Law Nancy Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry over President Trump's Ukraine phone call -

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Is Trump impeachment imminent?

• Yes, unless he stonewalls like the CRIMINAL he is

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • No, and no amount of thriller fiction and blubbering from Vox will change that

Votes: 353 80.4%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 49 11.2%

• Total voters

Bongsnake McGee

kiwifarms.net
Just going to be this guy. So I have kept as far away as possible from the impeachment hearings in the house, since Pelosi announced it. Has anything actually happened to either side? Or what do both sides think that they can win and it’s going to fizzle out.
So far the only thing I can tell is that the following image is highly relevant.

1575250445127.png

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
Just going to be this guy. So I have kept as far away as possible from the impeachment hearings in the house, since Pelosi announced it. Has anything actually happened to either side? Or what do both sides think that they can win and it’s going to fizzle out.
It is fizzling out; a week or so back one of the Dems "aha, gotcha!" witnesses testified that he pressured Trump to tell him whether or not he wanted something in exchange for the military aid, and Trump rather testily told him "No, I don't want anything at all." He tried to do a "takesies backsies" and say that "everyone" knew there was a give/take situation surrounding the aid but he can't link it directly to Trump or anyone close enough to matter to Trump.

What they (the Dems) are going to (try) and do is rattle Trump by picking off, say, Giuliani or someone else very close to him (or several someone elses) to send a signal. "We could've shot you..." But they're forgetting (as per usual) that Trump doesn't rattle like that. Censure and move on is probably their next step.

And remember: we're not even at the stage where this is an impeachment investigation. The Dems are just trying to collate information to see if they should have a hearing to determine if they should have an impeachment hearing. This is all handwaving, and the only reason anyone should feel compelled to testify is because they're afraid the optics for refusing will be bad. But as I said before, at this stage the Dems could demand @Null, @HK-47, me, General Grant's Horse and the ghost of George C. Scott testify and if we all wanted to refuse, and then chip in and hire a skywriter to fly over the Capitol building and write LOL GET FUCKED DEMOCRATS, there'd be nothing they could do about it. They are literally doing what mid-sized city cops do to try and pin down a suspect when they have no actual legal recourse, it's following the by-numbers steps. Sigh, cross arms, tell you to come in and answer questions, break out a tape recorder with a theatrical flourish, etc. etc. Fun fact: did you know that if the police ask you to "come in and answer a few questions" you're under no obligation to do so, and if you go, you can get up and walk out?

This is what the Dems are doing right now, and it's going to lead nowhere but a loss of the Senate come 2020. If the democrats think that a blustering, populist Trump who had a mandate and simple majority was capable of ramming through anything and ruining them in the public arena, they haven't even imagined in their worst nightmares what a blustering, populist Trump who is now a Lame Duck president not interested in being elected backed up by a congress and senate full of republicans whom they tried to have arrested and tarred with monikers like "traitors" and "treasonous" are going to do. It's going to be nuclear war.

Malodorous Merkin

Musky
kiwifarms.net
It is fizzling out; a week or so back one of the Dems "aha, gotcha!" witnesses testified that he pressured Trump to tell him whether or not he wanted something in exchange for the military aid, and Trump rather testily told him "No, I don't want anything at all." He tried to do a "takesies backsies" and say that "everyone" knew there was a give/take situation surrounding the aid but he can't link it directly to Trump or anyone close enough to matter to Trump.

What they (the Dems) are going to (try) and do is rattle Trump by picking off, say, Giuliani or someone else very close to him (or several someone elses) to send a signal. "We could've shot you..." But they're forgetting (as per usual) that Trump doesn't rattle like that. Censure and move on is probably their next step.

And remember: we're not even at the stage where this is an impeachment investigation. The Dems are just trying to collate information to see if they should have a hearing to determine if they should have an impeachment hearing. This is all handwaving, and the only reason anyone should feel compelled to testify is because they're afraid the optics for refusing will be bad. But as I said before, at this stage the Dems could demand @Null, @HK-47, me, General Grant's Horse and the ghost of George C. Scott testify and if we all wanted to refuse, and then chip in and hire a skywriter to fly over the Capitol building and write LOL GET FUCKED DEMOCRATS, there'd be nothing they could do about it. They are literally doing what mid-sized city cops do to try and pin down a suspect when they have no actual legal recourse, it's following the by-numbers steps. Sigh, cross arms, tell you to come in and answer questions, break out a tape recorder with a theatrical flourish, etc. etc. Fun fact: did you know that if the police ask you to "come in and answer a few questions" you're under no obligation to do so, and if you go, you can get up and walk out?

This is what the Dems are doing right now, and it's going to lead nowhere but a loss of the Senate come 2020. If the democrats think that a blustering, populist Trump who had a mandate and simple majority was capable of ramming through anything and ruining them in the public arena, they haven't even imagined in their worst nightmares what a blustering, populist Trump who is now a Lame Duck president not interested in being elected backed up by a congress and senate full of republicans whom they tried to have arrested and tarred with monikers like "traitors" and "treasonous" are going to do. It's going to be nuclear war.
The Dems are like cops intimidating witnesses with a lie detector gizmo. It's a useless prop, none of the results are admissible as evidence, and they can't legally force anyone to submit to testing, but, it's all they got, so polygraphs it is, and they'll just pray that a few suckers are dumb enough to fall for it.

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
The Dems are like cops intimidating witnesses with a lie detector gizmo. It's a useless prop, none of the results are admissible as evidence, and they can't legally force anyone to submit to testing, but, it's all they got, so polygraphs it is, and they'll just pray that a few suckers are dumb enough to fall for it.
Precisely. It's funny when it's on The Wire or Homicide: Life on the Streets but when used to depose a sitting president, a lot less so.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
I wonder this much, when Democrats took back the house in 2018, which has historically happened in the first terms of Obama and Clinton, dont know about Bush, where the opposition took back the house. They spinned it as its over for Trump and hes done in 2020. So why not go with the momentum and throw the impeachment at his face. Wasnt it one of the squad that said we will impeach the motherfucker and all the neoliberals think they in Harry Potter.

Anyway Jimmy Dore has a critical view as always of this impeachement.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
it's racist of you to reference greek mythology instead of the illustrious , you're obviously a nazi and hillary clinton will send a death squad after you once she is elected.

What? What? I don't understand this at all. Is this bizarro world in which they're actually just pretending this is all the republican's fault? What???
See thats how DIABOLICAL trump is

he tricked all these SMART (really the Best people) in DC into THINKING he was doing something illegal "without any evidence to back it up" because he KNEW that congress would set up impeachment so he could use it to beat them in congressional elections

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net
It's kind of amazing reading this thread and then watching the news. In the UK the media is treating this like such a fait accompli that the line of questioning is "Could additional charges be added for obstruction of justice?", when as far as I can see they've produced absolutely nothing of substance for the underlying charge used to initiate impeachment in the first case. Seriously, is it just that one phonecall? Because the transcript looked pretty innocuous.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
It's kind of amazing reading this thread and then watching the news. In the UK the media is treating this like such a fait accompli that the line of questioning is "Could additional charges be added for obstruction of justice?", when as far as I can see they've produced absolutely nothing of substance for the underlying charge used to initiate impeachment in the first case. Seriously, is it just that one phonecall? Because the transcript looked pretty innocuous.
They havent even produced any evidence of Obstruction of Justice

they produced a 1/16 chance that an argument might be made that a judge would accept to allow the argument to advance
and there is like a 50/50 chance (at the absolute best). So thats like a 1/32 shot on the highest end. DoJ doesn't file charges on odds that bad

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
White House counsel Pat Cipollone responded to Jerry Nadler's invitation to testify before the House Judiciary Committee and, over the course of four pages, basically calls both Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff punkass bitches -in a pointedly worded legal sense- and telling Nadler to go fuck himself unless he actually allows true due process and fairness going forward.

It is too late to cure the profound procedural deficiencies that have tainted this entire inquiry. Nevertheless, if you are serious about conducting a fair process going forward, and in order to protect the rights and privileges of the President, we may consider participating in future Judiciary Committee proceedings if you afford the Administration the ability to do so meaningfully. As you have acknowledged, the House's "power of impeachment ... demands a rigorous level of due process," and in this context "due process mean(s) ... the right to confront witnesses against you, to call your own witnesses, and to have the assistance of counsel." So far, all of these rights have been violated. Even at this late date, it is not yet clear whether you will afford the President at least these basic, fundamental rights or continue to deny them.

Last edited:

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
At this rate I kinda want them to approve their impeachment nonsense. Once this ends up in Front of the Senate and Chief Justice Robert's all their shit will have to come out. It's like the seems have conveniently forgotten this fact.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The UK media, while worthless as fuck in its own right, is orders of magnitude more fucktarded when it comes to covering the land of borgars, and ESPECIALLY whomever president borgar is. I have sperged about how it and euro media as a whole tends to handle the US before...

The Bush Era's impact on european media really cant be overstated.

Basically euro media sources both right wing and left wing were extremely anti murican and anti bush for various reasons during this time and combined with the fact that the most popular american news sources in Europe at the time were all left wing and anti bush, and that this was all long before the Internet as a source for news really became a thing, this resulted in a uniformly and hyperbolically negative view of a violently imperialist and fascist nuke happy "Jesusland" among europeans since there was literally zero counter point to any of the hysteria unless you had cable and accidentally found yourself watching Fox News.

Incidentally this is why if you watch any british tv show from the bush era you will more likely than not get some astonishingly cringy jabs at the "stupid and evil americans"

Once Obama came along it was a straight up religious mania for how "murica was now redeemed and Obama would bring peace and prosperity to the planet" among these media sources and the politicians/celebs dependant upon them, and this only really started dying down as the Internet became a greater and greater factor in how people got their news and thus they were able to access sources that contradicted the messiah narrative.
TLDR Both left wing and right wing media in europe hate the US for various dumb reasons, which has naturally led them to latch on to left wing media in the US given how these speds tend to hate the US just as much and use them as their *only* sources of news regarding america, resulting in a universally and hyperbolically negative portrayal of the country. Obama was an exception to this because he was portrayed as the anti-bush "redeeming messiah" who would finally make the US into a europe style cucktopia....which meant that the shock of a Drumpf was a thousand times worse.

Hell this is why I remember the day of his inauguration the BBC loudly declaring at least a dozen times in a single news snippet "THIS IS A PRESIDENT ENDORSED BY THE KU KLUX KLAN AND OTHER HATE GROUPS" out of nowhere, solely because there was so much absolute fucking fury in every newspaper editor room in the country. Basically imagine a continent where the only source of news regarding the US and Trump was CNN and MSNBC and you will understand why its reporting is so fucking cringy

Screw Danlon

Bifurcated White Guy
kiwifarms.net
They havent even produced any evidence of Obstruction of Justice

they produced a 1/16 chance that an argument might be made that a judge would accept to allow the argument to advance
and there is like a 50/50 chance (at the absolute best). So thats like a 1/32 shot on the highest end. DoJ doesn't file charges on odds that bad

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

littlearmalite

Любовь зла, полюбишь и козла
kiwifarms.net
I've always preferred this version because of the visuals

I thought we told you not to cite Dr. Steiner's Theory of Mathematic Relative Probability of Victory at Total Nonstop Action's 2008 'Sacrifice' Pay-Per-View. To lump him in with this sort of pseudointellectual bullshit is highly disrespectful to one of the greatest mathematicians of our time.

Neck yourself.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
If you want some further hilarity, apparently Jerry Nadler released the list of witnesses for HIS Impeachment Hearings to start next week. It's all Academic Professors. No actual witnesses of fact. Nobody who has any information about Trump, Ukraine, Biden, etc. Jonathan Turley is one. Nadler is trying to find MSNBC style talking heads to swear that "Orange Man is Bad Must Impeaches!!!!"

No Ma'ams Land

Read Sutter Kane
kiwifarms.net
Some Republican senators recently questioned whether Kyiv tried to sabotage Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016. But the GOP-led Intelligence Committee looked into the theory, and found scant evidence to support it.
Republican-controlled Senate Intelligence Committee thoroughly investigated that theory, according to people with direct knowledge of the inquiry, and found no evidence that Ukraine waged a top-down interference campaign akin to the Kremlin’s efforts to help Trump win in 2016.
Two things. One, what exactly is the "kremlin efforts" they're referring to as documented. Two, aren't they contradicting their own reporting from 2016?

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia. But they were far less concerted or centrally directed than Russia’s alleged hacking and dissemination of Democratic emails.
Oh, right. It was the ROOSKIE HACK they are referring to. The one that was definitely proven and not still baseless conjecture. They use the same "people with knowledge of the situation" line in both articles as well.

Neat.

If you want some further hilarity, apparently Jerry Nadler released the list of witnesses for HIS Impeachment Hearings to start next week. It's all Academic Professors. No actual witnesses of fact. Nobody who has any information about Trump, Ukraine, Biden, etc. Jonathan Turley is one. Nadler is trying to find MSNBC style talking heads to swear that "Orange Man is Bad Must Impeaches!!!!"
They seem more like a kid who has to submit a book report, and just decided to pad it out with useless bullshit when they ran out of things to say.

"In summary Trump is a man of contrasts"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino