My project to use 24/7 outdoor music broadcast to repel urban hoodlums - don't let your memes stay dreams

Jesus Christ man for how long did you keep this up until the guy decided to just pack up and leave his own house xD also: good job, that's some fucking dedication right there!

I wish I had a cooler one to share but I'll share mine regardless: little spoiled wannabe-punk young rich cunt moves in next door to me a while back, does some noisy shit at first, we talk and I make her understand I'm not taking any of her "daddy never said no to me" bullshit. After an eventful rough week she gets better for a few months because I'm not having any shit from her and then all of a sudden she starts running a fucking tatoo parlor from out of her home at nights: every night she comes home and starts receiving clients and doing 2-3 hour tatoo sessions with a fucking loud-ass machine that drove me crazy, every single night from Monday to Saturday. Don't ask me how but there are motorcycles more quiet than whatever shit she had in there.

I talk to her once, twice, three times to tell her (politely) she's being a pain in the ass, to the point where she's basically telling me to fuck off when I try talking to her. When I felt the "being decent" route had reached its limits, I simply started playing death metal at the loudest possible volume every single night when her clients arrive to get inked. I guess the paying customers didn't like that very much because a couple weeks later she stopped receiving people and never went back into it.

What I can't avoid thinking is why the fuck do people have to be like this. If whatever you're doing is going to be foiled by a little loud music playing, you're full of shit to begin with. Why can't you just try not to be a complete asshole instead? Geez.

So yea definitely not as cool as druggie-away sound system or "bark at you" but for sure worked when being nice didn't :lol:
That tattoo machine's name?

Albert Einstein.

Wake me up

CωC Club founder
kiwifarms.net
No, I'm a 100% serious, I would put on loud music on my headphones and I still could listen to that thing for hours every night because the sound was so low and the bass would reverberate everywhere. I could never be sure exactly what she was doing in there but I could always hear her talking about tatoos and the people would leave her apartment saying "thanks a lot, I love it", etc.

So it's the best I can piece together but I might be wrong about exactly what she was doing in there or what the machine was. I can't think of anything else other than she doing tatoos though for several reasons... So I've just always assumed it must've been a cheap loud ass ink pen.

EDIT: a second possibility would be her sowing stuff but that's even more unlikely because you don't receive clients in your home for hours to sow their shit, I have never seen anyone walking out with clothing and sewing machines aren't supposed to be that loud either. So really, no idea but I'll still go with tatooing because she was full of ink herself and I could often hear her talking about ink when they took breaks or finished or whatever.

Last edited:

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
I was wrong about the nigs tampering with the Bluetooth speaker mounted at 15 feet off the ground. They don't have a 12 foot ladder after all, and it's a problem with the speaker itself, not outside interference.

It turns out that what I thought was a secondhand Bose speaker is actually a barely-used $250 Bang & Olufsen "Beoplay A1" speaker, which has a design feature where it automatically shuts down when it overheats. And running the speaker at max volume for 24 hours is apparently enough to overheat it.

I will have to lower the volume and see if that will let me run the speaker on an indefinite basis without overheating.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, I'm a 100% serious, I would put on loud music on my headphones and I still could listen to that thing for hours every night because the sound was so low and the bass would reverberate everywhere. I could never be sure exactly what she was doing in there but I could always hear her talking about tatoos and the people would leave her apartment saying "thanks a lot, I love it", etc.

So it's the best I can piece together but I might be wrong about exactly what she was doing in there or what the machine was. I can't think of anything else other than she doing tatoos though for several reasons... So I've just always assumed it must've been a cheap loud ass ink pen.

EDIT: a second possibility would be her sowing stuff but that's even more unlikely because you don't receive clients in your home for hours to sow their shit, I have never seen anyone walking out with clothing and sewing machines aren't supposed to be that loud either. So really, no idea but I'll still go with tatooing because she was full of ink herself and I could often hear her talking about ink when they took breaks or finished or whatever.
those cheap tattoo machines are loud as fuck

millais

kiwifarms.net
Thanks again for all the music suggestions everyone. I think the current playlist I posted earlier is effective as a deterrent and doesn't require much if any fine tuning.

It's a testament to the playlist's effectiveness that the main problem now is making everything on the physical side of the setup impossible for the criminals to tamper with.

It recently rained here, and the water washed away much of the motor oil slick that I had used to make it impossible for the nigs to climb up to the height of the loud computer speaker unit. So last night, one of the mulatto youths was able to climb up there and slash up all the exterior electrical wiring with a knife and steal the audio jack cable. I have the entire incident recorded on three angles of 480p security camera footage, but unfortunately the local police department considers anything less than 1080p to be inadmissible as identifying evidence, so I haven't even bothered to notify them.

Fortunately the mulatto's knife was very sharp, so it was easy for me to splice all the split wire ends back together and I have remounted the exterior wiring so it will be more difficult to reach and replaced the stolen cable. I also slathered every climbable surface and handhold with that multipurpose lithium grease, so it will be both rain-resistant and slippery. And I loosened the screws and bolts on every climbable piece of exterior railing and fittings so they should be extra wobbly and flimsy on top of the slippery grease

Starting today, I'm also going to stakeout the site from 17:00 until sunset (between ~19:00 to ~20:00 here) for a few days to see if I can catch them in the act and let them have a good long look at the heat I'm packing. Fortunately I have put off installing exterior lighting in that area, so they can't climb in the dark and I only have to watch the spot for about 2 hrs.

It's one thing for them to be climbing up there like monkeys and tampering with the setup with sticks and hands, but the use of the knife is a step too far. We have done too much work to improve the onsite security and safety in recent years to let the criminal element start going back to their old ways of tire irons and knives.

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
Starting today, I'm also going to stakeout the site from 17:00 until sunset (between ~19:00 to ~20:00 here) for a few days to see if I can catch them in the act and let them have a good long look at the heat I'm packing.
I'd probably advise against this, by all means have your gun with you but don't escalate hostilities by brandishing a firearm. Worst case scenario you get fuckin' merc'd. Best case scenario you make national headlines for shooting a mentally ill homeless person who threw a brick at you.

• Feels
Reactions: LiveFromNS

Wake me up

CωC Club founder
kiwifarms.net
@millais please be careful not to escalate things. If you show them what you're packing they might want to show you what they have on their own as well, maybe right then, maybe some other time.. that's how wars are started (:_(

You've fixed your system's weak point already. If I was in your place I'd rather have a few more weakness get exploited and then fixed until you end up with a complete fool-proof system than draw more attention and risk to yourself personally.

Fact is, you're currently winning the war - and the fact they're targetting your setup and not you/your business goes to show that it's not such a bother that they won't just accept defeat once it's totally monkey-proof. You probably know what you're doing but I don't see the point in changing the rules of the game if you're clearly winning already.

• Feels
Reactions: LiveFromNS

millais

kiwifarms.net
I'd probably advise against this, by all means have your gun with you but don't escalate hostilities by brandishing a firearm. Worst case scenario you get fuckin' merc'd. Best case scenario you make national headlines for shooting a mentally ill homeless person who threw a brick at you.
Yes, that is what I have done in the past. I've never pointed my firearm at anyone or even carrying it loaded, and I'm separated from the people on the outside at all times by a locked door or window. It's just another form of visual deterrent. This current crop of hoodrats has not seen me open carrying before, it's mostly a new group, so it is probably about time they get acquainted with the idea that they don't fuck with me or my property.

It's been about one year since the last onsite shooting, so everyone is taking it for granted that it's going to be a picnic.

Kamov Ka-52

аллигатор
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've gotta agree that escalation isn't the way to go. I'd suggest, like I did earlier in the thread, that you should try to get your hands on some cheap 1080p Chinese cameras, that way you'd have some admissible evidence if it were to happen again,

Wake me up

CωC Club founder
kiwifarms.net
Yes, that is what I have done in the past. I've never pointed my firearm at anyone or even carrying it loaded, and I'm separated from the people on the outside at all times by a locked door or window. It's just another form of visual deterrent. This current crop of hoodrats has not seen me open carrying before, it's mostly a new group, so it is probably about time they get acquainted with the idea that they don't fuck with me or my property.

It's been about one year since the last onsite shooting, so everyone is taking it for granted that it's going to be a picnic.
As I said in the last post, you seem to have a grip on the situation, obviously much better than we do but please be safe too. I'm the sort of person that thinks a gun is only meant to be shown if you need to immediately shoot/kill someone - but again, I'm not you, I don't know your neighborhood, etc. Wouldn't hurt thinking things through for a few days before committing either.

millais

kiwifarms.net
Guys chill out, I'm not looking for a fight or confrontation. I'm literally just sitting indoors behind a window or glass door, looking over the troubled area for 2 hours when I would otherwise be stuck in 5pm traffic gridlock anyway. I'm backlit so anyone on the outside can see the silhouette of someone sitting there with a firearm at their side. If they try to fuck with anything, I just tap the glass so they get the message that police are a phone call away

Ever since the big time violent gang types got pushed out of the area, these delinquent youths and junkies and small time dealers are getting real cocky despite the fact that they can't even afford a Saturday night special. They just need a wakeup call reminder that just because things are quiet recently doesn't mean that I'm not any less vigilant.

Oscar Wildean

Happy Helloween.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Play any album by this band.

My friend once played albums by Cock and Ball Torture to get reactions and it worked. It may work too for what you want.

• Late
Reactions: Rat Speaker

millais

kiwifarms.net
The stakeout preparations already paid off big time. Although yesterday was an uneventful night with just the feral cat-feeding schizos making an appearance, today I managed to sic the police on the mulatto who was fucking with the speakers.

It just so happens that the police department is changing out their duty roster for the local beat and community liaison cops for this part of the precinct, so the new cops stopped by to introduce themselves just as I spotted the mulatto and a negress in the middle of climbing over a property boundary fence. Before, they could squeeze through a gap in the fence, but I had sealed it off with heavy gauge wire to make it impassable, so they tried jumping it. Fence jumping (especially on private property) is blatant criminal trespass in these parts, and they would have been booked on a criminal trespass affidavit except for the fact that neither of them could produce a valid photo ID and at the police's discretion, they sometimes prefer to do a first-time offense verbal warning instead of arresting straight away.

They searched the mulatto and didn't find any weapons on him and took down his claimed identity and details to check against the database, so next time they catch him on this property, they will be able to nail him on criminal trespass at a minimum and maybe also hit him with lying about his identity if there's a discrepancy in the info if they book him.

While they were here, I also gave the new cops my security camera footage from the last time the mulatto slashed the electrical wiring, so hopefully that will be of some use in building a case of property damage and criminal trespass against him. Usually 480p quality footage is useless for IDing randos, but the police officers have seen this guy up close in real life now, so they should be able to recognize him in the camera recordings due to his very distinctive appearance and hairstyle.

I hope the popo gave him a good scare and inculcate him with the notion that this property is not going to be nignog jungle gym anymore. Usually the career criminal gangbanger types don't give a shit about being arrested and spending a month in jail over criminal trespass because it's basically free room and board for them and more misdemeanors and felonies on their record don't matter since they are already unemployable and don't care about earning an honest living. But this mulatto claims he is only 17 and just out of school, so maybe he is more impressionable and has a relatively clean record that he would have a vested interest in maintaining.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
It turns out that what I thought was a secondhand Bose speaker is actually a barely-used $250 Bang & Olufsen "Beoplay A1" speaker, which has a design feature where it automatically shuts down when it overheats. And running the speaker at max volume for 24 hours is apparently enough to overheat it.
ANd nobody stole it Yet? i mean 15 feet isnt alot to Climb and that Speaker is realy nice.

millais

kiwifarms.net
ANd nobody stole it Yet? i mean 15 feet isnt alot to Climb and that Speaker is realy nice.
I mounted it in an area that is impossible to climb, and it requires 12 foot (4 meter) ladder to access without climbing. After that, they would need wire cutters, pliers, power drill, and possibly bolt cutters to remove the protective metal enclosure that surrounds the speaker. Also I attached the speaker to the wall surface with this very powerful E6000 industrial adhesive, so I don't think it will be possible to remove without damaging the speaker.

If I had known it was such a nice speaker beforehand, I would not have used it for this project.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
If I had known it was such a nice speaker beforehand, I would not have used it for this project.
i read that, but Bose Speakers are also quite nice and would be stolen if not caged,

I mounted it in an area that is impossible to climb, and it requires 12 foot (4 meter) ladder to access without climbing. After that, they would need wire cutters, pliers, power drill, and possibly bolt cutters to remove the protective metal enclosure that surrounds the speaker. Also I attached the speaker to the wall surface with this very powerful E6000 industrial adhesive, so I don't think it will be possible to remove without damaging the speaker.
You work in Prison Construction? that sound very impressive

millais

kiwifarms.net
i read that, but Bose Speakers are also quite nice and would be stolen if not caged,

You work in Prison Construction? that sound very impressive
No, I just have it set up in a way that it is hard to take down without the type of tools that nigs are unlikely to possess. It's possible to use brute force strength to get the same effect, but unless they set up a tall scaffolding to stand on, it would be difficult to get enough leverage to use that much strength without losing one's balance.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
No, I just have it set up in a way that it is hard to take down without the type of tools that nigs are unlikely to possess. It's possible to use brute force strength to get the same effect, but unless they set up a tall scaffolding to stand on, it would be difficult to get enough leverage to use that much strength without losing one's balance.
I still doesnt understand why you are using this kind of set up, you have Power at the speakers, so why not just get small used boomboxes and let them play music from a MP3 CD in repeat.

• Thunk-Provoking
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino