My project to use 24/7 outdoor music broadcast to repel urban hoodlums - don't let your memes stay dreams

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
I still doesnt understand why you are using this kind of set up, you have Power at the speakers, so why not just get small used boomboxes and let them play music from a MP3 CD in repeat.
That is what I was using at first, but I ran out of computer speakers and MP3 players, so I am just using whatever materials I have on hand. My plan through this whole thing is not to spend any money on supplies, because I am already providing the cost of labor for free. Originally I was hoping ppl in my area would donate their old electronic equipment, but I only had one donation so far.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
That is what I was using at first, but I ran out of computer speakers and MP3 players, so I am just using whatever materials I have on hand. My plan through this whole thing is not to spend any money on supplies, because I am already providing the cost of labor for free. Originally I was hoping in my area would donate their old electronic equipment, but I only had one donation so far.
I mean Classic boomboxes, there were millions sold that could run mp3 CDs, they should cheap at every 2nd hand store by now, just sell that nice box on ebay and buy 5 boom boxes.

millais

kiwifarms.net
I mean Classic boomboxes, there were millions sold that could run mp3 CDs, they should cheap at every 2nd hand store by now, just sell that nice box on ebay and buy 5 boom boxes.
Boomboxes might work with the volume output, but the weight may be enough that I will have to invest more materials in building a stronger mounting system. Right now the computer speakers and bluetooth speakers are light enough to mount with 12 or 14 gauge steel wire and some screws, but I think boombox will require some lumber to build a supporting "shelf" of some kind.

Kommie

We were the great ghosts
kiwifarms.net
I've been wanting to do something just like this for a long time since my town often gets degenerates from out of town/state a lot so being able to blast something back at them would be great.

Reactions: Stoneheart

millais

kiwifarms.net
It just occurred to me that maybe I should put some yodeling songs into the playlist. Yodeling as a vocal technique is supposed to be purpose-designed to carry the sound over long distances, so maybe that could extend the effective range of the music compared to other styles. And the rapid oscillation of pitch is obnoxiously difficult to ignore. Currently there's only maybe 1 or 2 Afrikaans yodeling songs in the now lengthy playlist, so I have not had a chance to really observe any special effect in action. I will have to dig up some of those Quebecois French yodeling songs I remember hearing on Canadian radio.

nonvir_1984

Well, that's all, folks
kiwifarms.net
It just occurred to me that maybe I should put some yodeling songs into the playlist. Yodeling as a vocal technique is supposed to be purpose-designed to carry the sound over long distances, so maybe that could extend the effective range of the music compared to other styles. And the rapid oscillation of pitch is obnoxiously difficult to ignore. Currently there's only maybe 1 or 2 Afrikaans yodeling songs in the now lengthy playlist, so I have not had a chance to really observe any special effect in action. I will have to dig up some of those Quebecois French yodeling songs I remember hearing on Canadian radio.
You might like to consider the Topp Twins: New Zealand’s singing, yodelling, lesbian twins [https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2010/05/22/new_zealands_singing_yodelling_lesbian_twins_star_in_hit_doc.html] I was hoping that they might take to the stage after the call to prayer. I think that would have been a great way to finish off the national day of mourning over CHCH - particularly after the imam had excoriated NZ over being Islamophobic.

millais

kiwifarms.net
Today received some feedback from West African welfare leeches sitting on the sidewalk at the far limit of the music broadcast. They were begging for hiphop music. It seems like they don't realize the music broadcast is intended as a deterrent. It was very comical, seeing as the music had forced them to sit all the way out on the sidewalk for their smoke and liquor.

Speaking of comical, the local American nigs had an atypically big street brawl in the middle of the day, right underneath the loud Bluetooth speaker unit. Unfortunately I missed most of the fight and only arrived in time to see it wind down into an exceptionally loud shouting match while they were evacuating their injured by car/pickup. On the fly, I changed the music track to play 2nd South Carolina String Band's lively rendition of "Dixie", which dispersed the ones who were still standing.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Yodeling as a vocal technique is supposed to be purpose-designed to carry the sound over long distances, so maybe that could extend the effective range of the music compared to other styles.
Well there is Japans revenge on the Germans for not fighting to the end...

millais

kiwifarms.net
Recently I have been using the audio from this specific video clip as the ultimate active dispersal agent for the remotely controlled Bluetooth speaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjqHQDjTeLg

The sound mix of the percussion in the source video is way too dominant and already has an ear-rape distortion, which makes it a very obnoxious jump-scare for the nigs when I switch to this track and they are in the middle of trying to drink/smoke themselves into a stupor or trying to publicly urinate or trying to conduct an inconspicuous drug deal. The fact that the audio already starts in the middle of some heavy percussion without any buildup makes it an excellent jump scare.

Also because it is only a 2 minute track, it is just long enough in length to disperse the nigs outdoors, but short enough that it won't overheat the speakers or be a lengthy annoyance to the people trying to work indoors.

If I'm worried about the speaker overheating and thus cannot risk switching the broadcast to this perfectly obnoxious DDR music, I have to settle for taunting the nigs by switching the audio to Dixie or other slavery-era music. The Dixie track is starting out slow, but by the time it gets into full swing with the Southern-accented vocals, the nigs are usually dispersed. Not as fast as the DDR music, but it gets the job done without overheating the speaker.

Wake me up

CωC Club founder
kiwifarms.net
overheating
I presume overheating has been a major pain then? Does it force you to go out and manually cycle the power or something?

Also, how are your energy bills looking like? I don't mean details, just if it has been a hit or not much. You have what, 3x 24/7 units at this time?

Also that bit about the subhumans not realizing it's a project to shoo them away and coming to your doorstep to request songs is such an epic win lol. You can't have more than 70-80 IQ if you're that hopelessly stupid. I can't even.

millais

kiwifarms.net
Have you considered bagpipes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBw0oCO4C8
If there is music in hell, it will be bagpipes.
oh, that is a very good idea that had not even crossed my mind. I will have to add bagpipes and yodeling next chance I get. I have not updated any of the playlists for a while.
I presume overheating has been a major pain then? Does it force you to go out and manually cycle the power or something?

Also, how are your energy bills looking like? I don't mean details, just if it has been a hit or not much. You have what, 3x 24/7 units at this time?

Also that bit about the subhumans not realizing it's a project to shoo them away and coming to your doorstep to request songs is such an epic win lol. You can't have more than 70-80 IQ if you're that hopelessly stupid. I can't even.
The cost of running the 4x speakers 24/7 is a drop in the bucket in terms of electric bill. There is much more energy intensive demands from equipment that is running every day from the same electric meter like industrial compressors, running motors, indoor/outdoor lighting, etc. Exclusive of labor/time, so far the biggest single cost outlay for me was having to purchase replacements for some of the audio and power cable because they were stolen by nigs before I had perfected the tamper-proof mounting system. Everything else was donated/recycled components or things that were lying around unused.

The overheating problem is particular to the one Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A1 Bluetooth speaker. When it overheats, whether by overexerted operation or hot ambient air temperature, it will automatically decrease the volume to the minimum level without syncing this volume change to the Bluetooth-paired phone. So the phone still mistakenly displays itself playing audio on the highest volume level, and the only way to increase the speaker volume is to get on a ladder and manually push the volume control buttons on the speaker.

So far I have been able to avoid the overheating by running the speaker on 70% volume, which is still pretty loud. So far the record for continual operation without overheating is about 2 weeks. Anyway, since the sound from the speaker conducts very strongly backwards into the interior of the building, it's better not to run it at 100% volume because it might disturb some people indoors. Though I am uncertain if this 70% limit will be able to prevent overheating as the air temperature rises into the hotter season

Doc Cassidy

Notorious Bum Driller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of comical, the local American nigs had an atypically big street brawl in the middle of the day, right underneath the loud Bluetooth speaker unit. Unfortunately I missed most of the fight and only arrived in time to see it wind down into an exceptionally loud shouting match while they were evacuating their injured by car/pickup.
In my experience, black people fight weird. They just sort of prance around occasionally throwing and dodging each others haymakers until they get tired then they shout at each other and just sort of wander away. I've always found that odd.

millais

kiwifarms.net
In my experience, black people fight weird. They just sort of prance around occasionally throwing and dodging each others haymakers until they get tired then they shout at each other and just sort of wander away. I've always found that odd.
yes, it reminded me of the scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey where the two ape tribes squabble over the watering hole

Only I could understand some snippets of what they were shouting at each other, like "das twelve thousand, TWELVE THOUSAND" and "ey, EY you CRAZY?"

At the conclusion of the fight, the winning gang even celebrated like the apes by sitting down on their successfully defended turf and drinking their fill of convenience store liquor before they were dispersed by 2nd South Carolina String Band's rendition of "Dixie"

millais

kiwifarms.net
The hoodrats are evolving.

Yesterday, I noticed the young mulatto and an atypically large gang of maybe six or seven older blacks and their coalburning white groupies sitting around almost directly underneath the loud computer speaker unit. I was busy at the time and noticed that the speaker was in the middle of playing the 45 min Rina Ketty compilation, so I thought I would be able to wrap up my work and come back in time to see that the group had been dispersed, because in the past the 45 min Rina Ketty proved an excellent deterrent since all her songs are very loud, carry far, sound very similar, and the hoodrats won't wait 45 min for the music change to something else easier on their ears.

But I came back five minutes later and they were still hanging around out there to my displeasure. They were not blasting any of their own trash rap music to cover it up, so it seems they have become completely immune to the Rina Ketty. So I manually flipped the MP3 player through about 10 or 15 tracks until I finally got it to play "Drei Lilien", the loud German marching song, in hopes of better effect. This somewhat fazed them to the point that the mulatto got up and I could see him eyeing the wall, trying to figure out how to climb up and destroy the speaker setup again.

That got me real pissed off, but unfortunately I did not have my phone or anything on me to call police or defend myself, so I rashly went out and confronted them straight up. This gang was sitting and talking in such a way that they did not notice me until I was already sitting down right among them and talking right into the mulatto's ear to tell him not to mess with the speakers. I guess it really spooked them that they didn't see me approach and I was suddenly sitting right alongside them, because they usually like to get in a shouting match or try to banter back when I tell them to get off the property, but this time they all backed off right away and dispersed almost immediately.

Then this morning, I noticed two black bums smoking and sitting almost directly underneath the loud Bluetooth speaker, and they were also totally unfazed by the "Sacre Charlemagne" France Gall song that was playing. This was also a surprise, because I thought the France Gall was also effective since it's so loud and she sings everything out of tune and a lot of people can't stand that squeaky teenage French voice. I hope they are not developing an immunity to that, but it could be that they were so high or drug-addled that no music would deter them from loitering. One of them obviously had his brain fried by drugs or mental illness because he tried to heckle me with some barely intelligible rant about wanting the government to give him more gibmedats.

It does bum me out that I might have to take the Rina Ketty compilation out of the playlist. One of the middle aged French-American woman out here likes it, and I also think it's pretty classy and good at balancing out all those noisy Prussian marches.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You should make this into a photo essay or something. It's glorious reading.

Reactions: Rat Speaker

Wake me up

CωC Club founder
kiwifarms.net
The hoodrats are evolving.
Interesting data but two events, even so close together, might just be a random anomaly. A couple days ago a random-ass on the street started talking to me from behind me, where I could not even realize he was addressing me personally, and followed me halfway across a very large street block telling me that we as a race of people are sad because we eat animal meat and they are sad inside us and started telling me about how slaughterhouses work for each different animal, even though I never acknowledged him... my tardy point being that unless you can confirm that your music has stopped working with more evidence, I would just chalk it all up to random chance, the stars being misaligned or whatever.

millais

kiwifarms.net
You should make this into a photo essay or something. It's glorious reading.
I've thought about it, but decided against it as there's enough distinctive landmarks and features in the vicinity of the setup that it would be easy enough to dox me just from Google Maps search. And usually it's tough to take picture/video of the hoodrats because whenever I'm outside I have tools or supplies in hand and I can't do photo/video one handed.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino