Myanmar pursuing ‘ethnic cleansing’ of Rohingya Muslims: UN official - stay safe muslim bros

muina

kiwifarms.net
TEKNAF, BANGLADESH (AFP) - Myanmar is carrying out “ethnic cleansing” of Rohingya Muslims, a UN official reportedly said, as horrifying stories of gang rape, torture and murder emerge from among the thousands who have fled to Bangladesh.

Up to 30,000 people of the impoverished ethnic group have abandoned their homes in Myanmar to escape the unfolding violence, the UN said, after troops poured into the narrow strip where they live earlier this month.

Mr John McKissick, head of the United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR) in the Bangladeshi border town of Cox’s Bazar, told the BBC that troops were “killing men, shooting them, slaughtering children, raping women, burning and looting houses, forcing these people to cross the river” into Bangladesh.

Dhaka has resisted urgent international appeals to open its border to avert a humanitarian crisis, instead telling Myanmar it must do more to prevent the stateless Rohingya minority from entering.

“It’s very difficult for the Bangladeshi government to say the border is open because this would further encourage the government of Myanmar to continue the atrocities and push them out until they have achieved their ultimate goal of ethnic cleansing of the Muslim minority in Myanmar,” Mr McKissick said.

A spokesman for Myanmar President Htin Kyaw slammed the comments.

‘’I would like to question the professionalism and ethics which should be followed and respected by UN staff. He should speak based on concrete and true facts, he shouldn’t make accusations,” Mr Zaw Htay told AFP.

It’s not the first time such claims have been made against Myanmar.

In April 2013, Human Rights Watch said Myanmar was conducting a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya – an accusation rejected by then president Thein Sein as a “smear campaign”.
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/gang-rape-torture-claims-as-rohingya-flee-myanmar

Oh Long Johnson

Collecting your suffering when you die
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They should direct the refugees to Thailand and Requires Hate's hotel.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Myanmar must be part of Bizarro World or some shit like that. Where else would you find Buddhists persecuting Muzzies and not the other way around?
I'm not trying to justify any of this- because seriously, this shit is absolutely inexcusable- but basically Myanmar is so harsh on Muslims (ranging from bias in the legal system to rape and murders in the streets) is because Buddhists are terrified of Islam taking over Myanmar. Islam does not coexist with Buddhism when it's the majority religion (or even a religion with a significant amount of followers). Look what happened to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Indonesia.

Again, not trying to justify what's happening, but looking at the history of Buddhist/Hindu-turned-Muslim countries can provide some insight into why the majority Buddhist Myanmar wants to suppress the Muslim population.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm not trying to justify any of this- because seriously, this shit is absolutely inexcusable- but basically Myanmar is so harsh on Muslims (ranging from bias in the legal system to rape and murders in the streets) is because Buddhists are terrified of Islam taking over Myanmar.
Well, they should be.

NIA-DOA 2.0

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I am not surprised. I am sure if someone did some research on Buddhism's past, there would be plenty of dark spots in its history. The people who praise it as a "progressive", flawless, and scientific religion tend to be SJWs and people who have a new age-y background to them. Ya know the type of thought-process, because it is "non-western and has some good points, it must be far more rational and progressive than that oppressive Christianity".

Hortator

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you put the different ethnic groups of Myanmar next to each other, I doubt you could tell a difference between them. Fuck you Myanmar government

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
I'm not saying Muslims are people, I'm just saying they deserve this.

Honestly, I am not surprised. I am sure if someone did some research on Buddhism's past, there would be plenty of dark spots in its history. The people who praise it as a "progressive", flawless, and scientific religion tend to be SJWs and people who have a new age-y background to them. Ya know the type of thought-process, because it is "non-western and has some good points, it must be far more rational and progressive than that oppressive Christianity".
For example, Zen Buddhism as practiced during the second world war, which worshipped emperor Hirohito as an incarnation of Buddha, and was responsible for indoctrinating the ever popular kamikaze fighters into giving up their lives for the original God Emperor.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm not saying Muslims are people, I'm just saying they deserve this.

For example, Zen Buddhism as practiced during the second world war, which worshipped emperor Hirohito as an incarnation of Buddha, and was responsible for indoctrinating the ever popular kamikaze fighters into giving up their lives for the original God Emperor.
State Shinto is not Buddhism, much less Zen Buddhism.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino