UN Navy Secretary Richard Spencer fired over handling of Eddie Gallagher's SEAL trident -

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
cleared of beheading but charged with taking indecent photos. right?

i hear our war fighter population is dwindling as private contracting offers more money.

war is savage, lets stop having goalless wars.
I'm all for letting Islamofascist Terrorists and self-styled Soldiers of Fortune who think they're too badass to be encumbered by any Army's regulations and rules of engagement to LARP it out with live ammo, no matter who "wins" , there will be fewer violent assholes in the world and we don't have to risk the lives of actu.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Allowing our enemies to say "look what the Americans do" to boost recruiting or harden resistance does more harm to our efforts than being selective, restrained, and possibly allowing combatants to escape a fight. Stacking bodies is not the way to win most insurgencies. And shit like this can echo for years.
Yeah, that stupid theory again...
IT DOESNT WORK!

From FM 3-24 (Counterinsurgency):
The US has never won a war under those rules.

You wanna know how you won wars? you bombed cities, you forced civilians into hard labor, you dismantled every organisation that wasnt 100% pro US occupation, you did everything to build a solid nation...

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The solution to the entire middle east problem is Turkey. Let Erdogan annex Syria and Iraq.This entire shitshow started when the ottoman empire was cut up into smaller territories. The entire middle east was historically one country and it should be one country.
I don't think Iran or Saudi Arabia would be happy with a united Middle East, especially not under Turkey.

maalikthefakemuzzie

If you declare yourself as "great", you're not.
kiwifarms.net

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that stupid theory again...
IT DOESNT WORK!

You wanna know how you won wars? you bombed cities, you forced civilians into hard labor, you dismantled every organisation that wasnt 100% pro US occupation, you did everything to build a solid nation...

The Russians and British did the real heavy lifting in WWII, Americans just dropped bombs and cucked the British.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
The Russians and British did the real heavy lifting in WWII, Americans just dropped bombs and cucked the British.

Yeah...now this is not true at all. Even with two extra years of war for the British, American casualties still exceeded those sustained by the UK. In shear number of troops put into combat situations by the Allies, the USA was third after Russia and China, but it's a tad unfair to compare with those two as the vast majority of the war was fought in Russia and China and by necessity the civilian populations were mobilized as meat shields.

I also maintain the Soviets massive combat casualties are not a point in their favor but rather were indicative of how incompetent their leadership was, how ineffectual their strategy was, and how absolutely horrible their army was at fighting a campaign. Quantity has it's own quality for sure, but in the Battle of Berlin to German Boy Scouts killed more Russians then the Russians killed them...so...

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No amount of teeth grinding will change the fact that America almost single-handedly fought the war in the Pacific (well, China did a ton too, but that was mostly at home).

you bombed cities, you forced civilians into hard labor
Are you seriously trying to do this shit as a German, dude?

FuckRightShift

kiwifarms.net
TL;dr: Oh shit nigga even the military is standing by the right to due process/fair trial even though due process, which was found to be compromised, was to take place in a military court

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It worked here, we have a somewhat free and working nation after the occupation.
No nation came out of World War II clean, to be honest. Even outside of Dresden, the firebombing of Tokyo was even worse. You did what you had to do to win. The US should have done a better job at keeping commie shit out of West Germany, though.

oldTireWater

Incompetent as fuck
kiwifarms.net
The US military does a terrible job of following those rules. It understands the concepts of counterinsurgency at a high level, but it really isn't geared towards fighting unconventional opponents. Countering a foreign insurgency with conventional forces is fucking hard, and I don't think we've really pulled it of since the Philippines (and I don't know much about that). Democratic nations would do well to steer clear of insurgencies in general.

you bombed cities, you forced civilians into hard labor, you dismantled every organisation that wasnt 100% pro US occupation, you did everything to build a solid nation...
You can do that in a conventional war against a nation, and then only when you've got enough international backing. That's what the US excels at (WWI, WW2, Korea, Desert Storm). You can't do it when you're trying to preserve/build a nation against a popular internal threat and have questionable support from the international community, and your own citizens (Vietnam, Iraq 2, Afghanistan).

• Autistic
Reactions: OforOwesome

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
You can't do it when you're trying to preserve/build a nation against a popular internal threat and have questionable support from the international community, and your own citizens (Vietnam, Iraq 2, Afghanistan).
What Nation Building? the ideology that was the root for the war is still legal in Iraq and Afghanistan.
International support would be no problem if the US would do it right.Russia and China are fighting the same fight on other battlefields.
The Chinese does it the best, they harvest organs from Terrorists and their supporters.

the problem of the Us is that they are allied to alot of Terrorist countries.
Riad was behind 9/11 and nobody would have cried for them if the US just nuked their whole country.

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
I like it because whether or not this Gallagher guy is a scumbag it sends a message that we aren't just going to railroad our soldiers for minor fuckups spun out of control by a hostile media. Retirement seems like an appropriate punishment which he is now getting. It isn't like he raped some Japanese girl or smuggled drugs.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
The US military does a terrible job of following those rules. It understands the concepts of counterinsurgency at a high level, but it really isn't geared towards fighting unconventional opponents. Countering a foreign insurgency with conventional forces is fucking hard, and I don't think we've really pulled it of since the Philippines (and I don't know much about that). Democratic nations would do well to steer clear of insurgencies in general.

You can do that in a conventional war against a nation, and then only when you've got enough international backing. That's what the US excels at (WWI, WW2, Korea, Desert Storm). You can't do it when you're trying to preserve/build a nation against a popular internal threat and have questionable support from the international community, and your own citizens (Vietnam, Iraq 2, Afghanistan).
Navy SeALS aren't a conventional force, they're part of JSOC. SeALS were specifically created to specialize in unconventional warfare.
Allowing our enemies to say "look what the Americans do" to boost recruiting or harden resistance does more harm to our efforts than being selective, restrained, and possibly allowing combatants to escape a fight
Oh my God LOL are you serious? Let me clue you in on something, you don't win a war by letting your enemies escape to fight another day.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino