Law Nancy Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry over President Trump's Ukraine phone call -

Is Trump impeachment immanent?

• Yes, unless he stonewalls like the CRIMINAL he is

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • No, and no amount of thriller fiction and blubbering from Vox will change that

Votes: 239 83.3%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 21 7.3%

• Total voters

NoblyUnsavage

Russian Zionist Muslim Disinformation Dispenser
kiwifarms.net
It's a contentious topic, we've been dealing with Frank for a long time, and a low-post, avatar-less poster seemed to be basically parroting his gig. It was a natural assumption, but I don't think you're a troll. Just a rough welcome to the farms.
Thanks I guess. I'll just sit the rest of this one out and watch from the sidelines, hopefully a more established poster will ask the questions I'm interested in.

Just take your time to learn the ropes here. A&H is right leaning, but it is willing to hear others out. Also, try not to get too worked up over internet stickers.
Hah yeah I already figured out the stickers thing. You get trolled so much you're gun shy, I won't take it personally. I guess I should pick an avatar!

E: I found the answer to my question on Breitbart of all places. Link
Maybe that will satisfy anyone else with the same confusion.

I'm afraid I don't get the thorium joke, maybe that's why I need to lurk more.

I'm the drunk kind, not the street shitting kind. Well not usually.

Last edited:

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Thanks I guess. I'll just sit the rest of this one out and watch from the sidelines, hopefully a more established poster will ask the questions I'm interested in.

Hah yeah I already figured out the stickers thing. You get trolled so much you're gun shy, I won't take it personally. I guess I should pick an avatar!
What’s your take on thorium reactors?

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
No I'm not shitposting, not trying to stir anything. My questions were genuine, and memberpizzas answer was informative.
By both sides I meant the pro and anti impeachment people in the news, not people here.
The basic thing is that quid pro quo deals are generally referred to as "diplomacy" when they happen between nations, and in no way is it illegal or even slightly inappropriate to investigate potential criminal misconduct. The whole impeachment thing is absolute, utter nonsense being spewed out into the population to make stupid people stupider, and to cover for the extensive CIA activity in Ukraine, one of the hottest spots on Earth for really ugly government fuckery.

NoblyUnsavage

kiwifarms.net
The basic thing is that quid pro quo deals are generally referred to as "diplomacy" when they happen between nations, and in no way is it illegal or even slightly inappropriate to investigate potential criminal misconduct. The whole impeachment thing is absolute, utter nonsense being spewed out into the population to make stupid people stupider, and to cover for the extensive CIA activity in Ukraine, one of the hottest spots on Earth for really ugly government fuckery.
Yeah, that seems backed up from what I've read elsewhere.

Obviously deals wouldn't work if there wasn't a give and take. The accusation is the benefit Trump got was a personal one, rather than one for the US.

It seems like the Democrats need to do a little more to make that accusation stick. That CNN headline was just taking someone out of context like other people here pointed out.

I don't traditionally like the gop, but I also don't like lying. I find myself conflicted.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
Obviously deals wouldn't work if there wasn't a give and take. The accusation is the benefit Trump got was a personal one, rather than one for the US.
Which is itself an interesting double-edged sword, innit? Even were that the issue at hand, and even if there was an explicit or implicit QPQ, it can only benefit Trump... if he's right, and Biden is corrupt and abused his power. If not, Trump just looks like a fool.

I don't traditionally like the gop, but I also don't like lying. I find myself conflicted.
I'm not. I may vote Republican more often than not in federal elections, but I have no love for the GOP itself. It's everything wrong with itself. But this whole mess is a bad farce, an international embarrassment, a waste of taxpayer money, and preventing anything meaningful from getting done by either party.

Last edited:

DemonBox

Autistic Faggot
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that seems backed up from what I've read elsewhere.

It seems like the Democrats need to do a little more to make that accusation stick. That CNN headline was just taking someone out of context like other people here pointed out.

When you find you are conflicted, take in sources from many different outlooks if you are looking for the truth to the situation. Most sources tend to pander to a bias that only a certain side is interested in hearing, as both sides usually show they feel they can never co-exist or work together. If you are looking to keep a steady and stable mindset, you have to analyze and ask people to prove their worth, not by their words or loyalty, by their words turned into actual actions, never out of benefit, out of factually showing their right.

Opinions are opinions, people who live on opinions live in bubbles, the truth/facts is something that does not matter or suit their world view, these are people you want to distance yourself from, they will only drag you in and ditch you when they find they have no more need for you, they don't want to be your friend, they want to use you to reach their goals. It is the animalistic response to keep their ideals alive, even if that ideal is more harmful than it's worth. That's what the media is due to keep alive, because they know when their lies to benefits their own goals actually harms the world, they will shrivel up with whatever malnourished uninformed stubborn individuals decide to stick around.

Learn to stop who is manipulative when there is educated evidence going against their words.

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
The sword of truth is just another weapon. Business as usual has been going on for the past 20 years all based on a bunch of polite fictions. Trump is shredding them, selectively of course, to his own benefit, but also to everyone's benefit to some extent.

If you want to get up to date quick, I can't recommend this video enough.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

If it was a formal impeachment inquiry then you'd be able to go to the courts and demand that they comply with these "subpoenas" under threat of being held in contempt of court, leading to monetary sanctions or potential imprisonment. There's a reason that you can't take any of these denied "subpoenas" to the courts, though, isn't there? I wonder what that reason could be.

If you're not lying through your dentures and what he and his administration is doing is legitimately unlawful, why aren't you doing anything about it other than just bitching on Twitter? Do you think that coming across as complacent and powerless is inspiring to the people you're roping along with this sham of an inquiry? If he is actually, legitimately a rogue President committing a nearly-constant stream of criminal acts, why have you not sent a single "subpoena" to the courts in order to hold them in contempt?

You've already lost.

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
Twitter is the new court of public opinion, sadly. She's just following Queen Hillary's lead and spewing out whatever on Twitter in hopes that it'll snowball directly into being perceived as an actual on the record official statement from the blue side of the House, instead of her shitposting.

What she is forgetting is that she's head to head with the king of shitposting.

On another tack, Lindsay Graham said today that he felt that if there was something there then yes Impeachment should go forward. Was it talking heads taking him out of context, is he playing some 87th Dimension Chess, or is he starting to hedge his bets to protect his career? IOW, does he see something there and is getting worried?

Screw Danlon

The Truncated White Man
kiwifarms.net
On another tack, Lindsay Graham said today that he felt that if there was something there then yes Impeachment should go forward. Was it talking heads taking him out of context, is he playing some 87th Dimension Chess, or is he starting to hedge his bets to protect his career? IOW, does he see something there and is getting worried?
I think it depends on inflection.

Because *IF* there is something there, then yes, the president should at least face an impeachment investigation. The question is whether he thinks there’s actually something there, or this is him taking a hypothetical and saying “do it, faggot.”

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Lindsey is just doing his usual good ol' boy act. He's well known for not liking any of the personalities involved.

He's just doing the old shuck and jive.
Miss Lindsey is up for re-election in 2020 and I suspect impeachment is very unpopular in South Carolina. I’m guessing he’s hedging his bets: looks impartial but is reasonably confident that Trump will be vindicated. His ass is covered either way, which is the only thing he cares about.

NoblyUnsavage

kiwifarms.net
Twitter is the new court of public opinion, sadly. She's just following Queen Hillary's lead and spewing out whatever on Twitter in hopes that it'll snowball directly into being perceived as an actual on the record official statement from the blue side of the House, instead of her shitposting.

What she is forgetting is that she's head to head with the king of shitposting.

I took it as him being a smart ass. "Oh sure, I'm all for impeaching the president, assuming he committed a crime."

He's pointing out that very logical condition for impeachment has not been met. It sounds a lot nicer than "yeah sure morons, I'll impeach Trump for no reason".

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino