NBC News: Feds looking into Flint airport stabbing as 'possible act of terrorism' - Canadian born suspect shouted "Merry Christmas" (just kidding, it was "Allahu Akbar")

Elwood P. Dowd

President of the Maxliam Fan Club.
kiwifarms.net
Story Link.

FLINT TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Police say an airport officer was stabbed in the neck Wednesday morning at Bishop International Airport in Flint.

The officer was taken to the hospital. Michigan State Police said the officer is in critical condition.

READ: Officer critical after stabbing at Bishop International Airport in Flint

Police identified the injured officer as Lt. Jeff Neville. Bishop International Airport was evacuated and is closed.

Follow
Tom Winter

✔@Tom_Winter

NBC News: The Canadian born suspect shouted "Allahu Akbar" before stabbing the officer multiple law enforcement sources say. W/ @anblanx https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/877562881721516032 …

12:27 PM - 21 Jun 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Police said a suspect has been taken into custody. The airport released the following statement:

"All passengers are safe and are being evacuated at this time. Please check with your airline for potential cancellations or delays."

The FBI is leading the investigation. The Flint City Hall began operating under heightened security in an abundance of caution after the incident.

"Right now we are still awaiting more information about the situation at Bishop Airport this morning," Flint Mayor Karen Weaver said. "My thoughts and prayers are with all of our law enforcement officers who work to service and protect us each and every day. I want the public to know that several agencies are involved and working to ensure the situation is under control. However, at this time we are taking extra precautions just to be safe."

Stay with Local 4 and ClickonDetriot.com as more information becomes available.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This isn't technically in the city of flint, in nearby mundy twp with flint zip code.
And yet we'll still associate the town anyway, the media loves to do that (they did that once for something that occurred in a township that is an enclave in my city, yet my city takes the blame anyway).

IwegalBadnik

Instant Asshole, Just Add Alcohol
kiwifarms.net
This isn't technically in the city of Flint, in nearby Mundy twp with flint zip code.
And yet we'll still associate the town anyway, the media loves to do that (they did that once for something that occurred in a township that is an enclave in my city, yet my city takes the blame anyway).
Would anything really change if they generalized it as even Michigan as a whole?

I think not.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
This is why you shoot people that have a knife. But maybe you could have wounded them...no.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This is why you shoot people that have a knife. But maybe you could have wounded them...no.
Police aren't trained for bullshit like "shoot to wound." They're generally trained to fire clusters of shots into the core of the body where vital organs are and to continue shooting until the target is neutralized. If they start shooting they're not going to stop until you're down or otherwise obviously neutralized. Since they're generally shooting toward where vital organs are, this will often result in death.

This is why don't fuck with cops.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Police aren't trained for bullshit like "shoot to wound." They're generally trained to fire clusters of shots into the core of the body where vital organs are and to continue shooting until the target is neutralized. If they start shooting they're not going to stop until you're down or otherwise obviously neutralized. Since they're generally shooting toward where vital organs are, this will often result in death.

This is why don't fuck with cops.
My father was a DC Metropolitan police officer. I was being sarcastic :)

Reactions: AnOminous
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino