My personal thoughts on the state of KF - A normie's take

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

The Last Stand

Justice pour Norma Shearer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll keep this rant as short and sweet as I can.

If you probably haven't heard: Section 230 is looking to be repealed by President Trump because of "Big Tech" regulation with the Internet and his Twitter. I won't get into the details of such, you can go to the corresponding thread for that.

In short, such a repeal would affect smaller websites and communities such as this that don't have the financial backings or lawyer connections that tech giants like Facebook, Twitter would be able to afford liability.

The response to such a dealbreaker was polarizing to say the least. Basically, many here believe that repealing 230 isn't as bad as Null thinks "just to OWN THE LIBS" or because "IT'S TRUMP!"

Push came to shove as the likelihood became more possible to the extent to where A&N is now locked for an indefinite amount of time.

Apparently, this has happened prior because of political discussions affecting the reputation of this site and attracting undesirable sorts.

I've been on this site for two years and can say that the decision to contain and isolate A&N from the rest of the site has merit and reason. A&N is one of the most popular forums on this website, but at what cost? News articles about current events quickly devolve turn into overt racism, anti Semitism, homophobia and narrow minded discourse where slight derivation from the popular consensus is buried or attacked. There's a reason why A&N was originally meant as a containment board and eventually required a T&H status to post.

I hear that right-leaning users flock to A&N and Kiwi Farms because of the freedom they have posting here about their political opinions and beliefs. Kiwi Farms allowed them to anonymously discuss and share their opinions without fear of deletion or ban.

A community cannot survive without rules, regulation or cooperation. A community cannot grow without people. Freedom of speech isn't "free," you can say what you want but not without consequence. From what I've seen, I see why right-wing ideologies are looked down upon on. For all they complain about being silenced, censored, they sure aren't doing themselves any favors by sperging about race, weapons, nationalism and conspiracy. What average person wants to be surrounded by that day in, day out? The self awareness seems to be lost in translation, which proves the horseshoe theory of autistic politics.

The admin that runs this site is trying to tell you the drastic consequences if something gets repealed that is supposed to protect him and this community long term. But it is falling into deaf ears towards the community it's trying to help. It'll come to a point where we won't even have communities like this because we lack the maturity or rationale to step back and regulate ourselves.

28a9cef259f1e897a38e148308c3e962.gif

Maybe we cannot handle the freedom of the Internet.

The High Prophet of Truth

Guiding all to the Great Journey.
kiwifarms.net
I mainly stay on the Election thread only because this is the only place that isn't going "shut up Biden won, and your crazy if you question the slightest thing". I fully understand if Null decides to just axe the whole thing, especially with recent events, though if he does decide to keep it around, have stricter moderation there so more situations of glowies bringing heat on the whole forum doesn't happen.

KingCoelacanth

Click here to change your title
kiwifarms.net
I mainly stay on the Election thread only because this is the only place that isn't going "shut up Biden won, and your crazy if you question the slightest thing". I fully understand if Null decides to just axe the whole thing, especially with recent events, though if he does decide to keep it around, have stricter moderation there so more situations of glowies bringing heat on the whole forum doesn't happen.
There can't be any room for idiots nowadays if you're on the fringe in any way. Whether its a genuine idiot, a loudmouth or a narc, you simply can't let people who make comments that into your community because its just begging to have the hammer brought down on you.

kiwifarms.net
There can't be any room for idiots nowadays if you're on the fringe in any way. Whether its a genuine idiot, a loudmouth or a narc, you simply can't let people who make comments that into your community because its just begging to have the hammer brought down on you.
I've always lurked here and there on this forum, but only joined to talk about the election. It sucks that this place is getting flooded with all sorts of idiots due too everywhere else shunning any slightly right wing speech. Like I said, if Null decides to grant mercy, that place should be heavily moderated so another SIG situation doesn't happen.

make_it_so

Fucking Clown World, Man
kiwifarms.net
Agreed - it's kind of crazy that a website primarily dedicated to a fat autistic manchild who created a Sonic/Pokemon Donut Steel is one of the last refuges on the web to have free and open discussion about politics.

I can certainly understand why @The Last Stand might have distaste for the kind of user generated content that shows up in A&N - hell, the past few days have had a few articles posted straight from Alt-Right websites of the kind that would usually be mocked in Community Watch threads, and I agree that seeing someone post "gee I wonder (((who))) could be behind this?" for the 1000th time is grating. However, I think the fact is even stupid content such as that is what makes this site unique - there really is a full rainbow of opinions and personalities that you can find here, and they can relatively get along. Maybe I'm a bit of an autistic free speech absolutist, but I think it's important to allow all people to have a voice or say what's on their mind, so long as it doesn't reach the levels of outright threats or calls for violence.

And of course, I guess it's that last part that's brought us to this point in the first place.

Last edited:

KingCoelacanth

Click here to change your title
kiwifarms.net
I've always lurked here and there on this forum, but only joined to talk about the election. It sucks that this place is getting flooded with all sorts of idiots due too everywhere else shunning any slightly right wing speech. Like I said, if Null decides to grant mercy, that place should be heavily moderated so another SIG situation doesn't happen.
Null has mentioned a couple of times that he left A&N up solely because he saw discussion there that wouldn't be allowed on other sites.
I guess when sig got banned, people from there started flipping their shit because Null complied with the law (even Moot complied with the FBI multiple times), so now Null sees no reason to stick his neck out for them.

kiwifarms.net
I take it back, axe it Null.
Null has mentioned a couple of times that he left A&N up solely because he saw discussion there that wouldn't be allowed on other sites.
I guess when sig got banned, people from there started flipping their shit because Null complied with the law (even Moot complied with the FBI multiple times), so now Null sees no reason to stick his neck out for them.
It wouldn't be that bad, if all the censoring didn't bring a legion of normal conservatives mixed in with glowies and wignats itching to kill joggers and joos.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm not seeing the full picture, but would it be enforceable if you had to make a certain amount of posts outside A&H to gain access to it? Or at the very least donate to Null?
Maybe there could be a trail period? For instance, the subforum could be locked for any new users to make comments. The lock after getting an account could maybe last 2-4 weeks. If you glow post once, you get a warning. Do it again, you get threadbanned, do it a third time, locked out of the subforum entirely.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
Maybe there could be a trail period? For instance, the subforum could be locked for any new users to make comments. The lock after getting an account could maybe last 2-4 weeks. If you glow post once, you get a warning. Do it again, you get threadbanned, do it a third time, locked out of the subforum entirely.
I guess, but then what's stopping someone from just waiting out their trial period and then posting about Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo?

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess, but then what's stopping someone from just waiting out their trial period and then posting about Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo?
If they do that and don’t stop after being warned, and it’s all on the same day, just permaban them and be done with it. The only way to prevent glow posts is stricter moderation and more rules being enforced.