NBA's Apology to China Draws Outrage Across Political Spectrum - "we love Chinese money more than we love freedom and democracy"

AltisticRight

Matt Jarbo is not the father.
kiwifarms.net
Oh looky here NBA, you can't win. NBA's ban of Donald Sterling because of his remarks on n_ggers, which definitely is covered under the first-fucking-amendment. Supporting the HK shitshow, even the violence ones, is definitely covered by the AMERICAN 1A too. What, China doens't like it so you have to bow down and compromise your principles, or you're just a money hungry whore? I just learned about this, I'm retracting any sympathies I had towards the NBA.

How the fuck is Sterling a racist? He is DATING A NIGGER SPIK. He is just insecure about his sexuality at most. Racists believe their race is superior, no racist will fuck a nigger unless he's from the alt-right. Even if he was, so what? The first amendment allows me to call niggers black people (lol, people, yeah), Chinks Asian, Crackas white, zeig heil, cite the shahada, and state that traps are gay and Farms users are proven by science to be on the far right end of the autism spectrum.
(Sterling didn't want his GF posting photos of her with nogs on Instagram and doesn't want her nog friends brought to his games, the guy is insecure about his dick, not a fucking racist).

So NBA, do you stand up to the superior American values of Freedom of Speech, or the juicy money and you will cuck to whatever side if it means you're gonna grub less shekelz at your next gay event of putting orange balls in hoops?

I rest my case. I support the Chinese going after them for hurting their feel-feels, and I support the west going after them for their shekel lust. I was feeling sympathetic towards the NBA as I believe the case was a misunderstanding and hope it's resolved, obviously China has a very homosexual definition of what constitutes "FREEDOM of speech". Not any more, enjoy losing shekelz from both ends, whore.

notracist.jpg

Lol fined 2.5 million for being insecure about your small dick. Such a racist, for letting blacks play at his games and burning coal himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: millais

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
The most interesting part about this story to me is that the NBA immediately got on their knees to beg forgiveness, and yet China refused their apology and as of yesterday were still pulling out of everything Rockets related.

China is the SJWs of the world so far: there's no use in apologizing because it will never be enough for them and they will not forgive you.

Except now the NBA is looking bad from a PR standpoint AND still losing that Chinese money.

There's two NBA exhibition games still on for next week, so we'll see how those go.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Funny how the NBA has no "Colin Kaepernick" figure to protest over this.

I can't expect Kaepernick himself to stand up for the freedom and rights of Chinese people, he needs their slave labor to manufacture the Nike shoes he's currently pimping for.

AltisticRight

Matt Jarbo is not the father.
kiwifarms.net
Funny how the NBA has no "Colin Kaepernick" figure to protest over this.

I can't expect Kaepernick himself to stand up for the freedom and rights of Chinese people, he needs their slave labor to manufacture the Nike shoes he's currently pimping for.
The NBA has no spine.

The most interesting part about this story to me is that the NBA immediately got on their knees to beg forgiveness, and yet China refused their apology and as of yesterday were still pulling out of everything Rockets related.

China is the SJWs of the world so far: there's no use in apologizing because it will never be enough for them and they will not forgive you.
This clearly has something to do with the trade war rubbish. China is just doing this to be petty and annoying, being an arsepain because "them fucking 美國佬".

And to be fair, the police in HK has been pretty lenient. Go look up how Chinese police handled the anti-Japanese originally peaceful protest turned riots back in the days, people were basically smacked out. They aren't doing much shit for very obvious reasons, at least to those who follow this mess. They want to fuck over the agreement and institute mainland-styled education after the normies who just want to work get pushed to the limits. If you look on HK social media, there's already people being extremely aggressive and pissed about the road closures and subway being fucked up. It's a tiny group of wackos that can be easily dissolved so the remaining can voice their concerns peacefully.

Last edited:

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Something I just realized: The United States' debt to China, as of May 2019, is $1.1 trillion.

I don't know if that plays a part in this; it made me wonder if one day, China will capitalize on the debt and just have stake in associations like the NBA. Or use it as leverage to issue more tariffs with trading. I'm not a geopolitical person; I'm asking if this would cause any long term ramifications with our relationship with China.
Oh it plays a very big part. When was the last time you heard about the cause célèbre of the 80's-90's that was 'Free Tibet'?
Hollywood was all about that at one stage but it seems very silent on the issue now that it's so heavilly dependent on the Chinese box office to turn a profit.
On the one hand if China stopped buying US bonds it was have a devestating impact on the US ability to borrow, on the other hand bankrupting a nation that owes you that much money isn't a great idea, it's like they say, 'if I owe you a thousand bucks that's my problem, if I owe you a trillion bucks, that's very much your problem'.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Oh it plays a very big part. When was the last time you heard about the cause célèbre of the 80's-90's that was 'Free Tibet'?
Hollywood was all about that at one stage but it seems very silent on the issue now that it's so heavilly dependent on the Chinese box office to turn a profit.
Hell, that one actress playing Mulan in the upcoming Disney remake went into radio silence since her tweet (I don't know if she's come back yet).

Edit: Yep, she hasn't posted anything to Twitter and Instagram since July 20th.

Last edited:

The Vinyl Solution

adolph hipster was already taken
kiwifarms.net
Activision-Blizzard just cucked to China as well.

Blizzard Bans Gamer, Rescinds Money, on Hong Kong Protest Support
By
Gregor Stuart Hunter
and
Zheping Huang
Tuesday, October 08, 2019 08:40:31

https://archive.li/o/jbtrZ/https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2Farticles%2F2019-10-08%2Fblizzard-bans-gamer-rescinds-money-on-hong-kong-protest-support

A unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. has punished a player for expressing support for Hong Kong’s protest movement, the latest example of a U.S. company attempting to rein in speech that might displease the Chinese communist party.

Blizzard Entertainment said it was banning Ng Wai Chung, also known as Blitzchung, from its professional Hearthstone esports competition for a year. Blizzard is also withholding money he had already earned in the company’s top-tier Grandmasters tournament, which Ng said in a Twitter message cost him $10,000 of prize earnings. The move was triggered when Ng -- dressed in a gas mask and goggles in defiance of authorities’ ban on face masks -- used a slogan in support of Hong Kong’s pro-democracy protesters during a post-match interview.

“After an investigation, we are taking the necessary actions to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future,” Blizzard said in a statement. On Chinese microblogging site Weibo, the official account of Hearthstone reposted Blizzard’s statement in Chinese. “We will, as always, resolutely safeguard the country’s dignity,” it added.

China’s Online Army Shows Foreign Brands Who’s in Charge

Activision Blizzard joins a number of international companies finding themselves embroiled in controversy around free speech linked to China. Luxury brands like Versace, Coach and Givenchy have all fallen foul of Beijing’s demands to refer to both Hong Kong and Taiwan as parts of its territory and not suggest they are independent nations.

Even national darling and tech titan Huawei Technologies Co. found itself under fire for the way it represented Taipei in its phone software. And most recently, China’s state media halted NBA broadcasts after Daryl Morey, general manager of the Houston Rockets, tweeted an image supporting Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement. During the summer, China also requested more than 40 foreign airlines stop referring to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan as separate countries.
“As you know, there are serious protests in my country now,” Ng said in a statement to gaming blog Inven Global. “My call on stream was just another form of participation of the protest that I wish to grab more attention.”
Activision Blizzard has tie-ups with Chinese gaming houses Tencent Holdings Ltd. and NetEase Inc. to distribute -- and in some cases co-develop -- new entries in beloved franchises like Call of Duty and Diablo in the world’s biggest video game market and beyond. There’s a lot at stake for the company, which happens to be part-owned by Tencent, as it ventures deeper into China.

Long story short: Pro Hearthstone player is forced to give back his prize money and gets banned for a year for voicing his support of Hong Kong on a card game e-sports(lul) stream. Blizzard also banned the casters of the event despite them not knowing what the player would say.

Jmz_33

kiwifarms.net
Activision-Blizzard just cucked to China as well.

Blizzard Bans Gamer, Rescinds Money, on Hong Kong Protest Support
By
Gregor Stuart Hunter
and
Zheping Huang
Tuesday, October 08, 2019 08:40:31

https://archive.li/o/jbtrZ/https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-08/blizzard-bans-gamer-rescinds-money-on-hong-kong-protest-support

A unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. has punished a player for expressing support for Hong Kong’s protest movement, the latest example of a U.S. company attempting to rein in speech that might displease the Chinese communist party.

Blizzard Entertainment said it was banning Ng Wai Chung, also known as Blitzchung, from its professional Hearthstone esports competition for a year. Blizzard is also withholding money he had already earned in the company’s top-tier Grandmasters tournament, which Ng said in a Twitter message cost him $10,000 of prize earnings. The move was triggered when Ng -- dressed in a gas mask and goggles in defiance of authorities’ ban on face masks -- used a slogan in support of Hong Kong’s pro-democracy protesters during a post-match interview.

“After an investigation, we are taking the necessary actions to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future,” Blizzard said in a statement. On Chinese microblogging site Weibo, the official account of Hearthstone reposted Blizzard’s statement in Chinese. “We will, as always, resolutely safeguard the country’s dignity,” it added.

China’s Online Army Shows Foreign Brands Who’s in Charge

Activision Blizzard joins a number of international companies finding themselves embroiled in controversy around free speech linked to China. Luxury brands like Versace, Coach and Givenchy have all fallen foul of Beijing’s demands to refer to both Hong Kong and Taiwan as parts of its territory and not suggest they are independent nations.

Even national darling and tech titan Huawei Technologies Co. found itself under fire for the way it represented Taipei in its phone software. And most recently, China’s state media halted NBA broadcasts after Daryl Morey, general manager of the Houston Rockets, tweeted an image supporting Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement. During the summer, China also requested more than 40 foreign airlines stop referring to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan as separate countries.
“As you know, there are serious protests in my country now,” Ng said in a statement to gaming blog Inven Global. “My call on stream was just another form of participation of the protest that I wish to grab more attention.”
Activision Blizzard has tie-ups with Chinese gaming houses Tencent Holdings Ltd. and NetEase Inc. to distribute -- and in some cases co-develop -- new entries in beloved franchises like Call of Duty and Diablo in the world’s biggest video game market and beyond. There’s a lot at stake for the company, which happens to be part-owned by Tencent, as it ventures deeper into China.

Long story short: Pro Hearthstone player is forced to give back his prize money and gets banned for a year for voicing his support of Hong Kong on a card game e-sports(lul) stream. Blizzard also banned the casters of the event despite them not knowing what the player would say.
5087227C-D54B-464A-BAFC-636F629952C3.jpeg

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net

The two remaining games have been banned from Chinese TV.

The Broadcaster released a statement that literally reads that free speech is bad.

Vivo also pulled out yesterday because the NBA's reaction to Morey's comments wasn't good enough.

His comments came as Chinese state broadcaster CCTV said it will no longer air two NBA preseason games set to be played in the country.

CCTV is also reviewing all its cooperation and exchanges involving the NBA, it said in a statement posted to CCTV Sports' official social media account.

The broadcaster indicated the decision was prompted by earlier remarks Silver made in Japan.

"We're strongly dissatisfied and oppose Adam Silver's claim to support Morey's right to freedom of expression," the statement read. "We believe that any remarks that challenge national sovereignty and social stability are not within the scope of freedom of speech."

Chinese smartphone maker Vivo joined other businesses in saying Tuesday that it will suspend its business with the NBA over Morey's comments and the NBA's reaction. Vivo had been a sponsor for the Lakers-Nets games in China.

kaskadöör

kiwifarms.net
I'm getting a chubby just thinking about the day it dawns on burgers that their time is done, their empire is spent and their soul dissolute, all lost due to the racial degradation of their stock, due to their arrogance, their stupidity, their laziness and their greed

I like to think the realisation will arrive in everyone's minds at the exact same time, just after another chicom flex like the ones before - and in that moment, all their military hardware around the world, there to project your phantom dominance, will just crumble to dust, its spirit spent, as if it had been operating for the longest fueled and held together by the power of belief in that there is an US and it's on top of the world

then and there it will be as good as it will ever get, and all you have then is all you will ever have, because it's time for the boogaloo, django unchained

all those circumcisions and no kingdom come

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
The Chinese wield a subtle knife, as a result they're big fans of soft power and economic imperialism. Why fight a war when you can simply buy obedience?
One of the West's worst failing is it's prioritizing of globalist corporations interests over national interests and security.
There is some Arab money that bought Euro football clubs too. Now you have dumb players saying Qatar is much better than the West and only the rest of us gets any punishment if some rando calls a player an "ape". Arabs can go around hating everybody and FIFA doesn't give a shit.

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
Something I just realized: The United States' debt to China, as of May 2019, is $1.1 trillion.

I don't know if that plays a part in this; it made me wonder if one day, China will capitalize on the debt and just have stake in associations like the NBA. Or use it as leverage to issue more tariffs with trading. I'm not a geopolitical person; I'm asking if this would cause any long term ramifications with our relationship with China.
The last time China tried to leverage US debt against the US by selling a shitload of American treasury notes, the US flexed its economic bully muscles. China dumped the debt, moved into EU debt. The euro weakened, the US treasury immediately printed a shitload of dollars and bought the debt in a massive QE move. Now, normally this causes inflation and is a bad, bad idea, and it did cause inflation.

But, since everyone runs to US treasuries in a weak economy, China's attempt to weaken the world economy to spite America caused a run on US debt from other countries, strengthening the dollar. The US, for free, lowered its external debt, added a ton to its economy, and the market for its debt externally was left essentially unchanged.

Where did the inflation go? Right to China, further messing up the trillion dollars they moved to Europe already at a loss. It was something like 2 percent additional inflation. It's been years and it's still not quite back under control, despite having an iron fist control over their economy.

It was subtle, but the US is really good at what it does, even if most countries think it's a bumbling moron of a country.

BoingBoingBoi

bad weird
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the only silver lining i can see here is that people are finally starting to realize and talk about the communist party's sinister global influence. just think about all the shit that's been stirred up and put china to the front of even dopey americans' minds: the trade war, xinjiang human rights catastrophe, the winnie the pooh ban, HK riots, increased scrutiny over confucius institutes abroad (basically communist sleeper cells in foreign countries), the south park episode, this NBA shitshow, the blizzard shitshow---all this shit is i think making people in the west realize like they haven't before just how huge of a threat china is.

of course many of us have known this for years, and know that the fangs have sunk in and the world is doomed to capitulation to the communist party, but it's nice to see these issues being brought to a wider audience.

the only way out i see is if the communist party collapses. it's not crazy to think that a collapse is in the cards. there are some cracks in the facade already. the economic downturn, which was always inevitable, is an impossibility to modern chinese minds, who expect nothing but endless growth from the party, and there's no telling what they'll do when (not if) a recession hits.

there's also reason to suspect intra-party tension, which is a feature of the collapse of any dictatorship, as a response to xi's aggression and attempt to surpass and replace mao. just look at the military parade on the 1st: neither xi's wife, a high ranking military general, nor hu jintao, the previous president of china, were in attendance. big thonk.

also, 70 years is a scary number for one-party dictatorships:
Mexico’s Institutional Revolutionary Party retained power for 71 years (1929-2000);
the Communist Party of the Soviet Union ruled for 74 years (1917-1991); and
Taiwan’s Kuomintang held on for 73 years (1927-1949 on the mainland and 1949-2000 in Taiwan).
The North Korean regime, a Stalinist family dynasty that has ruled for 71 years, is China’s only contemporary competition. (from an scmp op-ed worth a read, amazingly)

just some food for thought.

the next massive powderkeg to go off will be taiwan. if there is a severe crackdown in hk, there's a very good chance that tsai will win, declare independence, and start wwiii.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
The last time China tried to leverage US debt against the US by selling a shitload of American treasury notes, the US flexed its economic bully muscles. China dumped the debt, moved into EU debt. The euro weakened, the US treasury immediately printed a shitload of dollars and bought the debt in a massive QE move. Now, normally this causes inflation and is a bad, bad idea, and it did cause inflation.
That is not why China dumped US treasuries and moved into the EU debt

Its all about the balance sheet and its all about transactions. China had expanded in European trade so a lot of that meant more euros. They were also expanding into trade in parts of africa dominated by the French so they needed euros there

Where did the inflation go? Right to China, further messing up the trillion dollars they moved to Europe already at a loss. It was something like 2 percent additional inflation. It's been years and it's still not quite back under control, despite having an iron fist control over their economy.
the entire chinese economy has been inflating in secret. that inflation was china being unable to export the consequences of their internal inflationary policies anymore

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino