My personal thoughts on the state of KF - A normie's take

The Last Stand

Saints Row IV Defender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can certainly understand why @The Last Stand might have distaste for the kind of user generated content that shows up in A&N - hell, the past few days have had a few articles posted straight from Alt-Right websites of the kind that would usually be mocked in Community Watch threads, and I agree that seeing someone post "gee I wonder (((who))) could be behind this?" for the 1000th time is grating.
I actually like this community. Maybe not as a whole, but there are like minded, rational, diverse people on here that I wouldn't find anywhere else.

If you act accordingly and civil, you could learn a lot about somebody or something you may not even know about. Kiwi Farms was meant to laugh at those who don't know how to act on the Internet.

However, I think the fact is even stupid content such as that is what makes this site unique - there really is a full rainbow of opinions and personalities that you can find here, and they can relatively get along. Maybe I'm a bit of an autistic free speech absolutist, but I think it's important to allow all people to have a voice or say what's on their mind, so long as it doesn't reach the levels of outright threats or calls for violence.

And of course, I guess it's that last part that's brought us to that point in the first place.
This website is quite diverse for a controversial website. There are people here from around the world, left, right, LGBT, vice versa. You wouldn't know unless they tell you or you ask. That's an achievement in and of itself.

Your point about free speech, I disagree with on principle. It would be impossible to have a free speech platform on the Internet. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

The reason Gab failed as a "free speech platform" was because it ultimately turned into a hugbox for conservatives. And it had limits on what you could post. The Pittsburgh shooting linked to a Gab user posting "1488" anti-Semitic posts. He had a platform that allowed him to have such opinions and act out on them WITH violence.

The Paradox of tolerance plays into that.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
Incidentally, and this is probably just me, but the exclusively political threads tend to be some of the weaker ones. Trump Derangement Syndrome, Trump Enslavement Syndrome, and Biden Derangement Syndrome come to mind (though I'll admit to liking the threads on Social Justice Warriors. SJW Art, and Ben Garrison)

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Incidentally, and this is probably just me, but the exclusively political threads tend to be some of the weaker ones. Trump Derangement Syndrome, Trump Enslavement Syndrome, and Biden Derangement Syndrome come to mind (though I'll admit to liking the threads on Social Justice Warriors. SJW Art, and Ben Garrison)
I like the SJW thread. You don’t have to be right wing to dislike SJWs. Plenty of independents and left wingers don’t like SJWs either. To me at least, the thread is pretty balanced since everyone of all political stripes really don’t like wokescolds and petty tyrants.

The Last Stand

Saints Row IV Defender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they do that and don’t stop after being warned, and it’s all on the same day, just permaban them and be done with it. The only way to prevent glow posts is stricter moderation and more rules being enforced.
This is where Facebook/Twitter/Instagram moderation fails at.

They are obviously biased with what gets enforced and why.

Generally, moderation is supposed to be fair and situational.

They have a TOS but there should be an asterisk next to it that says: *Unless you conform to our beliefs.

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If anything, I think there’s much more to life than just sperging on A&H and Happenings. I’ve noticed that the Election Day Happening has brought out incidents of supposed pro-Trump and pro-Biden shills trying their hardest to not act like lolcows over an election that almost ended a month ago.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net

They have a TOS but there should be an asterisk next to it that says: *Unless you conform to our beliefs.
Idk. If you go far enough, they can ban you. I lost a personal cow of mine (a tranny who took pictures of his ass and sperged about politics) because twitter banned him.

The Last Stand

Saints Row IV Defender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suppose now would be the time to admit this.

I have an elementary understanding of politics. My political beliefs align with my moral compass. It is hard to have both intersect.

I believe being here helped me understand the political landscape, even with the sheer divide made after Trump 2016.

I genuinely try to mean well, but it doesn't always translate well in reality. Whether I'm perpetuating or naive, seeing both sides and the flaws ...

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The main reason for this is money. I believe that some of those companies you mentioned have foreign ties, on top of being paid for by various political groups. Due to the investments, the moderation is uneven because the companies are then at the mercy of pleasing their investors or risking bankruptcy if they pull out. It’s very corrupt.

Rupert Bear

#nutwooddrip
kiwifarms.net
I see why right-wing ideologies are looked down upon on. For all they complain about being silenced, censored, they sure aren't doing themselves any favors by sperging about race, weapons, nationalism and conspiracy. What average person wants to be surrounded by that day in, day out? The self awareness seems to be lost in translation, which proves the horseshoe theory of autistic politics.
But lefty faggots in twitter can claim that all cishet white people are evil and talk about skinning their landlords alive?

The High Prophet of Truth

Guiding all to the Great Journey.
kiwifarms.net
From what i can gather people are angry over the fact that people who question the fundamental narrative have come to the site.
To be fair, it brings a lot of heat on the whole forum to have a ton of people talking about politics that usually devolves into glowposting. Not to mention this is a site that's mainly about laughing at internet retards.

awoo

Awootist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I value the election thread because anywhere else you go on the sanitized big tech internet you'll get slapped for wrongthink for even being skeptical of the election. It's sad that the lolcow forum is the only place to have this discussion.

Bibendum

Rubber baron
kiwifarms.net
I like A&H, despite the retarded replies posted there constantly. Yes, a lot of it is dumb and ugly, but more importantly, it's free. That said, I cannot believe how stupid many on the Right are being about the implications of 230 repeal -- "REPEAL 230 TO OWN THE LIBS" is truly peak retard. Big Tech won't be gutted by repeal, only small sites will be smothered out of existence. Worse, Big Tech will be effectively protected from competition, since disruptive startups won't have the resources to handle massive compliance costs. I wish they'd ask themselves, why would Biden be pushing repeal too if it were truly going to produce my desired outcome? This is a move toward bipartisan tyranny, not greater freedom. If repeal happens, Big Tech will become more censorious then ever before to avoid liability, and the little sites will simply cease operations. Trump is being duped by his beef with Twitter into fucking over his own cause, while his supporters ignorantly cheer it on. It really disappoints me to see a number of rightwingers here be so ungrateful for this last bastion of free internet that they'd gladly see it disappear if it meant Twitter had to hire a couple more lawyers. The joke's on them though, because repeal isn't going to bring down the sites they hate, but it will begin a crackdown on speech the likes of which we've never seen before.

The Last Stand

Saints Row IV Defender
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But lefty faggots in twitter can claim that all cishet white people are evil and talk about skinning their landlords alive?
Oh, I hate Twitter.

It's a toxic cesspool of unironic Communists, pedophiles, racists, celebrities, furries and male feminists. I always thought if the FBI wanted to investigate something, just make a Twitter account. You'd find questionable stuff there in minutes.

That's a fair chunk of their base. I'd say 70%. Or "influencers" with inflated follower counts of zoomers, millennials and attention fiends.

I didn't know 140 characters (or whatever) was enough to say some dumb shit.