
He's a turncoat waifuist of the worst possible kind, he went from being a lizard fucker to a marshmallow fucker and then the gay and pitiful gypsy; not to mention the email leaks in 2017 confirmed he is a corpo informant and that EQD is possibly payrolled by Pawtucket.
Which lizard?
Are we talking Chrysalis or Gummy?