UN Navy Secretary Richard Spencer fired over handling of Eddie Gallagher's SEAL trident -

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
The Navy keeps cleaning house. Another one bites the dust. I'm curious to see what the Navy is going to look like, 3-5 years from now.
The US has never won a war under those rules.

You wanna know how you won wars? you bombed cities, you forced civilians into hard labor, you dismantled every organisation that wasnt 100% pro US occupation, you did everything to build a solid nation...

Agreed, we all know it's PR bullshit, especially when you can use half-truths and obfuscate the truth. Civvies don't need to even think about the kitchen and how the sausage is made.

As for Germany, the "Hellstorm" documentary was an absolute eye-opener for me, it covers the German bombings extensively and with excruciating detail. I remember watching long time ago (back when History Channel showed some history) a veteran Lancaster pilot mentioned how the cities were so fucking hot, the hot air would send the bombers up like a baloon, so they had to fly with their noses pointing down to counter the additional lift created by the inferno below. That anecdote has always stuck with me and now I can see why.

The Battle of Hamburg, codenamed Operation Gomorrah, was a campaign of air raids which began on 24 July 1943 and lasted for 8 days and 7 nights. It was at the time the heaviest assault in the history of aerial warfare and was later called the Hiroshima of Germany by British officials.
On the night of 27 July, shortly before midnight,[8] 787 RAF aircraft—74 Wellingtons, 116 Stirlings, 244 Halifaxes and 353 Lancasters— bombed Hamburg.[9] The unusually dry and warm weather, the concentration of the bombing in one area and firefighting limitations due to blockbuster bombs used in the early part of the raid – and the recall of Hanover's firecrews to their own city – culminated in a firestorm. The tornadic fire created a huge inferno with winds of up to 240 kilometres per hour (150 mph) reaching temperatures of 800 °C (1,470 °F) and altitudes in excess of 300 metres (1,000 ft), incinerating more than 21 square kilometres (8 sq mi) of the city. Asphalt streets burst into flame, and fuel oil from damaged and destroyed ships, barges and storage tanks spilled into the water of the canals and the harbour, causing them to ignite as well.

The majority of deaths attributed to Operation Gomorrah occurred on this night. A large number of those killed died seeking safety in bomb shelters and cellars, the firestorm consuming the oxygen in the burning city above. The furious winds created by the firestorm had the power to sweep people up off the streets like dry leaves.

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spencer has been speaking out about this.
View attachment 1032990
Fucking hell, this is someone who questioned the president's authority. You'd think somebody at MSNBC would have taken five seconds to ask themselves "Wait, how the fuck did that Richard Spencer get a high profile government job?"

Oh wait, TDS. Never mind, I answered my own question.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
Part of the reason you have to prosecute what Gallagher did is that you can't then turn around and bitch when the other side does it to you. Yeah, I know that sounds idealistic, but at least, that's the goal.

(No, we weren't as bad as Imperial Japan was. Not by a long shot. Not saying we were angels, but we weren't nearly that fucked up.)

The Turks don't consider themselves Arab, if anything crazy as it sounds they consider themselves European.
That's because they're not Arab. There are Arabs living in Turkey, but ethnically, Turks are not Arab.

And Turkey is both part of Europe and part of Asia.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
That doesn't mean Turkey isn't still part of Europe as well (remember, they were once known as the "Sickman of Europe"?) It's just like Russia is both part of Europe and Asia -- some countries stradle two continents. (Might also be the case with Mexico, but I'm not sure)

Okay, now this is off topic. That concludes your geography lesson for today.

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
I've been reading into some of the background of this case, and this feels like it's duplicity and bizarro world all the way down. I realize it's UCMJ shit, so it's kind of backwards anyway, but man, this all sounds fucked.

For starters it looks like the military's prosecution team was spying, or attempting to spy, on the defense with spyware hidden in emails. Which is.... well, it's pretty fucked up no matter what legal system you're being tried in.

So then they give another SEAL immunity to testify against Gallagher, and that guy takes the stand and HE ADMITS TO THE KILLING that is at the root of the trial.

So Gallagher gets aquitted of everything but taking a naughty selfie, because at this point it's a shitshow. He's released with time served and a one-rank demotion. So the prosecutors all give themselves medals and pat themselves on the back for a job... well done? Because that's what fuck ups do in the military, paper over shit with commendations, I guess.

Then Trump calls them all fuckin' losers and orders their medals be rescinded. Which I guess made them all butthurt, and that's why they started to move to try to take Gallagher's SEAL trident. Because they got their peepees slapped by the Head Nigger in Charge?

If this was all dick measuring, fuck 'em all.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
The Achievement Medal is the booby prize of the Armed Forces. It's the equivalent to getting employee of the month at some stupid corporate office job or waitressing at Hooters. The fact that the President himself would step in a rescind that is a real bitch slap. I mean, he can do it but damn that must have really stung. The fact they were getting achievement medals for the trial at all was kind of an insult already. Ouch.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino