Trainwreck Nailah "Mama Nails" Winkfield / Latasha Spears-Winkfield - Jahi McMath's mother, kept dead child in apartment to play dress-up, put on makeup and paint nails

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dec 9, 2013, Jahi McMath, an obese child with sleep apnea, had surgery at Oakland Children’s hospital. Although the media reported it as tonsillectomy, the child actually had three procedures done: an adenotonsillectomy, uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and submucous resection of bilateral inferior turbinates. While the surgery was uneventful, tragedy, otherwise known as cow-like negligence, ensued. Despite the doctor’s instructions that Jahi was to rest and only communicate via a hospital provided whiteboard, the family posted on social media that she was laughing and speaking.
She was also seen by other patients giggling with her family, talking and even eating a smuggled in McDonald's hamburger. No surprise that the girl started bleeding, and grandmother, a former nurse, was seen with a suction tool, clearing blood away and tragically, also likely removing blood clots that aid in healing. The child lost her airway and decompensated, having a heart attack. A code was called, but sadly, Jahi died. Many post-mortem tests were done to prove that there was no brain-function. A death certificate was issued.

Nailah Winkfield, Jahi’s mother and the mother of three other children (all by different men), along with her brother Omari, was not about to accept the doctor’s racially-biased opinions. Aided by attorney Christopher Dolon, she hit the courts, getting an injunction to prevent the removal of life support. With the help of the Terri Schiavo Foundation, they found a facility in New Jersey willing to accept care of a dead child, St. Peters Hospital in New Jersey, where Jahi was put on a trach vent and a feeding tube was inserted. New Jersey was selected because there, along with New York, a family is allowed to reject a diagnosis of brain death based on religious grounds.

Mama Nails has been periodically although more infrequently updating her facebook with photos of Jahi. These updates often coincide with a court event. She contends her daughter’s skin is looking “flawless” (using heavily shooped photos to hide what some say is decomp).

She has shown videos of her painting Jahi’s dead hands with colorful polish, and has posed her daughter in strange positions, such as sitting with legs crossed, a feat clearly impossible for a dead person.
These photos are often cropped oddly or positioned strangely, certain parts covered with blankets, some say so as not to show the changes death brings.

Dead bodies often have reflexes at the spinal level causing movement and twitches, and Nailah shows those as proof of life, and is hoping they will help overturn the death certificate.

Her youngest daughter must live in the 2 bedroom apartment with a corpse.

Chimpouts: Her facebook is heavily edited to remove dissenting views. It is likely somebody else is now responsible as the writing style has changed. She has used religion and thanked God’s grace for Jahi’s continued “life” while at the same time she chimps out when anybody suggests that Jahi is, in fact, dead, and previous Instagram posts show her fighting with neighbors and kids and showing off her true, ghetto colors. She posts photos out of order, by years, in order to show Jahi at her heallthiest. She has an ongoing GoFundMe which has raised $64,500, some of which she spent on Michael Kors shoes and handbags and fancy dinners out.

The roaches came out for this shit show; lawyers trying to get a payday, fundie doctors trying to change the meaning of death, judges scared of the media. Attorney Christopher Dolan was the first, a personal injury attorney who is using the McMath case to try to overturn California’s cap on malpractice fees. Then the Terri Schaivo Foundation slithered in, then Dr. Shewman, an anti-brain death nut, who travels from case to case declaring there is no such thing as brain death. Dr. Paul Byrne is another, known for his personal views about brain death being a fraud perpetrated by the organ harvesters

More recent videos purport to show Jahi breathing on her own, above ventilator settings, for which there is a valid medical explanation. (A heartbeat at the same time as a ventilator-assisted breath intake can make it appear that somebody is breathing on their own). Jahi is now in the Winkfields New Jersey home, (where the rent has been late to the point of needing attorney intervention) with very expensive home medical care including nurses paid for by the state to keep this dead body functioning. Nailah has lied and said Jahi has gone through puberty in this state, however, photos of Jahi clearly show her with breasts before the surgery. People and caregivers have reported a stench, although medically, oxygenated blood can keep most decomp away. The Winkfields have filed a civil rights lolsuit to void Jahi’s death certificate, (just denied this week) so they can move back to California and get free care, and they have a 45 million dollar malpractice lolsuit in the works, although CA caps malpractice at $250,000. Her attorney has tried to vacate the cap with the voiding of the death certificate.

TL;dr: a dead body is being kept functioning on taxpayer dollars, by a crazy mother who refuses to let her daughter rest in peace, and who likes to relax by purchasing Michael Kors products.

Interesting Reading:

Nailaih Winkfield’s Facebook
Medical Point of View on this case: Doc Bastard – Stories from the Trauma Bay (Search for more posts)
Legal Point of View – Medical Futility, Thaddeus Pope
YouTube Videos of Jahi moving “upon request.”
Tumblr with lots of photos of Jahi, the way she's been shooped, and possible decomp

Last edited by a moderator:

krautkid

kiwifarms.net
This is too much. I came here to laugh at ridiculous cows with diva egos. This is just fucking sad. :(

I can't imagine what sort of pain it is to lose your child even though you probably had a hand in it...but god. Why let that poor girl linger like this? She's not conscious or alive in there. She's just a husk at this point. It's nightmare fodder honestly.

Dorsia.Reservation

When she fuck me good, I take her ass to Dorsia.
kiwifarms.net

Cripple

kiwi faggot enabler
kiwifarms.net
This case hits close to home for me. Just horrific all around.

I see she already had sleep apnea at 10 years old? It sounds like she may have had a deformed airway anyway as it looks like they were trying to remove as much excess tissue as they could, and obesity surely complicated everything. Ten year olds just don't have spontaneous heartattacks.

So a mother that seems to have given no shit about her daughter's health when she was still alive (a hamburger in a hospital, recovering from surgery, really?!) now wants to keep her "alive" forever.

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This case hits close to home for me. Just horrific all around.

I see she already had sleep apnea at 10 years old? It sounds like she may have had a deformed airway anyway as it looks like they were trying to remove as much excess tissue as they could, and obesity surely complicated everything. Ten year olds just don't have spontaneous heartattacks.

So a mother that seems to have given no shit about her daughter's health when she was still alive (a hamburger in a hospital, recovering from surgery, really?!) now wants to keep her "alive" forever.
Yeah, apparently they jumped straight to surgery and didn't want to try the apnea machines and losing weight first.

The family has refused to allow medical records to be released. Because of HIPPA, there is a lot of conjecture about what happened. However, if they do go to trial for their malpractice they will have to allow medical records to be released. I will look forward to that day.

Tiny Clanger

My arse is unravelling
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is too much. I came here to laugh at ridiculous cows with diva egos. This is just fucking sad. :(
To be fair, several of us asked for this on another thread. It IS sad, but if you're outside the US it can be really difficult to find information on this case - so much politicking, religiosity and general jostling for position around the fulcrum of this case obfuscates a lot of the facts.

I can't believe the family are pushing the lawsuits so hard. Don't they realise their own behaviour will come under scrutiny, and it's obvious they were negligent of medical orders at best and, with the grandmother deciding she knew all about the suctioning equipment, possibly much worse?

Of course we feel sorry for the family. But she's dead. How does this abuse of her dignity help anybody? I can - kind of - understand her mother grasping at straws, especially as she knows the family disobeyed post-op orders. The real monsters are the ghouls crowding round using this to promote their cause.

Cripple

kiwi faggot enabler
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, several of us asked for this on another thread. It IS sad, but if you're outside the US it can be really difficult to find information on this case - so much politicking, religiosity and general jostling for position around the fulcrum of this case obfuscates a lot of the facts.

I can't believe the family are pushing the lawsuits so hard. Don't they realise their own behaviour will come under scrutiny, and it's obvious they were negligent of medical orders at best and, with the grandmother deciding she knew all about the suctioning equipment, possibly much worse?

Of course we feel sorry for the family. But she's dead. How does this abuse of her dignity help anybody? I can - kind of - understand her mother grasping at straws, especially as she knows the family disobeyed post-op orders. The real monsters are the ghouls crowding round using this to promote their cause.
I'd also like to know more about why Granny picked up the suctioning equipment instead of calling the nurse-- trying to cover something up? I hope the case goes to trial for the extra info that will come out.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

If it goes to trial the family is fucked due to their provable negligence and gross misconduct. They pinned their hopes on raising a media storm, the religion angle and the race card in hopes of forcing the hospital to settle - which thankfully hasn't worked. The family does not want this to ever go to trial but hope if they can draw it out maybe they can get their payday via a settlement.

In many cases this would have worked, but the fact that the hospital knows/has evidence the family violated many doctors instructions and even used medical devices on her without doctors knowledge gives them a very strong case, so they seem happy to take this to the mat and not give into the family's greedy ploy. As time has dragged on interest in the case has waned and more ppl became disgusted by the family's behavior their leverage to force a settlement has lessened with every passing day.

Helvetica Scenario

Helvetica is a very, very rare occurrence.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

One of the most ridiculous moments in this case came when the family and their huckster lawyer used this MRI from September 2014 - in which Jahi's brain stem (responsible for maintaining heart rate, breathing, sleeping, and eating) and midbrain (associated with vision, hearing, motor control, sleep/wake cycle, alertness, and temperature regulation) is shot full of vast, gaping holes and basically liquefying - to prove to the media that she was absolutely, definitely alive. Does it really matter that her cerebral cortex looks slightly less liquefied when her brain stem's basically dissolved? That is not compatible with life. I'm not a neurologist, a radiologist, or even the guy who sluices the bedpans, but even I can tell looking at this picture that this shit ain't right. And this is the picture they released! This is the stand-out, the star of the show, the absolute best image they had.

The most horrific thing about this image is it's nearly three years old. Now imagine what Jahi's brain must look like today.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino